Falling in Love Will Kill You
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
And I was starting to feel the way I used to So just keep on laughing at the bad news
'Cause it's bringing me back Bringing me back
It's early. Too early, maybe, for anyone else, but Nate exists in a state of sleeplessness, only made worse by sickness, by impossible fever coursing through him. But he's been waiting, for something, for a moment, the moment, and it's coming up today. Right now.

Arms are flung around him, along with a body so still, so deep in sleep that he'd almost imagine the other was dead. Nate is intimately familiar with stillness though, knows what this is, and though some small part of him feels guilty, it's shouted over by the much louder, much more excited part that begins shaking Sunjata, gently at first, the harder and harder.

"Sonskyn." It's a desperate and loud whisper, Nate leaning in close, pressing his lips against his lover in the closest thing to actual romance he can really muster at the moment, though it doesn't last, not with the excitement bubbling up in him. "Darling, darling, wake up, it's time, it's today."

His head snaps up and his hand stills, one wide eye flicking around the room. "We need to get out. And... Haai, Pem! You... we need the... the rings." They need a lot of things, actually, but the most important are the rings, and a dagger, though his brain is too sluggish to recall the reason for it.

The blue-eyed gaze finally lands on the window beside the bed, already shabbily repaired once, boards spanning the length of it. Reaching out, Nate presses against one of the boards, grinning wide when it groans, bows under his hand. Perfect. A way out, into Haulani. Just as soon as his other half is ready, is awake and moving and excited, just like he is.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
so show me your love under a bad moon // we'll find your pieces in your bedroom
'cause it's bringing me back // it's bringing me back
A deep, fevered sleep is where Nate finds him. Practically dead to the world, a lump in the blankets along the bed. But then he’s shaking – unwilling and unwanting to wake up just yet. Hands try to grasp onto Nate, finding empty space there while the shaking continues, and scales begin to flicker along his skin in a moment of rage and annoyance before Nate’s voice breaks through, before the press of his lips is felt.

It melts away in an instant, one eye popping open before he manages to wake up a bit more. “Wha…” He trails off, brows furrowing, letting it bounce along his mind for a brief moment until he stills. “Oh fuck.” As if the sudden realization, the dawning thought hits him. He doesn’t know what day it is. He and Nate have been sick for nearly an entire half of a season. He’s lost count, unable to remember half the things that happened.

The mention of rings, however, does capture his attention. “It’s today!” He repeats Nate, fighting through the headache to go to stand, pausing as the rush happens, trying to keep his balance briefly. Haai flits through the Advocates, searching for said rings, offering to carry both for Pemota lest she wanted to carry one in her maw too.

At the very least, the companions slipping out would be far less suspicious than Sunjata and Nate having to try and get around Vai. He’s half-dressed by the time he turns to Nate and notices the boards groaning, making room. He slips a shirt over his head, a good one he thinks before he comes up behind Nate and wraps his arms tightly around his fiancé and press a kiss to Nate’s neck, chin resting on his lover’s shoulder to scan the weather. “What else do we need?” He can’t remember, but he thinks he’s gotten most of it regardless, pulling away from Nate to finish buttoning the shirt and fidgeting with the bowtie to tie it around. Then he's ready, excited, headache melding away for what comes today.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
And I was starting to feel the way I used to So just keep on laughing at the bad news
Sunjata is slow to wake, a fact that awakens endless frustration in Nate. The sun is up barely, the birds are singing barely, and they are getting married. The ascended wouldn’t be able to slow down if he wanted to, has been quietly bouncing in anticipation until this moment. Every night is long for him, but this one had dragged, on and on and on.

A not so steady steadying hand is offered out, as finally Sunjata rises, sways, and steps into the room. Satisfied that they’re both moving, both getting ready, Nate turns his full attention to the window, the bord still stubbornly holding fast. It takes a long moment of thinking to realize pulling out would be easier, the board coming loose no sooner than the thought had come to mind. He doesn’t remember why they can’t simply leave, why they have to be clandestine about their eloping, but he knows it’s important. Just as he knows that the hole he’s opened will be enough, that they’ll somehow work it out.

Arms wrap around him, Nate leaning back into the embrace eagerly, his eye slipping closed and his arm rising to hold onto Sunjata. Fingers trace swirling patterns into the skin behind the attuned’s ear, Nate humming while he thought. ”Rings. Knife. Um... I need to...” His free hand waved up and down in front of his body, his mostly undressed state.

Nate stands as his fiancé steps back, far less graceful than Sunjata, managing to stumble to his knees within a breath of rising, his body not at all ready for the change, after the strain to open the window. Gods, maybe he really is getting sick. It’s his first chance to see his partner dressed up, a grin that is trying too hard to be flirty and not hopelessly, completely in love flooding over his face. ”You do look good in a bow tie.”

The realization just acts as a drive to move around properly, his own shirt scavenged from a corner, pulled on hastily. It’s only at the last second that Nate remembers to not roll the sleeves up, to snag a bow tie and wrap it around his neck, letting it hang down when he realizes he doesn’t know how to tie it. Returning to Sunjatas side, he shrugs helplessly, a grin on his face. ”Help?” A hand lifts to push his fluid damp hair back, forcing it into some measure of neat, some kind of styled.

Pemota is more than happy to not have to carry anything in her mouth, more than eager to slip out of the stuffy room through the provided opening. All at once, an ide a occurs to Nate, both his hands rising to grab at Sunjata’s, pausing them in their task of helping him (because of course he’s helping, right? Right?) ”We need to... we can be smaller! I can, I need your wrist. When you’re done.” With a sheepish huff, Nate drops the others hands and lets him return to his duty.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Nate leans back into him, however brief it may be – his head tilting slightly into the tracing fingers behind his ear. He’s half tempted to make a joke like they had the night the house had burned down, but he can’t quite remember what it was, only that it was mostly relevant here. Regardless, Sunjata pulls away just enough to dress himself, to slip the bowtie around his neck and tie it up – checking through a reflection of a glass that it looks even. “Haai has the rings.” He hums, before realizing Nate’s stumbled, moving to go and help his fiancé up when the smile breaks across Nate’s face.

He pauses, the grin reflecting on his own face as his gaze softens a bit. “I told you so.” There’s a knowing nod offered with that, pausing to check that he’s got the dagger in his boot as he usually does. And when he looks up, he notices that Nate’s already mostly dressed, a loose bowtie wrapped around his neck as he comes to stand beside the Attuned. Sunjata turns to face his lover, hands lifting and dragging slowly along Nate’s chest until he reaches the bowtie ends, fiddling with it until he’s managed to tie it into the shape it was made for.

Leaning in to press a kiss against Nate’s forehead, he pulls back with his lips parting to comment, before Nate’s grabbing his wrists and he stills – soft steel gaze lingering along Nate’s face with a burning excitement deep within them. “You get to pick. Bat or snake.” He murmurs, flashing a playful smirk, ensuring that he’s dressed fully and presentable for his most important day. And when he is, he reaches for Nate’s hand, offering his wrist, the other slipping along Nate’s side with gentle touches. “It’s probably going to take me a second, to recover.” His head tilts slightly, watching Nate’s face, fingers tapping lightly at his fiance’s side. It’s not like he minds, imagining it’ll only make it easier for the start of a fever-induced honeymoon. "But then I'll be ready to go."
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
”Snake, obviously.” Theres no question, none at all. Not after his disastrous attempt with the bat in Halo, a tale that admittedly, Sunjata didn’t know about. His fiancé did know about his other woeful experiences with bats though, did know the aversion he had to the creatures. Reach out as the attuned does, Nate wraps his arm around the others waist, graciously accepts the hand offered out to him. But he doesn’t lift it, doesn’t lean in, not quite yet. First, he leans in, presses a kiss against Sunjata with everything he has, every impossible to speak emotion. They sway, almost like dancing, and almost like passing out, the fear of exactly that enough to pull Nate back, his hand tugging Sunajatas up towards his mouth.

Normally, it’s difficult to describe a bite as tender, difficult to describe it as gentle, but Nate somehow manages the improbable. Manages to fill the gesture with as much feeling as he had the kiss, his arm only tightening around Sunjata’s waist, helping to keep him steady, holding him up. As long as they can lean on each other, can support each either, they can stay up, can be strong.

”Take as long as you need.” The words pour out of Nate in a heavy, heady flow, a kiss pressed to the wound for a moment, lips replaced by a thumb, just to make sure no errant red drops stain the nice shirt. They’ll have plenty of time to get stains on it after the ceremony. A low hum rumbles in Nate’s cheat while he presses against his fiancé, letting him catch his breath, get his head back on properly.

Only when Nate is sure the other man is steady does he move, side stepping in the direction of the window, leaning against it and letting his shape change, limbs disappearing and leaving him momentarily paralyzed, confused about how to move. Every time, he has to remind himself to let go, to give in, and this time is no different, though that release comes sooner, and Nate is slipping up to the sill, and out the space he’s opened, cooling up on the roof while he waits for the other.

And gods, the bond. It’s terrifying, as it always is, as it probably always will be, to be laid so bare. Especially this time, the edges of his mind already weak, ill defined, fever conquering and relinquishing the edges  of his mind seemingly at random, and Sunjata is no different. Instead of pressing, jabbing against each other though, Nate almost feels as if they melt together, leading into a single consciousness, two body’s, but a single mind, a single soul, a single heart. He wonders if Sunjata fees the same, a pulse that’s barely more than a feeling pressed towards the other, somehow understandable despite the nothing it’s made up of.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A tug of his lips shifts it into a feline smile as Nate wraps his arm around his waist. He nestles in, fitting against the Ascended – both leaning on each other – when Nate leans in for a kiss, sweet and serene and perfect for the start of an even better day. And he gives in, melting away into what feels like a puddle of emotions, emotions Nate can’t quite feel yet. But he will.

There’s a moment where it almost feels like time stills, where he’s pausing as Nate’s lips press against his wrist, as fangs slip so tenderly into his wrist that he almost doesn’t feel it – a soft, gentle sensation before the electricity floods within him, igniting a fire that he tries to dampen down. There’ll be time to give into that nature later.

And luckily, it doesn’t last too long, as Nate gets enough to pull away and Sunjata can press against the Ascended, attempting to catch his breath, to push away the sensation to something more manageable. And he does, after a small amount of time, pressing a kiss to Nate’s cheek before the Ascended is stepping away and Sunjata’s swallowing hard, slipping into the cobra shift in a coiled black mass along the floor.

Unlike Nate, Sunjata knows intimately how to use this shift, and it makes it fairly easy for him to slip through the window, to join Nate where the Ascended waits. And the feeling Nate sends over is met with an undampered amount of love and care, an undercurrent of lust that sweeps back and forth as he continues to try and dampen that sensation.

But they’re out the window now, at least. Should be able to get down to the street over here. He murmurs through the bond, a lovers whisper sent over to Nate and Nate alone. And then he guides his lover through to a stairwell, iron railings making it easy for their long bodies to reach, before they can shift back into themselves and meet their companions a bit further down the alley way. It’s still early, the sun having not quite reached the highest point in the sky yet, still early enough that the buildings along Haulani cast large shadows along the alley that feel almost cool and soothing, and Sunjata shifts back into himself to reach for Nate’s hand once the Ascended has too, excitement flaring in his thundering heart. "Ready, Skatjie?"
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
The openness of the bond, especially in this state, sends a shiver down a body that is all spine, an almost too satisfied wave flowing out from him. Nate lets himself bask in it, let’s the feeling tug his mind away so his body can focus on moving, on trying to not slither so closely to Sunjata they entwine. It seems as if the ground rises up in no time, though Nate’s shift back is a little mistimed, and he lands harder on the ground than he’d meant to.

The sun in the sky is still weak, but already the day is hot, and Nate leans into his fiancé, walking him against the wall and holding him there with a long kiss, their hands still entwined. Only when Sunjata is breathless does he pull back, the ascended laying softer kisses over his jaw while the attuned catches his breath.

”Of course I’m ready.” His accent slips out, here to stay for at least the near future. ”Feels like I’ve been ready forever.” And yet, he was still hit hard with nerves, his hand almost clammy, and the fingers on his other hand flicking against his thumb. They’d gotten past the biggest obstacle, they’d gotten out, but... where were they going now? He can’t have forgotten. Can’t have. Maybe if he just- choosing a direction seemingly at random, Nate began to lead the little procession, hoping something would look familiar if he just started moving.

Pemota does what she can, trying to steer them towards the beach, a spot already picked out, but getting Nate to pay attention is a Herculean task. His focus wanders and stumbles more than he does, the ascended tripping over his own feet every time he stares too long at his fiancé.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Nate shifts a little too early, hits the ground a little too hard, yet Sunjata’s not worried. He knows his fiancé can handle it, ends up waiting patiently until Nate’s ready – even if it’s interrupted with the shadows of the building above them and a wall at his back when they pause. And he remains, to enjoy the long kiss, trying to ignore the fact that he needs to breathe and eventually realizing he can’t, but Nate pulls away by then and Sunjata flashes him an excited, crooked smile, chest rising and falling as he tries to catch his breath.

The thicker accent of Nate is like music to his ears, and he keeps his hand intertwined with Nate’s, gaze slipping around the path they take. He can’t quite remember either, and sometimes Pemota distracts him, sometimes the starwhale is briefly forgotten for the feel of Nate’s hand in his and the heat of the day. But Haai does manage to get his attention, slipping behind them and nudging his ankles enough that Sunjata can try and redirect Nate toward the beach, toward some shade.

And when Nate trips or starts to stray, Sunjata’s hand is pulling him back, pulling him along the path they take if only so Haai won’t actually bite at his heels. The companions make a great team, though, and when Sunjata spots the arches in the distance of where they were to marry, he can’t help but to flash a wide grin Nate’s way, leaning into his lover heavily – enough that he begins to trip over his own feet as well – before uttering a gentle laugh. “I think we made it.” He rumbles, lifting his free hand to point to the place that he see up head of the path. The trees here are large, bunched together to cast long shadows into the morning, and there’s already someone waiting for them by the time that he can feel the shift from clay and stone alleys to sand beneath his feet. “Can you believe it?” It’s a quiet whisper given toward Nate, though he squeezes his lover’s hand as they arrive, a grin blossoming across his face.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
”I can’t.” Nate admits easily, his voice soft, almost breathless. ”This feels like a dream.” Like it wasn’t real, like it was too good to be real, but he hadn’t dreamed for longer than he hadn’t slept, so it had to be real. Even if the colours were all too bright, his one eye narrowed against the light of the sun, the one in the sky and the one clinging to him both.

Somehow, the ocean opens up before them, a straight shot to the beach laid out, and just like that, Nate remembers where to go. Credit absolutely belongs to Haai and Pemota, the overworked companions keeping them together, keeping them some measure of safe. Nate would never ask for perfection, but he does want to avoid anything too bad happening today, of all days.

The transition to sand has him stumbling again, nearly taking Nate and Sunjata both out, though he recovers just in time, stands straight and smiles. They’re so close now, he has to be some kind of put together. His hand squeezes Sunjata’s tight, the only evidence of his giddy excitement, as long as you didn’t count the almost too wide grin glued to his face. ”We did a good job.” He whispers, words growing softer the closer they approach their ceremony set up.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It does feel like a dream, and as they continue to walk – tripping and recovering, quiet snickers leaving Sunjata, he can feel the relief that wells down the companion bond between him and Haai. She sits contently next to an older looking man, one that likely worked on the docks and was in charge of most of these smaller weddings. He seems surprised there isn’t more people arriving, but given the state of the two and hearing of the sickness that’s rampaged through Torchline, he can’t say he’s really surprised.

But they’d made the date when they were healthy and had remembered to come, so that at the very least is some solace to the older man.

He stands beside a pillar of sorts, necklaces made of flowers draped onto the side of it, and when Sunjata and Nate have arrived fully, both companions there and the rings dropped from Haai’s maw for the man to take, Sunjata’s gaze reluctantly tears from Nate to focus on the man. He takes a deep inhale, gesturing to the flowers on the side, vibrant and bright. ‘Welcome. Y’both look like ya might be lookin’ forward t’the honeymoon  so might as well get this goin’, ah?’ Does Sunjata mind it? Not one bit. They’d talked about the tradition prior, both one of Torchline’s and his Korofian one, they’ve figured out a way to make it work.

A’ight. I got these flowers here ‘n I’m gonna have ya pick one, present ‘em to one ‘nother with a smile ‘n a kiss t’the cheek.’ So saying, the man holds out two flower necklaces, both look similar enough to one another with a few differences here and there. Both are green and white, and will easily sit around the shoulders without trouble. He hands one to both Sunjata and Nate, waiting for them to take them and offer them to each other, a task that has Sunjata reluctantly letting go of Nate’s hand to grab his, but he does, clutching the flowers tenderly as if they were one of the most precious things.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
This is the ceremony he’d wanted, deep down. Quiet, private, only Sunjata and their companions, the old man leading them through their vows. Nate doesn’t need anyone else. Doesn’t need anything more. He is glad when it’s suggested they start immediately, bright smile breaking out over his face.

Is he following every word the man is saying? Absolutely fucking not, too distracted by the flowers being presented to them, by the sudden loss of Sunjata’s hand in his. There’s a long moment of staring, his gaze roaming over the attuned, one blue eye already watery, and they’ve only just barely started. Nate blinks hard, then carefully drapes the flowers over the attuned’s shoulders, leaning in to press a kiss to his cheek while he does.

Both hands stay outstretched, Nate leaning in perhaps a touch more than he should be, waiting for Sunjata’s hands to be free so they can be held by his again. This is a momentous occasion, and he should be focused on commuting it to memory, but all he wants in the moment is to be close to his partner, his lover, and never step away again. And when his own shoulders are adorned with flowers, when he’s squeezing Sunjata’s hand again, Nate turns, glaces at the rector, waiting to proceed.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s tears in Nate’s eye and Sunjata’s gaze is nothing less of warmth and love, a soft edge to a typically sharp steel. He doesn’t bend down for Nate to drape the flowers over his neck, he doesn’t need to, but his head does tilt and press back gently against the kiss. And then it’s his turn, moving to drape the flowers over Nate’s shoulders and press a soft and gentle kiss to the scarred side of Nate’s cheek. Another small touch he can add while his mind fluctuates between listening and simply making it up as he goes.

This wedding ceremony is far different from his first go around as well as any in Korofi, but it fits. It suits them, he thinks.

The man clears his throat once that’s done, waiting as Sunjata faces Nate and takes his lover’s hands into his. ‘A’ight, now, repeat aft’ me.’ And so the vows begin, Sunjata facing Nate and doing his best to listen, to repeat, thankful that the man goes slow when he stumbles.

I, Sunjata Senzaok, receive you, Nate Wren…” He trails off as he tries to remember what the man’s said. Thankfully he repeats it. “As my partner and love, beside me and… Apart from me, in laughter…” Another pause as his head tilts, watching the swimming in Nate’s gaze, finding it reflected in his own. “And in tears. In sickness,” a hiccuped laugh leaves him with that tidbit, “and in health, in conflict and serenity, asking you to be none other than yourself.” His hands squeeze Nate then, pausing to listen to what else the officiant has to say. “Loving what I know of you and trusting what I don’t; though I think I know a lot about you.” A pause as he promptly forgets what to say. “Oh, right, in all the ways life may bring.” He flashes a grin to that, waiting patiently and silently as it becomes Nate’s turn, the man turning his attention to the Ascended.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate squeezes Sunjata’s hands as tightly as he can, trying to grasp on to the connection between them while his head tilts to listen to the man. What was watery before now threatens to spill over onto his cheek. There have been a dozen tiny moments, a dozen times where he can’t help but think This is happening, this is happening now, but this is the first time it’s actually been true. This is the first step into their life together. This is him promising something to Sunjata, Sunjata promising something to him, and he has no idea what it really means yet but god does Nate want it more than anything.

There’s no need for it, but Nate still takes a steadying breath before he starts talking. ”I, Nathaniel James Wren,” if ever there was a time to use his full name, this is it, ”take you- er, receive you, Sunjata Senzoak, as my partner in love, beside me, and apart from me, and in laughter and tears.” Both of which are plaguing him now, when he knows he’s stumbling, when it still feels right. ”In sickness and health, in conflict and serenity, asking you to be none other than yourself. Loving everything I know of you, and trusting what I don’t, in all the ways life might bring.” Theres going to be struggles. But facing them with Sunjata at his side is a blessing Nate can’t voice.

With one last sniffle, one last tight squeeze of his hands, Nate nods, tips his head towards the officiant, though he’s unwilling to take his eye fully off Sunjata, some part of him still afraid this will all dissolve away if he does. The man grins and nods, finishing the vows. You’ve vowed yer love t’each other, are y’ready t’confirm that love in the responsibilities a’ marriage an’ before all the gods.

For a moment, Nate forgets they’re meant to respond, forgets that this isn’t the end, and just smiles widely at Sunjata. It’s not until the attuned goes to answer that he remembers, the words ”We are.” leaving him in a rush, overlapping with Sunjata.

With that not being the end though, Nate remembers the other part of this, and pulls his left hand away, eyes dipping to the dagger he knows is on the other mans body. Though, judging by the way his eye roams, he’s not sure where.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s a strange sensation that fills Sunjata, an odd combination of the attention on him that’s entirely Nate and the officiant, nobody else around. It wasn’t like Korofi, where often times he’d stood before hundreds of people, it wasn’t like any of that. There’s a small sensation that fills him with the awkwardness of being seen that only Nate can do. The way the Ascended can look at him and see everything he’s done in the past, everything he’s ashamed of, everything he’s proud of, and still stand there with tears in his eye. It feels like a blessing. And he’s not sure what to do with it other than to squeeze Nate’s hand back.

And he listens when the man speaks, having them confirm it, Sunjata’s voice a bit hoarse from swallowing back the emotions that tighten his throat. “We are.” He agrees, he breathes, he vows. But then it’s their turn, for the backwards tradition of Korofi, one hand slipping out of Nate’s to reach for his boot, to pull out the familiar dagger he always kept there.

One swipe of the blade across the palm of his right hand has blood pooling into it, two fingers dipping into the ruby hue before he’s focusing back on Nate. Typically it’d be done around the collarbones, but they’re dressed up so nice it’d be a shame to ruin it. So he opts for a different approach, reaching for Nate’s neck instead, to trace a line of blood to surround it like a necklace, like a choker, like a collar. “deur my bloed is jy myne van vandag af.” He hums, settling back and handing the dagger to Nate to do the same.

Blood drips to the ground from his hand while he waits, not willing to let his gaze or other hand depart from Nate for too long until Nate’s part is finished. Only when it is, does he reach for a cloth in his front pocket to tie around his palm to stop the bleeding.
SUNJATA