nature and nurture
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
don't make a shadow of yourself, always shutting out the light
Amalia has spread herself thin.

Between recovering from LongNight, the trip to the Climb, becoming sick, and returning to the Climb, the Shield has found she's made more promises than she can hope to keep. Still, the girl is determined to try, and though she is late she has made an oath.

And oath she does not how to fulfil, but it is for that reason she is here. This time she comes prepared: a warm apple tart is placed before the shrine, as well as a pot of lavender honey tea. For good measure she adds a plate of berries and cream: Amalia has no idea if Frey will reject food that's been cooked, and she needs all the goodwill she can garner.

Kneeling down before the shrine, the Shield looks carefully at the stone base. "Frey, I came to ask your help in keeping a promise. Two, actually."

For Nature!Frey

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
Amalia has spent 450 MP to receive a quest from a god!

Two promises? Honey, you’re burning the candle at both ends.”

Frey’s voice echoes in the buttery sweet scent of blossoms on the wind; petals dance through the air and whisper across her cheeks, before forming into the nature deity seated comfortably on the stone. They clap their hands together, preening over the apple tart, the berries, the tea and the cream.

”Well this is just to die for, isn’t it sugarplum? Do play mother, won’t you?” They wave to the tea and tart, implying that Amalia should serve it all up. ”While we sample these delicacies, you can regale me of these promises.”
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
"I've never been accused of playing mother before." Amalia's cheeks flush at the appearance of the god, though much to her relief it is not from the too-familiar arousal they usually inspire. Indeed, this is a Frey she feels far more comfortable with, the allure of nature and a a springtime breeze strangely comforting to the girl.

Still kneeling reverently before them, the Shield dares to glance up at the figure on the stone. Still naked and largely undefined, Amalia can recognize the things she associates most with life in their features - particularly the mocha skin and spiced aroma of her mother's perfume. "The first was a promise I made to you," the baker admits to the deity, "That I would help the Spark Bird find its way home this year.

"My second promise was to help a herd of unicorns make their way through the lightning storms, back to their home."
Now looking fully at the god, Amalia hopes the humility she feels is evident in her face. "I hoped that you might have some guidance... that you could help them. Or help me do so."

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Frey
”An accusation? No, a request.” Frey laughs, still waiting expectantly for her to serve the tea and the tart. ”Nature’s matriarchs are both formidable and nurturing. An aspiration that we all might hold.” They lean back on their hands to listen. And their eyebrows raise to hear her promises, a smile creeping across their lips. Hands clapping together, they reach out for some of the berries, popping them into their mouth.

”I am not so sure I can offer you help with the Spark Bird, sugar,” they say, mischief twinkling in their eyes. ”If you made a promise to me, and now you are asking me to help you fulfil that promise... I might as well do it all myself, no?”

The unicorns, though. That poses a more interesting predicament. ”I might be able to help,” they purr. ”But why ask me, child of Vi? Surely a different herald holds your preference.”
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Smiling and flushing, Amalia begins to serve out the food and tea she's brought, setting a plate for the god to partake of. "The matriarchs of my family certainly were," the girl agrees with warm nostalgia.

The lack of aid in the area of the Spark Bird is disappointing, causing her brows to knit into a frown. "I... I suppose that's true. I only wondered- where is the Spark Bird from? I've been to the Climb, which seems likely, but then how would it get there? Can animals take the portals?" She knows she's pushing her luck, but her attempt to speak to the bird itself hadn't yielded any answers.

As for the unicorns, Amalia blushes, glancing back at her cup of tea. "I often turn to Safrin, and she has done so much to help me," the girl agrees with a shy, adoring smile. "But in this area... unicorns seemed more in your domain. And I'd, I'd heard rumors that the storms themselves were the work of Rae, so it seemed apt to ask their herald for aid." Looking back up at the being, the Shield shrugs, her cheeks still flushed.

Change author:
Frey
"Mm, they certainly were," Frey agrees, taking tea and tart with a soft coo of pleasure, making sure to sip at the beverage with their pinky out. "With a spread like this, peach, you might be well on your way to joining them," they add, falling quiet for a few moments to indulge themselves. In the silence, Amalia has plenty to say besides.

When she is finished, they raise an eyebrow in her direction. "It is a bird made of fire, dear," they remind her. "The most obvious answer is normally the correct one. It likely comes from a hot place, and it likely travels on its wings." With a grin, they scoff the last bit of the tart and hum over her next point. Apparently satisfied (in more ways than one), they nod acceptance at her reasoning.

"Very well," they say. "Speaking of matriarchs, then, the unicorns are no exception. Within a herd there is always one that leads it. If you would like to help these unicorns through the storms, first you must win the trust of their matriarch. And then you must ride her through the storms, to lead the others."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
She has the good grace to look a little chagrined, grimacing as a blush rushes over her cheeks. "Of course," she murmurs, but she's smiling despite the gentle chiding, rubbing a hand over the back of her neck. "Okay. Flying. We can... I can do that." Will she be able to fly to the Climb, given the storms that lock in the Grounds? One way to find out, it seems.

Looking back up at the mention of matriarchs, Amalia tilts her head curiously, listening to the instructions. "What about the lightning?" she asks, a frown pulling at her brows. "Last time it struck the unicorns worst. And this time I won't have-" Deimos hangs unspoken on her lips, a painful reminder of what she's given up, of the cost it incurred.

"I won't have a good way to protect them," she finishes instead, looking back at the ground.

Change author:
Frey
Frey mulls over her points while they continue to sip at their tea and to enjoy the treats she has brought, humming under their breath and considering what might be done. Eventually, they seem to come to a conclusion. "Alright. Well, we'll have to create something to draw the lightning away, won't we?" They clap their hands together. "It won't be an easy task, but it should help you in your endeavours."

And so they begin to explain.

Amalia has received a quest from Frey! She must:

- Complete one thread obtaining a unicorn horn. (It must be separate from the unicorn).
- Complete one thread having an Abandoned cast Lightning magic at the unicorn horn.
- Complete a thread taming the head of the herd of unicorns.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
The tea party continues with instructions shared, a few clarifying questions asked, and Amalia feeling bright with purpose at the potential of a solution, a way to aid the creatures she guided here. When the pastries and tea are finished the girl is left with a strange sort of satisfaction and a newfound respect and affection for the nature deity, this side of them previously having been obscured, in her mind. Maybe Loren's dedication to Frey is less mystifying than the girl initially thought.

When the time comes for her to go, it is with a final word of thanks and the promise to bring more goods to Frey's shrine soon.

{fin!}