making me feel glad that I'm not you
For Morgan
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
saiden
After the hard work of getting out here and loading up all their containers with water, Saiden was tired, dehydrated, and covered in sweat. He'd shrugged off his pack a while ago, leaving it with the rest of their supplies. Making his way towards one of the pools, one that was far away from the rest of their group, he knelt beside it.

Cupping his hands in the water, he brought them to his lips. Despite the heat from the springs, the liquid was almost impossibly thirst-quenching. Sighing, he used his magic to drink deeply and fully.

Then he shifted into a seat position. Taking off his boots, he wiggled his toes before dipping them into the water. Closing his eyes, he just basked in that position, leaning back so his palms were resting against the ground.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Morgan
Snakes are biting at my heels
The worries that refuse to let us go
The containers were full and the group was taking a break before heading back, so Morgan began to wander. Not too far, making sure to follow the edge of the water so she could find her way back, she watched her reflection in the surface as she walked. Her fall on the way had shaken her more than she let on in front of everyone else and as she passed by the water rippled and bubbled, the only outward evidence of her discomfort.

She saw Saiden when it would be too late to turn around without him noticing. Of all the people on the expedition, he was the one she knew the least, and the impression she had gathered was that he was at least a little bit of a scoundrel type. Morgan sighed and walked closer, not wanting to create unnecessary tension;she had wanted a rest anyway.

"Are you alright?" She asked, looking to Saiden then out over the water. "I wanted to go for a walk too. ...Do you mind if I...?" Gesturing down to the spot next to him, she raised an eyebrow.
I've been kicking them away
Been hoping not to let them take control
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
saiden
As Morgan spoke, Saiden let his head loll over one shoulder as he glanced at her. Grinning, he nodded. "I should be asking you that, all things considered." He laughed a little under his breath.

Gesturing at the spot next to him, he scooted over a bit. As he did, he slid his feet further into the water. "I never mind the company of a beautiful and strong woman. Make yourself comfortable." Reaching down, he began to roll up the legs of his pants so they wouldn't get wet.

His eyes flicked in her direction as he did. "So," he drawled. "Is this what you were expecting when you left Halo?" Unable to suppress the shiver at the mention of that frigid land, he leaned back onto his elbows.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Morgan
"I'm fine. There's been worse." Morgan wasn't about to reveal any upset she had to Saiden, who she barely knew. There were very few people in the world she'd comfortably discuss her issues with, in truth at the moment only the one (and unsurprisingly, it wasn't Saiden).

She rolled her eyes as she sat at his compliments, crossing her legs and choosing to simply look over the water. Maybe it was due to her being Abandoned, feeling unwelcomed by the Gods, or more due to the knowledge it might not help everyone, but Morgan found herself almost anxious of the pool. She had filled the containers as needed and now she was done with it, only staring at her reflection as she listened to Saiden speak.

"It's hardly the first time I've left Halo." She replied, raising an eyebrow. "Is this what I expected of The Climb, though? ...No. I didn't know that a place could be so hot. This spring is really the only redeemable part of this land I've seen so far. What about you?"
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
saiden
Grinning at Morgan's words, Saiden arched an eyebrow. "Oh? Is that so?" He cocked his head to one side. "Sounds like you've got some tales to tell." Whistling a jaunty little tune, he slid his legs further into the water.

Nodding at her words, he reached out with his water magic. The surface of the spring started to dance and frolic, splashing the pair of them a bit as it did. "Me?" He chuckled and shrugged. "I've seen a lot of places and I've lived through a war and a volcanic eruption. So I'm not particularly fazed by anything these days." Shooting her a glance, his eyes narrowed.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Nearby, something catches both Saiden and Morgan’s attention. Pale and delicate, it seems to have bloomed perfectly right in their sight. Almost like it’s waiting for them to see it.

Morgan and Saiden have discovered:

Rae’s Lilies (rare): Purest white and veined with turquoise and gold, these lilies may only be found along the edges of the Frey’s Breath hot springs. Rumoured to contain all the healing power of the springs and more, they are a mythical find indeed.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
"...A few, yes, but I'm not a storyteller." Morgan had never been particularly gifted with the way of words, at least not in her own opinion of herself, and struggled to get across stories from her past when she tried. "Regardless, while today was certainly stressful...I survived, so I will move on. Not even a scar from it." This was all said partially to convince herself, more than anyone else, but Morgan was careful not to appear too rattled. The leader of a region could not let herself be seen as weak.

She flinched away from the splashes of water, frowning at Saiden, but trying to listen to what he had to say. "A war? In Caido, or...?" Any of the other infinite places people claimed to come from nowadays, each with it's own history and complex problems and benefits.

Learning about Outlander worlds was always somewhat fascinating, but Morgan's eyes naturally wandered over to the flower by the shoreline, her gaze swiftly fixed on it. "Look at that. That flower. It has...gold? In it."
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
saiden
Saiden chuckled at Morgan's response. "All it takes to be a storyteller is to tell stories." Winking at her, he grinned. "And I think you'll find that I'm an avid listener." Nodding at her next comment, he let his eyes track over her body. "Should I take that to mean you have scars elsewhere?" His lips curled into a smirk.

Shrugging at her question, he let the water fall. "A war yes, Caido no." Before he could say anything further, the flower floated into view.

Eying it, he glanced at her. "You don't think it's actual gold, do you?" Narrowing his eyes, he reached out with his magic, trying to tug the bloom closer to them through the water.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
"I disagree. I've known many who drone on for hours about their own stories but have nothing to tell, and only serve to terribly bore everyone around them." Several of the old council members went unnamed here, but Morgan had their faces in her mind. Still, she was about to give in and tell him a couple of her old missions, when he made a comment on her scars, his eyes drifting dangerously far down her body. "If you try to flirt with me one more time you will have scars."

A war outside of Caido, fought for reasons she could not know and by sides she'd never seen; it was intriguing, to hear what would essentially be a fairytale for her. While the odd flower for the moment took precedence, Morgan decided to keep that as something to talk about when they needed a new topic (lest Saiden decide to make any more advances).

"...I doubt it." Morgan reached out herself, just gently jostling and releasing the dirt around the base of the flower with her new Earth magic, something she had not yet perfected but that would do for this task. As the flower began to come closer through both of their efforts, she tilted her head at it. "A flower from this spring...Do you think it might have the same benefits as the water?"
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
saiden
Barking out a laugh at Morgan's comment,Saiden grinned. "I'd argue those aren't proper stories. Just anecdotes and facts dragged on for far too long."

Smirking, he spread his arms a bit, revealing a body weathered by many years on the ocean. "What makes you think I don't already have scars?" Indeed, he did, from callouses, cuts, and old burns on his hands to white ridges on his arms, legs, and chest that were clearly caused by swords and knives and other more exotic weapons.

Shrugging, he reached out with his magic again, trying to bring the bloom within reach. "Fuck if I know. You think I look like the healer or scholarly type?" Chuckling, he winked at her.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
"And what is it that makes the difference?" Morgan didn't really have much interest in the distinction, but she'd discovered in the last months she was apparently very susceptible to being drawn into bickering contests with smarmy men. A habit of hers she'd have to work on.

She did look over as he stretched, though she was sure to keep on her face a serious and bored expression, not wanting to in any way give the impression she was admiring his body (and really, he wasn't her type anyway). "And are all of those from women you've annoyed?" Morgan asked, though it was obvious the man had been in his fair share of serious fights; she sighed and releasing some of her tension, spoke again: "...I apologise. Tell me a story of one of them."

The flower came within reach and she gently reached out to take it. Reaching into her pocket, Morgan pulled out a small cloth, which had until now been wrapped around the hairball she'd gotten from the shrine. Figuring it would likely survive the trip back, she placed it down between herself and Saiden and went to wrap the bloom in it instead, very gently. "Good point. It might be of use, though. Perhaps we could find a way to divide it to experiment with it's parts."
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
saiden
Grinning, Saiden leaned forward towards Morgan and lowered his voice somewhat. "How interesting the tale and the person telling it are." He smirked. "If you're a boring person, you'll be a boring storyteller. But you strike me as anything but boring."

Throwing his head back he laughed. Nodding, he pointed at one particularly ugly scar on his abdomen. "A few. And men. More of them are from jealous lovers though." Winking, he pointed at another old wound, this one on his shoulder. "This is from a noblewoman whose husband I seduced. Let's just say he wasn't annoyed in the slightest though even if she was."

As she took out the cloth and removed the object from inside it, his eyes narrowed. His gaze flicked towards the flower as she wrapped it. As they did, his air magic reached out and began to roll and pull the hairball closer to him. When in was within reach and she seemed preoccupied with her current task, his fingers crept across the ground to curl his hand around it. He slipped it under his waistband in a small pouch he used to hide valuables.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
Morgan sighed, gesturing her acceptance of Saiden's point. "Very well then. What story do you want to hear from me? I find it difficult to simply select one." There had to be a moment he was curious about in her life; depending on what it was, she didn't mind elaborating. She'd never really done much telling of her tales, the Warden being quite a private, professional person: it was only in the last year she had gained what she might call actual friends, for the first time in a long time.

Looking at the shoulder wound, she couldn't help but smile just a little, perhaps because of how different to herself Saiden was; Morgan could never imagine being so glib about the seduction of a Noblewoman's husband. Had such a thing occurred to her, it would have been a major event, not just another scar for the collection. "And are you still close to this man?"

She was distracted enough by the flower, thoughts that it might sustain Neron or help if the water could not, that she didn't notice the hairball being taken. Morgan was unawares of it's powers anyway, and had considered throwing it away several times. When contrasted with the beautiful and potentially powerful bloom in her hands, it meant little. "...I wonder if there is a name for these. Perhaps I should ask an elder at the Citadel."
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
saiden
Saiden hummed at Morgan's response. A slow grin spread across his lips. "Tell me about the fiercest battle ye've ever been in." He leaned towards her, eyes fixed on hers.

Chuckling, he shook his head. "No, not exactly. Would be hard considering it was two worlds ago." Still laughing, he winked at her. "Why do ye ask? Ye curious about the experience?" Waggling his eyebrows, he stroked the scar, his finger tracing down the raised ridge of skin.

Hairball safely ensconced, he peered at the flower she held in her hands. "Or ye could name it and take all the credit for the discovery. Morgan's Magnolias. The Glacier's Gardenias." He spread his hands as if outlining a sign with the words embossed on them.