down to earth

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
"This garden has always been one of my favourite places." The goddess muses, a hand around Seren's shoulder. "It is one of the few collaborations between Frey and I...though I must say, it has worked out rather well." Indeed, with Safrin's illusion and starcrafting combined with Frey's healing and animal care, the Celestine has for centuries been a place of whimsical magic and ethereal beauty.

Together mother and child stroll through the moonlit glades, all manner of magical creatures in various enclosures specifically suited for their needs on either side of a pale pathway. "Stormbreak is...perhaps not the most inspiring of places to be, but until you find your feet again on this plane of existence, I think it best you remain here for a while. Certainly, if you wish it, the Order would be happy to take you in. They're always hungry for demigods of course, but with all you know, you'd be a most valuable resource to them."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Oh, empty my heart
"It's beautiful", Seren replied, a touch distracted. And it was, it really was. A perfect twilight full of all the wonders of the mortal world, and a good point of transitioning from her mother's realm. Her feet barely made a sound on the paving stones as she strolled along, pressed close to Safrin's side with an arm around the goddess' slender waist, yet she was keenly aware of every place her soles connected with the ground. A thrill of sensation that traveled up through every bone, sent tingling shivers back down the spine - ah, she was back.
It was an effort to pay attention to what her mother was saying. Stormbreak? Yes. And finding her feet. Not to worry, mother, she knew exactly where those were.
"I think I might have a look at the Order, at least. It does seem rather interesting on the surface... an inside perspective would be very enlightening." She smiled. It would have been lovely to return to Torchline, to the lighthouse and the house by the sea. But this was the compromise they had reached, and Seren would be lying if she said she wasn't eager to explore. A whole city full of new faces, and she was free to wander and explore to her heart's content.
"Thank you, Mother. For letting me come here. I promise I will be careful." She had said it many times already, but it didn't hurt to repeat herself. If it helped reassure Safrin even the slightest bit more...
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
"They will positively adore you, of course." Safrin muses, her fingers trailing light patterns down her daughter's back as they walk perfectly in stride. The goddess's words are both a prediction as well as somewhat of a threat. If appropriate reverence isn't  shown, the Order will have hell to pay. But Safrin isn't' concerned, the pious do-gooders that they all were.

Nodding a touch stiffly, Safrin having preferred to keep her daughter close of course, her smile softens after a moment. "This..illness going around. It shouldn't affect you. The time for contracting it is long passed. Even so, be careful, Seren." Careful of all of it. This world and the idiots it was comprised of. Of those with false smiles and greedy hearts. "I know very little about what has caused it—" This not being a fact that Safrin has told anyone else, the goddess obviously never like seeming ignorant. But she'd not let her vanity hinder the safety of her child. "—Ludo isn't the cause and I can't imagine Frey is either. Perhaps it is nothing more than Tanau having created some sickness within itself, who knows."
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"Of course," Seren laughed and shrugged lightly. If they did turn out to love her, it was all good and well. If not? Well, she was sure there were ways to win all people over. In her experience - limited though it admittedly was - all it took to open hearts was a warm smile and some genuine interest. Whether that worked outside the laid back attitudes of Torchline had yet to be tested, but how hard could it be?

Reurning her mother's smile with one of warm gratitude, the starchild made an effort to pry her thoughts from the surroundings and her own elation to listen properly to the cautions. Reaching up, she touched Safrin's hair and tucked a strand tenderly behind the perfect crescent of an ear. "If I can help those who have been afflicted, I will. But I promise you, mother, I will not go running after a cure on my own or leap into trouble if I can help it. Please don't worry, I am going to be just fine." As before, it would be difficult to be away from Safrin. But the restless itch to do something would not settle, and the guilt kept gnawing at her with every moment spent tucked away in a safe place while others suffered. People she knew, people she loved. And if all Seren accomplished by coming here was a moment spent with her father... Well. That was enough in itself. Perhaps all this urgency was really just her missing him, too.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Change author:
Safrin
Safrin was one who created heroes. She fashioned them from those around her, though never before had her own cosmic flesh and blood been on the cusp of such a task before. The thought of it makes the goddess want to spirit her daughter back up to the sky where she could continue to grow and develop, far from the prying and insidious minds and hearts of the mortals living on the crust of Caido.

But...even Safrin knows when she must let her little dove fly on her own, and so she merely sighs softly, returning Seren's smile with one of her own.

"No doubt your father will be excited to see you. Perhaps I might arrange for him to take a trip to Stormbreak? Or would you like to surprise him?"
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"I think a surprise is in order. A happy one, for once. It is rather overdue for him, don't you agree?" As they came upon a fork in the road, Seren paused and turned towards Safrin. Gazing her fill of the goddess was impossible of course, there were always more exquisite details to discover and adore, but she made an attempt at it all the same.

Then, when she could hold herself back no longer, Seren stepped into her mother's embrace and hugged her fiercely. "I love you, mama. I'm going to miss you. Watch over me?"
SEREN

Change author:
Safrin
With a love that has caused stars to form and worlds to be flung apart in rage, the goddess wraps her arms tightly around her daughter's shoulders, drawing her close. The starlit gardens dim even further until the two stand simply on the cusp of creation, just mother and daughter and the unbreakable bond that will forever tether them together.

"Of course, my little star." Safrin whispers, her voice weighty with emotion and longing even though Seren was still in her arms. "I will always be watching you.Always." She adds, pulling back slightly if only so that she could softly take her daughter's face in her hands and press a kiss against her forehead.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Closing her eyes, Seren leaned into the kiss and tried to savor the moment. Tuck it away in her memories, to recall later when the going got rough and she felt lonely. But when tears started to prickle behind the eyelids she forced down a deep breath and reminded herself firmly that this was all her idea and what was she doing, getting all sentimental like this?

Reluctantly, she took a step back. And another, as she slowly backed out of the embrace. And though there was ever a sense of regret in leaving Safrin's side, the glitter in her eyes held more laughter than tears, and the smile she offered her mother was one of pure mischief. "I hope you blink sometimes... because there are a few things I really want to try and I'm not sure either of us wants you to see those." With a laugh Seren threw a kiss and turned to head off down one of the paths. Her skipping feet barely touched the ground, and before long she was swallowed up by the garden's splendour.

- Fin
SEREN