pushing past the limit
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i am on a journey to discover what it's like to be free of all my demons
There was something both ironic and horribly depressing about being in Halo, being in his dragon shift. It feels almost like a mockery, of the trauma that surrounded the snows and a vibrant white dragon, that he’d be blessed with a dragon of onyx and electric blue lightning.

He supposes that’s at least better than the icy blast that had murdered Adam and Peter. But it still doesn’t help the sorrow of his emotions, the dragon curled up on the edge of the icy plateau looking down into the reflection of the sea of glass. And when it becomes too much, the blue glow begins in his throat, a huff of annoyance in the form of a parting maw and electricity crackling along and through the waves, accidentally murdering a few fish in the process that float to the surface.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
like thunder gonna shake the ground
News of a dragon spread swiftly in Halo, although they claimed it was not the white dragons that plagued Halovians, but rather a black one. Regardless, Loren had dispatched himself to check out the reports. After Weaver's death, the healer wasn't going to take any chances.

Making his way out towards the Sea of Glass, he saw a flash of light, followed by a boom of sound. Changing his trajectory, he approached the dark spot against all the white. Before too long, he could see the rumors were true and that there was a black dragon, one that was similar to the lightning dragon he could summon in appearance and apparently skill.

Stopping a decent distance away, the lion eyed the dead fish. Then he project his thoughts to the dragon, since some of them at least were supposedly intelligent and capable of communication. I'm not looking for a fight, he informed the creature. However, the Firebrand had pulled himself to his full height, and his feet were gathered beneath him to spring out of the way or towards the dragon if he needed.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He should have known that his presence in this form would cause rumors to spread. But he also figures that the amount of Halovian’s that had told him he had been reckless and stupid to seek out a dragon might hold true in this regard. And for the most part? He’s been left alone.

Until now, it seems, when a voice invaded his thoughts — one that could be none other than the summoner.

And so, Sunjata’s wings flutter a bit, rising himself up from the edge of the water and letting his head swing back toward Loren. Slit pupils sit in familiar steel, the vibrant blue of his throat dying out as he focuses on the lion. That makes two of us. He murmurs back down the bond. It’s been a long time, Loren.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
As the familiar voice filtered through the summoner's mind, he stilled. Then Loren huffed out some air, which puffed into a white cloud in the freezing air. That's too bad, since last I checked both of us liked fighting as long as it doesn't get out of hand. The healer's tail flicked.

Waiting for just a moment more, he started moving towards Sunjata, leaving huge tracks in the snow that started to fill in as the memory snow crept back into place. The healer's tail flicked as he approached, and his eyes tracked over the Arbiter's newest shift. Time has been a little hard for me to keep track of recently, but yes, it has, he responded.

When the Firebrand was close enough, he opened his mouth and pulled in air, memorizing the dragon's scent. Which I guess means we've got a lot of catching up to do. Loren dropped to the ground near Sunjata. As the healer did, he yawned and licked his lips.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A low hum leaves the dragon, a shake of his head as he settles back beside the sea of glass. I try to do a bit less fighting nowadays. Ever since the lightning and the sickness had racked through his system. But as Loren approaches, Sunjata settles easily, wings tucking back in, lightning scars trailing from his right leg up across half his chest in pale swaths among the black.

It’s been hard to keep track of for me too. He admits with what could only be conveyed as a feeling of a frown, a bit of bitterness coursing through the bond. His tail slides to curl around him, long claws digging into the snow as he hears Loren’s comment and huffs an amused snort. How have you been? What has he all been up to in the cold wastes of Halo while sickness rampaged through the world.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Chuffing out more air at Sunjata's response, Loren tilted so he could look into the dragon's eyes. As the lion did, he realized that was a bad idea with a bigger predator than himself, and he dropped his head back to his paws. Good luck with that.

Batting a bit of snow back and forth between his paws, he felt his ears flick forward at the other man's admission. It sucks, doesn't it. Growling a bit, the Firebrand took a deep breath and settled down again. Sick. A bit lonely in my brief bouts of sanity. He cut off the whine that rose from the back of his throat. You?
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
So far he’s been successful in avoiding fights, if only because of the sickness and the way that the greater good seemed to shine through — like Ronin not pursuing Sam during the blunder of a meeting they’d had. As for the rest of it? He can’t particularly say much else, not when Loren’s gaze meets his and Sunjata’s jaw parts slightly to reveal sharp teeth, wings flaring before Loren’s gaze drops.

And he can focus on something else, like the fish still floating in the water, like the way his claws tear through the ice like it’s nothing. He hears Loren’s words, large head bobbing a bit in understanding, a similar pulse shot over the bond toward Loren. Burned my house down in Torchline. Nate and I got married. I don’t really remember either of them. Perhaps that was the saddest bit of all, the fact he couldn’t remember his own wedding, the only one he’d ever wanted.

Came to Halo to go to the Climb, now just getting ready to head back home. A small sigh leaves the dragon with that, head lowering to rest on the icy shelf before the water.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Keeping his head down, Loren shuffled across the snow, putting a bit more distance between himself and Sunjata. Wouldn't want to ruin your streak, the healer quipped to explain his movements.

Ah. His tail flicked. My condolences and congratulations then? Making that chuffing sound again, he found himself staring at the dragon's claws as they pierced the ice. Then the lion's gaze was drawn back to the dead fish.

There's been a lot of that these days. How was the Climb? Hesitating for a moment, he added, And how's Nate?

Stretching out a paw, he indicated the fish. Also, are you going to eat those? His stomach rumbled with hunger, but he wasn't dumb enough to take another animal's kill without permission.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A pulse of appreciation is sent toward the lion, a low hissing sound tapering off into silence, aside from the cracking of the ice beneath his claws. Thanks. He rumbles back, shifting his legs on the ice as he watches the fish bob in and out of the waves. The Climb was warm, uneventful. Though the dragon swallows hard, a swell of emotions cutting through him, somewhat glad that the dragon shift hides the bruises and bites along his skin from Nate’s and his rendezvous. Nate is sick. The water doesn’t work for Ascended.

With that simple statement, there’s a low crackling growl that slips from his throat, a blue glow that emanates from his throat again before he tampers it down again.

Slit pupils spot the paw that gestures toward the fish, his large head shaking. Have them. He isn’t hungry anyway. Who else is sick here in Halo?
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Settling into his lasting spot, Loren made a little hacking sound. You're welcome. He made sure not to look directly at Sunjata after that, though the healer kept the dragon in his peripheral vision.

The Climb is very warm, the Firebrand agreed. Lifting a paw, he stared at the scars at it for a moment. Shivering, he dropped it to the ground again and went back to torturing memory snow playing with his snowball. Growling a bit, he batted at the snow with more force than intended and it flew off into the distance. I know. My brother's still sick.

Standing up, he padded towards the surface of the water. Thanks. Testing the surface of the ice, he stepped onto it. Swiping a claw, he came up with a fish. Munching down on it, he retreated to a safer location. Other than me and Neron, Deimos. Not sure if he's here for good but he's been hanging about. A few others, but I don't know their names. He risked a glance at the other man. Torchline?
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The mention that Neron is sick is an interesting tidbit, Subjata shifting his large reptilian head over the icy snow to lift it up again and stare at his rippling reflection. That’s a shame. He comments, thinking of the other member of his guild as well, before he exhales a long and slow sigh, moving to stand along the edge of the ice and shake off the snow on his wings. He listens to the names of those sick, something internally terrible as he thinks of it.

Too many. Samuel, Nate, Hotaru… Many more. He leaves out Remi’s name, thinking it best. I wish I knew what happened… How to fix it. The dragon’s lips curl in a bit of a sneer, wings tucking in tight again as he sits back on his haunches, watching Loren devour the fish. I don’t remember much from the last season and a half. It’s… Horrible. Worse than the blight in some aspects.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren nodded in agreement with Sunjata's assessment. It is. Claws flexing, the lion left scores in the ice that made up the Sea of Glass. He stared at them, tail swishing. Growling as some of the snow from the Arbiter's wings hit the lion's fur, the summoner shook his body, dislodging it.

Glancing up from his examination of the sparkling icy sea, he met the dragon's gaze for just a moment. The healer looked down again, this time examining the distance mountains. Too many, he agreed. Taking a deep breath, he let out it slowly. Amalia thinks it's something we brought back from the Climb during our initial visit.

Licking the blood and guts from his mouth and paws, he rumbled deep in his chest. I remember. Or rather, don't remember, which is the problem. Reaching out, he snagged another fish and tore into it.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He meets Loren’s gaze briefly before the lion shifts his attention again, and Sunjata remains staring. Slit silver pupils lingering on the lion as he speaks, as he mentions Amalia and something within him almost tries to bristle. It would make sense. Nate and I weren’t anywhere near the Climb, but Wessex brought Hotaru home. And now that Hotaru is missing and they don’t exactly have a home, he’s not sure where that leaves things.

I don’t know what I did during that time or what I didn’t do. We went to the Climb to try and find anything and there was nothing that happened. A low rumbling growl reverberates in his throat again, electricity sparking and bluing his throat before he tears his gaze away to stare at the mountains in the distance. I thought I was getting sick because I was electrocuted, but no. Nostrils flare, lips quivering to reveal sharp teeth again, talons digging into the ice and cracking it beneath his feet. I’m tired, Loren.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
A breeze sprang up, full of the chill wind of Halo. It ruffled along Loren's fur, and he shivered more out of instinct than because he felt the cold. Wessex is sick too. So all four of us who went to the Climb caught the illness, along with most of the people we came into contact with. He stared out at the expanse of ice before them.

Stilling at the growl from Sunjata, the lion took in a deep breath. Finishing his meal, he groomed himself once more. Then he stood and made his way over to the Arbiter.

The healer tucked himself against the other man's side. I know. Well, not about the electrocution, but I understand the rest of it. Loren nuzzled against Sunjata's neck. You can rest. There are others looking into this, you know.
LOREN