fights to the last sliver
for Amun
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Whoa, you let your feet run wild
Time has come as we all go down
His time was limited, and the more he inclined towards the portal, the more he wondered if it was worth it. If he could do this another day, another hour, when the emotions weren’t so raw and reeling, when everything didn’t want to shackle and knot around his neck, when his ribs weren’t carved into stark, brutal edges. But there were trips to be had, plans to be made, and the past to filter and flicker through – and along all the familiar pathways, past the Bakery, past Kiada’s house, and into his own was like a walk through a time that had once felt so infinite. Untouchable. Unattainable. Unreachable. Until it was simply gone – and he walked into his own home, empty and vast and barren now, collecting fragments he could still render viable, a note left from familiar writing he couldn’t bear to read at the moment (clutched tightly, shoved into a spare pocket), and anything else of worth, of value, of substance.

Within a few shuddering moments, he knew he couldn’t do it, couldn’t bear it a second longer, and fled the confines, reeling outside, back onto the porch. A slam of the door, and he could return later, later, later, when his eyes didn’t immediately go towards the Harpy’s domicile, when his heart didn’t threaten to burst, when he didn't recall final words from a Shield, when he didn’t search and seek out the primordial span of shadows from the Outskirts.

He sat on the steps and gathered himself, sharp, sharp, sharp inhales that felt like nettles in his lungs, before rising again, and grabbing hold of a few other adornments, objects, that would no longer be his to claim. The Sword had no idea of anyone else’s status as of late; he’d wandered off in the midst of everything else, and shuffling over to the Notice Board offered more pain, more lacerations, and he suddenly wanted nothing more than to be a ghost in the backdrop.

A book under his arm, and a marching ministration to his stride as he lost precious hours and moments wiling away in his own misery, he came towards a familiar domicile, uncertain if the occupant would even be there. Uncertain about everything nowadays. But he raised his fist and prospered a heavy knock, permitting it to ricochet over the wooden structure, resounding like echoes, like hollowed bits of hell, like cast-iron reminders of everything he was leaving behind.
Yeah but for the fall—oh, my—
Do you dare to look them right in the eyes?
DEIMOS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
The inhabitant of the domicile was indeed inside. As the knock sounded at the door, Amun glanced up from the corner where he had been crouched. Speeding towards the door, he skidded to a halt. Opening it, he grinned at Deimos. "Big guy!" the potter cheered.

He reached out for the other man's hands. The Ascended's clothes were streaked with paint, and the walls were positively splattered with it. Clay marked the walls as well, and the cot in the corner was a mess of knots and color. There were multiple holes in the floor that Zhanshi had chewed. The little landshark swam in circles in behind Amun, surfacing every now and then to eye the Sword.

"Have you come for my wares?" Amun gestured at the shelves of shattered pots, plates, bowls, and assorted other items. "Or for my visor? Vise? Vice?" Frowning, he shook his head.
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Amun was normally a comfortable familiarity; jocular manifestations, naught serious, nothing gnarled, nothing knotted. “Amun,” he rumbled, the name low in his chest, the expanse of a sigh caught and churned away, avoiding the hand grasping with a quick movement. His eyes narrowed at the landshark, remembering, recalling, how the Ascended had acquired the companion, and suddenly glad he’d left Zuriel within Halo, waiting for him to return.

But then his gaze noted the other semblances of the space – not like when he’d left it ages before – shambles and holes, streaks of paint, clay coating walls. Perhaps Amun had simply been busy with his creations and art, or there was something else, crawling down the length of his spine. A tilt to his head, and he watched the other man, not with suspicion, but scrutiny. “Are you all right?” Were any of them, really?

Then the subject matter of why he was there, and his hands grasped hold of the tome in his hands tighter. “No, not for your wares.” The lightest of smiles might have melded into his mouth, trying to parse through the variety of munitions and emotions tugging, clenching. “I came to ask if you would be interested in taking over the Artisan’s Guild.”
DEIMOS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun

Amun beamed at Deimos. "Big guy! the potter repeated. Grinning, his gaze slipped to the other man's neck. "Did you bring me something to drink?" The Ascended licked his lips, before his tongue twined around his fangs.

Frowning now, he looked around at his studio. "Nooooo. I'm hot and cold and thirsty." He made a mewling sound and his shoulder slumped.

However, his posture shot up straight at Deimos' offer. "Yes! Yes, yes, yes." Amun clapped his hands together.

Then he went completely still as only an Ascended could. Eyes narrowing, he met the other man's gaze. "Waitttt. Why don't you want it anymore? What's wrong with it?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
It only took a moment to register Amun’s meaning behind the drink contortion – a glance towards the monolith’s nape seemed to seal the consideration. Thereafter, a very distinct aura and presence of danger pervaded along the Sword’s existence – a warning, of how quickly, how swiftly, he could alter and change into something treacherous and lethal towards the Ascended. Deimos doubted it would take much at all; with sickness clinging, with the way the world had shifted and brutalized. He’d been brutal once too. He could do it again (vehemence and violence; inborn and inherent and primordial, stuck in between the columns of bones and twist and turn of veins). “No. I did not.”

The symptoms remained for those under the ferocity of the Voice, and he sighed, recalling the meeting in Halo. “I take it you tried the water?” An abysmal failure? Nothing changed? Did he care what happened to the Ascended now – after Rexanna? Perhaps for a few, and they likely didn’t deserve these bizarre circumstances either – seemingly everyone afflicted, punctured, and bruised in some way.

But the offer was taken, and he made to place the book down upon a table not occupied by other elements, when the inquiry flared. The man stilled, struggling with the right context and words, with the reasons behind the maneuver. In the end, his eyes were only on the tome, as if reading over the title, when he truly couldn’t reconcile the phrasing. “Nothing is wrong with it. I am leaving the Hollowed Grounds.” A pause, hoping that would be enough to satisfy Amun. “I did not want the guild to go to waste.”
DEIMOS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Pouting, Amun hugged his arms to his chest. "But I need it. And I bet big guy tastes good." However, he made no move to head towards Deimos. Indeed, the potter seemed almost rooted to the spot. Zhanshi gripped the Ascended's pants' leg, ready to tug Amun if the potter did something stupid.

Nodding, he sighed. "Amalia made it rain and then we got all sparky. Bzzzz." Lifting one hand he snapped his finger a few times.

Eying the book, he looked up at the Sword. And up, and up, and up, until the Ascended was staring at the ceiling. "Big guy is leaving? But why? It's so bright here." Frowning, he swayed back and forth a little, still staring directly upwards.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
He ignored the quip about tasting good entirely, figuring it aligned with the sickness, or he’d received the silent, unsaid warning, the stance in his abilities, powers, and condemnation standing on its own merit. The note about Amalia didn’t cause a flinch, remaining reticent and stoic, striving to be above the weight of the anguish clawing at his insides. He wasn’t surprised that she’d tried to help – that was what she’d always done.

Before some overbearing sigh could run through him, his eyes pierced and glanced once more at Amun, pondering how to best answer the inquiry, as his gaze dropped to the book again. It didn’t hold any particular responses, and wouldn’t justify the means. Maybe this world was still bright for the potter, for so many others in its abyss, but its shadow had been long cast over his presence – and if he didn’t find his way out of the darkness quickly, he might permit it to consume him. “I have nothing left here.”
DEIMOS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Amun stared at Deimos. "You don't talk much." Then the potter grinned. "That's okay big guy. I have other voices now.' He cocked his head to one side as if listening to one of them, and perhaps he was as the madness gripped him.

Reaching out, he attempted to pat the Sword on his shoulder. The Ascended had to stand on his tiptoes to do it, which caused him to wobble and stumble backwards. "You have me. And the Guild. Don't worry, I'll take care of it until you're ready to come back." Beaming at Deimos, Amun nodded. Zhanshi lost interest in the conversation and ducked into one of the tunnels, disappearing into the earth.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
The monolith did permit a single laugh to erupt from his chest, loud and booming, allowed to fill the broken, whittled domicile at the summation of his discourse and speech, a smile managing to etch its way into the corners of his mouth. It faded abruptly at the note of other voices, because the Ascended was still ill, and Deimos knew all too well about vocals, about ghosts, drowning out the rest of the world. The affliction sinking and slinking down his spine, tracing over filaments and wraiths, particles he’d seen years and years and years before, either coming to haunt, taunt, or uplift. Somehow the Sword doubted it’d been the latter for Amun. “What do they say?” In efforts to appease, to extend the bare bones of comradery in this hell-spun world and void.

The Ascended’s motions towards his shoulder, and subsequent backlash of the maneuver, left him with an arched brow and a tilted head; but he seemed righted quickly enough. The words thereafter stung, for Deimos wasn’t certain if he would return. He had never been someone to leave things behind. He stayed. He rooted and planted himself into the ground. He threatened to tear apart realms, kingdoms, and sovereigns that wanted to do the same to his own. He stubbornly persisted, persevered, and endured.

But then, everything had crumbled, had died, had whittled, had withered, had left. If he stayed here, wouldn’t his figure do the same? Had he finally learned when it was time, when it was okay, to move forward, instead of remaining still, stagnant, and static?

“Thank you. You are doing me a great favor.” Another grin, hard-edged, as if it didn’t know where to go, before he gestured to the thickened tome laden on the table. “This is a book of blueprints to leave at the guild. If you place an item on the book, it can automatically add the design and schematic to the pages.” Helpful, useful, for those who tinkered, utilized, and created.
DEIMOS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Amun laughed along with Deimos. Grinning, the potter shrugged at the Sword's question. "They say to follow them. To go where the light and fire is." The Ascended sighed.

Bobbing his head up and down, he punched the other man in the arm. Or at least, Amun tried: his aim was a little off and it went sailing past Deimos. The potter wasn't bothered by this in the slightest. "Any time, big guy."

His eyes got wide and he took the book in both hands. "Oooooo. Very fancy." Hugging it to his chest, he smiled. "I'll take good care of it for you." He patted the cover and then began to stroke it.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
To go where the light and fire was – an anomaly in the sickness. “Best try to stay away, regardless.” Advice likely none of the afflicted had taken – himself included, drawn into the flames like moths. Perhaps the sickness had been hellbent on destroying them from the inside out, and some modicums of fortunes had prevailed at the notion of the water. Just not for the Ascended; and here his brows furrowed once more.

Only to arch a moment later when his arm was missed entirely – the potter’s hand swinging into the air. “Let me know if you need anything else.” Likely by letter, if anyone would be able to make sense of it, bending and mending between interims, sicknesses, and a potential semblance of other casualties and despondencies heading their way. The Sword wasn’t much of an optimist.

Book relinquished, there wasn’t much else to do. The guild would be Amun’s, to utilize as best he could, would, under the variety of circumstances. Perhaps it would grow further roots and the Artisans would flourish, given new command, leadership, and tactics. “Thank you.” Then he made for the door, with nothing else to do, to wield, to renounce. Everything else had faded, and he couldn’t look over the dust any longer. “Take care, Amun.” A small smile, and then he nodded his head, grateful for the opportunity the potter had granted, and then strode back out into the world.

{FIN}
DEIMOS