The End of a Life
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
So it was his ship, after all. Aurelia found it impressive; it inspired a sense of... adventure, awe. True adventure was something she had never been able to explore at home. It was always one thing after another. This opportunity might allow her a true taste of freedom, even if the circumstances were utterly terrible.

If Jack offered her a place to sleep and food to eat in exchange for working as apart of his crew, she would be a fool to refuse it. Work would forgo her eventual return home but, until she could find out more, it would do. It would keep her fed and... somewhat safe, at least. She knew nothing of the culture there in Torchline, or wherever the city was located, so she was fortunate to make a fast friend out of Jack - if he could even be called that.

"Alright," she sighed, extending her hand out to shake his, "you have yourself a deal. I've never been on a ship before but, I learn fast. Just remember, this is only until I figure out how to get home... And uh..." she cleared her throat awkwardly, "thank you."
Aurelia
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
Jack doesn't keep many friends, if any at all - he isn't so foolish as to lend out his trust in an intimate sense. He does have a crew, though, and when you're at sea, you've got to at least be ably to rely on the rest of the ship to get themselves in order, else you're all drowning. Reaching out, he clasps her hand; his is rough, calloused, used to work. Not all of it honest. "Learnin' fast is about the only choice you're gonna have. Lucky for you, there's plenty to be gettin' on with even before we sail. Now find a bunk and get your head down a bit."

Or don't - Jack doesn't much care. But with LongHeat winding down, the Ark really ought to be waking up. So he straightens up from the barrel and lets her go again, tossing her a lazy salute. "If you want a tour of the ship, find me at sun up. Ain't all that much to see right now. Oh, an' Aurelia?" He grins over his shoulder. "Don't fuck this up."

~FIN