Drop something radiates

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
noone notices the contrast of white on white
As this thread occurs in your dreams and doesn't 'take place' anywhere, it is being put in the IC Communications so that we don't confuse our exploration records.

This is a dream just for you. But then most dreams are like that, aren't they? So there is nothing strange or surprising about the way the landscape of your slumber shifts, blanketed suddenly by white fog.

It's loud, this fog, but only visually. The stark whiteness screams at your eyes as it rolls in like a thundercloud or a herd of buffalo. You know that there is something you want within this fog. How can you know this? Well, the same way you know anything in a dream presumably. Because your mind supplies you with the knowledge.

And so you go, stepping out like a ghost into a world that is blanketed in white, hiding an ocean within which is a pearl.

A pearl you must find.

This is a magic/item/upgrade/shift drop! However because this is happening while you sleep you are NOT aware of anyone else's presence here. Rounds will move quickly and will only require short answers. You have 24 hours to reply.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
His eyes open and his mind is.... everywhere.

The dreams he has normally aren't this clear, far from it. On occasions he will maybe be able to move around like normal and control his body, but othertimes he's on a ride. His body doing what it wants and him simply agreeing with the actions. It's hard to explain and Oliver never really bothers to mention his dreams to others, but maybe this one will be worth talking about.

The fog calls to him and Oliver stares into it his eyes widening and head slowly tilting to the side.

His mind takes control and he shifts down into his leopard form. Crouching down, Oliver gives a mighty butt wiggle before pouncing into the fog. Paws make contact with water but he doesn't bother. Instead he slowly begins the search, pawing and searching for what the water holds within. What beckons to him and calls his name. And even if it's a dream, he still finds himself sticking his head above the surface ever so often to get that fresh breath of air.

One thing that Oliver focuses on is rocks. His paws dig and uncover rocks, eagerly hoping that a pearl is hiding underneath.

Oliver uses his leopard shift! He also looks for the pearl underneath rocks in particular.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
one lil short quote goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Gideon
Imposing penance one by one
You've got a virtue in a vice
Gideon did not like to put too much stock in dreams; he believed the Gods, if they had messages to send, sent them through more definite means with more clear messages. With his dreams generally being quite bland and unremarkable, he didn't have to challenge this view much, usually waking up without a thought to what his mind had provided throughout the night.

When he woke up from this one, he'd be surprised. Heavy fog and somewhere beneath it a large, dark sea; somehow he knew there was a pearl within. Gideon had never cared too much for treasure before, but he found his desire ran high for this particular object. Stepping into the water, hesitantly at first, he was soon swimming, no care at all for whatever he was wearing (which seemed to shift, sometimes nothing at all); when he had gotten to a decent depth within the water he dove, trying to keep his eyes open.

--
Gideon swims out into the ocean then dives, trying to see if he can see anything underwater.
With all the history to guide
You've got a passion in those eyes
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Oh, empty my heart
This was exactly what Seren enjoyed about the mortal world. Constant surprises. Not even her dreams were entirely her own here, and it was just the way she wanted it.

The excitement she had felt during the day carried over to the realm of sleep, and when the scenery changed, she stepped forth with a sense of anticipation. Into the fog, hunting for ocean pearls - now wasn't this just made for young thrillseekers just as herself? All she needed to make this treasure hunt complete was a friendly dragon, some mermaids and a handful of pirates.

She was ready for them.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
As dreams went, this one was more positive than most. The fog rolled over Loren and he gritted his teeth against the intensity of it. Shading his eyes, he tried to push through it to get to what waited for him on the other side.

Which was apparently more white with an ocean underneath it all. He instinctively treaded water, spinning in a small circle to see if he could spot the pearl. Then he took a deep breath and dove.

Using his water magic, he tried to propel himself down to the bottom to see if the pearl was hidden on the ocean floor.

Loren uses his water magic to try and reach the bottom of the ocean.
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless night time sky?
Dreams are something that have become foreign to Nate, much like sleep. He still goes through the motions, wraps himself around his husband, closes his eyes, to no avail. At least, it’s usually to no avail. This time is different.

He opens his eyes and finds not the back rooms of the Slagveld, but wide, endless white, an expanse that stretches in every direction. It’s bright, so bright, the ascendeds hand lifting to cover his eye, lest it too be lost. As one sense closes off, another grows stronger, a call, somewhere in his chest, tugging him forward, into the blinding fog.

The ocean, or whatever it is, surprises Nate, his steps stumbling, though his hand stays stubbornly presses to his face. Fear and revulsion rise up in equal amounts, but they can be contained, can be bitten back, as long as he doesn’t see what he’s wading into, as long as he still follows the insistent call of something, mind supplying images that could be a pearl, or could be teeth. Whichever it is, his other hand splashes, reaching for the floor to search for shells, meaning to rip his prize from its caretaker.

Nate walks blindly into the fog/ocean, searching for the pearl
NATE
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
Amalia dreams of mist.

A wall of fog, white and seemingly endless, stretches before her with unexpected mass. The girl-who-is-a-leopard blinks at the embankment through silted eyes, smelling salt on the still breeze, wondering what it means. There is something she wants, something she needs hidden behind the ivory curtain, calling to her with the persuasive ease that dream motivations usually have.

And so Amalia steps forward, now not leopard so much as qilin and neither so much as herself, her hoof-paw-toes landing on the water as her embody is engulfed in mist. Looking out upon the fog, the girl tilts her head. Show me, she whisper-demands-sings, exhaling a long stream of air with the intent to blow the clouds away, to carve a path for her feet to follow. Clear.

Amalia attempts to command/blow the fog away

During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops.
you're breaking your own heart
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
if I ever start to think straight
In Amun's fevered mind, the fog that pressed against him melded with the fog that came with entering the portals. So it was no surprise when he was dumped somewhere new. Laughing, he felt the water closing around him. Making no attempt to stop it, his laughter cut off as he slipped under the surfacce.

Tucking himself into a ball, he sank down and down and down. As he did, he started to swim in sort of random circles. Then he paused his movements, a grin lighting up his face. Beginning to sink again, he focused his mind as best he could and tried to will himself to the location of the pearl.

Amun starts to sink under the ocean and tries to will himself to where the pearl is.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MILO
now they're standing in the door
singin' "that's my shit, that's my shit"
He dreams a lot, really. But this time it feels different, more encompassing as one dream shifts away to the next, a blanket of white fog that blots out anything he thinks he might have seen. He closes his eyes, uncertainty laced within him at the fact that if he opens his eyes again the landscape may have changed. The only thing that changes when he does is the incessant tug on him.

Perhaps he needs to get to the end of it, arms flailing a bit in the thick fog, legs taking him forward and forward again, a hand rising to summon a bird to help him scout, waiting and watching for what might be what draws him to it. The bird dives, spiraling through the fog, eyes bright and watchful, a scout for the smuggler.

Milo uses his summoning magic to summon a bird to help scout for the pearl!
that's what everybody wants an' some more
singing "you may be the death of me"
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
FINN
the spyglass
I’ll take the long way ‘round
Finn isn’t sure, even now, what’s a dream and what’s not. And so he simply goes where his feet take him, the Spyglass wandering the landscape of this strange and foggy place. It’s a wall of nothing, his feet only realising what might be lurking underneath when he notices they are... wet. He freezes, his breath catching in his throat. And he doesn’t move from there.

One wrong step and no matter how much he might want the thing beneath the waves (convenient, that he realises that there’s something he wants down there), he’ll be unable to get it. Because putting Finn underwater is as horrific a nightmare as it gets. His subconscious is working overtime on this one.

Finn stands on the water (woo, dream), too afraid to do anything else.
I’ll find my own way down
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
She walks with Loki in the fog, entranced as it seems to part in her wake. The witness is stark against the half-grown dragon and even her Ascended sight cannot parse it. There is something, though. Something. It calls to her with a siren’s song, and the pull she feels is mirrored to her companion.

“Do you feel that, Loki?” She asks quietly, for her voice seems to echo even under the thundering silence of the fog. Her toes touch water and she pauses, considering its implications. In this place there are no shadows, so they cannot work for her, no magic to use, nothing other than her speed and sick-wit. And Loki cannot swim or dive, so it is, as it usually is, up to the Wraith and the Wraith alone.

Walking into the ocean, Wessex picks up rocks along the way, adding them to her clothing so that she sinks and is able to search along the ocean’s floor.

----------------

Wessex walks into the ocean and puts rocks in her clothes to help her sink to the bottom

WESSEX
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Change author:
I see we're both crazy
In his dreams, he is whole. Unless they’re nightmares, in which his limp is usually amplified and even worse than usual.

The fog-ocean combo is new, though. New dreams are always fascinating, not only for analyzing what the mind can come up, but for how people react to a new kind of dream. Falke usually dreams about forgetting something on the operating table, being unable to speak, flying, or the mundane with fantastical elements. Being lost and needing to do something is new.

So, in he goes. Trusting in the abilities of his dream-self, because sometimes he can manipulate them, Falke spreads his hands and tries to part the water, hoping to reveal a dry sea bed beneath.

---------------

Falke tries to lucid dream and part the water to reveal the sea bed.
that's alright with me
come with me and let yourself go
FALKE
Anden Huff
Huntsman

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Mro..ddy Offline
Change author:
Anden

The Sun and the Moon
In an endless game of hide and seek
Something about this felt... wrong.

Deep inside Anden he could feel his heart guiding him forward. Further into the clouding fog. Deeper into a world unknown. Whether this was all a dream or the real world, he wasn't sure. The fog smelt the same that it did back home in the forest. It danced around him much like it did before but the sound of water confirmed the concern that circled his mind - this wasn't the forest behind the inn.

With each step Anden took forward he felt like the fog was changing. Or maybe he was the one changing. His mind mirrored the world around him - cloudy and unclear. Thoughts of Eloise and her entrancing giggle were replaced by that a small pearl. Wherever the stone was, he knew he had to have it. Mindlessly he walked forward, in no real direction following the call.

Just one more step. He thought to himself. It couldn't be much further. Then once he found it he could return home to continue his search for Eloise.

Just one more step.
-----------
The Sun and the Moon
In an endless game of hide and seek
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Change author:
MP: 59
raza
No, I don’t like this.

No, it feels like the night the Sea Panther came. I reach for my horn, ‘cept - ‘cept - it ain’t there. A sense of dread, a muted panic washes over me as I furiously search m’self for my weapon. But no matter how hard I try, it ain’t there. What I do find is my Cloud Manta choker, pullin’ it outta a pocket like a seam comin’ outta my shirt. It is a way in, I think, starin’ at it like an idiot.

But my hands know what t’do, even if my mind don’t. Strappin’ it around my neck, I wade into the water up to m’waist an’ then dive in, the water warm as any Longheat ocean could do. I can’t see much though, so I just try to keep my hands on the floor’a the ocean as I swim around, huntin’ for somethin’. A shiny bit’a somethin’.

------------

Raza uses her Cloud Manta choker to swim in the Ocean.