wrong way home
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Smother me with pillows and kindness, in which I have never seen
Please slit my perfect throat with the knife that I gave you
Somehow, Sam had broken free of containment again. Delirious as he was, he was apparently cunning, when he had the bravery to be so. Of course, as soon as he'd gotten out of the house, he hadn't known where it was he was trying to go. Remembering he liked to take walks on the shore, he'd begun to stumble down towards the coast, only the vaguest idea of what he was doing residing in the back of his mind among foggy sickness.

He was so, so thirsty. The thirst usually wasn't that bad until it was time to drink and even then it was manageable, only a problem if he truly gave into it. Not like this, a desire that overrode everything else, a need to drink no matter what; even the memory of Remi's neck torn from his teeth wasn't enough to dissuade his urges. Somehow, fortunately, he didn't pass anyone in the streets and was on the beach seemingly alone, considering making some poor fish his victim. It wouldn't be enough, but it might stay the need for a while.

Falling to his knees by the Miana Pool, rocking back and forth as he held himself and looked out to the waves, Sam shifted swiftly between clarity and madness as the seconds went by, too quickly to decide what to do. If he went back into Haulani, he would surely wound someone, and not everyone was as strong as Remi; was this to be his fate now? Doomed to hide in the dark, so he didn't rip the throats of those he cared for?
When I told you "I love you" in my home
Just stab me in the back
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
james
smoking kills

James is tragically naked, save for the sunglasses skewed over his eyes and the shoes on his feet. If you ask he'll tell you he doesn't want tanlines, but of course, that's an easy lie to spot given the clear lines he'll develop from the two things he is wearing. The real truth is probably that he either 1. was too drunk to remember to put on clothes, 2. doesn't care 3. is worried about tanlines but is just being a dumbass about it, or 4. something to do with a big burly man, a knife, and an armadillo.

So anyways, there's James, sprawled on a rock.

"Do I know you?" He wonders sleepily, rolling onto his side and cuddling a bottle of whiskey. "Yeah I do, don't I? Yer that ascended guy who nearly got killed at that meetin' a few days ago." James follows up, the irish lilt of his accent making all of this sound wildly upbeat. "Shitty deal, that. Drink?" Holding out the bottle knowing full well the ascended couldn't partake, the thief still waggles it enticingly between his fingers because he's a godsdamn gentleman, that's why.

but so does love.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The sound of an unexpected voice immediately made Sam snap up, look about himself terrified as if expecting to see a monster gently asking if it knew him. No such thing, but after a moment of focus he realises theres a man on the rock before him; someone he'd vaguely seen before in crowds or events at Torchline, something to do with the Docks. He was naked, which made the encounter more confusing than anything; was he a halluncination?

Regardless, just in case, Sam shook his head and pushed away the bottle. "No, no...I...you need to get away from me." Already the scent of Jame's blood was in the air, tempting him and making the animal, less-guarded side of himself want to leap out and attack. "I'm...I can't stop thinking about blood and drinking it and -- what I did to Remi, I'm going to bite you if you stay--"

Clearly distressed, tears in his eyes, he tried to desperately will James to leave, staring at him with wide eyes to try and communicate how dire a situation it was.
Just stab me in the back
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
james
smoking kills

The thief, looking entirely unworried by Sam's concern, just shrugs and lifts the bottle to his own lips. "Naw mate, this rock is the perfect temperature." He adds, almost apologetically, as if he really can't help but stay.

"What, the Governor-fella? He was fine though." Lifting the sunglasses off of his eyes and perching them on his forehead, he lazily rolls his head to the side, casually watching Sam's breakdown. "Ain't the first time I've been bit, and wouldn't be the last. If you're thirsty, that is. I don't mind, although..." Without a hint of shyness, James waggles the fingers of the hand not holding the bottle. "Can't promise I won't get a bit handsy."

but so does love.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
The information about the rock was met with a blank stare, Sam not in the right headspace to make the connection to James wanting to stay. It sufficiently confused him enough to keep him looking up when the man continued to speak, made the offer of letting Sam drink.

His heart rose at the same time as his stomach sank. On the one hand, offered drinking was different. No one could blame him for it, he'd be satisfied, and James knew what was to come. On the other...Sam could feel something different inside his mind. Something wild, angry and predatory, that wanted more than just what James would willingly give; he couldn't tell if it was a paranoid delusion or a real concern.

"Um...I..." Looking at James, the scent of his blood (alcohol-infused as it was) too tempting to resist, especially when he was offering himself up, Sam nodded and shuffled forwards. "Alright, but...but you need to tell me when you've had enough, okay?" Too eagerly he leaned in close to James' neck, not even thinking to take it from his wrist: he needed more than that could give, faster.
Just stab me in the back
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"Yeah, 'course. Oh—" Suddenly Sam was quite close, not that the thief minded much. Sam was attractive in a...wet and lost puppy sort of way. Y'sorta had to love it even though you know it likely has fleas and would pee on all of your shit during the night. Besides that, as a prostitue James was used to being taken in all sorts of ways at all sorts of speeds. That Sam was a bit forward and needy just sort of went with the way his morning had been doing, and honestly? He didn't think twice about it.

"Come on then. There's two of us gonna get somethin' outta this." The thief chuckles, one hand already reaching down to grab at his rather flaccid penis. He knows how this goes and James is planning on this being just as good for him as it will be for Sam.

but so does love.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
As Sam got close enough to really smell James' blood, he was barely able to hear what he was saying over the rushing in his ears, the excitement welling up in his chest; it wasn't human, not entirely, and it terrified him, but the fear was less than the desire. He surged forwards, grasping one hand on James' shoulder and the other on his waist as he plunged his teeth into the man's neck, none of his usual gentle care going into the bite.

Immediately he began to drink heavy, groaning not from sexual pleasure but from the sheer relief of thirst; the sensations that usually were associated with a bite were nothing compared to satiating his need to drink. His fingers clutched hard into James' sleeve and jacket, his throat moving visibly as he sucked as much as he could from the veins in the quickest amount of time; had he still had a gag reflex he likely would have vomited from the amount of blood in his mouth.

As it was he drank, and drank, and drank.
Just stab me in the back
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

It was rough, the way Sam's teeth snarled into his neck, but any upset on the thief's part was quickly extinguished by the feeling of pure F U C K racing through his system. Tilting his head back against the rock with a happy groan of pleasure, the hand holding the bottle drops it if only to fumble weakly at the buttons on Sam's shirt. It's a half-hearted gesture at best, James' hand already working on a rapidly-hardening erection.

Dizzy with delight, his hand moving furiously up and down his cock as his toes curl, it's only the fading sensation in his fingers that give the thief any warning that perhaps the ginger is going a bit fast. "o...y..." He moans, hardly able to form the words with how sluggish his lips have become. The orgasm which had been just within his grasp (pardon the pun), now seemed unfairly far away. As blood rushed into his core that it might keep his body running, the sensation of pleasure masked the signs that heralded the beginning of the end.

but so does love.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
There was a distant part of Sam that was happy to hear James groan, happy to know that he wasn't the only one enjoying this, but truthfully the majority of him didn't care. All that mattered was the blood going into his mouth and throat, dripping around his lips and staining his skin; he'd never had so much at once, and it was intoxicating. His fingers beginning to grip so hard now his nails would absolutely be drawing blood, he was determined to take as much as he could get.

Was this how the Voice had always intended them to be? It certainly felt right.

James said something, but it wasn't a clear stop, which might have been the only thing enough to make Sam actually give up the bite. He continued to drink, not paying any attention at all to the movements of his victim or how they were changing.
Just stab me in the back
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

Blood gurgles in the thief's mouth, his veins bursting in his neck as an unhuman amount of pressure is placed upon them. The world swims and dances and fuck it if his feet aren't suddenly really cold. Though James still has one hand around his cock, he can't be sure if his wrist is moving anymore. His brain is telling it to of course, he just..can't really feel it. It's a bit like when you go to fast and want it too much and almost...overshoot an orgasm, only...when you do that, at least you do actually cum. This just feels like the whole ordeal has been cancelled.

Why was that though?

"...s..." The thief tries, face incredibly pale. The hand pawing at the ascended falls away entirely as the body of the attuned teeters on the rock, held there now only by gravity. The thief's muscles have entirely given up, his heart an erratic but tired thing. James had never really taken care of his body, and now his body couldn't really take care of him.

Slowly and perhaps much more satisfyingly an end for Sam than it would have been for James, the rush of blood will teeter out gradually, letting Sam get his final fill.

So it goes that the thief, teller of lies and fucker of a great many things, dies naked upon some rocks, drained dry before he can cum one last time.

but so does love.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Maybe there was some kind of bursting sensation within the neck as his veins went, but Sam didn't quite register it as what it was. He knew that usually, he couldn't drink for anywhere near this long so hard, but the part of his mind that was concerned assured him that James probably just had a lot more blood than the average person. It did eventually begin to come slower, though, less and less appearing through the veins (and the animal within him whined at the end of the food source), so Sam leaned back.

It took a few seconds and blinks for him to shift from the blissed out state of sated thirst to the shock of seeing James before him, quite clearly dead. Sam stared, his hands slowly coming back to his own sides as he watched, as if expecting something to happen.

Perhaps he should have had the foresight to push the body off into the sea, but all Sam did was stand up, unsteady but silently, and begin to walk away, unable to even scream with the scene feeling as unreal as it did.

{FIN}
Just stab me in the back