in and out
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
all the things we said when we were younger
"I don't even question it anymore." Remi remarks of what it is that they've come here to do. An archway that needs to be filled with lilies in order to produce a cure? Sure. Why not. "Do you think anything will happen though?" Glancing down at the turqoise-veined flower, the alchemist raises his eyes to the man at his side with a curious expression.

The room might collapse on them, or precisely nothing at all might happen. He was prepared for either.

Remi had left his thick jacket at the entrance of the cave. Having gone from Halo to the Climb was a shock to the senses to be sure, and he very much doubted someone would steal his clothes. But if they did Remi could easily make do. He could be his own fur coat when he wanted.

did it bend or did I break?

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

please just don't forget me

As a luxere, Ronin is apparently built for Deepfrost and Halo, so he’s equally as unbothered by the unlikely event that someone will steal his jacket. So he leaves it with Remi’s and follows the alchemist into the place they call the Mountain’s Roar. He has no idea where this archway is supposed to be, but he’s happy to spend more time pretty much anywhere with his husband, and he’s grinning as he steps up beside him.

”It said ten lilies, so unless there are nine already behind this thing, I doubt it,” he says, slipping an arm around Remi and listening out for the distant echo of the waterfall. ”Either way, once we’ve put ours in the archway, we’ve done our part. Right?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
"Oh, you never know. Perhaps Loren has managed to grow some. He was a farmer, if you recall." This is said with a bit of an eye roll. While once Remi had been utterly entranced by the story of how the Launceleyns went into hiding, now knowing them better, he can't help but wish they'd simply stayed that way.

"Oh I don't know. I'm sure there's more heroing to be done, if you haven't had your fill." The alchemist chirps back. "We could always have another look around the hotsprings, if you really want to be thorough.." He adds in a suggestive tone, his hand straying down towards Ronin's ass for a moment before slipping around his waist.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

”He was a lot of things,” Ronin agrees, the words murmurs into Remi’s curls as he turns his head to nuzzle against his temple. ”None of them are to do with us now, though.” Wrinkling his nose at the prospect of any more heroing, Ronin wrinkles his nose. ”You’re giving up leadership and we’ve already done so much,” he says. ”I think we deserve a break, if I do say so myself.”

They head forward, towards the roar of the waterfall, but Ronin still notices the fingers that try to stray towards his ass. ”Keep your hands to yourself, vagabond,” he scolds, grinning to Remi. ”Though y’know, we could always go back to the springs... If nothing else, it’ll make sure you stay healthy until this is all resolved.”

He falls silent, then, because anything he wants to say will be drowned out by the waterfall anyway. It’s magnificent, truly, and the Star is caught for a moment in the sight and sound of it.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Careful with what you say. Anytime we try and take a breatk the world seems to fall apart. Best we just...sneak off." Into the night, into the dawn, into a storm; Remi would go anywhere with Ronin at his side. "We could build a house at the top of those cliffs we found in the jungle. Be wisemen that people venture from all corners of the world to come and see." Waggling his brows at the absurdity of this, Remi clears his throat to better deepen his voice. "All is not as it appears. Follow the leaf of your destiny to the cliff of your future." Grinning, he looks to Ronin for approval. "That's the sort of thing you'd hear, isn't it?"

Leaning over to nibble just below the Star's ear, Remi shakes his head. "I'll do no such thing." He remarks, of keeping his hands to himself. "Well, if it's for my health, how can I say no?" It was a good idea in all honesty. That way he wouldn't have to drain Torchline's water supply. And if they were already so close?

Falling to a halt as the waterfall screams into view, Remi smiles into the crisp humidity in the air, taking a deep breath. Well, I can understand where it got its name, now. He hums through the attuned bond, knowing like Ronin that there was no point in trying to yell over the falls.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

”Sneak off? We’ve never done that before, it’s true. Maybe it’ll bode well for us,” Ronin murmurs, grinning at the feel of his husband’s teeth against his skin, his own fingers starting to stray down Remi’s lower back, teasing around his belt. ”We aren’t nearly wise enough to be those sorts of men,” he protests though a laugh, nudging the Lullaby as if to remind him how immature they both were. ”Besides, those cliffs were nowhere near a bar or any other kind of civilisation. Mostly a bar.”

And how is he supposed to take Remi on a fancy date without that? But the waterfall is before them now, dwarfing them, and he nods his agreement. Mm, it’s got quite the roar, hasn’t it? He nods. Come on, then. Hop in the water and let’s get this over with. I imagine it’s freezing, even though this is the Climb.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"I'll have you know making alcohol is how I made a living back in Northaven." Remi protests. "I might not be able to do with my fingers anymore...or well, I can't simply pour wine from them, but we don't need a bar to keep us well-stocked in liquor." As to the fact they aren't wise? Well. There's no point in even trying to disagree.

In the water? I thought...you think the archway is down there? Remi wonders, looking down into the pool that the waterfall is gushing in. Unhappy at the thought of the water being cold (Ronin was right though, especially if this water was from Halo), Remi strips out of his clothes and gives his husband an unhappy stare. Stepping off backward into the pool, Remi's heart rate skyrockets as, predictably, the water is freezing.

we are...never living anywhere this cold. He hisses as he surfaces, blinking away the water from his eyes and reaching for the lily so he can try and find the stupid archway.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

Sure, the booze won’t be a problem. But what about the atmosphere, Remi? Ronin huffs a mental sigh, but they can discuss this more once they’re relaxing in the hotsprings rather than dipping into the - clearly incredibly brisk - waterfall pool. After seeing Remi’s reaction, Ronin naturally thinks before following, and it will be his projection who dips into the water with his husband with a shit-eating grin.

We were told the archway was behind the waterfall, he reminds him. So it makes sense to swim behind the waterfall. He’s already swimming across the pool to where the water rushes and crashes into it and, given that he’s not really there, it takes little effort for the Star to swim beneath, emerging in the echoing space behind the Mountain’s Roar.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Oh, I'll give you plenty of atmosphere. The Lullaby whispers back, though given his grin that might mean anything from romantic overtures to creating unbearably noxious smells.

Gods I hate you. The alchemist grumbles, slashing water at Ronin's projection but sticking his tongue out at the man standing beside the pool. He has half a mind to drag Ronin down into the water, but if the huntsman is going to get wet, better it be in the hotsprings than here.

Oh, look who's so clever. And you said we weren't wise enough to be wisemen. Following the projection (and trying his best to beat him under the waterfall but failing), Remi surfaces, breathing in a deep but icy breath of air. Oh. How about that. He muses, clearly seeing the archway. Pulling himself out of the water and fuck if it isn't freezing, Remi wastes little time in placing his lily into one of the obvious spots.

And oh look, nothing happens. Squinting at the words written above, noting only something about a warning, followed by writing nearly worn down.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

Ronin doesn’t know quite how to respond to that, so he stands at the edge of the pool with his arms folded as he waits for himself and his husband to return. His projection has already hauled itself out of the water before the archway, helping Remi if he needs it and waiting expectantly for some magic to happen as their lily makes its home in one of the stone hollows.

How about that, he echoes, snorting and splashing back into the water. He can’t tell whether it’s still freezing or not the second time around, but one thing’s for sure - the real Ronin will be ready any waiting to warm Remi up when he gets out of there.

Come on then. You and I have some relaxing to do, he calls from the edge of the pool as his projection splashes back towards him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
I hated every moment of that. Remi thinks, and had he said it out loud, his teeth would have chattered the entire way through it. With muscles blotchy thanks to his lowered temperature and parts of himself hiding way up within the recesses of his body to keep warm, the alchemist hauls himself out of the water as well, wrapping his arms around himself to try and bring circulation back into his limbs.

It'll be you doing that next time. Remi grumbles, though realizes that...in a way Ronin had just done it, which only makes him grumble all the more. Come on, I'm freezing. So saying the alchemist grabs at his clothes but doesn't bother putting them on. He's still wet, and with the chance he might stay that way, there doesn't seem to be much point.

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

Aw, poor baby, Ronin croons to his husband, his projection flickering out as he reaches out for Remi, snagging hold of him even as he reaches for his clothes. Grinning, he drags the alchemist close and kisses him, as if to say thank you for being so brave and making such important sacrifices for tHe CaUsE. Snagging their coats on the way back into the Burrows, he keeps his arm wound about Remi’s waist.

Mm, next time you can stand by the side of the water and watch my fine ass swim to go and do something heroic, he says, kissing his wet curls and not even bothering to look back over his shoulder at the waterfall. He’s already thinking of steam, of heat on skin and their previous jaunt through the hot springs.

~FIN