a perfect soul
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

”Yes,” she replies unhelpfully, before at least deigning to clarify. ”The secret is that Vanya is still a star, and that Safrin lied about it. You may tell your beau that you are keeping a secret for me in exchange for your son’s place in the world, but no details. Be wary about playing word games with me, sweetling. If I suspect you are trying to give away more than our deal entails, I will take him right back from you.”

For one with the face of an angel, Isla looks remarkably sinister for a moment, before brightening again by degrees. ”I hope it does not come to that, however. It is difficult to have you do my work when you are frolicking in dreamland. So? Are we in agreement?”

LUDO
she's still here if you believe it hard enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
"Not trying for wordplay. Only trying to make sure I understand that I don't unintentionally lose our game." The alchemist replies. Cleverer minds than his would no doubt have better questions to ask, but with Mateo stretching in his arms, Remi's heart is thundering far too loudly in his ears for clarity to be within his reach.

That Isla might look so callous is almost a relief, for never in life had the alchemist ever seen her appear so. Others might have, but never him. Not even on their darkest days together. "We are." Remi agrees before his mind has a moment to think twice, before the heartbeat ring on his finger can spell out in pulses the mistake he might be making.

"Is there anything more you'd have me do now? Other than what I have been?" Ludo's calls hadn't slowed in the past weeks despite his sickness, and Remi found the moments he was called to wakefulness full of voices in his head screaming names at him. At least with the healing water he'd been able to resume his duties.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

”Good,” Isla replies, strolling across the nursery to pluck up something from the rocking chair. ”There is nothing more I require from you for now, unless you can conjure up more of Rae’s Lilies to place in that archway. I would have you healthy if you are to perform your role.” She settles the porcelain mask over her face, and when she turns, her clothes have darkened to rags.

”Congratulations on your child, sweetling. Treat him well. Teach him to respect the forces at play in this world.” And with that enigma on her tongue, she disappears from the dream entirely.

LUDO
she's still here if you believe it hard enough
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It's a strangled sort of relief that the alchemist feels to see Isla return to Ludo's rags. Much easier to see the herald like this than it is to see the whispers of it behind the medic's blue eyes.

"Whatever this is between you and Safrin...thank you. For him." Remi gestures sweetly to the baby in his arms, looking at the empty space Ludo had occupied as it disappears.

"Oh Mateo...what have I done, hmm?" The Lullaby sings lovingly to the babe, bouncing him ever so slightly in his arms and offering the boy a faint smile. "I suppose this is just the first in a long line of stupid things I'll do for you." Remi adds, his smile crooked and sad and then excited as he thinks of waking up.

"Well, shall we?"

And then they are awake.

They.

"Ronin..?" Sitting up, Mateo nestled against his chest, Remi's heart flutters with the anticipation of questions he can't answer, and lives newly begun.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
even my darkness shines for you
Ronin, of course, had been kicked out of the dream only moments after seeing his son, and he’s just about calmed the panic in his chest as he paces before the bed. His shirt is half on, not yet shrugged onto his shoulders, and he’s at a loss as to what to do. He’s tried shaking Remi awake, tried calling him, tried slipping back into the dream, but it’s barred from him. Something has stopped him from returning, and it’s caused a restlessness in his blood and a thundering in his chest that is echoed in the ring on the alchemist’s finger.

But then Remi calls his name and Ronin is flinching around instantly, relief roaring though their Attuned bond. He’s about to cross to the bed when Mateo grizzles in his husband’s arms and the Star stops dead, looking utterly bemused. ”...Are we still dreaming...?” he asks, his voice suddenly very small, chest growing tight.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
For a moment Remi doesn't have it in him to speak. No, he wants to laugh, but his throat has closed so tightly that he can do little more than beam up at the Star. Tears well in his eyes, and then trickle instantly down his cheeks as he exhales a strangled sound that he tries to keep quiet lest he upset the babe in his arms. Eventually, after many failed attempts, Remi wipes one of his cheeks against his shoulder and holds Mateo out for Ronin to take.

"He's quite real. And we're quite awake." Remi manages, laughing unsteadily. Having to continually take quick sips of air to stop himself from expelling his joy all at once, the alchemist lets the tears that roll down his cheeks continue to do so, not bothering to stop them now.

"Ronin. We have a son."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
For a moment all Ronin can do is stare, absently pulling his shirt on properly to gaze between Remi and Mateo as if he’s gone completely mad. And when Remi finally speaks (and the tears rolling down his face have the Star’s sight going misty too), he confirms the impossible, and it’s... a lot. ”...We do?” He almost whispers the words, carefully moving forward to lift the babe from his partner’s arms, tucking him close and feeling the warmth and weight of him as something finally, undeniably real.

”Gods, he’s here,” he murmurs, reaching out with a featherlight touch to play with one of the boy’s tiny angel curls. ”How...?” he asks, inevitably, before shaking his head. ”He’s here for good? He’ll... grow up, and everything?”
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"We do." Remi confirms, sounding as though he's eaten a mouthful of cotton.

Remi can very nearly feel the touch of Ronin's finger upon the boy's curls, having so often been touched in nearly the same way. It makes his breath lodge in the back of his throat to see his husband so, for never before has the Star had this moment. Aoife's days were darkened by Vanya's death, and Seren was never a child this young. But Mateo? Mateo would be everything his sister's never had the chance to be. He would be young and sweet and loved fiercely by both of his parents, together.

'Ludo.' Remi replies, pulsing a current of reassurance to the Star. "He will. He will grow up, and drive us mad, and go on dates, and.." Overwhelmed by all of this, the Lullaby just laughs and shakes his head. "But for now he will be perfectly splendid ours."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
At one time, to hear that Ludo was the cause of this kind of joy would have kindled suspicion in the Star, but right now? All he can do is nod. ”Okay,” he says, thoroughly entranced by the babe in his arms, the way he kicks out a little leg and tries to curl his fingers around the blanket. ”We... are not prepared for this.” His laughter is a little giddy, and with teary eyes he grins at his husband. Their dreams are a place where anything might happen, but out here...?

”We need to get him clothes... and a crib. And he’ll be hungry soon, and...” His mind is already racing, Ronin’s feet taking him halfway to the door before he remembers himself, grinning back at Remi. ”You should go and show him to Vai,” he decides softly. ”I’ll get everything together from Haulani. You stay.”
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi snorts at that, looking up with dimpled amusement. Of course they're not prepared. Most couples have significant time to get ready for this sort of thing, whereas Remi and Ronin had...well, precisely nothing. The dreamworld the alchemist had built was fully supplied with everything a child could need. But this place? This no-longer Governor's cottage? "Gods, you're right. And Vai..." Remi's lips twist into a joyful shape. "She is going to be over the moon."

Nodding and then softly nuzzling Mateo's forehead, Remi glances across the room as his husband scurries about. "Alright. I'll go find Vai. And Ronin?" The trust and love Remi sends his husband then is perhaps a shade more genuine than even his joy about their son is. "I'll explain later. I promise." To the best of his ability, anyway.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Returning Mateo to Remi’s arms (Ronin had been just about to head out with him, much to his own amusement), the Star makes sure to finish getting dressed, lacing his boots and grinning across to the two of them. Swooping over, he kisses the alchemist’s forehead and tickles a finger across their son’s cheek, before lingering at the door. ”I know you will.” Starlight beams out of him as he takes one last look at them, like he can’t believe they’re real, but then he forces himself to head out.

Remi will have plenty of time to show off Mateo to Vai, and when Ronin returns the sun is listing slowly towards the horizon, Sugar is draped around his shoulders and his nimbus is laden with all things baby-related. Under his arm he carries a beautifully woven bassinet, Ronin having considered a crib before realising they would be... well. Travelling, sooner rather than later.

He nudges his way back into the house, calling out a bright hello as he searches them out.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Vai's trill of instant joy and overwhelming love is a sound that the alchemist will never be able to get out of his mind. Not that he'd ever want to of course. Snatching the baby from his arms like some wild witch, Mateo took to Vai and she to him in an instant, and Remi didn't bother to hide the rumpled smile of adoration that slipped across his face and made his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach. There was much laughter and tears from both parties (and then also some tears on Mateo's part as he wondered about food). Vai quickly remedied this, whirling about the kitchen with ease as if her days of raising a baby were not as long past as they actually were.

Eventually, the alchemist is allowed to take his son back upstairs where the pair excitedly await Ronin's return. When the Star does come home, Remi mentally shouts a hello, not wanting to wake the snoozy newborn settled on his chest. Shirtless, Remi has both arms on the boy's back, and when Ronin enters the room it will be to a wide smile. "He's just fallen asleep. Vai had some milk she was going to trade away. He explains.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
The mental reply is enough to have Ronin tiptoeing upstairs, shhhhhing at Sugar as if she might be the one to wake their son (she absolutely won’t be), and soon enough they are peeking into the bedroom, a cloud full of treats listing in behind them so Ronin can click the door shut. That woman is a goddess, he says of Vai, gently setting the bassinet down on Remi’s other side on the bed, grabbing the soft white blanket from is nimbus to tuck it inside.

Has he been okay? he asks, grabbing something else from his cloud and shooting Remi a shiteating grin, before offering it out. It’s a stuffed lion with an exceptionally shaggy mane, and Sugar growls at it for good measure. I got enough of the basics without going overboard. We need to be able to travel light, right?
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Peering over at the bassinet as if it requires his inspection or approval (it doesn't), Remi feel such a thrill of excitement shoot up from his toes into the back of his throat he's worried that it will rile Mateo from sleep.

He took to Vai like a fish to water. Remi replies, though there's no surprise there. Glancing at the offered lion, the alchemist shoots his husband a glare that far too quickly melts into a boyish smile. "Same goes for you." He whispers to Sugar, before nodding toward the white dragon to indicate she could come and sniff the babe if she wanted.

I don't believe you. Eyeing the nimbus and knowing his husband well enough to know that going overboard is simply one of Ronin's traits, he nods. Was it difficult to find everything? What did you get, anyway?

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky