a perfect soul
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
even my darkness shines for you
Ronin might not need Remi’s approval, but he’s still grinning like a bit of an idiot to see the alchemist gaze over the bassinet, and he leaves it on the bed so he can go back to the nimbus. In the meantime, Sugar swoops from around his shoulders to settle gently on the bed by Remi. She prowls up to sniff at Mateo’s toes, trilling softly and peeping up at the Lullaby, as if able to scent a mixture of both he and Ronin in the babe.

You’d be right not to believe me, Ronin says with a mental cackle, already stacking blankets and teensy tiny clothes at the end of the bed. Oh, you know. Bits and pieces. Bottles, bibs, toys, a large amount of milk and goodness knows what else. Listen, he’s got enough for the next day, at least. He grins.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
It's a strange thing to feel so incredibly protective even around those you know would never do any harm. So it is that Remi's muscles ripple slightly and in his mouth is teeth have grown pointed as Sugar sniffs at Mateo's toes. Taking a breath, Remi offers Sugar a reassuring nod as she scents the air, forcing himself to settle. But gods if his love for this child isn't already fierce.

Bits and pieces. Remi repeats, his mental voice flat despite the laughter crinkling the corners of his eyes. Oh I forgot to mention. I'm officially unemployed. I sent a letter to Sunjata this morning. He's off in Halo doing gods know what, but Torchline is his soon as he returns. I...think that makes you unemployed as well. This latter sentiment is thought with a crooked smile and mischievous pulse through the bond. Had there not been a babe asleep on his chest it would have been followed up by a kiss that started sweet and then turned devilishly delighted.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin is watching Sugar out of the corner of his eye as well, and the pale dragon croons a note of distaste that they don’t trust her. She takes off to curl up around one of the beams, to give them space with Mateo, though her icy eyes do not leave the babe, and there is no safer child in Torchline. Clicking his tongue at her in apology, Ronin finishes getting everything off the nimbus (and it does just keep coming) before he dismisses it.

Oh, are we? Well I’m glad you told this to me now and not while I was out getting everything. I definitely used your Governor’s discount for the very last time. He chuckles, not wanting to disturb their son, so he pulls up a chair instead. I still feel like I’m going to wake up.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi has no doubt he's wounded the dragon's pride, but such is his protectiveness that he isn't sorry about it.

Or perhaps I shoulder have sooner. We could have used the vagabond discount like we did with that wagon. Stealing wagons and fighting each other on the beach...it felt like a lifetime ago. And now with a new life growing between them, perhaps it was.

Pressing his cheek against the pillow to better look at his husband as he sits next to the bed, Remi can only smile knowingly. It isn't a dream, the cost having been all too real. Do you want to talk about it? It. Mateo. How he came to be.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Not so sure we need a vagabond’s discount anymore, Ronin says with a fiendish sort of smile, reaching out to brush his fingers very gently through Mateo’s tiny curls. Though I’ll be sad to give up this place. Wonder what’ll happen to it? Someone will undoubtedly move in, he’s sure. And honestly, it’s not really his problem, so in comparison to Remi and their son, it’s a matter that’s quickly forgotten.

And when Remi asks the inevitable, Ronin gazes at him frankly and honestly, blue eyes glimmering with a mixture of love and mischief. Are you safe? he asks. Is he safe? Because if the answer to those questions are yes, then that’s all I need to know. Leaning in, he kisses the alchemist’s forehead. Once upon a time I’d have had to pick something like this apart. But after everything... I’m not going to question something so perfect.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Vai and Felix could always stay. She said the other day she was planning on remaining here in Torchline. And...Ianto seems comfortable enough under the porch. Remi can't shrug much, but the muscles of his shoulders tense with the gesture just the same.

Returning Ronin's stare, green into blue, the alchemist pulls in a breath and nods. We are. He confirms softly. But his presence here is...not without a price. I know what it is, what was traded.  But I can't tell you what it was. If I do, Mateo will be gone forever. So if you ever ask me...I will tell you. But know that that is the price of it. Solemnly Remi looks down at their son, asleep on his chest, small fists balled up around his face. I'm not sure it is a price you would have paid. But I have no way of knowing. Not without losing him. Though Remi can't be fully honest, he can give Ronin as many of the pieces as he's able. And one day you might learn the secret on your own. I just...I can't be the one to tell you. Heavy is his voice, weighed down by this forced vagueness that he so hates.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin hums out a sigh, nodding at the idea of Vai and Felix, or even Ianto taking up residence in the house. Mm, speaking of - maybe you should ask the fox where we might be able to find a decent method of transportation, mm? We might not be getting vagabond discount, but I don’t feel like carrying Mateo and everything else around wherever we go. Grinning, he reaches out to gently slip his hand into Remi’s, ensuring that the baby on his chest is still steady.

It would be a lie to say that Ronin doesn’t have questions, but Remi has said that he and the boy are safe. He has said that he will tell him if he asks, and he and they are both aware of the price for asking. It must be something bad he murmurs, for you to be so torn up by it. But... if keeping that secret means keeping our son, then I’ll forget I ever knew there was a secret to begin with.

Ronin leans in again searching out his husband’s lips so he can kiss him, gently, softly. ”I love you,” he whispers. ”We have a son. Yours and mine. Never feel guilty about that.”
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Why? Not strong enough? Remi sasses back, silently bobbing his eyebrows teasingly at his husband. Humming a gentle sigh that has the sleeping boy cooing in his sleep, Remi squeezes Ronin's hand, soothed himself by the love and reassurance that flows from the Star's touch. But yes, I'll find Ianto and see if he knows of any other wagons or magical carpets. Their original wagon had been rotted-out completely by the winds and rains of the past year. Vai had turned it into a rather interesting lawn ornament that sported a number of herbs, but it was no longer road-worthy.

It was Ludo, so...it was fair, I suppose. But I'm not sure I would have agreed for anything other than this, or you. He'd have agreed instantly were the bargain for Ronin's life. Mateo though? Gods, it was just pure selfishness in a way he couldn't quite articulate. He could only hope that Vanya's maternal nature would make her understand what he'd done.

Savouring the warmth and softness of Ronin's kiss as Remi lets his tongue fleeting glide against the huntsman's bottom lip, he nods in agreement. "Yours and mine." He whispers back, and despite the heaviness of the conversation, there is still a rush of joy that bustles through the Lullaby's bones.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin hums out his approval of Remi’s words, and he smiles against his lips, eventually drawing back to sit beside the bed again. Playfully, he bounces his eyebrows towards the bassinet, as if to ask whether or not he’s going to let their son try it out or if he plans to simply hold onto him forever. Honestly he’d not be surprised if that’s the case; the Star will save his cuddles for when Remi is asleep or eventually somehow busy.

And in the meantime, he supposes there is more to do, the Star stretching out and hauling himself out of his chair so he can sort through the mountain of things he has managed to get from the marketplace. No rest for the wicked, after all, and compared to their sleeping boy, Ronin is very wicked and restless indeed.

~FIN
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky