Personal Quest the earth is spinning; we can't just stand on it
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
It seems we’re in the thick’a it now, rats swarming around the four’a us like we’re meals that would feed the rat families for a week (we are). It’s hard to see in the darkness, but I in the mass’a movin’ little bodies an’ people, I think I see one’a the rodents breakin’ off an’ comin for me. “Fuck,” I curse under my breath an’ back towards the wall, but the creature seems to be quicker an’ launches itself towards one’a my calves.

Not today, I mentally yell at it while switchin’ the grip on my horn dagger an’ stabbin’ down at the rat. I miss the first time, but hopefully hit on the second time, right before it gets the chance to sink its teeth into my skin, hopefully skewerin’ it clean through.
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
With your big heart, you praise God above, but how's it working out for you, honey?
As expected, when his pulse hit the rats they were both visibly calmed, immediately sedated as if drugged; Bastien easily reached between them to grab the flower, picking it up by the very bottom of the stem in the aim of not ripping it apart too much. Once he had it in his hands he got back on his board and went back up to the rest of the team, beaming at how easy the task had been.

Arriving to see Sunjata's legs being ascended by rats he gently put the lily in his pocket then bent down to zoom forwards on his board, quickly passing the Governor and as he did so, grabbing one of the rats off him and throwing it to the side.

--
Bastien brings the flower back, then tries to fly past Sunjata and grab a rat off him!
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// tonight my demons come out to play, all my anger goes away, i'm ready for it //
Gods, he’d really hoped that would work. When it was evident it didn’t, and the rats kept coming closer, he realizes the daggers wouldn’t be a good option in such close quarters here within the tunnels. So he slides them away, hissing a curse under his breath in Korofi as one of the rats bites down on his leg.

And then he shifts into his panther form, large paws stretching out to try and bat the rats away, a low vibration growl erupting from his throat. His maw parts, teeth aimed for another one that runs at him, hoping that he might leave enough carnage behind that they stop messing with him.

Sunjata shifts to his panther form and tries to bat a few rats away as well as trying to bite into one.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Combined manifestations, machinations, and some fair fortune assail the moment, and clear out the rats. Deimos’ final act of compelling was a justified menace, no hint of a threat, but a true undulation of ferocity and incoming bedlam – and several rats scurried from the hostile, pervading tactics, so much so that he never had to utilize a weapon or incantations. They hastened off in opposite directions, smells taking them elsewhere.

Raza’s stabbing techniques sunk into flesh, bone, muscle, and tissue of the massive rodent, and she’d find her knife sunk deep into the middle – the beast essentially finished off. What she’d do with it would be up to her. There were probably plenty of scavengers about this world if she had no intention of keeping it.

It was Bastien, and not Sunjata, who ultimately saved the newly titled Governor. Riding on his hoverboard and masterful providence, the artist grabbed one of the rats clean off of the Flood. Once tossed, the rodent hit the wall, and laid there, stunned, for several seconds, before it too hobbled and wandered off. Sunjata’s panther form prevailed in scaring off the rest.

And then, just like it had begun, the bizarre moments were seemingly over. The Sword snorted, mostly at the ridiculousness of the situation, and the apparent ease in which everything had ultimately dissipated. Another breath, loosening up any residual trepidation, because he’d had no intention of leading any of these people straight into danger (it always just..happened), before extending gruff tones, another lighting of his palm to stretch and see into the darkness. “Everyone all right?" Zuriel, who hadn’t been needed or required earlier, marched forward, in case someone necessitated healing.

With those instances no longer so brutalizing or condemning, Deimos could turn his attention back to successes. “Well done,” he proffered back to Bastien, the smallest inkling of a smile beginning to unwind. “Now we need to keep it safe.” And find more.

Once everyone was newly settled, and mended, the General turned, back towards the direction of the springs. “We will carry on.” He didn’t prosper the warning of keeping eyes and ears open; he figured they already were aware of that by now – casting lantern light off the sanction of the walls as they began to travel further down the tunnels again.

--

Raza has stabbed and killed her rat. What will she do with it?

Bastien and Sunjata’s combined efforts have prevailed! Sunjata is now free of rats, and Bastien has his lily. How is he going to keep it from getting damaged on the rest of the journey?

Deimos has compelled away any remaining rats.

Zuriel is available for healing if anyone needs her.

Let’s move forward! 48 hours until the next round or until everyone is in!
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
i'm nothing more than a page unwritten
on the pavement, blowing in the wind
Frustration leaks through him, but the only one that would feel it is the Sword. Luckily Bastien manages to fling one of the rats away, Sunjata’s growl successful in getting the rest of them to leave them alone. And so he shifts back into himself, pushing aside the frustration to look over to Bastien. “Thanks.” He offers, a small smile creeping on the corners of his lips, gaze drifting toward the board. “Nice hoverboard.” It was still the first thing of newer technology Sunjata’s seen since arriving here in Caido, finding it to be much closer to what they had at home in Korofi in comparison.

A nod is given toward Deimos, a wave off of Zuriel, the bites on his leg weren’t that bad, could be dealt with later. Not too deep and not too much that it was keeping him from continuing the search. So his gaze partially shifts once more, to that of his dragon shift, this time the armored plates appearing along his skin to cover his neck, arms, and legs to prevent any squishy parts from getting bit again by more unexpected rats.

And then he continues down the tunnel to try and find more of those lilies.

Sunjata continues to search for lilies!
you win a lot, and you lose
just a little bit more than you gained in the end
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

Luck is again on your side, and this time it is Raza who spies a snow-white lily growing starkly out of the stone.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
raza
At least my aim is true. I skewer that little blind skittery fucker right through the belly, leavin’ it twitchin’ on the end’a my dagger. Gross. I sling it aside before realizin’ I just inadvertently finished part’a Ludo’s requests, and then smile a little awkwardly to myself. No time like the present to get shit done, I guess.

“Yep,” I yell back to Deimos, wipin’ the rat blood off the bone but keepin’ it in my hand, just in case. Never know what’s gonna come outta these tunnels now. I move on at the big guy’s command, keepin’ my eyes peeled for anythin’ that looks like Bastien’s flower an’ happen to glance up (why? I don’t know, really) spotting a lily above all our heads.

“Up there!” comes out more excited than I meant to, but I point to the flower an’ rush towards it, reachin’ up on my toes to try an’ gently tug it from its stony perch.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
With your big heart, you praise God above, but how's it working out for you, honey?
Bastien had never fancied himself much of a hero, but he had to admit he was rather impressed with himself. While tossing rats about was hardly the thing of legends, it still saved Sunjata in the moment and he grinned at the thanks, wobbling his hoverboard back and forth a little to show off in response to the compliments. The device still seemed strange to him some days, when he thought too much about it, but it made him feel very impressive indeed.

"Yes, I'm fine." He told Deimos with a nod, then took the lily from his pocket and handed it out towards him; it was the Sword's quest, after all, and Bastien wasn't sure he fancied venturing back into the Climb to drop the flower off later on. He held it gently, offering it out on his palm with all the appropriate respect and softness.

They continued to search, and it seemed luck really was on their side this day. Raza yelled out her find and Bastien went over to see if he could help. Seeing her on her toes he knelt down on his board, holding out laced fingers in a loop for her to step on, if needed, to get a boost up the ledge.

---
Bastien gives the lily to Deimos, then helps Raza reach up the ledge!
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Moving onwards, wandering further into the darkening fold, he lifted the light of his fire through the midst, maneuvering it over shadowed walls, exposing areas where magma failed in its reach. For a few moments, there was nothing at all – no one required healing despite the past ensuing rush, so Zuriel was left with an imperial shake of her head and dutiful march, and naught seemed to hark from the vast halls. In the distance was a familiar haze, likely plumes of the springs, if they weren’t deterred any further.

Raza’s call distracted though, and the monolith ceased maneuvering forward, lifting the light towards the ledge, the perch, where the flower rested. That was all he could manage for the moment, as Bastien gave him the responsibility of the already snatched bulb, and he nodded with a light grin. It was tucked safely along the sides of his satchel, where he could keep a close eye.

While Raza’s efforts to reach the ledge weren’t successful, scraping, clawing, and stumbling down the infernal stone, the Ascended’s hoverboard worked just fine, permitting the Torchliner to snag and grab the lily. Teamwork had paid off in spades, and despite their quiet parameters, each member seemed capable of adhering to the task at hand, and not ridiculing, not demeaning.

Despite the rats, it had been almost peaceful, in comparison the number of other moments they’d all been riddled within and against.

“Good,” he nodded towards Raza and Bastien, a certain semblance of relief pressing into his spine now, because there’d already been success, and they still be triumphant (a smile had rendered itself again along his mouth, before it dropped away) – but he wasn’t to be waylaid in the eerie, unpredictable earth. “The springs should be right ahead.” Then there were other things to accomplish.

And amongst the commotion and action, Sunjata would hear the slightest fluttering of wings. A click of a beak. A scratch of a talon. How close were they? What were they? Would he choose to investigate, or leave them entirely alone, eclipsed in the unknown?

--

ROUND FIVE

Raza has found a lily, and in her attempts to climb, faltered and stumbled! Bastien saved the day again however (Bastien for MVP), and allowed her to use the hoverboard to snag the flower!

Deimos now has responsibility for Bastien’s lily.

Meanwhile, Sunjata has heard the faintest sound of wings, beaks, and talons. Hm.

48 hours to post or until everyone is in!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Bastien’s smile back toward the Flood has his own growing a bit wider — lasting only a moment longer before it vanishes with the realization that Raza has now found another one. And with the teamwork of the two of them, they had that handled. And so he continues to walk, hands hovering nearby his hips where the daggers sit again, gaze a slit steel as he scans toward the end of the tunnel.

He doesn’t see anything, but while Deimos mentions that the tunnels should end soon, Sunjata can hear the rustling of wings, the sound too distracting to ignore. So he keeps the armored plates along his arms and his throat, halfway creeping up his neck, and he focuses on angling himself toward the sound, to follow down it.

Glancing back at the group, he nods his head down the way he’s picked. “I hear some… birds I think, down this way.” He rumbles to them, turning his attention back to where the sounds are coming from.

Sunjata keeps himself mostly partially shifted for the armor aspect and follows the sound to investigate.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
raza
Through teamwork an’ some fancy board thing, Bastien an’ I manage to pluck the second lily from its perch above us (a strange place for a Lily to grow, but then I’ve heard Rae and Frey work in bizarre ways sometimes). Flashing the Ascended a quick smile, I put a friendly hand (and just that - like bros) on his shoulder in gratitude. “Thanks for the boost.”

But now that I have the flower, I ain’t sure what to do with it. It’s pretty, but seems rather delicate an’ do I really want to be responsible for keepin’ it safe? Nope. Nope nope nope. Silently admiring the softness of the petals and veins of gold and turquoise, I reluctantly offer it up to the big guy for safe keeping; my bag is full’a clothes an’ other things an’ he probably has more room.

So with that handed over I turn to whatever lies ahead - the springs, he says. I can’t hear what Sunjata hears, but I take precautions at his words all the same an make my dagger at the ready again.

-----------

Raza hands the lily over to Deimos and then readies her dagger again as they move forward.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Glad to see that he'd been of some use Bastien nodded at Raza, the hand on his shoulder interpreted indeed as simply a 'bro' touch. He watched as she went to give the flower to Deimos as well, seeing that they had the same idea; Deimos seemed to know what to do, and the lilies were desperately important. That they were well cared for mattered more than most things he did in his day to day life and he didn't want the responsibility on his hands (especially not as he knew if he messed up, the Ascended as a whole could well be blamed).

"Birds?" He asked Sunjata, not inherently worried at that; they weren't familiar with all the fauna of the Climb, after all, and the noises could just be those of something harmless and native to the area. Bastien followed on though, getting closer to Sunjata, looking around and above them for the source of the noises he could hear.

--
Bastien goes forward with the group and looks about for birds.
Do you feel loved?
Bastien
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
With Raza’s success, Deimos suddenly found himself the bearer of two lilies, and the increased responsibility towards maintaining the favorable outcomes. It was tucked amongst its companion, a faintest arch of his brow and nod given in return towards the Torchliner, before other…issues began to crop up.

Sunjata and Bastien investigated, to no one’s surprise, and the Sword paused momentarily in his walk, in his pace, eyes narrowing, fiery light lifting again, flickering after the noises, the sounds, of wings –

To find a flock of gore crows illuminated in the sanction, suddenly there, within their path – the springs just ahead.

Of course, none of them would know these were gore crows- not native to the magma pits. Distinct differences could be noted, size, the beaks, the talons – and despite the fact that they’d clearly been attracted to the previous rat interactions, the outcries pouring, echoing, resounding off the walls seemed to mean something else entirely. “Eyes!” And here Deimos narrowed his own, already funneling through possibilities and parameters, of threats, treacheries, and decisions lurking in the fold. ”Meat!

“I preferred the rats,” he muttered. “Best arm yourselves.” Find a means and way to defend – for no sooner had he announced the notions, the birds maneuvered, streaking over their group, intending to dive, to maul, to get exactly what they craved. His machinations, abilities, already spurning from within, intended to begin with compelling the crows to attack one another.

--

ROUND SIX

Due to some horrendous rolls, the group has been set upon by gore crows! And they’re hungry!

Find a way to defend yourselves quickly!

Round is moving on in 48 hours or when everyone has posted!

Sunjata Raza Bastien
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The armor remains covering Sunjata’s neck and arms, watching as the crows come more into view – teeth grit hard, jaw clenched, steel gaze narrowing through the dark as he hears the sound that leaves them. Already he’s unprepared, not ready for what comes next, a quick glance against the walls of the cave to guess the size, hoping that he doesn’t make a mistake as his emotions and predatory edge lash out against the rest of the prey animals within him.

The crows begin to dive, and Sunjata’s already letting the shift take hold, first to the macaw so he might distract the crows to follow him, to guide them out to the end of the tunnel – he can see the light flickering from it, can see how close they are – he’s just got to get there first. A taunting sound leaves his beak, navy feathers diving him toward the end of tunnel where once he reaches the end and it’s far more wide open, only then will he shift to the dragon shift – a hopefully bigger threat against the crows.

I doubt dragon!Jata would fit in the tunnels so he’s a macaw in the attempts of driving them to follow him outside the end of the tunnel to frey’s breath where he shifts into his dragon shift to hopefully scare them off.