put yourself first for him
For Sam
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
At first, Amun had thought that he'd hallucinated the conversation he'd had with Deimos. However, eventually the potter's mind had convinced him that he was true. It took Zhanshi tugging at the Ascended's pants' legs to finally get him up and out of his studio.

Night had fallen already. Making his way through the streets, he stopped in front of the Artisan's Guild. It looked worse for wear, and signs of the sick having damaged the exterior were visible. Hopefully the interior was visible. Sighing, he propped his hands on his hips.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with an entire guild, lil' guy?" The landshark snapped at the air and the potter laughed as the image of fresh meat filtered into his mind. "Yeah alright, you're right I should know better than to ask you." Nudging his companion with a foot, the Ascended grinned.

Samuel
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It would be fair to say Sam was not doing well at the moment, but when was he ever doing well? He'd come back to the Hollowed Grounds with the intent to try and rebuild himself again after the illness had distorted his mind enough to ruin his time in Torchline and he felt defeated, his only friend here Mia and a couple of bookstore regulars that were pleased to see the lights on again.

Over the days memories of being with Amun while he was sick came to him. The details were foggy, but he knew they had spent time together and he had enjoyed it, that they may have agreed to meet again. Desperate for a friend in this difficult time and not completely oblivious to the fact that Amun was an attractive Ascended unafraid of expressing himself...well, whatever was to happen, Sam wanted to meet him again.

He'd asked around where he might find Amun and was guided to the door of the Artisan's Guild. Spotting Amun right before it he smiled, took a few steps forwards and waved. "Amun! Is it true you own this place now? That's amazing!" The enthusiasm was a little forced, but he tried to make the smile genuine.
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun

As the familiar voice rang out, Amun turned with a smile of his own. He returned Sam's wave. Laughing, the potter glanced over his shoulder at the guild hall. "Hey Red. And yes, it's true. I am the proud new owner of a used guild." Shaking his head, he looked back at the mapmaker.

Zhanshi swam through the earth towards the other man. Amun stepped forward and wagged a finger at the landshark. "No biting." Glancing up, the potter grinned. "It's his main way of interacting with the world," he apologized to Sam. The companion snapped his jaw's in the air to punctuate the point.

Straightening up, Amun put his hands on his hips. "So. Did you come back to the Hollowed Ground for the Voice's cure?" At the mention of their goddess his smile deepened, suffused his entire body with joy and reverence.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"I remember when it used to be Remi's..." Sam mused as he walked closer, looking over the building; he'd never entered while it had been under Deimos' leadership, though not for any particular reason. It was only as he stood before the door that he really noticed Zhanshi and took a small hop back, a noise of surprise that was not particularly dignified leaving him. "Well...I suppose an Ascended can't get mad at him for biting." He joked, though swiftly reminded himself of recent events that took the smile away again.

The question put him in a somewhat awkward position; Sam put his hands together and looked to the side, shrugging. "Well...no, not exactly. I mean, I was here for that, but I actually came back a couple of days before the cure." He was sure Amun would ask why, after he'd once been so determined he was going to stay in Torchline forever, so he tried to come up with a reason on the fly: "It seems that um..most Ascended live here, and maybe I left too soon, I thought. So...I'm back in Sanctuary! For...a while, at least." Sam flashed an unsure smile at the end of this rambling speech, hoping it sounded natural.

"It feels good to be cured, doesn't it?" He asked quickly, trying to move on.
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Nodding at Sam's words, Amun turned to face the building. "Feels like forever ago, doesn't it?" He sighed and shook his head a bit. "Hey, you don't have any interest in joining, do you?" Glancing over at the mapmaker, the new guild master raised an eyebrow.

Chuckling at the redhead's comment, the potter crouched down. He held out his hand to Zhanshi, who started to nibble on Amun's fingers. "No we really can't. Good thing he hasn't developed a taste for Ascended flesh. Unlike me." Winking at the other man, the potter grinned.

Nodding, he stood up and dusted his hands off. "Welcome back then! And I, for one, hope you stay for more than a while."

Walking over to the door, he placed his hands on the hinges, which had been warped by some force or another. They started to crawl back into the right shape as he activated his upgrade. "Yeah, it does. I'm still having some relapses, though." He grimaced.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Looking over in surprise as he was asked if he'd like to join, Sam paused for a long while before considering it, finding he didn't actually hate the idea. "I mean...I don't...Do my books count? As a thing I could make for the guild?" He asked, not sure if he had to make something more impressive, like Remi's magic items or Amun's intricate pots. Perhaps a guild was what he needed, though, to give himself a little more focus for the new life he'd suddenly been thrust into.

Used to Amun's flirting by now he laughed, having to admit that that one was a good use of the words set up. His good spirits stayed too, as it seemed Amun wasn't going to interrogate him about his decision to stay in the Grounds; thinking he'd gotten away with having to explain Sam kept a light smile on his face, wondering if he could just have a nice time chatting to a friend for once.

"Relapses...?" He asked with some concern, watching the hinges change. "What do you mean? I thought the Voice entirely cured everyone?"
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Snorting, Amun reached out to clasp Sam's shoulder. "Of course they count." The potter found himself grinning as he squeezed the redhead's shoulder. "And since I'm the guild master, what I say goes, right?" Chuckling, Amun waved his hand as if to invite the other man in on the joke.

Sighing, the guild master dropped his hand. He opened the door and frowned when he saw the lock had been forced as well. Putting his hand on it, he nudged it back into the correct shape. As he did, a tendril of metal from the bracelets he wore crawled down and inserted itself into the keyhole, forming a new key.

"I don't know. I still get...cravings sometimes. For...you know." Hesitating, he added, "And I still think I see some things that aren't there, in the corner of my eye. Hear things that aren't there." He shrugged. "Maybe it's all in my head."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"Oh, they do?" Sam grinned, turning to face Amun with the first genuine smile in his eyes for a while; a new place, a new family to belong to, somewhere where he could hopefully relax and settle into yet another phase of his life. "I suppose so. How do I join?" Hopefully Amun actually meant the offer and wasn't just being polite, because Sam was already excited, thinking of moving his supplies into the building.

Hearing the sigh Sam looked closer at the lock and saw that it was broken; in addition to the hinges, it painted an unpleasant picture. "Oh, no...do you think someone's been inside?" That they could still be inside? He peered through the tiny crack between the doors, as if he might be able to see a monster lurking betwixt.

"Oh. ..For...for blood, or just for drinking?" Sam asked, desperately trying to not think of his own last drink and instead of solutions for Amun's problem. "I have to say I've felt good since the cure...a little foggy, perhaps. But not so bad."
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Nodding, Amun patted Sam's shoulder before releasing it. "They absolutely do." Grinning when the other man asked how to join, the potter cleared his throat. The bracelets on his arms rippled and moved until he held a blade in his hands.

Reaching out with it, he tapped the redhead on both shoulders with the flat of the sword. "I now dub thee Sir Wordsworth of the Artisan's Guild." Chuckling, the bracelets returned to the guild master's arms. "That enough ceremony for you?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Only one way to find out." With that, he pushed the door open fully. Zhanshi at the potter's heels, Amun strode inside. Peering at the dust inside, he shook his head. "I don't think anyone's been here for a while. There are no tracks or anything." He gestured for Sam to take a look as well.

Nodding, the guild master frowned. "Yes, for blood." Shrugging, he stepped deeper into the apparently vacant building. "Maybe I'm just imagining it all then."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Amun's acceptance put a real smile on Sam's face and he watched with a delighted curiosity as the bracelet changed, then laughed as the blade touched his shoulder. He rolled his eyes, but the pressed smile on his face showed he was more amused than genuinely irritated. "Absolutely. I'll do my best to live up to it...who else is in the guild nowadays?" He asked, wanting to know who he'd be sharing the space with.

Stepping in after Amun confirmed it was empty, Sam headed to the middle of the room and turned; it was dusty. Dark and dim, a shadow of the place it had been the last time he'd seen it. But it was the same building and the potential was there, if Amun applied himself to it, for it to be just as glorious as it had been. "Do you need help cleaning it in here? It's a lot of work for one person." Having a project to help with might just have been the thing he needed at the moment.

If Amun's thirst was for blood, there was little he could do to help. "I hope it fades soon, then. I think...it's best to avoid drinking now, if you can. In case it goes too far."
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Amun grinned at Sam's reaction to the impromptu knighting. Shrugging at the bookmaker's question, the potter rubbed his head. "I'm sure you will. As for members...I don't know, actually." He frowned. "Me. And you, obviously. Amalia I think, maybe still Deimos, but other than that I'm not sure." Sighing, he made a mental note to get a list of the members from the former guild master at some point.

Grinning, the current guild master winked at the other man. "I'll never turn down an extra pair of hands." Walking to the nearest window, Amun threw open the curtains. He rubbed the grime off of them with his sleeve. Moderate amount of illumination achieved, he started looking around for cleaning materials.

As he searched, Zhanshi began to explore every corner of the hall. The potter called out his respond to the redhead's comment. "Don't worry. I kept myself from drinking too much when I was sick, so I think I'll be okay while whatever this is lingers." Smiling, Amun inclined his head towards Sam. "I appreciate your concern though."

Pulling open a closet, the potter whooped when he found brooms and rags. Taking two brooms, he held one out for the bookmaker. Assuming the other man took it, the guild master would began to sweep.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"Amalia....and Deimos?" Sam repeated, obviously quite stricken by this news. "I'll have to be sure not to be in the guild hall when they visit." While the two were no longer quite the team they were, they were both rather beloved by the Old Gods and disdainful of him and the things he had done (or really, failed to do).

At least cleaning would be a welcome distraction from his world of troubles and people potentially after his fluid. "I've cleaned so many of these old buildings for people starting out...and so many of them have moved on." Sam reflected sombrely as he walked across the hall, letting a finger drift over the table and inspecting the dirt on it. "I hope you find something successful here, Amun."

Taking a broom willingly he began to sweep too, heading to the edges to get the dirt from beneath the walls to a central spot where it would be easier to clean. "Alright. ...Amun, I did want to ask you something. Um. While we were sick..." If Sam had been able to blush, his ears would have turned red, as it was he just determinedly stare at the floor. "You were quite forward, saying you wanted to um, drink from me and all that entails...did you...mean any of that?"
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Amun shot Sam a look. "Why's that?" Raising an eyebrow, the potter shrugged. "Amalia moved away and I haven't seen Deimos since he gave me the guild. I think you're fine." He reached out to pat the bookmaker on the shoulder.

Humming at the other man's words, the guild master smiled. "And some of them come back. Like you." Chuckling he inclined his head at Sam. "Thanks. I hope so too." Amun glanced around at his new guild.

Pausing in his efforts to sweep, he turned to face the bookmaker. The potter rested his arms on the top of his broom. "I can't rightly say that I remember the specifics of what I said." Grinning, he winked at the other man. "But I did mean it." The guild master cocked his head to one side. "Why do you sound so surprised by that?"
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"Um...it's a long story, but we disagree a lot about things...Amalia doesn't like anything that goes against the Old Gods." Surely Amun, as an Ascended, would understand that; Sam couldn't imagine that he got along well with Amalia himself (or maybe it was just that Sam himself was so unbearable? He hoped not). At least it sounded like neither of them would be around too much, but he knew he'd still be checking the door every so often for a while.

As much as he wished he hadn't have had to come back, it was nice to know that Amun was glad to see him. Sam smiled, putting in fresh effort to his cleaning.

He kept focused on the task and the floor as Amun answered his question, pushed some hair behind his ear as he answered it. "Oh. Well, um...I don't know. You're handsome and I thought you'd be too good for...someone like me." Almost aggressively, Sam brushed some dirt away towards the door, beginning to wish he hadn't brought up the topic. "But. I've recently made a decision that I don't want to do anything like that again until I'm in a relationship...it only seems to cause problems."
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do