{SE} Soon as we touched the Ground
Sunny~ ☀️
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I couldn't get the boy to kill me but I wore his jacket for the longest time
The fact that half a season, more, had slipped by unnoticed was terrifying. The fact that that half season had held so much even more so. God, he has a lot of apologies to make. But as he steps out of the misty white of the portal, arm in arm with his husband (his husband) Nate can’t help but let his shoulders drop, weight falling away as the smell of the sea and the sound of the docks enveloped them.

He was home, and he was well. They were home and well.

”It’s so fucking good to be back!” Nate crows, meaning the words in every way he could. His hand squeezed the attuned’s tightly, before he pulled it up to press a kiss to the back of Sunjata’s hand. Thank you for taking care of me darling. The accent in his head is clearer, stronger than it’s been before, no prt of Nate trying to hide it away anymore.

They could head home, and god, does he want to, but at the same time, it’s been so long since they’ve been out, together, just wandering. They’d been sick, or he’d been afraid, or this, or that. Nate wants to enjoy this evening, wants to spend it making memories he can call up clearly. So he starts walking, pulling the other man along with him, no plan, except maybe to follow his nose towards something that smells suspiciously like a donut. Even if he can’t taste it, doesn’t need it, a snack is a snack, and it seems like soemthing Sunjata would like.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
better get to diggin' while my body's getting cold.
i keep tryna fight it so just promise when i go, you'll bury me low
They were healthy now, weight lifted from Sunjata’s shoulders in one aspect before something else weighs it heavily too. Governorship. But for now? His first time home? He can spend a few moments recollecting himself, enjoying the company he’s in, never once worrying that Nate might stray or stop making sense, that his headaches won’t come back and drive him deeper into it too.

There’s a low hum of laughter at Nate’s crowing, a squeeze of his husbands hand as the attuned voice rings thick in his mind, accompanied with a thicker accent that Sunjata finds to be music to his ears. Of course. He hums back, intertwining his fingers with Nate’s comfortably before he follows Nate’s lead. He can smell the shop Nate’s heading toward, a rumble of sound leaving his stomach at the thought, never before realizing how much he loved the food here, how much he missed being home.

I have news to add to the celebration.” He says to Nate, gaze lifting from the shop that they’ve reached now to glance at Nate curiously, a hint of amusement crossing his face before he goes to inspect the treats. I didn’t tell you before because we were heading home. But now that you’re better and we are home… Remi stepped down as governor. He picks a specific type of treat, one coated in cinnamon and sugar, requesting a few of them from the baker before his attention turns back to his husband, a crooked smirk forming on his face, chin lifting a bit higher.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Sunjata’s hand is squeezed tightly again as the of course ripples between them, Nate’s silent promise to do the same, now that he was whole and capable again. And oh, what work they had to do. No matter how he tried to stay in the moment, on the street and around the corner to the delicious smelling shop, Nate’s mind raced ahead. Plans old and new flicked through his mind, things they had to fix, to start. There’s no rush, but there is still a buzz of energy, Nate’s fingers tapping against Sunjata’s hand, eager to be doing things again.

The ding at the bakers doors brings him back fully, Nate hanging back a step, just to enjoy the smell of foods he can no longer taste, to savour the warmth of the shop and it’s contents. It feels so normal, and he’d never thought it would be soemthing he could miss.

”Oh do you?” Nate asks curiously, twirling to face Sunjata, and leaning back against the bakers counter, offering the woman a a bright grin and doubling their order before his focus locks completely on his husband. The warmth on his face only just barely flickers, one brow raising as the ascended searches the other mans face. Is there going to be another election? That would be the simple way to do things, but when did anything happen simply. No, if it was cause for celebration, then-

Remi handed it off to you, didn’t he?
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
A low hum is given as if he’s accentuating the fact that he has news. The order is doubled and Sunjata huffs a quiet laugh in response to it, nodding along in agreement with it while the woman works, Sunjata’s voice ringing out through the Attuned bond for his husband who meets his gaze as Sunjata leaves it a bit open ended. He keeps his chin up a bit, lets Nate scan whatever it is he wishes to see in the Flood’s face, and only when Nate suggests that Remi handed it off to him, does a mischievous smirk cross Sunjata’s face.

Yes he did. He rumbles, voice shifting toward something a bit closer to a proud purr, before he’s shifting a bit closer to Nate, close enough that his hip bumps against his husband’s as he offers the trade for the treats, once the woman’s returned with them. “Thank you.” Comes the accented rumble, collecting their celebratory prize, Sunjata handing a couple to Nate before his gaze flickers back up to his husband’s. What do you think of that? A brow raises, still unable to wipe the smirk from his face, even as he takes a bite of the pastry.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
There’s hardly even a need for the answer in his head, the smirk stretching over Sunjata’s face telling Nate absolutely everything he needs to know. There’s a moment of pause for the other show to be dropped, for the punchline to be shared, but when nothing comes a flood of pride and joy washes out from Nate. He pushes off the counter to press in close to the other mans side, to press a long kiss to his cheek.

I think it sounds like we’re movin’ on up. A half remembered jingle floats across the bond with the song song words, Nate unable to stop the chuckle that forces its way past a mouthful of donut. At least he can’t choke. The Governors gonna need someplace fancy to stay. Another chuckle, paired with a belated Thanks! as they leave the store, the ascended shuffling his sweets between his hands so he can like arms with his husband as they continue on their stroll.

This time, Nate finishes chewing, swallows, and continues out loud. ”Is this gonna change anything?”
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The pressed kiss to his cheek and the jingle reaches his mind, and Sunjata can’t help but to chuckle quietly, offering his husband a small nod as they turn to leave, thanking the baker for the treats. A place fancy for us first, governor second. We deserve that much, don’t we? Popping another bite of the pastry into his mouth, he spends a moment chewing on it before he swallows and they continue to walk down the alley, Sunjata’s gaze flickering into each shop curiously until Nate’s question hits and his head slips back toward him.

Changes it how?” He questions, arm still linked in Nate’s, a smile crossing his face. “We’ll get a new council. I imagine you want to stay as you were, unless you had something else in mind?” He watches Nate briefly, popping another bite into his mouth to chew on, ready to listen while his husband speaks.

A shop nearby has a young boy standing outside, calling out to those walking by that they’re selling fancy jewels and metals, something that also attracts Sunjata’s attention, feet pausing in step as it registers.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate throws his gaze up towards the stars as they leave, the few that are out this early in the evening. Another pastry is stuffed into his mouth as his eye drops, head turning in the direction of Aumakua, of a ruin that he still pictures smouldering, despite the time that has passed (how much time has passed?). We deserve a hell of a lot better than that, if you ask me. Of course, everything they deserved was going to need to be put together by their own hands, brick by brick, but something about that thought made the destination seem that much sweeter.

A shrug rises and falls on his shoulders, Nate not sure what exactly he'd thought would change. "I guess... just that, yea." His tongue darts out of his mouth to find a stray bit of sugar. "I'm happy exactly where I am. But, I dunno. It feels like this should be more... something, I guess. Exciting, or..." Another shrug, this one a touch more helpless, and another donut shoved in his mouth, the last one he has.

There's a half formed thought of do they have fireworks here? They must that fizzles away as Sunjata stops, Nate turning back to look at the attuned. What is it? Comes the silent hum, the ascended following the others eyes, landing on the bits of shiny metal in the window. "Those are pretty." He murmurs, offering a smile to the boy as he steps past him, dragging Sunjata while he goes. There's no harm in looking, right?
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The arm that’s interlinked with Nate’s gives him a gentle squeeze of agreement, hip bumping into Nate’s while they walk, a softer smile crossing his face. We absolutely do. He agrees, gaze glinting lightly as he looks over toward his husband, before turning his attention back the path they take, the sun finally relinquishing it’s warm hold on Torchline as the minutes pass.

He takes a bite of the last donut, pausing while he considers what Nate suggests, chewing slowly as he considers it before he swallows and stares down the path with a slight furrow to his brow. “Could be Torchline’s top healer? Top Doctor?” There’s something in him that says that Nate would be good at that, that it would encompass what he does now while adding just that much more.

After a second, though, he pauses and focuses on the shop that he sees, the boy he finds, peering past to find the shop. Luckily, Nate’s voice unroots him, his head tilting back toward Nate and pausing as his husband drags him into the shop. “Do you think we should thank her? For healing us?” He asks quietly, before stuffing down the last bit of donut. And then he wipes the sugar and cinnamon from his fingers, leaning forward to peer at the jewels. “What does she like?” A question aimed at Nate, having only met the Voice technically twice now and knowing next to little of her still.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
A bright laugh leaves Nate as he leans in, pressing a kiss to Sunjata’s cheek without breaking their rhythm. ”Now that’s exciting.” As the sun slips away, the ascended moves closer to his husband, half sapping his heat, and half enjoying his closeness. ”It sounds like the kind of position that might need some favours to get into though.” Of there’s any hint of a purr, of a suggestion in his voice, well now, that’s just happenstance.

There’s all manner of trinkets and treasures inside the shop, though seeing it only reminds Nate of a debt he owes, a treasure he needs to get back, and soon. Gods, there really is a lot to do.

”I don’t think she needs it, but...” Nate hums, and looks around, letting the various shining trinkets catch his eye as they may. ”I think she might like it.” Was sentiment something they were still supposed to have? Appreciation? Did he really care about what he was supposed to be?

What she would actually like is a much harder question though, and for the first time, Nate takes a step away from his husband, arms unlinking, but hands entwining instead. Again, his gaze roams over the wares on display, passing over gems, precious metals, and finally settling on a little basket near the door, a label declaring them as geodes. It’s filled with a variety of stones, all plain, mundane, and yet Nate lets himself be drawn to it, Sunjata dragged behind him. He shoves his hand into the basket and pulls out a smooth, fist sized stone, pale grey and speckled with dark spots. ”This. She’ll like this.”
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He’s warm, but no longer fever warm. And it’s easy for him to keep Nate close, let the Ascended seep the warmth from him, content and amused beside his husband as the conversation of titles and positions continues. “Buttering up is a good way to start.” He murmurs with a wink. You know exactly what kind of favors I’d ask of you. Comes the follow up, a purring, low hum that slips down the attuned bond toward Nate.

But then he’s distracted by the shop, whirling through the door, following as Nate guides him by the hand to a basket in the back. He wonders at what the rock Nate picks looks like, on the inside at least, the outside a bit less… Flashy which compared to Safrin he supposes fits the goddess well enough. And at the confirmation from Nate of the rock being what the Voice would like, he nods, attracting the attention of the shop keep with an easy smile.

Luckily the geodes don’t take too much for trade, and Sunjata and Nate end up getting away with a couple of them at a decent deal, Sunjata having picked one of his own that’s speckled with a rust hue and a deep navy line through the side. He links his arm through Nate’s again, spinning the rock in his hand as they reach the outside alleyway again, a half smirk crossing his face. “Should we detour to the shrine?” He asks, halfway through only remembering that the storms had destroyed it, wondering if it has been fixed yet or they’d arrive to quite the mess.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate's mind is swirling with thoughts of favours, and more, that particular heat slow to cool, unlike everything else. There's no answer though, not other than half-formed plans for what will happen when they get home, after all the detours, his focus moving to the jewelry store, and then again to the basket of geodes. His gaze is focused on the ones Sunjata now combs through, smiling his approval at the one his husband chooses. It's impossible to tell what exactly he's looking for, but both offerings are satisfactory, as far as he's concerned.

There's just one thing that needs to be done to them, once the geodes are officially traded for, and they leave the shop. Nate's hand, the one not holding tight to Sunjata, is wrapped around the geode, fingers slowly shifting to rotate the stone until it fits snugly in his palm. "I think that sounds like a good plan, sonskyn." The recollection that the shrine is destroyed doesn't quite reach Nate at first, deemed less important than his current plan.

Nate turns them towards the outskirts of Haulani, eye scanning the ground more and more intently the further they walk from civilization, searching for something, though even when he stops, apparently having found it, it's unclear what exactly it is. The ascended steps out in front of Sunjata, a wide grin on his face. The geode in his hand rises, and is thrown to the ground, cracking in half surprisingly neatly, and revealing electric blue crystals within. Smug joy crosses his face as he gathers the pieces up, and does the same for Sunjata's stone, revealing a deeper blue crystal.

"Now these are offerings." He purrs, pointing them back towards the shrine. It's onyl a quick stop, a brief detour, on their way home. The last one they'll have, thankfully.

Fin
NATE