i once believed love would be b&w
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
there's a feeling i get when i look to the west,
& my spirit is crying for leaving.
It was a cliched and inappropriate thing that Remi had set off to do, but his mind was made up long before the day of their leaving had come. Perhaps it was to do with his own guilt for finally having his family under one roof, only to leave part of it behind. Perhaps it was his predatory instincts ramping up the closer they came to Leafchange. Perhaps it was a lot of things, but stupid was certainly one.

But luckily Ronin was with him.  Whether he would add to the stupid or help keep a lid on the alchemist was yet to be seen.  

"Zeph—!" The Lullaby calls, knocking on the man's door. Giving his counterpart a look of I know, I know!, Remi tries to school his expression into something not immediately menacing. Which, menacingly for the alchemist just looks like he's trying to ignore gas pains in his stomach.
in my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
& the voices of those who stand looking.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ronin
A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets
Ronin is here for moral support, but whether it’s for Zeph or Remi remains to be seen. He stands behind the alchemist with his arms folded, a smile playing at the corners of his lips as he bounces his eyebrows at his husband. ”I’m sure he’s going to treat her very well,” he informs him, giving him a nudge for good measure and turning around to scan the beach.

It’s a glorious LongHeat day, for what it’s worth, and the Star ruffles a hand up through the back of his hair as if to try and cool himself down. Whether it’s the weather or the encroaching change of season that has him hot under the collar is a thought for future-Ronin; for now, he’s just trying to get Remi out of this without blood on his hands.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

So you've now seen the former-governor face down a giant tiger, and the former-governess shoot stars from his.... mind? Tack on the fact that both of them are demigods and look to be made more from concrete than flesh, and it can be no surprised that you're a little wary about this meeting. Not that you have any actual way to protect yourself if shit goes south, but you do feel very slightly better with the panther gloves hanging on a peg near the door.

Fat lotta good that'll do.

You crack the door, see Remi's expression, and seriously consider shutting it again. Instead you steel yourself and open the thing in full, revealing yourself to be wearing nothing but shorts, your body soft and pliable compared to theirs. Man, you gotta work out more. Coffee colored eyes flicker between the two men, your face an impassive, vaguely pleasant mask beneath the scar. "Remi. Ronin. Heard congratulations're in order." Are you disappointed they didn't bring the baby? Yes. Yes you are.
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
The alchemist grumbles something under his breath at Ronin's comment. It isn't that he doesn't believe it, it's just...well. Mothers are people that Remi treasures very deeply, and though it's a selfish and rather dickish thing to do, he can't help but want to put the fear of all the gods into Zephyr. Or perhaps just one in particular.

"Mmm. Thanks." Remi replies with a distracted nod, his mind so focused on the task he'd come here for that he found the congratulations entirely disorienting. Dropping the facade of trying to be tough and intimidating, the alchemist expels a large breath and combs his fingers through his hair. "Listen, I'm here about Vai." He says earnestly, before nodding his head over his shoulder. "And Ronin is here to make sure I don't do anything...well. To make sure I don't do anything."

Biting the inside of his cheek, suddenly looking more nervous and boyish than full of wrath, he taps his foot animatedly into the sand as he tries to recall the words he's practiced over and over in his mind on the way over. "Listen. Sometimes you seem like a good guy, and then other times..." Times he was around Jack he seemed like a bit of a crook. There were times he seemed lazy and cowardly. All times he was perfectly human of course, but this was Vai they were talking about. "...and I know Vai can take care of herself, it's just.." None of those was going according to plan, and Remi can feel a heated blush colour his cheeks as he turns a frustrated glance back at Ronin, silently pleading for help.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ronin
A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets
Ever the more sociable of the two of them, Ronin offers a pleasant enough smile to Zephyr as the door opens, and he’s already reaching out to sling an arm around Remi. Maybe it’s just a gesture of affection; maybe it’s to keep the alchemist in place. Who knows? ”Thank you,” he says in echo of the congratulations. ”You’ll have to come by soon and meet him in person.” The Star playfully tugs at a wayward curl, as if anticipating Remi’s roaring protectiveness in advance.

Then his husband begins, and for a mighty predator there’s much more kitten than lion about him. So it’s Ronin to the rescue, the huntsman grinning to Zeph and nudging Remi a bit. ”What I think he’s trying to say,” he says, ”is that Vai is a very important part of all of our lives, and he wants to make sure that you look after her. Pretty sure he was almost insulting you in there, too, but I’ll spare you that much.”
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

And just as you're beginning to worry this will become some sort of brawl that you absolutely will not win, the tension leaves the room with all the explosive energy as a slowly deflating balloon.

It's frankly adorable, and as the once-governor goes on it takes every ounce of self restraint you have not to break into a shit-eating grin. The husband gets an amused glance, but most of your attention is focused on the kid in front of you, valiantly standing up for a mother figure. You've crossed your arms over your chest, and your expression softens steadily as the lad goes on; it's not until the almost-insult that you cave and let out an amused snort. "Oh, I know he's insultin' me," you reassure Ronin, the very beginning of a crooked smile tugging at your lip. Straightening up from your position on the door frame, you turn and begin to walk away, jerking your chin to indicate that they should follow. "Come in. Grab a seat. I'll get us somethin'a drink."

It doesn't matter if they take the table or one of the couches; you head straight into the liquor cabinet, grabbing three mismatched mugs and a bottle of rum, which you uncork with your teeth. With practiced grace you pour healthy quantities into each mug, talking as you do.

"Y'ain't wrong. I ain't one'a th'heroes. I'm a smuggler'n a crook'n it's been a helluva long time since I gave two shits 'bout anythin' other'n survivin'." You've set the bottle down now and pad over to the men, offering them each a glass. Sinking into a seat yourself, you regard the boys with surprising warmth, your weathered face tired and frank. "But I love Vai. Love'er somethin' fierce. Never thought I'd love someone again, an' it scares th'ever-lovin' shit outta me, 'cus I don' wanna fuck it up. 'Specially knowin' that if I do, a whole army'a overpowered super-kids'll be comin' fer my guts." You gesture to the men in front of you, chuckling slightly before growing serious again.

Leaning forward, you meet Remi's eyes as squarely as you might any business partner. "I know you'd prob'ly kill me if I hurt 'er, an' I respect th'hell outta that. I'd do th'same if it were my Ma." You've folded your hands in front of you. You're not trying to do anything but be honest, because the kid deserves that. You both love the same woman. You both want to see her happy.

You both know what it is to lose.
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Deflated though he's become, Remi's anger manifests in the curls and feathers that peak through his curls as he follows Zeph's invitation. The urge to smash something is still strong, and so the alchemist finds himself plucking a few errant feathers and twisting them anxiously between his fingers.

"Obviously if being good to Vai is because you're worried about us, is...well, not a good reason, and..." Squeezing his eyes shut as his words tumble out faster than his mind can formulate them, the alchemist gives his head a shake to try and declutter his lips. "I know that isn't why you'd be doing it, but yes, I would." Remi adds. Kill you, he means.

Downing the drink poured before him and looking to Ronin, eventually, the tension drains from the room and the men are able to speak more freely. The conversation moves from murder and mothers to where the boys plan to go, updates on Mateo, and promises to bring back anything shiny Zeph might be able to pawn off here in Torchline should they come across such things in their travels.

~FIN