honey and the moon
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i cut the ties and i jumped the tracks, for never to return
Remi can't remember a time he waited with such nervous anticipation before. Even if the face of his biggest moments, Ronin had always been there with him. They'd arrived together to their wedding after all. So it was an entirely foreign thing for the alchemist to have to pace in restless wonderment alone. His stomach was aflutter, dancing nervously with adrenaline that tickled the back of his thighs and kept his feet moving across the floorboards relentlessly. Retucking his shirt into his pants despite the fact that there was no need of it, Remi fusses with the jacket that he's chosen to wear. It suits him well enough, the earthen tones complimenting everything about the alchemist's rugged nature, but his wings keep trying to half-shift frustratingly beneath the material.

So when Ronin finally deigns to knock upon the door, it sends Remi's heart into his throat and his stomach up into his lungs making him feel lightheaded and energized enough to run a marathon.

Rushing toward the door and then pausing, not wanting to seem as though he'd been waiting so aggressively, he takes a breath, and tugs the door open.

Now, you might think this is a bit ridiculous, to be so excited for a date with a man to whom you've been married for...how long now? But it isn't. Not only because the world hasn't given the Lullaby and the Dark Star a moment's rest for the last two years, but also because quite frankly, were you married to Ronin Taliesin, you'd be excited every time too.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
It has been a very long time indeed since Ronin has been left alone to plan something.

Actually, that’s a lie - he’d planned their secret getaway for damn near a season, so perhaps it’s more apt to say that it’s been a very long time since he’s been given such a tight deadline.

And yet, here we are. So it’s either a very good sign or a very bad one, that when Remi opens the door, it will be to Ronin with a single tropical flower in hand, a devilish smile on his face, wearing nothing but his underwear.

”Good evening. This isn’t what it looks like,” he begins, swooping in to silence his husband with a kiss to his cheek. ”It’s just that I was thinking... That new magic of yours. I have a few memories that I think would make a very fine outfit this evening. Would you lend your date a hand, perchance?”

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
A few things.

Gods if the sight of the Star in his underwear isn't absolutely everything the alchemist has ever wanted. But also Remi was promised romance. A first date, if you will. Luckily though what the huntsman says next draws a crooked smile from lips previously opting for skepticism.

At the press of Ronin's lips on his cheek, Remi is filled with the Star's roguish mischief such that it ties his tongue and flushes his cheeks. Taking the flower and twirling it between his fingers as he raises it to his nose to inhale its sweet smell, Remi finally loosens his tongue enough to speak. "This is either the most creative plan you've ever had, or the laziest." He remarks, unable to help his smile.

"Alright then. Eyes closed." The alchemist chuckles, reaching out to lace his fingers through his husband's.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
”I assure you, it is not lazy. It took a great deal of thought to make sure everything was just so,” Ronin murmurs - and it’s true, that although he has appeared in his underwear, it’s his best underwear, and he has shaved properly and combed his hair and trimmed his nails and all that other stuff. Yes, the sea breeze has made his hair look the same as it always does within moments, but whatever.

And as Remi takes his hand, the Star lifts it to deliver a soft kiss to the back of his palm, before his eyes obediently slip shut. Ronin is not so clumsy as to reimagine what he wore for their wedding - no, this is a first date, after all - and so his memories conjure a suit back from his Northaven days. It’s a vivid memory, likely because this was for an occasion of importance, but it’s the suit he wants. A rustic thing in precisely Remi’s sort of taste, with splashes of warmth and colour.

”I have a gift for you too, once I am dressed.”

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Ronin's mind tugs the magic right out of Remi, and it's an odd thing indeed to just be the passive well from which someone else draws. Opening his eyes, Remi looks at the huntsman, his breath stolen and his heart stopped. For a moment it's all he can do to simply keep himself balanced, though he nearly reaches out for the wall to brace himself with. "Ronin.." He breathes, his husband's name a soft sigh across his lips. "I mean..gods you're...well, you're welcome. You look incredible." Remi's lips have twisted into a smile halfway through this, unable not to take at least some of the credit.

Reaching up to run a hand through his curls and abruptly stopping, Vai having helped scrunched them into something orderly, he opts for rubbing at the back of his neck instead. "What's this a memory from?" A wedding in Northaven, if he had to guess.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
Ronin blinks his eyes open and smiles down at the suit, taking a moment to fuss over the tie, though he does unfasten the arrangement of colourful whatever from his lapel, tossing it over his shoulder into the darkness. ”Thank you very much. This is much more like it.” He gives a polite little bow of gratitude, as a baron does, and releases Remi’s hand so he can lean down to collect a small box where he’s placed it next to the door (his underwear might be many things, but it doesn’t have pockets for much more than his dick, regrettably).

”This? Oh, it’s from the night before my brother left for the Wall,” he explains. ”My family held a grand dinner party for it. I was thoroughly hungover, and I came as my own date. Personally, I think I’ll do the suit more justice this time around.” He winks, slipping open the box to show Remi his gift. Well, a pair of gifts really - one for each of them.

Ronin’s is a lapel pin of copper and rose gold shaped into a hawk’s feather. Remi’s, of course, is a silver affair formed into stag’s antlers. Is the Star blushing? That’s his business.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi has never been bowed to in circumstances other than jokes between the pair of them, or in mockery from others. But just now? Not that he's ever wanted it before, but Remi feels as though he might be able to appreciate some of Northaven's loftier customs. Or perhaps it's simply that anything his husband does is entirely entrancing.

Listening to the origin of the suit, Remi's smile slips for a moment toward something more understanding, knowing the rather complicated history of the Taliesin's when it came to duty and dinner parties. "I see. Well, time will tell." Remi beams, though there is an attuned thread along the lines of plenty of time for you to make an ass of yourself, that threads itself between the two.

Now, it most certainly is not his business. Remi's breath stalls on the inhale as he peers into the box. For a moment his lips remain a surprise O, before trembling towards a sappy smile. "Gods. Most handsome, and now most thoughtful? There's going to be nothing left for me, by the time the night is over." Though the alchemist's fingers want to reach in for the pin to inspect its craftsmanship, his lips seek out the Star's first.

"Do most of your dates make it any farther than this? Because honestly, was the house not full of nosey women and babies, I'd suggest we not set a foot out that door." This is only half true though; Remi is very much looking forward to being out with Ronin, and the shaky stops and starts of his heart as it thuds on Ronin's finger give every indication of that.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Time certainly will tell," Ronin agrees with a smile that suggests he is very confident that he will make an ass of himself without too much prompting. Remi knows who he is going out on a date with, and anything less would be almost a disappointment by now. Still, before he can respond, his lips have been captured by his husband's, and it's all the Star can do not to let his hands wander to places that they really shouldn't, given that this is a first date and all.

"Mm... most sweet. Most charming. Most wonderful kisser. Those are just a few; I don't think you have anything to worry about," he mumbles against his lips, drawing back enough to take the antler pin from the box and carefully fix it to Remi's lapel. He gasps at the mere prospect of not going out, slipping his hand into the Lullaby's so he can give him a playful tug onto the porch. "I am a man of honour, I'll have you know. I'd never presume to make a move on you until I've properly wooed you."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh, I should think you've got most charming in the bag." Remi replies, the words almost clumsy as they leave his lips, so wide is his smile. It's likely a rare thing to be so smitten with the same person after so long. After seeing all their worst sides and attributes, but gods, if Ronin isn't still the only one Remi wants in all the world.

"Only you could show up just in his underwear and have that not be a move." The alchemist protests weakly, standing up straighter with the pin now on his lapel. Squeezing his fingers around Ronin's, feeling butterflies liftoff inside of his stomach and threaten to make their home in the back of his throat, Remi is easily led onto the porch. He only resists long enough to close the door behind them before he's entirely caught in the gravity of the Star.

"Genuinely, I can't really think of a time that I was excited for a date." Remi says with a crooked smile. In Northaven they'd only ever been with women, and here in Caido, well...any memories of dates and sweeter times had been removed from his mind.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
A rare thing it might be, but it's no less true for Ronin than it is for Remi, and the Star is all but dazzled by the adoring clumsiness of his husband's words. The door clicks shut behind them, officially marking the beginning of their date, and he lets the fingers of his free hand dance over the antler pin. "On any other day it might have been a move. But not right now," he says with a lopsided grin, lifting their hands up so he can brush his lips against the back of Remi's.

Then he's leading them off down the steps and out into the warm moonlight, and the mischief in his eyes suggests that he's more than excited for this little date as well. "I do hope that I don't disappoint," he murmurs, drawing Remi close against his side as hey stroll together, his arm sneaking around his waist. "Our first stop is the beach. Best dip our toes into the night, don't you think?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Everything about the night seems all the more crisp and tactile for having Ronin experience it with him. The warmth of the sea breezes as they shuffle in from the ocean, the sounds of mirth from Haulani, the cushion of sand beneath their feet. "With the magic I have...it makes me want to remember things all the more." For instance, Remi's lashes flutter nearly closed as he concentrates, a faint smile on his lips. In his hands a plate appears, with the vague shape of bread on it. No sooner does he open his eyes, than the object disappears entirely. "The day you and I first...spent time together...we had wine with bread and cheese. Only..I can barely remember it." This was evidenced by the fact that his magic could scarcely create anything more than a wisp before it all disappeared.

Shooting Ronin a crooked smile over his shoulder, utterly undone by the glint of moonlight in the Star's blue eyes, the alchemist nods. "Most certainly. We wouldn't want to jump in headfirst, now would we?" Not with this being a first day and all. Who knows what might happen if they did.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
Who knows, indeed? Ronin raises an eyebrow at the plate of bread that flickers in and out of existence in his husband's fingers, the Star smiling at the barely recalled memory. "I bet you could conjure up the knife from that fellow who stabbed me," he drawls, leaning across to press a kiss against Remi's temple, leading them down towards the long stretch of beach against Haulani. "Not that I'd like you to - I'm more interested in making new memories with you tonight. That way you can conjure them up over and over again."

Down they go, picking their way around pebbles and sand trails, until before them the beach sprawls out, dotted with tiny bonfires from others having parties or meals or merely sitting and enjoying themselves. One such bonfire is tucked back away from the others; there's a nimbus there, too, floating low enough to the ground for them to sit on it. And within the firepit comes the smell of barbecuing meat. "I thought it would be nice to to have each other to ourselves, before we go into town," Ronin explains.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Laughing at that, all shaky energy and an awkwardness he has absolutely no right to feel with a man he knows so well, Remi just shakes his head. "You know...I'm not sure if I ever mentioned, but that afternoon.." Remi's cheeks flush red, and not because of the kiss Ronin plants on one of them. "Having seen you naked earlier in the day, only to have you grab my hand and press it against you?" Pulling in a breath and shooting the Star a traumatized smile, the Lullaby cringes at the memory. "Gods, I knew you needed me to stop the bleeding, but...touching a man like that...It was not the sort of thing I did back then." Remi shivers at the memory, the delicious anxiety it had caused him then feathering his curls.

The smell of the meat has Remi's stomach rumbling in happy anticipation, but it's the idea of having each other alone for a while that is the real thrill. "How thoughtful." Remi croons, sliding his arms around the huntsman to tug him down onto the conveniently placed nimbus. "Gods, if I knew this is what dating you entailed, I wouldn't have proposed." He says with a laugh, reaching forward one of his feet towards the fire until the searing heat forces it back onto the sand.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Hmm?" Ronin glances across at his husband, a warm smile blooming across his face to hear him speak about those times back then, and he can't stop the easy laughter that bubbles to the surface. "And look at you now," he says softly, slouching down to sit on the nimbus with him, letting his fingers play through the perfectly scrunched curls without disturbing them too much. "It's hard to believe, all those times we were around each other. To your credit, you hid it very well. I wonder what you were thinking, when we were working together on those fireworks for my training session?" He grins.

Remi's stomach rumbles and Ronin's joins in, the Star scooting from the nimbus just for a moment to grab the couple of plates and some tongs he'd sequestered away. From the firepit he withdraws barbequed ribs, glazed pork and roasted pineapple, hunkering back to pass the Lullaby his portion, fully prepared to have to protect his own from the predator at his side.

"Oh? Is it that bad?" Ronin chuckles, deliberately taking another meaning from his partner's words as he tries to devour a rib without getting it all over his suit (didn't think that one through, did you Taliesin?)

"You know, the amount of times I considered kissing you, after I fell back from the stars... I'm surprised it took as long as it did."