the sound of the setting sun
God Quest turn-in
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
I collect the recently lightnin-shocked an’ blood-soaked dagger, place Hoa around my neck, an’ head out to the port. There’s a bit’a a swagger in my step, a certain kind’a confidence an’ ease with which I easy my way through the crowds - maybe it’s my companion, maybe it’s the sex, maybe it’s the weapon - don’t know exactly an’ don’t care. Whatever was missing before - that energy - is back, an I love the feel’a it. Feels like Torchline. Feels like Longheat. Feels like I’m alive.

When I get to the shrine I place the dagger at the base’a the shrine, but leave Hoa coiled around my neck an’ shoulders. Steppin’ back, I reach for the snake an’ run a few fingers down his smooth, dry body an’ feel the flicker of affection in my mind.

“I did the things,” I say into the air, tryin’ to take in the shrine as a whole, as I’m not quite sure where Ludo will appear. Guess I’m still a little wary about these things.

--------------

Kill something with the horn - https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=4382&pid=78992#pid78992

Zap the horn with lightning - https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=4384&pid=79274#pid79274
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ludo
Wary? Pfffffffff.

Yeah, Ludo appears over Raza's shoulders, on top of Hoa, so it can snuggle right up to them both. One soft slip of rag tickles the snake under the chin, as if Ludo can entice out that forked tongue it likes so much.

"You brought Hoaaa..." It's voice is sing-song, and there's no doubt that the deity is in a particularly good mood today. Or maybe it's just that Raza is in a good mood. Soon enough, at least, it notices the dagger, swooping over to it and conjuring it up to hover before it.

"Excellent. I like this very much, sweetling. Did we decide? A harpoon, was it?"
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I start a little at Ludo’s sudden appearance, jerkin’ my head to see it better. Hoa, however, is far more relaxed, almost immediately rising to its rags, leaning into the touch an’ flicking his little tongue to try an’ figure out more about the herald the only way he knows how. An’ if Hoa likes Ludo, well then that’s good enough for me, I spose.

“Of course. You asked.” An’ who am I to deny that to someone (someone?) who’s doin’ me a favor, ‘specially when it’s somethin’ so easy.

It’s compliment makes me smile, weirdly makin’ me feel like I’ve done… somethin’. Dunno what, but somethin’. “A trident, actually.” I almost feel bad, cause Remi put some time (admittedly not a whole lot of time, buttttt) into makin’ for me an’ now I’m just gonna scrap it for somethin’ else. “But if you could make the dagger part detachable so it’s a multi-use kinda thing, it’d be helpful.”

Aha! There’s the solution.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ludo
"Ooooo, a trident. Yessss." The dagger hovers before Ludo as it examines the weapon, the way it has been touched by lightning, the way it has been stained by blood. And it begins to spin in the air, until it is a mere blur before the two of them. A detachable dagger is not something that Raza asked for initially, and the porcelain mask will appear to raise its eyebrows over at her, as if simultaneously judging her moxie and being impressed by it. "Very well," it says.

And the dagger continues to spin, and then to spark, and shadows swarm out of Ludo to join it, lengthening the shape and adding two extra prongs. With a flash it is complete, shining before them in gleaming black metal - a trident with a sea panther's dagger as its chief point. "Take it," Ludo invites.

Raza has obtained the following:

Sea Panther Trident | A trident of gleaming black metal. The chief point is fashioned out of a pale, twisting horn, sharp as a razor, and may be detached as a dagger. The trident may deal additional Lightning damage once per thread.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
I watch, awe increasin’ as as the herald works its magic.

It spins, meets with shadows, and then grows longer an’ splits, turnin’ shiny until exactly what I want - no, more ‘n what I imagined. I miss the masks’ expression completely, not so aware that I had the moxie to ask for somethin’ more, but glad that it acquiesces. There’s a flash an’ we both close our eyes, openin’ ‘em to see the weapon before me. Doin’ as bid, I reach out to take it, feelin’ its heft in my hand, the warmth of the magic quickly fadin’ away.

I can’t help but smile, lookin’ at its points, the center one standin’ out. “It’s gorgeous,” I gush, feelin’ a lot like a lover lookin’ on a beautiful woman in bed. “Thank you.” Turnin’ back to the herald, I’m clearly overjoyed with the weapon an’ eager to try it out. Whatever ambiguity… or indifference? I might’a held towards the gods is starting to wane. I’m a Torcher, after all. I can be bribed.

{Fin}
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!