Plot Advancing PQ can't be an old fire if you're burning with a new flame
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
The lightning storms are easier to see at night; they crackle with an almost ominous energy, an ever-present obstacle to overcome. It’s one of the things that rankles the Wraith, tapping at the back of her mind insistently - there’s still more yet to be discovered. Still things she doesn’t know. That hunger is a challenge.

She knows enough about the storms now to believe that this is something that won’t be accomplished this go-around. Not without someone like Hotaru or Deimos (and she won’t ask the former general for a godsdamn thing if she can helpit ) or multiple magic crystals at their beck and call. Wessex sighs to herself. It needs to be done, but these are not… ideal circumstances. Oh well. Life goes on. Whilst mulling over the best strategy to get through the storm, the Queen waits at the far edge of the treeline for whomever is going to join her on this expedition, ready to caution them that it’s for exploration purposes only.

Dying isn’t on the agenda - not today, at least.

--------------

This is a PQ+ to explore the lightning storms to the SOUTHEAST of the HG -

Investigate the shifting storms: The elemental storm to the SOUTH EAST of the Grounds seems to be changing. The violent electrical blockade that has raged for nearly two years now seems to be fading somewhat, or so reports have indicated. In fact, a group of unicorns have recently returned from there.

Requirements: Speak with either Amalia, Deimos, Wessex, Bastien, or one of the unicorns who has recently returned f. Gather a group and head SE from the Grounds to explore the accuracy of what you've heard and make your way as far through the storms as possible. At least 2 residents of the HG must participate. No more than 4 may join this PQ+ -- DONE. AM WESSEX.
Difficulty: Medium
Reward: Learn information about the storms, and perhaps make your way farther than anyone else has…

Participants:
1. Wessex
2. Oliver
3. Samuel
4. Loren

48 hours to claim a spot. If Oliver doesn’t claim theirs, another may join.

-----------

Wessex has:

Type: Grey
Magical Crystal (1) | When (abandoned) magic is cast at this device, it can store the power and reuse it as controlled by the wielder. (Made by Remi)

Manufactured Adrenaline | a syringe containing a daily dose of adrenaline. Can be used once per thread. Raises all stats by 1 for one post and increases an ascendeds other senses for the duration of the thread.

Type: Light
Hot Springs Water | Water from the Frey’s Breath hot spring. It can heal the user with Mastered healing magic. One use only.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
And I won't regret the lives I didn't lead
I knew you, I loved you
Once again, Sam was in the position of having to prove himself and start over. It seemed he could not have a year of being the same man, of having the same beliefs, of growing in one place; he was forever changing, a shifting hybrid of ideas and forms and needing to make himself liked by new people every season that came.

Without his upgrades he knew he was less use than he had been before, but perhaps the Ascended (and Wessex in particular) would appreciate his bravery. He knew he was strong, at the least, and able to withstand at least some of what the storms would throw; as an Ascended he was less fearful of the electricity than others might be, though Sam still felt shiver travel up his spine as he looked upon the glowering, ominous clouds ahead.

I've put my lot in with the Voice for good now, forever. I need to do this.

Clenching his hands into fists, Sam walked forward to stand before Wessex, ready for her piercing judgement. "I'm here to help explore the storms. If...if you'll have me."

---

With him, Sam has:

Leather Prosthetic | Made to look like a glove placed over missing fingers, it also has the ability to move small objects telekinetically within a five-foot radius. (Made by Deimos)

Broken Spectacles | These glasses can translate certain texts, however because of the damage they do not do so with any reliability. (OOC: Will translate one plot-related text per season)
Let that be all that I need
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
You make my heart shake bend and break
The posting on the board immediately caught his attention. Oliver knew that he absolutely hadn't done enough to support his home, he hadn't applied himself. While he had tried his best to help, there was far too much room to grow.

So he immediately took his opportunity to put himself out there and hopefully help out, despite how wary he felt.

Packed were all the essentials. Some of his magical items, three daggers (each stored in a unique place), water, some basic medical supplies, among other things.

His arrival was quiet, but he hoped he would be welcomed. With him were multiple supplies, including a couple of things to give to Wessex. "Hey, hope you're willing to have me join you." As he spoke he revealed two metal rods in his hands. "Metal attracts lightning, yeah? I know I cant hold them... but maybe you can?" And with that he holds them out to Wessex before turning his attention to Sam.

Ah yes, Samuel. The guy who told him he was gonna fucking die. "Unless you want one too?" Be nice, Oliver. Don't chomp the dude's head off.

Oliver has brought with him the following item:
Incense | When lit, this incense has a calming effect on all those with in 10ft

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
OLIVER
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren

You gotta go after the things you want
While you're still in your prime
Loren had gotten back to the Hollowed Ground just in time to see the note that Wessex had posted. Although he didn't think she'd be all that glad to have him along, he needed to start making up for his monumental mistake with the metal. So he'd gathered a few supplies, tucking some in his belt, one on his head, and the rest on a necklace around his neck.

Then he'd shown up, alone. Nodding at the Wraith, Samuel, and Oliver, the healer glanced at the rods the blacksmith held. Then the Firebrand focused his gaze on the Queen, having caught the tail end of his fellow hybrid's words. "I unfortunately don't have earth or lightning magic, but I have healing, summoning, and water magic and animal compulsion. And I can summon a lightning dragon, which might be able to take a few hits." He shrugged, not having been able to test that latter hypothesis before.

Loren brings the following:

Unicorn Horn: Imbued with minor healing abilities (upgraded level)

Type: Dark
Feather Pouch | A pouch that renders the Spark Bird's feather safe while it is inside. (Made by Remi)

Type: Dark
Feather of the Spark Bird | Provides a constant source of light, and can be used to start fires from even the most inflammable of objects and even in terrible conditions (rain, wind, etc).

Magical Amulet | When (abandoned) magic is cast at this device, it can store the power and reuse it as controlled by the wielder. (Made by Remi)

Mind Cap | Blocks basic mental-magic. For upgraded, blocks them if Loren's END is +5 higher than the END of the caster, and +10 for mastered magic.

Mageglass Pendant | A large, prismatic stone suspended from a chain of silver. This pendant doubles the power of any magic that the user wields.
There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
Well, off you go, you four. Wessex knows the way, so she's probably the best to follow.

You know that there is going to be a shit ton of lightning ahead. Deimos' lightning rod has been almost entirely destroyed by the highwinds and heat of the storm, but it still serves to attract 20% more lightning than were it not there altogether. The tunnels created have been entirely filled in, however.

Your randomly chosen order is: Loren, Wessex, Samuel, and Oliver. Please post within 48 hours of the person before you. And to ensure that nothing is missed, please include a summary of your actions at the bottom of your post, including the description of any magic/items/feats that are being utilized!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren

Loren continued speaking, looking again at the rods that Oliver had brought along. "Why don't we have my dragon take the rods and see if it can survive some strikes or at least direct them away from us?" With that, the healer would summon the dragon in question, which was black and scaled and looked remarkably like a certain Flood's shift.

Almost daintily the Firebrand would have it retrieve the rods from the blacksmith (one with its mouth, one with its front left claw), assuming the other man gave it up. Regardless, Loren would command it to fly up and as far ahead of them as his magic could reach, before venturing into the storm after it.

Loren summons his lightning dragon and has it take the rods from Oliver (if Oliver agrees). Regardless, the dragon will fly into the storm as far ahead of the group as Loren can manage, and he will venture into the storm after it.

Base Summoning : Can summon 1 large or 2 medium or 3 small animals or 3-types of mythical creatures of any size
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Mageglass Pendant | A large, prismatic stone suspended from a chain of silver. This pendant doubles the power of any magic that the user wields.
And a waste of time
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
“We can’t hold them either,” Wessex says to Oliver with a shake of her head, “but our shadows probably can.” An Ascended certainly can’t withstand lightning, but there might be a way around this for the odd quartet.

She directs her shadow and Sam’s to take the lightning rods and drag them behind them for now as they set out, Wessex taking the lead. “There’s a lot of lightning in there,” she says to the group. “And little rabbits that disappear when lightning is about to strike, so, and I can’t stress this enough, watch the rabbits and when they disappear, you need to move.

Not sure if Loren heard her or not, she doesn’t let her shadow give the lightning rod up - more than a little worried that the dragon might just… get electrocuted, die, and drop the rod somewhere in the middle of all that. Best to hang on to one.

Turning to Oliver, she says to him as Loren disappears ahead (and no offense, but if he wants to wander in there ahead of everyone, fucing go for it, but it’s poor teamwork). “Can you tunnel That's what we tried last time and it more or less worked?”

-----------------------

Wessex tells everyone to watch the rabbits and lets the shadows give up one lightning rod to the dragon.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
I knew you, I loved you
Sam followed the group, feeling spectacularly unprepared and vulnerable without his upgrades, but it was too late to turn back now. He listened to the conversation about the lightning rods, not saying anything. He was quite content to follow along and do what was asked of him, not confident enough in this environment to insist on anything else.

"Watch the rabbits. Right." He nodded, scanning the horizon before him left and right as he stepped forwards, thankful to have a job he could do. With no way to assist with the tunnelling Oliver was asked to do (unless he wanted a handful of dirt moved telekinetically), Sam tried to do the best he could with what he had, trying his best to observe the path ahead and be prepare to call out if he saw one of the creatures disappear.

--
Sam watches for rabbits ahead!
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Eyes shift amongst everyone in attendance. The next to join was Loren and Oliver found himself raising his eyebrow. The last Oliver had seen the man is when he was horrifically sick. Oliver... had zero ideas what the fuck the two of them were doing and at this point, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know.

Turning to look at Wessex, he made sure to pay attention. While Loren did ask for the rods, he decided against it seeing as Wessex was confident in the shadows. "Sorry Loren." It was quiet, but for the better. Wessex was leading this and so he had to trust her. At least he had one rod? Seeing as Samuel didn't take his.

This trust continued as she explained the rabbits. Oliver would volunteer to look for the rabbits before she asked him to do something pretty damn important. "Oh- sure sure, yeah." And with that, he started.

Using a combination of mastered telekinesis and earth magic, he'd start to move away dirt and rocks to begin tunneling down. The tunnel wouldn't be massive, but large enough for them to move through. The offer was thrown out to Samuel and Wessex, but he didn't even glance over towards them, far too occupied with his current task.

Oliver combines Telekinesis and Earth magic to being tunneling!!!

Base Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

OLIVER

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
Loren 's dragon flies toward the storm (*see note below for why it doesn't have the rods). With lightning magic though it might have, it is not impervious to the element that it wields. As the highest point around, the lightning centers around the creature, thrashing and bombarding it with heat and static shocks that drain the summoned-creature's pseudo-life and ability to fly, leaving it only around half health at this point.

The group is able to evade the lightning strikes that strike like sudden pillars of light all around. Not far into the storm at all, it's relatively easy thus far. Deeper in however, it will of course become a problem.

Oliver is able to open the ground up, making a hole 10ft deep which arcs downward at first.

Oliver's rods weren't included in the items brought, so they aren't going to count. Sorry for being strict, but the OOC notes are there for a reason!

Oliver, for tunnelling, I'm going to need dimensions of what you're trying to do, please! Since you have 30ft of earth which can be moved each post.

Your randomly chosen order is: Loren, Wessex, Samuel, and Oliver. Please post within 48 hours of the person before you. And to ensure that nothing is missed, please include a summary of your actions at the bottom of your post, including the description of any magic/items/feats that are being utilized!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren

Well Loren's experiment didn't go as planned: he winced as the the dragon he summoned was struck repeatedly by lightning and the damage became clear. It started to plunge as flying became more difficult for it and he sighed, shaking his head. Dismissing the creature, he beat a hasty retreat towards the group and the tunnel Oliver had opened up.

The healer had heard Wessex, but there hadn't been any sign of the rabbits so it was a moot point anyway. "I can try to shore up the tunnel a bit." He wasn't going to be super useful underground, but he'd do what he could. Heading into the tunnel, he activated his telekinesis, using it to try and pack the earth and shore up the walls as best he could.

Loren dismisses the dragon as attempts to exit the storm and enter the tunnel, where he'll use telekinesis to try and shore up it up!

Base Telekinesis: Can move small objects in a 5ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

And a waste of time
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Hmmmm, there goes a major element of the plan. Guess they’ll just have to hope they’ve brushed up on their dodging skills.

While keeping an eye out for lightning, Wessex nods at Oliver's acceptance and action. “Great, we want to go that way,” she points towards the center of the storm and hopes that Oliver follows the direction well enough. After Oliver uses his magic, Wessex will attempt to move to the edge of her magic radius and try to maximize the amount of earth moved by borrowing his earth magic with her re-resonance. “Loren and Sam can you follow behind us and solidify behind us?” Without unicorns to bring through this time (hopefully) she tries to keep the dimensions to something a bit more stable. None of them are particularly tall so hopefully a 6.5 ft ceiling will do, and 8 ft for width? You know, in case they have to sprint out again.

----------------

Wessex keeps an eye out for lightning while they're still above ground and then goes into the tunnel, to the edge of her magic radius to use borrow Oliver’s earth magic and continue tunneling towards the center of the storm.

Magic: Magic Re-Resonance | When abandoned magic is cast within 10ft of Wessex, she can duplicate the ability at its upgraded level once.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
I knew you, I loved you
For the moment, Sam didn't see any signs of danger. The lightning was easy enough to avoid, though he could see the stronger concentrations further on, where it would become more difficult to weave between the strikes. When Oliver made the hole in the ground, intending to begin a tunnel, he carefully climbed inside.

Well, he couldn't look for rabbits in here, and had little he could do to help solidify the walls...unless he took up Oliver's offer. He really didn't want to; the last time he had drank from someone had gone disastrously and it only ever seemed to lead to complications, especially with someone like Oliver who he had no interest in sexually...there was nothing to help it, he supposed. "Oliver, could I very quickly drink? So I can help with the tunnel?" He asked.

If he said yes, Sam would take his wrist and bite into it with his fangs, drinking as fast as he could without choking or making Oliver sick. There was no time to prolong it, and the quicker the process, the less chance there was of things growing awkward. Sam himself, used to biting Zeph and controlling his own feelings by now, showed no outward signs of arousal or discomfort.

--

Sam climbs down into the hole and asks Oliver if he can drink from him. Assuming Oliver says yes (as he offered), Sam drinks.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
Thankfully, all goes to plan and the start of a tunnel is built. Following in after everyone else, Oliver made his way down the shaft before looking at what they had to work with. Already, Loren and Wessex were at work, but something caught his attention before he could immediately begin.

Sam asks very politely, despite Oliver stating it would be okay. Honestly, it was nice since it gave Oliver a warning in time. "Of course" With a small nod and his wrist was held up for the man. Oliver... has zero experience in actually hiding the feelings brought on by a bite, but he does try his best. He bites down on his lip and looks forward. Once the bite was done, instead of mentioning anything, he focuses his attention on the growing tunnel ahead of them.

Following in Wessex's lead, he will work towards growing the tunnel in front of them. Building one that is 8 feet wide and 6.5 feet tall. If possible, he will tunnel 30 feet forward.

After Sam is bites him (because Oliver allowed him to), Oliver will work on building the tunnel forward. He will build the tunnel 8 feet wide by 6.5 feet tall. He will make it go 30 feet straight forward.

OLIVER