Plot Advancing PQ can't be an old fire if you're burning with a new flame

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Well, things go faster this time around, presumably because Wessex has told the group that trying to trek across the surface is more or less futile at this point. But beneath the surface things are not entirely what they seem. Oliver is not able to tunnel as far forward as he might have liked, having to pause to let Samuel drink long enough to take his abilities. Still, with Loren's pendant increasing the strength of his telekinesis and Wessex duplicating Oliver's ability, the group moves steadily forward.

So long as everyone keeps tunnelling and there is sufficient attention paid to keeping the tunnel structurally intact, this...seems like a rather good plan.

Notes: If someone drinks from anyone, i'm going to half the remaining time of their turn. So if you cast magic, it'll be basically at half strength/distance. Oliver can be drunk from 3 times before he'll pass out from blood loss (Same for Loren if he's drunk from, or he'll need to spend his turn healing himself).

Your randomly chosen order is: Loren, Wessex, Samuel, and Oliver. Please post within 48 hours of the person before you. And to ensure that nothing is missed, please include a summary of your actions at the bottom of your post, including the description of any magic/items/feats that are being utilized!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren

You gotta go after the things you want
While you're still in your prime
Nodding at Wessex's suggestion, Loren pressed to the side of the tunnel to let her and Oliver pass. As Sam requested a drink from the blacksmith, the healer eyed the two men. Waiting for the intimate moment to pass, he cleared his throat when the bookmaker finally finished. "Holler if you need healing." The Firebrand nodded at his fellow hybrid.

With that Loren waited patiently for the folks in front to construct the next section of the tunnel. Following behind them, he stretched out his arms as far as they could go to reach more of the earth. Activating his telekinesis again, he'd pack the dirt as tightly as he could once more, shoring up the walls and ceiling as best he could.

Loren follows along behind Oliver and Wessex and shores up the tunnels with telekinesis.

Base Telekinesis: Can move small objects in a 5ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Type: Grey
Mageglass Pendant | A large, prismatic stone suspended from a chain of silver. This pendant doubles the power of any magic that the user wields.
There's a fine, fine line between love
And a waste of time
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
They seem to finally have some semblance of team work, and the Wraith can only hope that they continue to go in the right direction. Or there aren’t any mishaps. She moves forward when Oliver does, maintaining the edge of the magic radius as best she can while still making progress. “If anyone needs a break, say so,” she adds to Loren’s offer of healing. This isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon and it’s better to keep everything solid than to rush ahead.  

Keeping her eyes forward and her ears towards the surface, Wessex tries to gauge where they are and how deep and how much further they have to go. “If we could keep this tunnel and eventually use it bring the unicorns through later, that would be great,” she says to no one in particular. But the idea is out there - she wants to return the unicorns to their homeland when they can.

------------

If Oliver uses Earth magic again, Wessex will use her re-resonance and continue tunneling forward, standing 10 ft ahead of him.

Magic: Magic Re-Resonance | When abandoned magic is cast within 10ft of Wessex, she can duplicate the ability at its upgraded level once.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
And I won't regret the lives I didn't lead
I knew you, I loved you
Thankful that Oliver didn't make any fuss over the bite, not wanting to have to deal with that kind of awkward on top of the danger surrounding them in this moment, Sam took a couple of steps away and wiped his mouth before focusing to bring out the new magic in his fluid, the power crackling like fire as he felt it travel through him; he could never quite get used to the feeling.

As the tunnel before them grew, he concentrated on making sure any loose areas were solidified and packed back in, that anything too unstable was balanced and held up. If the tunnel fell, they had made their own graves, and Sam did not want to have to dig himself up into the lightning storms.

--
Sam uses the power he got from Oliver to make sure the tunnel is structurally sound as they go forwards.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Let that be all that I need
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
You make my heart shake bend and break
The blood has been drunk and Oliver is now completely free to act. Loren offers his healing services and Oliver responds with a light nod. "I'm fine for now, but if things go wrong: heal me as fast as you can." Seeing as Oliver was already lighter on blood, it was good to play this as safe as possible.

Wessex mentions unicorns and Oliver is... a tad confused, but goes with it. She worked with the unicorns before and clearly knows a lot more about it.

With his attention freed, he now focused on the tunnel. Thankfully, Samuel was working on making the tunnel sturdier, meaning he was able to continue working. Oliver will continue to move forward with tunneling, trying to tunnel forward for as much as he can, making sure that the tunnel maintains the same dimensions.

Oliver combines Telekinesis and Earth magic to help with tunneling!!!
He will make sure it stays 8 feet by 6.5 feet while tunneling as much forward as he can.

Base Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.

OLIVER

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Look at all of you and your teamwork. You're blazing through now. With Samuel and Loren keeping the tunnel structurally sound and Oliver and Wessex moving forward (nevermind where all that dirt is going),  you think you're making good progress. It's hard to know though, given that underground you've no idea if you're going the right way, what's above you, or if you're about to tunnel directly into some massive underground dragon.

It's like waiting for a jump scare that you know is coming, but you just can't look away (especially since it's now pitch black in here. Even with shifted eyes, only Sam and Wessex will be able to see).

Your randomly chosen order is: Loren, Wessex, Samuel, and Oliver. Please post within 48 hours of the person before you. And to ensure that nothing is missed, please include a summary of your actions at the bottom of your post, including the description of any magic/items/feats that are being utilized!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren

"What unicorns?" Loren frowned at Wessex's statement, not having been clued in to the previous trip into the lightning storms. Nodding at Oliver's comment, the healer realized the blacksmith wouldn't be able to see it, both because the Firebrand was behind his fellow hybrid and because it was pitch black. "Got it," Loren responded instead.

Keeping up the telekinesis and using it to continue stabilizing the tunnel as best he could under the circumstances, he focused on that and not trying to fall flat on his face. "Anyone got a light? Or can someone who can see guide me and Oliver?" He glanced vaguely in the direction he thought the Wraith and Sam were, though the healer was just guessing at this point.

Loren follows along behind Oliver and Wessex and shores up the tunnels with telekinesis.

Base Telekinesis: Can move small objects in a 5ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Type: Grey
Mageglass Pendant | A large, prismatic stone suspended from a chain of silver. This pendant doubles the power of any magic that the user wields.
And a waste of time
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
When Loren mentions that he can’t see, Wessex stops, not realizing that it was too dark for their shifted eyes. It’s probably as good a place as any to stop and reassess their progress. “If someone has anything that can be made into a torch, I can heat it up enough. Or, wait - Sam? Did we move any sticks along the way?” she says, asking him if perhaps there’s something else in this dirt other than… dirt. If there is something they can burn, she will use her laser eyes to light it on fire.

“Let’s pause a minute.” Forget the unicorns, kids, it ain’t important right now. Turning to Loren and Oliver, the ones with shifts and other animal-abilities, she has an idea. “Can either of you see what’s going up above ground with your Attuned abilities? I want to make sure we’re going in the right direction.” She knows that at least Loren can compel animals for assistance, but is unaware of the level of communication they can provide, if any, to the folks below. “Maybe a mole or something could pop its head out? Or... guide us?” She shrugs. It’s probably a long shot - but it is worth trying, she thinks.

--------------------

Wessex calls a halt and asks if they moved any sticks along the way. If there are sticks, she will use her laser beams to heat it up and light it on fire. She also asks if someone can compel animals to help them keep going in the right direction.

Magic: Angry Eyes | Can shoot laser beams from her eyes. Target must be within 30ft. Deals heat damage to soft surfaces, with a 50% chance to disorient characters if the light goes in their eyes (a dex roll on her part). Can also cut through small objects, and heat medium-sized objects.
Type: Dark | Rank: Upgraded

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
I knew you, I loved you
"Oh--" Sam had not thought about those without Ascended eyes, so used to his upgraded vision that it had not even occurred to him that they would not be able to see. Frowning at Wessex's question, he took a perfunctory look around, but was already pretty certain that this far down, in the area they were in, there would not be anything to burn. "I can't see anything, sorry. Maybe we could guide them?"

His control over Oliver's Earth magic had slipped from his fingers at the pause; hearing Wessex ask about their abilities he wondered if he might be able to use them both more. Sam was not overly fond of regular drinking, but if needs must... "Loren," He spoke, once Wessex had finished. "Is there any chance I could drink from you too, so I can continue to help? Since I lost my upgrades..."

Assuming Loren agreed, he'd step forward, gently touching his elbow first to let him know he was near, then drink from his wrist - again, just enough to get the power he needed.

--
Sam pauses, looks for sticks (nope) and asks Loren if he can drink from him, then does so. (Crooks said Loren would say yes)
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
You make my heart shake bend and break
Before Oliver can continue tunneling, the group is first halted by Loren and then officially by Wessex. His eyes squint and he attempts to shift them into that of his fox, a creature with keen nightvision... and nothing? "There has to be magic, yeah? Otherwise, I should be able to see." It's obvious as hell, but Oliver makes a point of mentioning it. 

A frown crosses on his face and Oliver shakes his head. "I... I cant summon like that, or I don't think I can." Wit that, he makes an attempt to call a small, burrowing creature to their help. Hoping that maybe, his abilities were better than he thought. As well, with nobody being able to find any twigs or sticks, he makes another attempt. 

Combining his creation, earth, and telekinesis, Oliver tries to make a few sticks for Wessex. 

Oliver attempts to: Call a like-minded creature. One that can burrow. He also attempts to make a few sticks.

Can call like-minded animals for assistance (1 large, 3 medium, 5 small, from the same animal family)

Base Creation: Can create small non-magical items (up to 5 in a thread). Items disappear at the end of a thread and are very crudely made. Must be combined with a base (or higher) magical element.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Base Telekinesis: Can move large objects.

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.

OLIVER

Change author:
Samuel successfully drinks from Loren, now successfully having sexually frustrated both non-ascendeds in the party. Yay! Oliver is able to make a few crude sticks using his creation and earth magic. However as Wessex 's eyes land upon the sticks, she succeeds only in heating them up, which causes them to dry out. They'd make excellent kindling now if only there was a spark (like from a certain queen's claws). (Hmm, if only one of you could summon a creature made entirely of light..).

There don't seem to be any animals within range of Oliver 's magic who heed his call.

the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren

As Sam drank from Loren, he tried to stay silent. However, he couldn't stop the low moan from escaping from his lips. Cheeks flushing from embarrassment and pleasure, he rubbed at the bite mark before dropping his hand when he realized what he was doing.

Taking deep breaths to try and calm himself, he bit his lower lip. "I can make light. But I don't think I can do that, compel a creature, and help reinforce the tunnel. So Oliver or Wessex, one of you is going to have to take over that last part, at least temporarily." With that his brow furrowed in concentration.

Reaching out with his mind and magic, he tried to do two things simultaneously, praying that both would work. First, he tapped into his summoning. He had heard of will o' wisps in the Greatwood but never seen them. However he hoped he could summon three of them to light the tunnel.

At the same time the healer quested out with his compulsion. He would try to order any animals in range to either tell him the or help show them the right direction to move in. If the animals had to poke their heads aboveground to do it, so be it

Loren attempts to summon will-o-wisps to light the tunnel. At the same time he tries to compel any animals within range to tell him or show him the right direction to tunnel in.

Base Summoning : Can summon 1 large or 2 medium or 3 small animals or 3-types of mythical creatures of any size
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
Will-O-Wisps are listed as common in the Guidebook with no star.

Beastmaster | can compel any animal for assistance (6 large, 12 medium, or 20 small)
And a waste of time
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Aight, well the stick-smoldering doesn’t quite go as planned. So she unsheathes her claws and strikes them against each other, hopefully providing enough sparks to light the sticks on fire - once done, she makes no move to take them, but leaves them in Oliver’s hands for now.

Other than that, she is content to wait and see what kinds of information the animals Loren compels can provide. Part of her wonders if she ought to try and compel some creatures too, but then there’s the risk of them all coming back to report at once… so instead, the Wraith nods to Loren and says simply, “Let’s see if they can give us any info before we go on.” And if not, then she supposes they’ll just blindly continue on until they decide to surface.
----------------------
Wessex tries to create sparks to light the sticks by striking her claws together.

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
I knew you, I loved you
At least Oliver had had the self-control to not moan; Sam awkwardly shuffled away from Loren, averting his eyes to the ground. How he wished there could be a bite that came without that element, though he supposed then it was far less likely people would want him to do it in the first place. He now had Loren's powers within him, could feel the strong magic in his veins, but held onto it as what to do was discussed; he certainly didn't want to waste it.

Seeing Wessex attempting to make sparks to light the sticks, he stepped back, anxious of the fire that could be made. For the moment unable to see a way he could help until they continued going on down the tunnel, he watched Loren to see what they might learn.

---

Sam takes a couple steps away from Wessex's sparks. Other than that, he waits to see if they get any info from Loren's compelling.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!