I can tell just what you want
Ronin!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
you know i'm gonna change, things just don't stay the same no more
Remi and Ronin were leaving. And while Sunjata understood, there was still a part of him that would absolutely miss his best friend while he was out adventuring. Longheat continues to rampage through with its warmth along Aumakua, Sunjata deciding to leave most of his belongings back at the Slagveld, including his companion, and arriving on the doorstep of Ronin and Remi’s with a small little box in his hands.

Because obviously, Sunjata won’t let Ronin leave without saying goodbye. Nor would Sunjata let Ronin leave without giving him something of a thanks for all the bullshit he’d put up with while Sunjata had been sick.

He doesn’t wait for an answer upon knocking on the door either, instead after announcing his presence, he opens the door and slips right through — casting a glance around in search of the Star.
you know i'm gonna break your fading heart
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
the baffled king composing hallelujah
"Don't say anything. Not a single word more. Just... close the door as quietly as you can and for fuck's sake don't trip over anything when you go to sit down." Ronin's words are hushed, like he's a soldier delivering orders to the rest of his troop, and as he emerges into the lounge it will become very clear exactly why.

The Star has never looked better, honestly, and that's even with minor dark circles ringing his eyes and a wrinkled shirt. He's left the rest of the house to nap (and oh, that's a cursed word lately, he's sure of it), so Sunjata catches him in a rare moment alone. Except not actually alone, because bundled against his shoulder and snoring quite obnoxiously into his neck is a curly haired infant.

Ronin doesn't remember who actually knows about their new addition to the family, and he feels like Sunjata should know, but hells, it might have slipped his mind to say something to him in person. Still, the huntsman grins across to his best friend as he creeps further into view, headed for the couch on light feet, and eventually sinking down onto it. "Success," he hisses.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Ronin’s words are hushed, but Sunjata can hear them clear as day with the earring that sits in his ear. Brows raise and the package shifts in his hands, but Ronin rounds the corner and he understands why. There’s a mix of emotions, really, surprise and shock, happiness, confusion as it all filters through the attuned bond. Sorry. He shoots down the bond as he shuts the door silently behind him and moves over carefully toward the space Ronin suggested for seating.

Sunjata hasn’t really been around children much, doesn’t know the first thing of what to do, but seeing the happiness that floods Ronin it’s only reflected on Sunjata’s own face. He takes a seat, on the other side of the couch, slowly as not to disturb the child in Ronin’s arms, setting the gift down to the side of him as he turns to face his friend. Congratulations. He hums, gaze lifting to meet Ronin’s face, that smile still soft and full of happiness, though it is laced with a ‘now what’ or ‘I can come back later if it’s easier’, the Flood clearly at a loss.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"You don't have to apologise," Ronin says, his voice reaching a more normal level now that the unknown that is Sunjata has been resolved. "And you can talk, too, I promise. He doesn't mind voices, it's just... the rest." Slamming doors, creaking floorboards, the stairs, the icebox, you name it. "Thank you. It... he's a bit of a surprise." To spare Sunjata the pain of so many questions, he gives the Flood the cliffnotes version of events. Dream magic, an imaginary paradise, Mateo's appearance in it, Ludo's interference and... voila.

"So yeah. He's... a little bit Remi and a little bit me. I don't even believe it still, some days." Huffing out a breath, he absently lets his fingers run along the sleeping babe's back. Bundled in only a thin blanket because of the heat, he barely even stirs, his tiny hands balled into fists that seem determined to cling to any awkward bit of Ronin that they can. His chest hair, he's learned, is a favourite. "You alright? Not one for kids?" He grins; he could have fooled him, with Seren.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Part of him feels like he has to apologize, but he takes Ronin’s advice, nodding lightly in agreement. “Alright.” He rumbles quietly, hoping the baby doesn’t stir. But there’s an edge of a wince on his face as the word leaves his lips, the uncertainty of it all shining out. But he peers at the boy, seeing the similarities of Ronin and Remi mixed within, the information offered that has some sort of dawning realization over him. “That’s wonderful.” And he means every word of it.

The question of whether he’s alright, whether he’s not one for kids. That question grabs a raise of his brow, attention focusing on Ronin’s face with a huff of a laugh, as quiet as he can be. “I’m sure you remember how Korofi treated their children.” He murmurs, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug. “Wouldn't know where to start, really.” They seem so fragile compared to the largeness of Sunjata.

But he grabs the box now, lifting it up in Ronin’s view. “I brought you a parting gift but you can open it later, given that your hands are full.” He offers, setting the box on the coffee table in front of the couch, edged a bit more toward Ronin.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"It is. I didn't think, after Seren..." Ronin scrunches his nose and shakes his head; he doesn't have to extrapolate all that much for Sunjata, after what they've been through and all that they've learned about each other. And that makes his next point hit home all the more, the Star's expression softening as he nods in understanding. "Well," he says slowly, "this isn't Korofi, and you've got a perfect opportunity right here." He grins. And then Jata gives him the perfect opening, Ronin arching a curious eyebrow at the parting gift.

"You can't expect me to leave that there until later," he says, scooting a bit closer and gazing at the other man with a look Jata will probably know well - half mischief, half challenge. "You can hold Mateo, and I will open my gift?" He says it like it's a question, but Ronin is already carefully cradling the infant away from his shoulder. It's not a question, and the Flood will realise that pretty instantly.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A nod of understanding is given toward Ronin, not needing to dive into that wound so much, not when it was still fresh for the Star along everything else the man has gone through. At the mention of opportunities, though, Sunjata’s brow raises toward his friend, obviously missing the point. “I… guess.” He murmurs, not fully committing until Ronin’s moving again and admitting he can’t leave the gift until later.

That look already has Sunjata wanting to shy away from it, a moment of panic as Ronin leaves no room for debate and Sunjata’s floundering. “I don’t know if that’s a good idea..” He trails off, already bubbled up with the urge to flee as Ronin shifts Mateo from his arms. And there’s a moment of realization of “oh shit I’m not getting out of this, am I?” that has Sunjata’s instincts overriding, face edged with a hint of a grimace, opening himself up for Ronin to transfer the child to his arms.

Incredibly reluctantly, might we say.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Sunjata." Ronin's voice is suddenly warm and just a bit authoritative, the Star offering his friend a reassuring smile. "Hold my son, please." Carefully, he settles the boy in the other man's arms, adjusting the blankets and ensuring that his head is supported, before sitting back and stretching mightily. Yes, Jata has also just given him a break, and he is very appreciative of that fact. For his part, Mateo barely stirs, though he does grizzle a bit before settling again.

"See, you're fine. A natural, you might say." Ronin winks, before leaning over to snag the box on the coffee table. He gives it a gentle shake (obviously) and shoots a suspicious glance across at his friend before he opens it up to peek inside.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His head snaps up the moment Ronin’s voice reaches him, the authoritative edge within it having him immediately stilling and doing what it is Ronin wished. To hold the boy in his arms, stilling as Ronin adjust the blankets. The weight of the boy in his arms is strange, suddenly feeling like a bull around fine china, the fragility within the bundle in his arms leaking out in such a way that leaves Sunjata stiff, staying still exactly where Ronin had placed Mateo in his arms.

Ronin assures him he’s fine and a natural, though the Flood feels the exact opposite, a breath puffed out awkwardly as he tries to cover the awkwardness. “Open it, please.” He rumbles, accent far thicker with the way he’s distracted by trying not to wake up the sleeping child in his arms, unsure of what he can and cannot do.

Inside the box, Ronin would find a deck of cards, Torchline themed for obvious reason seeing as he picked it up here. It still had the hearts, clubs, spades, and diamonds, but instead of the typical royal look of the jack’s and up, edged with palm trees and smuggler looking folk.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
No matter how uncomfortable Sunjata might be feeling, clearly Ronin does not have any issue with him holding the baby, because he's absorbed by the gift he's been given. Taking out the deck of cards to flick through them with a dexterity and skill that suggests he's done it more than once before, he grins across at the Flood. "How the fuck did you know?" he asks, slouching back into the sofa for a moment to merely enjoy shuffling them for the first time. "I haven't owned a deck of cards in a very long time."

Then, of course, he realises that Jata is ramrod straight with Mateo, barely breathing, and he chuckles and puts the deck back in the box. "Thank you," he says. "Do you... want me to rescue you, or teach you what to do?" He tilts his head, reaching over to let a finger ghost across the infant's cheek. "You can relax a bit, either way. I promise he won't break."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata remains stock still as Ronin pulls out the cards and flips through them, the words cutting across to him – an easy distraction versus the child in his arms. “Seemed like the type to enjoy them. Also gives you something to do with the time on your hands out traveling.” He rumbles, feeling the way  Mateo stirs ever so slightly with the rumble of Sunjata’s voice that has him sucking in a breath and holding it.

There’s a slow dip of his nod as a ‘you’re welcome’ in lieu of speaking – only when Ronin begins to speak again – a hand reaching out to brush against the baby’s cheek, Sunjata’s steel gaze flicking to the Star with all of his uncertainties. “I don’t know.” Sunjata manages, exhaling slowly to not disturb the child more than he already has – already an unfamiliar body, an unfamiliar heartbeat from what the child was used to. “I’ve… I’ve never held a baby before.” He offers, flashing an awkward, apologetic smile.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Oh, believe me. They'll be well loved. You and I will have to have a game or two before I go," Ronin says, his expression softening as he eyes his best friend. "I'm still coming to that wedding celebration, by the way. We might be going away, but we're not gone." He flashes him a smile, scooting up next to the Flood as he apparently malfunctions in the presence of Ronin's son. But it makes sense, as he continues, and the Star raises his eyebrows at the other man. "You what?" He sounds adorably perplexed, like he thinks Jata might be exaggerating.

But no, he still doesn't seem to be breathing or moving at all, and that's probably the first thing to remedy. "Okay, well... now you have, and it's all going fine so far," he begins. "You can move around a bit, you know. He's more likely to wake up if you're nervous. He's a baby, not a bomb."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A slow dip of a nod is given again, still unsure how far he can push it, how far he can go with moving before Mateo protests. So far so good, however, the child settling in surprisingly fine despite Sunjata’s tension. “I’ll be glad to have you there. How do I reach you while you’re gone?” A raise of his brow given back, before the moment that Sunjata drops the ball on Ronin – the tone leaving him in an almost cute way that has Sunjata visibly wincing against it.

I told you.” He rumbles, that awkward smile still staying there. “I tried to stay as far away from children as I could.” He admits a bit quieter, a lower rumble leaving his throat, a brief stirring of Mateo in his arms before the child settles again and Sunjata’s entire focus goes onto Ronin – listening, letting lose a quiet breath slow and steady to try and even it out, to keep his heart from thundering.

And he tests it out again, leaning back briefly into the couch a bit more, still cautious and careful, anxiety lingering in his movements. “What if he cries?” The second Mateo cries, the child is going back in Ronin’s arms.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin's smile falters for just a second, because he doesn't actually know how the heck people are meant to get in touch with them, only that it's something that seems important. "That's a work in progress," he says sheepishly. "We're gonna figure something out before we get going." He wouldn't miss his best friend's wedding party for the damned world.

Then they're talking about kids and Mateo and how Sunjata is apparently useless with children, and he reaches across to ruffle the Flood's hair, apparently unworried about disturbing his son. Or maybe he's just more trusting of Jata than the man feels about himself. "Babies cry," he points out, smirking as the infant wiggles and stirs. "Our job's to figure out what they're crying about."

Slowly, the babe opens his eyes, unfocused as he opens his mouth in a mighty yawn. No wailing yet, luckily.