call me back
Luciana!
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
it's cold, it's dark, it's deep and it's wet
and you ain't gonna make it if you don't let someone in
So the tunnels were ridiculously confusing. Sera has brought along a little map to try and keep their wits about them, an empty page she can fill with the path they take so they can make it out, and eventually she can finally hear the sound of crashing water. Silently, she thanks Frey, audibly, she sighs a sharp breath of relief. Levi lifts from her shoulders, moving to fly about the pool while Sera glances toward Luci, heading toward the falls.

She slips within, prepared to be doused with the falling water, thinking nothing of it other than the fact she’d rather be in the pools in Frey’s Breath rather than the colder water here. But she slips in, popping open the box and pulling out the lily, placing it on one of the empty shelves. “There.” She murmurs softly, stepping back and looking around the archway while Levi croons outside, bouncing from rock to rock, branch to branch.
darlin', darlin', why don't you sleep at night?
the colder the heart, the warmer the gun
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Luciana
cause it makes me that much stronger
makes me work a little bit harder
Sweat had plastered Luciana's hair to her head (where it wasn't making it frizz) and streaked her skin. The trek was harder than she'd anticipated and she did her best to breathe evenly as opposed to wheeze from the exertion. As Seraphina mapped their paths, the Hammer kept an eye on their surroundings, eyes peeled for danger.

When they finally reached the waterfall, she sighed in relief as well, echoing the Artificer. Following the other woman under the spray, the craftswoman hissed at the sudden cool. It was a shock to her system after the heat and humidity. Rubbing her arms, where goosebumps had formed, she eyed the archway as Seraphina placed the lily inside one of the slots. "That it?" Luciana hummed, wondering if there was some other trick to all this.
it makes me that much wiser
so thanks for making me a fighter
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
She’s glad to have the Hammer with her to keep an eye on the surroundings while she mapped things out. At the very least, it was the opposite of when she’d gone with October – having to be the protector to the doctor while she gathered the water required for Finn, and then some extra. But they get there, Sera placing the lily, and shifting so she might scan the arch. It’s intriguing, the design of it all, and she commits part of it to memory before she turns back to Luciana with a nod.

That’s all I was told. Once there’s ten, then it’ll be fixed.” She murmurs softly, counting how many were there. Seven, including theirs. “Looks like there’s only three to go and then we’ll see what happens.” A hand lifts to gesture to them, before she’s peering at the waterfall again. “Was there anywhere else you wanted to see before we head back?” She asks, extending the courtesy Luciana had shown her from when she’d agreed to come to the Climb with her in the first place.
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Luciana
Waiting while Seraphina inspected the archway, Luciana began to braid her hair. It wouldn't help that much with the dampness, but it gave her restless fingers something to do. When the Artificer spoke, the Hammer looked back at the structure, noting that there were still three empty slots. "We'll see," she echoed in a grunt.

Looking back at the other woman, the craftswoman sighed. "Someone should keep an eye on it and report back." Someone meaning not her: she'd already clocked more field hours than she was comfortable with and wanted to get away from these godsforsaken lands.

Shaking her head, she turned to face the waterfall once more. "Let's go." Bracing herself for the shock this time, she plunged in and through it, sputtering when she emerged on the other side.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A small nod of her head is given to Luciana before the suggestion of someone keeping an eye on it reaches her. There’s a small half-smile of amusement that crosses her face. “I agree. But I’m sure the Eye has his… Well, eye on it.” After all, she shouldn’t be the one to watch out for it to go south either, given the fact that she’s very much not the fighting type. Sera spent her days creating and crafting, callouses from hammers and pens from her blueprints versus those gained from weaponry.

She could hold her own, she imagines, but she certainly didn’t want to find out.

She nods to Luciana and steps through the waterfall, letting it drench her again with a quiet shivering sigh – a whistle leaving her lips for Levi to come back to her. The pale dragonling does, bouncing back from rock to rock before landing upon her shoulders again and tucking his wings in – puffs of air sent through her hair to try and dry it off more.
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
Groaning, Luciana shook her head. "That was awful," she muttered. Still, she gave Seraphina a half-smile in return.

As the Hammer dealt with the excess water, she watched the dragonling as he helped the Artificer dry off. "How's that working out for you? The Dragoons tried to recruit you yet?" The craftswoman jerked her chin at the other woman's companion, though it should be obvious from Luciana's question what she was talking about.

Waiting until Seraphina seemed ready, the Hammer would gesture towards the exit. "You ready?" Assuming the Artificer was, the craftswoman would lead the way, though she'd drop back to walk besides the other woman, since Luciana didn't have the map to lead them home.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Sera playfully rolls her eyes Luciana’s way before her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. “Live a little, Luci.” She chimes, a huff of a laugh leaving her. But they’ve made it through the waterfall and the dragonling has curled around her again, working to dry her hair. A thought occurs to her, then, while she listens to the question from the Hammer. “They can try but they know well enough I’m no fighter, dragon or not.” She snorts, reaching up to run her fingers along Levi’s scales.

But she grabs all the things she needs to, letting that initial thought come back to her. “We could just… Use the compass to get out rather than have to walk all the way back.” A brow raises in Luciana’s direction with that, falling into step beside the Hammer as she reaches for her compass – preferring not to have to walk her way out of here when they could just leave at any time.

Ready.” She agrees when she’s grabbed it, moving to interlock her arm with Luciana’s should she agree, before they could head home.
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
Luciana couldn't help but roll her eyes right back at Seraphina's response. However, the Hammer's was less playful: the Artificer's words were just a bit too close to Gideon's critique for comfort. "I decide what makes life worth living," she muttered.

Snorting at the other woman's comment, Luciana shook her head. "I think the point of joining the Dragoons is to make you into a fighter whether you want it or not," she teased. Still, although she made their weapons, she wasn't super familiar with the force or their recruitment tactics.

She smacked herself in the forehead when Seraphina reminded the Hammer about their magical means of transportation. "Right. Duh. My lack of field experience is showing again." Grinning, she took out her compass as well. Taking the Artificer's arm, the craftswoman would concentrate for a moment, brow furrowed, before they'd disappear, going straight back to Stormbreak.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
It wouldn’t be surprising for Sera to hear just how close her words sounded to Gideon’s. After all, the man had become a father figure for her within the Order – one that would bring her lunches just to ensure she ate rather than focused too much on work. Still, she silences herself long enough to hear Luciana’s words, a rogue grin shot over toward her companion. “Ah but wouldn’t they miss out on their prime person for their defenses?” A dark brow raises with a smirk. Luciana made their weapons, but when it came to the functionality and constructs to hide behind or use for offense, well, that’s where Sera came in.

But she’s suggesting the compass, and her dark eyes drift over toward the woman with a small amused smile. “It happens.” She agrees, humming a breathy laugh from her throat. But she takes the woman’s arm, focusing on the compass, and the two of them whisk away to Stormbreak.

- FIN <3