(Open) Paws upon the Stones of Many Colors
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
NEOS
I have but one thing
I wanna say to you
The rainbow upon the ground was visible as he figured it seemed to always be, the lion mused silently to himself as large padded paws walked upon the cracked ground beneath his muscular form. He admitted that he looked out of place, a pseudo-Pyroar among lands that seemed largely aquatic in nature, but there was something he did notice pretty quick beyond the fact that this seemed to be the only other form he could take.

Normally, water would be something painful to encounter, but in this form he was in now? It didn't seem to bother him any more than it would a normal person. Were weaknesses and resistances not a thing here...?

He hadn't been in this world for long, maybe a day at most while he tried to learn what he could about the immediate area. Admittedly, there was more to learn than his brain could process, so he had literally walked off to explore on his own pace for the moment...
RAWR
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help

Amalia, too, is enjoying the warm day, taking time to find some peace along the vibrant coast. She hasn't been back here since Jigano disappeared, too many painful memories and unresolved arguments left between them, resentments coloring her memories of the places that they shared.

Now, though, as she sits upon the sandy shore, watching fonts of colorful water burst into brief and vibrant bloom, Amalia feels nothing but a deep and aching nostalgia. Things were simpler, choices easier, problems smaller- or so it feels. And though she'd disagreed with the man, Jigano had been like a brother to her. Once Amalia had reached out and found she could touch something almost like family.

Now she sits alone.

Thus are her musings as she gazes on the water, toes buried under sand, knees tucked to her chin. It's only the sound of padding footsteps on the sand that draws her attention, the baker turning to look at the lion so out of place near the sea. "Hello," she calls out softly, unsure if they're looking for company or not. From over the water Jyoti trills, swimming up to approach the felid with stardust in her wake. "Jyo, don't- don't get in people's faces," Amalia chides softly to the whale. "Sorry about her. She has no sense of personal space."

a m a l i a
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine

Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Back from his quest to find an Ascended shrine in Torchline (they could not hide forever; he would find it, and he would ruin it), Gideon had decided to take a walk along the beach before heading back home. He always liked to indulge in the God's beautiful world, to let an appreciation of nature be a form of prayer, each step in the sand another surge of love for the Gods above.

He saw Amalia in the distance; she'd been quite the topic of conversation among the Order lately, and he instantly felt compelled to go to see her. The last time they had spoken some things had gone awry, mostly to do with their differing opinions on the Ascended, but he was sure now that he knew what to avoid, he could sidle his way into her good graces, find out more about Vi's chosen.

It was only when he got closer that he noticed the lion. While Gideon was no stranger to Attuned, the predator so close to her was a cause for some alarm, and he came to stand just behind Amalia as Jyoti was called back. "I'd be more careful around strangers yourself if I were you, Amalia." He said gently, watching the lion with cautious eyes.

Gideon
Reckon up the variables
Find a way to make it real
Make a deal
Until my protector comes

Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
The worst thing about always being on the move...
The lion admittedly hadn't been paying attention, so he was a bit surprised to have sudden company, especially as something floated into his view. He stepped back once with all paws, disarmed by closeness for a moment before relaxing as he realized he wasn't in danger. He could have really hurt the floating...no, no, way too small to be a Wailord or even a Wailmer. He heard about similar under parts of the world-spanning city back in one place he was in, however, just never met such snout-to-snout.

He smiled at the female's shyness, though he frowned at the newly-arrived male's words of caution. Not that he could personally blame the guy, though. He raised a paw for a moment, trying to mirror the gesture of 'one moment' with it before using his forepaws to push his upper body into the air and shift to his chosen human form, the fur changing after separating from the skin to become his clothes and hair once more. He hated that his old form had somehow been completely removed from the transformation sequence, but he had no idea what to do about that at the moment.

"It's alright, was trying to piece things together and figured a walk would be good," he admitted once standing upright on two legs, his bright attire visible as he brushed his blue bangs out of his face. "Jyo, is it," he asked as he glanced at the floating creature in front of him, extending a hand to let it smell it or whatever this particular species needed to let it do before he could pet it. "It's certainly not something I've seen before, and I've seen a lot of different creatures."

"...Arceus-dammit, there went my manners again," he chided himself under his breath as his other palm met his face before he pulled it off to look at the human duo. "The name's Neos, what about you two? You two frequent this area?"
...is that no one believes the tales that emerge later on.
NEOS
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

She is hard on herself

Too distracted by the lion and Jyoti (who has swam back to a comfortable distance, leaving soothing stardust near the creature and cooing a curious note), she doesn't notice the fourth to join their group until he's directly behind her, semi-familiar voice causing her to start in surprise. "Vi's beard!" the Shield curses, coils of lilac springing into her braid as she turns a silted, leopard glare up to Gideon.

Clenching her jaw, the girl tries to soothe her ruffled nerves. "I can protect myself," she retorts sharply, more unsteady that irritated, biting down on her lip as fur flushes over her shoulders. A sigh, and her tone softens. "Sorry. You startled me."

Turning back to the lion, Amalia is surprised to see that he has shifted into a man with... blue hair and vibrant yellow clothing. Blinking, she stares a moment before collecting herself, rising to her feet. "Jyoti. She's a starwhale." The calf trills in confirmation, swimming curiously around the stranger. "Ah... I'm Amalia. I- I've been staying in Torchline for a while. You, ah, are you new to Caido?"

a m a l i a

Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Gideon couldn't help but laugh at Amalia's reaction, finding her surprise quite funny. Vi's chosen, but you could still sneak up on her. Still, he was actually there out of some genuine concern and he watched closely as the lion lifted it's paw and transformed into a man before them, dressed in extravagant clothing.

Glancing down to Amalia he smiled. "No harm done. I'm sure you can, but what's wrong with a bit of back up?" Though it seemed, thankfully, that they wouldn't have to fight this man. Gideon took in the blue hair and everything else with a raised eyebrow, the modestly dressed priest never having been one for much accessorising or cosmetic work. His gaze eventually moved across to Jyoti, the little whale truly a miracle of Safrin's doing.

"Gideon." He introduced himself, and then continuing on from Amalia's question: "Yeah, seems like an Outlander to me. When did you drop?" While he was not a fan of the Voice's plans, it was not this mans fault he had been dragged into them.

Gideon
Reckon up the variables
Make a deal
Until my protector comes

Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
"Been here about a day or two now," he said in response to how long he had been here. "Got pulled into a living storm of magical energy known as a 'Roil', then somehow fell out of the world while still in that storm to land back in...shit, never asked what the name of that place was," Neos realized as he glanced back towards the direction of the place he first arrived in this world, clicking his tongue in frustration.

As soon as Jyoti would let him, he'd pet the floating whale while giving a chuckle. "Ah, well. Been trying to learn about this world while I can...but no matter how many times I've ended up traveling from one realm of existence to the next, it never gets easier..."

Neos then looked up towards the duo, a small smirk on his face. "Seems like you two know each other. Got any stories you're willing to share?"
NEOS
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

She is hard on herself

The ability of Outlanders to react to their displacement with blasé laissez-faire never fails to astound Amalia, who turns to Gideon with a raised eyebrow, wondering if he's surprised as well. "This world is called Caido," the Shield clarifies softly, looking back to the tall stranger, her brows knit in some concern. That he's gone between many realms is concerning, and Amalia bites the inside of her cheek as she wonders how to break the news. At least Jyoti is having a good time, allowing all the belly rubs that Neos has to offer.

"Um, Neos, you ought to know... there isn't a way to leave Caido." Again she looks to Gideon, hopeful that he'll step in and help (and not a little curious as to whether the Order has a secret escape route). "I'm sorry.. once the Voice brings someone here from their world, there isn't a way to return."

a m a l i a

Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:

Gideon had never actually heard an Outlander's story of how they had come to arrive in Caido and was interested to learn that it could apparently include a storm; was that a regular event, or only something specific to this man? He'd have to find out. For the moment he simply nodded at Amalia providing the name, then pointed up and down the beach. "This, specifically, is Ahi Coast. In Torchline."

Amalia seemed to look for him for assistance in explaining that Neos couldn't leave, so he gladly stepped in, with a particularly Order-informed take: "You have been dragged here by an evil chaotic force that refuses to let souls go once she has retained them here. You will not be able to leave." He nodded, obviously quite sure of what he was saying.

As for knowing each other...he laughed and shook his head. "This is only the second time I've met Amalia, I'm sorry to say. She is someone quite special, though. Beloved by a great God and as far as I've heard, faithful too." Gideon spread his hands out behind her, as if hyping her up for a crowd.

Gideon
Reckon up the variables
Make a deal
Until my protector comes

Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Amalia Wrote:"Um, Neos, you ought to know... there isn't a way to leave Caido."

Gideon Wrote:"You have been dragged here by an evil chaotic force that refuses to let souls go once she has retained them here. You will not be able to leave."

Neos' petting hand stilled for a second at this words, earlier ones beginning to float into his mind as he began to grit his teeth.

Sunjata Wrote:"Likewise, the Voice tends to put you into what race you’d more likely be.”

Neos brought his hands together in front of his face, one hand balled up into the other, in an attempt to calm himself and not be infuriated at the messengers of bad news, to remind himself of one critical fact: He's been in this kind of position before, supposedly trapped in a world while fixed to a specific form. However, this was the first time, this was the first time he had been in a world where, not only was he trapped in a specific form, both what shapeshifting he could do and how was both limited and altered.

"...I've had over two decades worth of time to reconcile with the fact that I will probably be dead before I ever see my home world again. I've been in several worlds where I was trapped in either the form you see now or something similar to it with no way to Transform," he started to say with eyes closed as his balled-up hands were pressed against his upper lip. "I've even been in several worlds where it looked like there was no way for me to leave, only for me to eventually find one after some time, usually after some form of major world-shaping event. So, none of those wound me as much as it would any other wanderer, willing or not."

He then allowed his hands to drop before he looked back up towards them with narrowed eyes, the insides of his eyes trying to glow with a faint light-blue light that kept being put out, like it was being suppressed. "However...never have I been in a world where, not only is almost all aspects of my original identity seemingly erased, but my ability to Transform is replaced with some pathetic shadow of that ability." He pointed behind himself for a moment before saying, "That creature you two saw me as before I reverted back to this? I don't even know what in Distortion that is! As far as I know, it's a odd-looking discount Pyroar that can't even breath fire!"
NEOS
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

She is hard on herself

The calm acceptance of the revelation takes Amalia by surprise, the resilience of Outlanders never failing to impress. That this isn't his first time travelling between worlds even causes the Shield to perk up, a sudden beating of anticipation rising in her chest. If he's left other realms, perhaps he can help find a way to send the Outlanders here back home...?

And then there is a flash of anger, and the Shield takes a step back. His eruption is entirely unexpected; though it isn't the first time she's seen someone stripped of their identity, it is the first time they've been quite this rude about it. "The Voice leaves those who come here weak," she explains softly, raising a hand as though to placate him. "But many are able to grow and regain abilities, or find new ones. Your shift- it means you're Attuned. I am- was- as well." As though to demonstrate the girl conjures antlers of lilac and silver, metallic scales rippling over her bare shoulders before melding back into skin.

Glancing back at Gideon with an expression of please don't be my hype man right now, she adds: "Attuned are blessed by the Old Gods. You're fortunate the Voice didn't make you one of hers."

a m a l i a

Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:

Gideon watched with a detached interest as the newcomer held his hands before his face. That he had been to other worlds caught his attention too, but he did not ask, sure that whatever that was about, it would be more machinations of the Voice or possibly even evil Gods in other realms, which would only muddy the focus of his goals. One world to save at a time.

The outburst raised his eyebrows and Gideon was about to respond when Amalia did, taking his attention by explaining that she used to be Attuned herself; he made a mental note of that, wondering if it was important to her ascension into a Demi God, before adding to what she had to say. "You've been here...less than a week, right? You're deciding the limits of what you can do very quickly." While he had no real investment in making sure this Outlander was emotionally comfortable with his situation, Gideon did care about turning people towards the Gods.

"Speak to the Gods. The 'Old' Gods. They can tell you how to regain your powers, and I'm sure you'll find they will be good enough for you. You'll just have to work for it." He gestured vaguely as he tried to remember just what Neos had said: "Then you can be as...pyroar as you like."

Gideon
Reckon up the variables
Make a deal
Until my protector comes

Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos inhaled deeply before exhaling, trying to calm himself. "Sorry about that, you two didn't earn that," he apologized. "Also, working for things isn't a problem," he said in response to Gideon's remark about working for what he once had. "I've just..." He looked up towards the skies for a moment, thinking about his words before glancing back down towards the pair.

"...alright, I'm gonna level with you two. Before I came here, on my native and certain other worlds, I wasn't limited to just animals. I was able to turn into anything I saw...even other people." He then waved his hands over his human form before adding, "This human appearance you see right now? Every single bit of it, body and clothes, I crafted myself by my former shapeshifting ability and this Voice tried to erase the more non-human parts of it, like my fangs and claws." He then focused his attention on Amalia, the sight of her horns netting a small nod out of him. "Though, seeing those and Sunjata's fangs when I first landed make me now think that those specific traits may be just suppressed for now."

Neos then frowned at the mention of the Ascended, blowing air out of his nose. "I had a tiny rundown of the different types of humans in this world when I first landed...I feel a bit bad for the info dump I put on Sunjata when trying to get myself oriented," he added with a sheepish chuckle before finally asking towards Gideon, "You've mentioned these 'Old Gods' before, who by chance are they exactly, and their domains if they have any?"
NEOS
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

She is hard on herself

Amalia listens with intent curiosity, though her eyebrows raise at the idea of turning into anything. "Like... rocks?" she asks before she can stop herself, curiosity taking control of her tongue. And then there's the clothes, which has her looking at the garish yellow suit in new light. "So your clothes are- were- part of your body? Can- could- you change them? Or is it like removing skin? Did you have them when you shifted?" The possibilities are both fascinating and unsettling, earning a shudder through her spine.

That he's met Sunjata quenches her somewhat, annoyance flickering briefly over her face. "Don't feel bad," she responds automatically, crossing her arms over her chest. Of course she brightens at the mention of the gods, glancing back at Gideon with something almost akin to mischief. "Gideon is a Priest of the Old Gods; I'm sure he can speak of them with far more eloquence and accuracy than I," Amalia states seriously, only the faintest edge of sass in her alto voice.

a m a l i a