Wasn't Expecting That
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ronin
A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets
Ronin had a dragon.

A damned dragon. He didn't have a clue what he was supposed to do with a baby dragon, or how to take care of one, or what she wanted... okay, no. That last one was a lie. The creeping sensation that had seized him when he had been helping the tiny reptile hatch had only flourished since - he felt her in his mind like a curious child, and she was... well. Hungry and cold, but the latter was fading at least.

Probably because she was curled up snug against the side of his neck as he marched through the Settlement, legs still soaking and his teeth chattering away. Her long tail was looped about him and she snuffled at the warm little space behind his ear, her scales cold and her nose inquisitive.

He went to Remi's because he had somehow turned a magical item into a lobster, and... well, he would know what to do with this right? Right?

"Remi! he called as he entered the alchemy shop, arching an eyebrow and looking around for his friend. "You have got to see this."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

R E M I

The bell tinkled over Ronin's head alerting the alchemist to someone's presence before the bounty-hunter's voice rang out through the air. Stifling a yawn, Remi glanced up from the counter where he'd been working on a project and definitely not considering a nap.

Looking out as his friend approached, Remi's eyes darted to the small face peeking around his neck. "Oh I see you've found another sn—" He began thinking that Ronin was apparently now offering up his body heat for the cold blooded snakes of the woods, until he got a better look at it.

The body wasn't snakelike at all, not what he could see anyways, and that face? That was a face from story books. Alert now, the urge to sleep totally gone, Remi stood up straight and gawked openly at the creature, before letting his eyes pointedly move to Ronin. "Ronin..." Remi said, head tilting skeptically and a bit nervously to the side. "I know I mentioned seeing things before, but given that we are not in the woods...Is that a dragon you have got under your collar?"
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ronin
"Oh wonderful, you can see her too." Ronin couldn't help but sound a little glad about that - it ruled out him having gone mad out there in the icy Oasis. He approached the desk where Remi was standing, the hatchling curled around his neck weaving her head from side to side, as if trying to test whether Remi was a trustworthy source of interest.

"Yeah... Yeah. It's a dragon. I rescued an egg from the Oasis and it hatched and..." he motioned to the little creature. "Do you know how to take care of dragons, Remi? You know most things about most things." Ronin smirked, holding out his arm so the hatchling could scuttle clumsily along it, her claws buried deep in the fabric of his sleeve, her white wings tucked close against her sides.

When she was more or less in his hand he held her out to Remi, thinking he would obviously have a plan.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

R E M I

"Her." The alchemist repeated in a flat drawl as he looked at Ronin with wide eyes, clearly still stunned. Remi watching as her serpentine head bobbed back and forth. She wasn't nearly as horrific or strange as Echo was, was especially after having seen Ronin so recently with a snake wrapped around his shoulders, he couldn't help but wonder at his friend's sudden penchant for keeping non-mammalian things in his clothing.

With an awkward inhale that caught in his throat, Remi spluttered a bit as he blinked rapidly at Ronin. "Did you just ask me if I know anything about taking care of dragons?" Mouth slightly agape, his gaze fell towards the small serpent, and then back up again as he ran a hand through his curls. "If I did know anything it would be from one of Vai's storybooks which....I cannot guarantee the accuracy of given I thought they were stories."

As Ronin held her out, Remi tilted his head slightly, then lowered it to stare the creature right in the eyes with a raised brow. Fishing into his pocket he pulled out a bit of jerky that Rory had cured, holding it out in the flat of his palm as he might do with a horse. The creature wasn't going to a herbivore like a horse was, but he'd be damned if he let it take one of his fingers off.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
ronin
"Yes. I... don't know how I know. It's like she told me. Sorry, I'm very aware how weird I'm being. I'm very cold and this all happened quite fast." Ronin laughed breathlessly, running his fingers through his hair with his free hand as his hatchling investigated Remi from the safety of his palm (apparently).

As he was stared at with such confusion, Ronin responded with - of course - absolute calm. "I did," he said simply. "And that's more than I know. You've at least read the fairytales, or had them read to you." He shrugged, before glancing down to watch as Remi produced the jerky.

The hatchling gazed right back up at him with eyes as bright and blue as Ronin's, though her nostrils flared at the scent of the cured meat. He was probably right to hold out his palm flat, because she scuttled out to take the jerky without a moment's hesitation. Flicking her head back, she chomped it down in no time, revealing a tiny row of razor sharp teeth.

Shrieking at him in what was probably gratitude (she seemed to have found her voice), the little dragon would attempt - if she wasn't stopped - to clamber up Remi's arm and towards that pocket to investigate it for herself.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

"And here I thought dragon sexing was now one of your skills." Remi quipped, before his eyes peered over the counter and he noticed the puddle of water Ronin was standing in. Hissing in a breath, the alchemist furrowed his brows and mumbled something under his breath clearly distressed he hadn't noticed his friend's condition sooner. Then again he had been a bit taken by the dragon. "Come, come." Remi ushered, wanting Ronin to follow until of course, the hatchling crawled up his arm and towards his pocket.

Trying very hard not to recoil and shake the creature loose, Remi held his hands away from his sides and looked down as a silvery slip of tail wavered outside the pocket of his pants while simultaneously claws rummaged within. "Ah! Careful—" He cautioned the creature as if she would understand, lowering a hand defensively towards other meaty bits she might be taken by while she was in that area.

"Well you need to get yourself into something dry and warm. And you—" He said, tapping gently on the outside of his pants, "—need something proper to eat."

Trying to walk without moving the muscle of his leg at all so as not to disturb the pocket, he'd try to negotiate his way into the back of his shop where a fire was already roaring and where he could find (or make) something clean for Ronin to wear.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
ronin
"Alas, no. Though you are right in that I do have a great many skills." Ronin chuckled, nodding to Remi and arching an eyebrow as he peeked over the counter and seemed suddenly so distressed. "Hey, it's alright. It's only a bit of frost and water..." Of course that was what he would say, paying no heed to whatever reality was numbing his toes and whatnot.

Meanwhile, his hatchling had successfully made her way into Remi's pocket, wiggling around in there until her pale head popped up, her tail draping out still. Ronin resisted the urge to make a dragon in your pocket happy to see me joke, instead following after the alchemist and chuckling at how gingerly he was walking. "I am sure she appreciates your efforts not to squash her," he murmured, instantly moving towards the fire - it didn't matter if it was even stoked, Ronin could sense the warmth-to-be.

And so could his dragon, for she trilled loudly up at Remi, wriggling further. She was stuck.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Remi raised a brow at Ronin's casual dismissal of the fact he was all but melting on his floor. "Fine. Even if you are not cold I would prefer you not to warp my floorboards. How's that?"

With a rather crooked smile, Remi shot his friend a look over his shoulder and all but gulped. "It is not her that I am worried about getting squashed at this particular moment." He said in a tinny sort of voice looking down nervously towards where the dragon had altered her position, and was now happily poking out of the pocket.

Her wriggles made the alchemist flinch and hiss in a breath as her needle-sharp claws scraped and scratched against him. "Just a minute!" He cried with an exasperated sigh, reaching a hand down so that she could use her front legs to pull against his fingers and get herself out.

Glancing at Ronin, Remi sized him up and down for a moment before deciding that none of his clothes would likely fit the far-bulkier and more muscular ex-captain. Conjuring a stack of clean clothes on the chair next to the captain, Remi gestured towards them before looking down at the dragon. "I have to get wood for the fire." He told her conversationally, before glancing towards Ronin and nosing in that direction .
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
ronin
"That seems fair enough to me," Ronin agreed with Remi, though he was altogether pleased that he would soon not be all but melting on his friend's shop floor. As they headed into the back room and the alchemist confessed his concerns, Ronin couldn't stop from chuckling. "I'm sure you're quite safe," he assured the other man, all the while being honestly unsure if that was true. The hatchling trilled again insistently even as Remi complained (almost like she did understand him), and she eagerly used the leverage given to clamber out of the pocket and into his hand.

Remi sized him up and Ronin struck an obnoxious pose in return, as if that was what the alchemist had wanted. It all made sense, granted, when the clothes appeared, Ronin letting out a grateful sigh and nodding to Remi. "Thank you," he murmured, thinking nothing of stripping off with the other man present. He'd seen it all before, hadn't he?

He was shirtless already by the time Remi mentioned the firewood to his new dragon, who was sitting quite contently in his hand with her slip of a tail looped about his wrist. As the alchemist nosed at Ronin the hatchling clumsily spread her wings, giving them an experimental flap before deciding that no, she wasn't interested. Snorting, Ronin moved to retrieve his companion, smiling to Remi. "So," he said, "what's new with you, since our shenanigans at Bastien's church?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Tilting his head at a skeptical angle, Remi glanced from the distance between his hand and Ronin. "I will give you flying lessons, but for now maybe this is easier—" Apparently both Ronin and the dragon thought so as well, given that the bounty hunter reached over for her.

Giving Ronin a pointed look at just how casually he'd begun to strip, Remi sighed and focused on stoking the fire. Very deliberately he didn't look towards Ronin, but merely shrugged his shoulders. "Oh..." He began with a mumble, images of both Sam and Isla and their related interactions scattering before his eyes. "..Not much. I am thinking of getting a group together to magically assault the barrier. I doubt it will do much good, but I also do not think it will hurt. If the Spire Demon is impacted by fire and electricity, perhaps the barrier will be as well?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
ronin
Ronin grinned and allowed the hatchling to cling to his hair since his exposed skin very much disliked the prospect of tiny dragon claws digging into it. He wrestled himself into a new shirt, looking quite the sight indeed with a baby dragon on his head, and he smirked at Remi's glance in his direction. "Hey, I'm not going to wait for you to turn your back before I stop myself freezing to death," he protested. "Besides, there will be no snake dancing today, sir." Chuckling to himself, he waited for Remi to turn and stoke the fire before peeling off the rest of his wet clothes.

Shivering as the fresh air bit at his chilly skin, Ronin quickly dressed himself and stepped over to the fire to help Remi coax it to life, leaning down beside his friend. "The longer I know you, the less open you become," he remarked, though his tone was good natured and he nudged the other man gently. Still, while his hesitance spoke of things unsaid, Ronin didn't push the matter. Besides, the plan for the barrier proved an interesting distraction.

"That sounds like an interesting experiment," he agreed, nodding and adding more kindling before holding his palms up to enjoy the warmth. "If nothing else, we can learn more about the barrier and add it to the list of things we have tried, no? Ready for Flowerbirth." It still felt strange to say that rather than Spring, but Ronin was slowly growing accustomed to the place. "Have you thought about getting back to Northaven at all?" He hadn't, and it wasn't something he felt guilty about. But not everyone would be as happy to start anew as he was.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Rolling his eyes with a chuckle, Remi tried very hard not to follow the ex-captain's actions out of the corner of his eye. "And to think once upon a time you getting stabbed seemed like an exciting afternoon for us."

Frowning, Remi paused. He didn't nudge his friend back, but instead studied him thoughtfully for a moment. A cold sort of wave rushed over him when he realized that Ronin was absolutely right. Somewhere along the way the alchemist had grown guarded in a way he never had before. "Well when you put it that way." Remi said with a grin, before throwing his hands up exasperatedly. "I was trapped in an ice cave with an ascended who had weakened himself by the fall. He asked if he could drink from me, and Ronin..." Levelling a stare at his friend, the alchemist shook his head warily and exhaled a steady stream. "I have never felt anything even remotely like that before. Then after the man—his name is Samuel—kissed me. And I kissed him back. But..." A bit helplessly Remi shrugged. "Did I tell you that Edrei said Loren was seeing someone? And that was the reason why he did not want to live with Zariah and Edy?" Rubbing self consciously and a bit woundedly against his biceps, he sighed gently. "I have never had to move on before Ronin. I am not sure I know how it is done."

Then, with an awkward crinkling of his nose, he bit the inside of his lip. "And then later nearly the same thing happened with Isla, minus the cave-in and kissing. Apparently when they drink from us, they can gain our powers. We ended up hunting as lions." Shrugging, he fixed his friend with a stare as if to say happy now? despite having left out the part about Isla giving him a blowjob.

"Ready for flowerbirth." Remi echoed with a nod. The mention of Northaven made the alchemist pause, but ultimately shrug. "Well Baron Taliesen, I had thought about it in our early days here. But honestly, is it so different here than home? A different kind of wall perhaps but..." Another shrug. "Besides. Do you really think you'd be able to keep a dragon in Northaven? As if Bellamy or one of the royals wouldn't immediately snatch it away?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
ronin
"It would still be an exciting afternoon, in my opinion - given that I was the one who was stabbed." Ronin chuckled with a cheeky grin to Remi; of course he could go ahead and think it was boring when he wasn't the one bleeding everywhere, the scoundrel. Prodding at the fire again and letting out a content sigh at the warmth and light that began to build within the hearth, Ronin was acutely aware of Remi's pause. He hadn't intended to call the alchemist out on anything or to pressure him into saying more than felt comfortable, and he was about to say so when all at once the other man began to speak.

Ronin glanced across at him, a brow arched at the array of events that came tumbling out - trapped in an icy cavern, offering blood to an Ascended and a kiss? He blinked, assuming from the level stare and the alchemist's words that he meant to say it was a pleasurable sensation, especially given the aftermath.

Then everything about Loren... Ronin frowned and shook his head, looking a touch irked at the librarian on Remi's behalf and staring into the building flames. "No," he said, "I did not. No one has said much to me about him apart from you. I'm sorry to hear that, Remi..." Offering a sad smile and reaching across to clasp the other man's shoulder, Ronin teased his lower lip between his teeth. "I don't know if there's a way it's done," he said of moving on, "only that you should concentrate on yourself and what makes you happy."

Shifting to sit cross-legged now that the fire was crackling merrily away, he couldn't help but snort and shake his head again as it just kept going, the guildmaster grinning at his friend. "You really have been through a lot lately, haven't you? Hunting as lions... that would be something." Because of course Ronin had never known what it was like to be anything other but what he was. No magic, no shifts, no spooky Ascended powers... he was jealous, sometimes. Only a fool wouldn't be.

He wrinkled his nose, disgusted at the use of his former title, and as if in reaction the hatchling nestled in his hair let out a chirp of outrage. "Ew," he said. "I wasn't suggesting that we find a way back, or even that I missed the place. I was just curious... I don't think I'd go back even if I had the choice. And it's nothing to do with the dragon."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Remi nodded, glancing up appreciatively at both the bounty hunter's expression as well as his words. The alchemist made an unhappy sort of mmmmmm sound in the back of his throat as Ronin's hand found his shoulder, Remi merely shrugging beneath the weight. Rather petulantly Remi wanted to say that it was Loren who made him happy, but of course he didn't. Ronin's words were likely wise and true, but it wasn't the sort of thing that Remi was quite ready to face yet. Though Frey had taken his love, there was still quite a bit of damage and baggage remaining that the alchemist was purposely ignoring.

Snorting slightly given just how much of an understatement it was, Remi grinned up at the guildmaster. "A bit, yes." He said cheekily with a boyish shrug. "And it was. Especially given how I feel in that body it was nice to know that I was with someone I could not easily hurt, and who could feel the same things I did."

Remi raised a brow as the hatchling coughed her exasperation on Ronin's behalf and grinned. "No. I would still like to know how it is we've come to be here. Will others come? Will we randomly be sucked somewhere else?"