Wasn't Expecting That
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
ronin
A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets
A bit, indeed. Ronin smirked back at his friend and let his hand slip from Remi’s shoulder. He’d been through hell and back since arriving in the Hollowed Ground, he knew that much, but not quite how bad it had been or the number of things that had happened. A heavy feeling sat low in the pit of Ronin’s stomach, and he promised himself that he would keep a better eye on the alchemist from now on.

”While I hesitate to say that offering yourself up as a snack to any Ascended is a good idea, it sounded like it brought you some peace for a while. Maybe hunting with a pack is the key to getting the lion in you under control for good.” Ronin grinned and shrugged. Worth a go, right?

Nodding in agreement, the guildmaster arched an eyebrow as the movement caused his hatchling to tumble from his head. He caught her in his hands, where she proceeded to coil her tail around his wrist to stay secure. ”I feel like that answer is linked to the Spire, just as our escape is. But I am surprised, with the number of gods people have encountered, that no one from Northaven has thought to ask how we got here... myself included.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

R E M I

"Could be." Remi agreed with a gentle shrug. "Although of all the ascendeds I have met now, I am sure that Isla is the only one I would want to. The other man in the cave, Samuel, I do not think he would enjoy it. And then there's Archebold..." Grinning, he gave Ronin a stare that said he was well aware of what the ex-captain's feelings were when it came to his old counterpart.

Almost startled by this comment, Remi found himself flushing and nodding stupidly in agreement. "You...you are right. I only asked how to leave. Nothing about how we got here." Shaking his head a bit dumbfounded that he too had been so stupid, he took a breath and mentally added it to a list of things he'd ask Ludo if he ever found himself lured to his death and in a position to bargain again.

Glancing over at the dragon coiling herself around the guildmaster's arm, Remi tilted his head and offered her another piece of jerky. "Does she have a name yet?"
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ronin
Ronin couldn't help the curl of disgust that flickered across his face at the mere mention of his former fellow captain, and he let out a soft tch of dismissal that Remi should even go near him. "Well, I certainly wouldn't have minded bounding about as a lion, so I imagine Isla won't be difficult to convince if you do want to try it." He smirked to the other man and shrugged his shoulders.

Sighing and nodding in agreement at their shared mistake, Ronin shrugged his shoulders. "I was the same. Should I be fortunate enough to see Safrin again I will think more carefully about my questions," he said. Absently, he rubbed a finger along his hatchling's nose, pulling back when Remi offered the jerky (she snapped it up eagerly).

"You know, I havent," he admitted. "What do people call their dragons? She's sweet - I don't think a name like Deathwing or Spike will do."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

R E M I

"I wonder if Bastien has been any more clear headed. Though...given his focus, perhaps not." Remi's lips twitched slightly in a smirk having said this, thinking back to his previous conversation with the midwife. "Apparently a midwife who came over with us took him to task for making a sex cult purely to trick people in orgies." Oh. Speaking of—" Do you know her? Phoebe Steadman? She might prove quite useful when the time comes with Vanya. Unless of course delivering children is another one of your secret skills, as is dragon sexing."

Ahh yes. What to call one's dragon. This was definitely not the sort of conversation Remi thought he'd find himself in when he woke that morning. Or ever, really. "Not a deathwing, hmm?" Remi said, offering her another snippet of meat, though this time trying to get her to accept it a bit more gently.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
Ronin couldn't help but smirk as they spoke of Bastien, the guildmaster nodding in agreement with Remi's overview of the man. Enthusiasm he had in spades, but focus was another story. "A sex cult? I mean, I have no idea what he must have told her to make her assume that, but similarly... I don't think I could blame her for doing so." His laughter was light and amused, Ronin arching an eyebrow, recognition shooting through his eyes.

"I've heard the name, yes. When I was in the infirmary, after the Spire, I remember she helped Isla take care of myself and Roana. She seemed gentle," he murmured, smiling warmly to Remi and giving him a grateful pat on the shoulder. "I'll certainly get in touch with her - birthing children is absolutely not one of my skills. Making them seems to be, though."

He watched as Remi offered more jerky out to his hatchling, and he rolled his eyes as she tried to snip for it it. "Don't snatch, sugar," he chided, bopping her snout with his finger, "Remi is a friend."

Snorting and gazing around at Ronin, the baby dragon seemed suitably chastised, reaching out to gently accept the treat from the alchemist this time.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

"Mmm, there are quite a few candles and...ahh, flat and comfortable areas in his church." Remi agreed, his smile snaking outwards as he chuckled. The alchemist was still a bit skeptical about whether such worship was actually valid, but what did he know?

"Gentle, yes." Remi agreed with a nod. "And knowledgeable too." Grinning at the suggestion that the ex-captain was good at making children, Remi only rolled his eyes. "Oh yes? So we should be expecting more little ones on the way then?" It was strange, but pleasant, for the thought of children not to be an obligation or a threat, but something actually wanted. The timing might have been imperfect, but this little nuclear family Ronin was creating for himself made the alchemist smile warmly.

"Sugar, mm?" Remi repeated, looking up from beneath his curls with a grin. Glancing back down at the dragon he gave her a look. "You cannot go around biting off the ends of my finger with a name like that." As she gently accepted the food, Remi grinned. "I wonder how big she will get?" He wondered out loud, a worried smirk on his lips.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
"And suggestive paintings, and a lot of stripping given a whisper of a chance," Ronin added with a crooked grin of his own, shaking his head. His own knowledge of worship was incredibly new and otherwise only learned from stuffy books, so he was about as in the know as Remi on that front. Ah well, he was sure that Safrin, if she was listening, would enjoy Bastien's antics if nothing more.

The guildmaster's grin softened into something altogether warmer at the suggestion of the pitter patter of more tiny feet, and Ronin shrugged his shoulders. "I would say yes in a heartbeat, but I'm not the one who has to do all the work," he murmured. "A family is the only thing I have ever wanted... so however many children I'm blessed with, I'll be happy."

He fussed his hatchling for being polite, the little creature chirping her satisfaction and nosing at Remi's hand. "I don't know, I think Sugar might grow on me." Ronin winked. "And hopefully she'll get big enough to ride." Now that would be something.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

With a snort of laughter, Remi nodded. "Yes, I did wonder a bit about just how quickly he removed his clothing. I..." He shrugged, meaning to say he wasn't sure whether or not they'd all been meant to copy the artist, but supposed it didn't much matter now. Though what Bastien thought was going to be accomplished with a love-sick alchemist, a pregnant woman and her doting partner, he wasn't sure.

"Really?" Remi asked, his smile lopsided as it pressed out of his cheeks up into a near-perfect circle. For all the time they'd spent together, most of it had been adventuring. The alchemist knew very little about the ex-baron, but somehow it wasn't surprising at all to learn that he wanted a family. "Well if there is every anything I can to make Vanya's pregnancy more comfortable, please let me know." Though if Ronin didn't know, perhaps Remi could speak with Phoebe. Surely the midwife would know all sorts of tricks that his magic might be able to improve for Vanya.

"To ride?" Remi echoed, dumbfounded. "And just where will she live then? On top of the guildhall perhaps?" Gazing down at Sugar, Remi sighed and shook his head. "Guess we will have to do a great deal more hunting, hmm? This jerky will not last you long at this rate."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin could do little more than shrug back at Remi, as if to say that he hadn't the foggiest clue either. Whatever they were or weren't meant to do at Bastien's 'church', though, at least the other man had seemed pleased with the results. And given that they had shown up to help, their success was enough for him. Whatever else the bartender wanted to do with his Phoebe-deemed 'sex cult' was up to him.

"Really, yeah." Pink flushed in the former captain's cheeks, as though Remi had caught him out on some dream rarely spoken of out loud, and he rubbed at the back of his head with his free hand. "Thank you. I'll ask her how she's feeling, see if there's anything else she might need. If I think of anything or she tells me, I'll be sure to let you know." Nodding, he smiled to himself and turned his attention back to Sugar.

"Well if she's big enough to ride she can live wherever the heck she pleases." He laughed, tickling the hatchling under the chin and causing her to trill with delight. "I'd have her sleeping at the end of my bed, regardless of the size."
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST
HEALING HAS TO BEGIN IN THE PAST

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

With a smile the alchemist nodded. He was still determined to speak with Phoebe though. This was Vanya's first pregnancy after all (wasn't it?), and if she didn't know what she didn't know...well. Remi would be of absolutely no use for the birthing process, so perhaps he could be of assistance before.

With a skeptical smirk, Remi shook his head. "I think you will find yourself in need of a bigger bed then."

With a sigh, Remi leaned back in his chair staring into the fire for a moment. "So...all this LongNight stuff....do you really think there is anything to be worried about? Vai and I thought perhaps we'd corral as many as we could into the Rathskeller to keep them safe and make sure everyone had supplies but .. Do you think there is more we should be doing?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
"Oh woe is me, a bigger bed." Ronin smirked back at Remi, a hint of something unmistakably filthy in his eyes. "Whatever will I do with such a luxury? How shall I spend the time?" With a chuckle, Ronin peeled Sugar off his hand and plopped her into his lap, where she promptly curled up to bask in the warmth and light of the flames.

At the mention of LongNight, Ronin sighed deeply and shrugged his shoulders. "Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm following everything I can think of that was on the notice, and I mean... if they went through the trouble of pinning something up for us, they wouldn't leave something important out, would they?" It was difficult to tell.

"The Rathskeller sounds like a good idea, though. Vanya and I will be holed up in the Guildhall. We won't have much time alone before the baby arrives, so this is a good excuse." He grinned.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

With a groan of annoyance (though the glimmer in his pale stare suggested that he was anything but), he gave Ronin's leg a playful shove. "How Vanya puts up with your nonsense I will never understand."

With a quizzical stare, Remi prodded the fire. "You know, you are not the first to suggest that perhaps this is all a ruse. I cannot imagine it being—I went on a hunt with Rory the other week and I cannot imagine him leading me astray like that—but it seems strange doesn't it? A notice pinned up, and that is all?" With a sigh Remi shrugged his shoulders. Obviously it was better to be safe than sorry, but even so it all felt a little...off.

"A good excuse for what, Ronin?" Remi asked cheekily, all raised eyebrows and innocent expression
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
ronin
"I make her laugh and I'm good in bed," Ronin quipped easily, his smirk lopsided and his tone confident; he sank back in his chair to bask in the warmth and enjoy the tiny creature napping on his leg (it was possible the hatchling was even snoring but he didn't give that too much thought). As Remi spoke of the LongNight and the possibility that it was all a prank or a joke, he could only shrug his shoulders.

"By the sound of it even the Naturals of this place only know what will and won't cause issues when it gets dark. Perhaps the person who pinned the note only did so out of rushed obligation? Who knows. I've seen many of the natives here making the same preparations, and surely if they really wanted to toy with us they would just leave us to the whims of the season." Ronin wrinkled his nose - second guessing this when he'd already thrown himself into it was unpleasant.

Still, he tipped the other man a wink at his obvious implications. "To rub her feet and her shoulders and to spoil her rotten, of course," he said easily.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Now Remi did roll his eyes and groan in earnest. His friend had absolutely no shame, which was of course one of the things Remi liked best about him. He almost asked if that was how he'd managed to get Loren into bed too, but the question died on his lips. Not only did he not want to know but he was finding more and more that he didn't want to talk about the Launceleyn, no matter how often he might drift across Remi's thoughts.

Shrugging and inhaling an agreeable sort of sigh, Remi conceded the point. "Though if this perch that is being built in the middle of the Settlement does actually work, seeing the Spark Bird will be quite the sight based on its descriptions. Maybe if your windows are not too fogged up you and Vanya will be able to see it, hmmm?"