[se] angels in the architecture
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
maybe i'm a runaway train, maybe i'm a feather in a hurricane
The normal hustle and bustle of the port was in full swing. Bright curses twirled on the warm winds that rushed in from the sea, bringing with them the scent of salt and fish. It was music, this place. The stomp of boots on the docks, the whisper of barefeet in the sand, the rhythmic unloading of fish from the boats recently returned from that morning.

And...Remi was just...standing there. Staring at the portal with a look of perplexed concentration on his face. With his arms crossed over his chest and his toes in the sand, the only movement at all was the slow tug of the breeze against his curls. Occasionally he'd blink or run his tongue over his teeth, but for the most part Remi just...stood there. Staring.

Thinking.

Planning.
THE LULLABY
maybe it's a long gray game, but maybe that's a good thing
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
Now that Oliver wasn't feeling super sick, it was nice to go out and try to get some things done.

Lately, he had been considering moving to Torchline. On this trip, he planned to scope out some abandoned buildings to maybe turn into his blacksmith shop. Or hey, maybe he'd find a two-story building that would serve as a shop and a home. That would be FANTASTIC, but also highly unlikely. It wasn't certain, but it was nice to know just in case something bad would happen. All of this came from his conversations with Melita and Deimos- both suggesting that maybe if he had an idea of moving it would be the best option for him.

Stepping through the portal to do, you know, his plans, Oliver was greeted with Remi just... staring. "Remi-" Oliver took a slow step forward and stared at the man, his eyebrows scrunching with confusion. "You okay? You uh... what are you doing here?" Why the fuck are you just staring at the portal.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
As the shimmering barrier of the portal suddenly reveals a very familiar blacksmith, Remi is all but jarred back into the present. For a moment he just blinks at Oliver, as if the hybrid wasn't stepping through a public portal, but instead entering the demigod's bedroom or somewhere else he'd be equally surprised to find him. Quickly though Remi's mind seems to catch up, and he offers Oliver a slow smile.

"Oh, I was just...thinking. Planning." Planning what? How to get a magical wagon through the portal, of course. "Yes I'm fine. What are you doing here?" He asks in return. Though the alchemist has nearly abandoned Torchline, as far as most know, he does still live here, whereas Oliver...doesn't.
THE LULLABY
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Slowly, Oliver turns around to glance back at the portal. His head tilts before he turns to look back at Remi. "Planning for what, exactly? Maybe I could help a bit?" It seemed to be troubling the man quite a lot and as hilarious as the concept was, Oliver should at least try to be helpful. Oliver also just really wanted to know what was on Remi's mind that left him in such a state.

The spotlight was turned back on him and he offers the man a light shrug. "I've been thinking... a couple of people suggested I consider moving and, ya know... I just wanted to see if there are places to go to should I decide to move." Oliver saw no reason to hide his true intentions from the former Governor. "I was... hoping to maybe open up a shop here if I do come to live here... and find a nice place to live." Might as well see what Remi has to say about the idea of opening up a blacksmith shop here.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh, no that's alright. Ronin and I are...well, it's..." Pausing, Remi tugs in a breath to steady his thoughts. He and Oliver aren't as close as they might once have been thanks to all which had occurred between then and now, but with the alchemist's new empathy magic, his selfishness and easy-rage were significantly reduced. Still, this was a rather...intimate subject, in his mind anyway. "It's fine. It's just a logistical thing." He added with an easy shake of his head.

'Oh? The Grounds not to your liking anymore?" Remi asks, his boyish smile dimpling his cheeks somewhat as he combs his fingers through his curls. "I can tell you without a doubt I prefer Torchline to the Grounds. Better weather, better views, no monsters, no staying in for a week at the end of Deepfrost.." As for a Blacksmith's shop? That sounded like a good enough idea. "I'm sure many of the men at the docks would appreciate having more metal-work available to them." Anchors and cables and whatnot.

"Is this the only place you're thinking of living? Not the Greatwood, or Halo? Or the Climb, I suppose."
THE LULLABY
Blacksmith

Change author:
There is a nod of understanding. Of course. While Oliver might've once been angry with Remi or even pushy about knowing more, he remained quiet for a bit, content with the response given. "Well, I wish you two luck in that case... may you figure out whatever it is you're trying to uh... plan." There's a smile in the latter part, a gentle and relaxed one. This isn't his business and all he can do is offer the couple well wishes on whatever their plans are. Oliver knows Remi and has full trust that this plan isn't going to turn out bad.

The reaction given by Remi is obvious and Oliver finds himself grinning. All of the reasons why Remi prefers Torchline are absolutely how Oliver feels. "Yeah... Torchline is the closest to my old home and ya know.. it feels right? But fuck I've been in the Grounds for so long... and I just need some time to figure it out before I make the big decision." To make sure he had a place to go before packing everything up and ditching the Grounds.

It was absolutely nice to hear that Remi was confident in the people of Torchline appreciating metalwork. It boosted Oliver's confidence and he found himself feeling much better about this potential move.

His next comments earn a playful eyeroll. "One, I think the Fae would despise having me around that much, Two... Halo is an actual living hell and I would be so fucking miserable in that much snow.." And then that leaves the Climb. The obvious joke, but hey, he might as well give his opinion. "I was finally able to visit the Climb... went there with Melita to get a lily. Honestly? I wouldn't dare live there... but fuck that place will be great for my forge! I could so get some really nice rocks for the fire and the gems for making hilts pretty? Damn. And-" Oliver stops himself, his eyes widening.

A small blush dances on his cheeks. "Sorry- I got a bit carried away there... in short, yeah, the Climb will be great for my shop."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I can understand that." Remi acknowledges, though thus far living in Caido, this is the first time he's ever actually planned to leave. Every time he's been anywhere, it's been on the heels of some trauma or explosion or other. 'But just remember, if you don't like it, you can always go back. This world might be big but...you're allowed to change your mind. The Grounds are only a portal away." The Voice had done that much for them all, at least.

'Oh? I thought they were trying to be more...open?' Then again with the upcoming trial against the ascended, perhaps not. Grinning, Remi can only chuckle in agreement with Oliver's depiction of Halo. He too would absolutely hate it.

"Oh, I don't know. I think I could live in those hotsprings forever..." And not only because it was the place he and Ronin had first been physical again after Remi's illness had been temporarily cured.  "Have you gone? To Frey's breath? You must have, to find a lily."
THE LULLABY
Blacksmith

Change author:
That... is something he desperately needed to hear. Absolutely, he desperately needed it. "Well... I guess you're right, yeah... I mean, that's assuming I'd have a place to go back home to, but sure." Assuming his old home wasn't destroyed by monsters... or that the Grounds didn't ban non-ascended. Now that would be fucked up.

A light shrug. "Maybe they are... I honestly haven't really spoken with them all that much... No offense, but Wessex isn't telling us jack shit. She also hasn't appointed anyone, which is our problem with her earlier." It's frustrating and Oliver is clearly ultra annoyed with how the Queen was running things. He had plenty to say but oh, there were so much better things to focus on instead now that Remi had diverted their conversation.

"The hot springs? I didn't have the chance to try em... I have gone there, but I didn't even know they had hot springs. That sounds fucking amazing." Get it. Fucking amazing. Because Remi fucked there and Oliver doesn't even know about it? Hilarious. "Then we went to drop off the lily, behind the waterfall... It was a super beautiful place, I may go back there and paint it... I know Melita went to explore more, but I decided to leave." His voice trails off before he glances away. "What about you? You seem to know quite a lot about the climb."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Having no reason to believe that there wouldn't be a place for Oliver to go back to, the alchemist merely shrugs. "And even if there isn't, it's easy enough to make a new start. Especially in the Grounds." It was one of the only places he'd seen thus far with houses and buildings still to spare.

'Appointed anyone?' Remi asks, head tilted in a rather avian-like gesture to the side as his brows furrow, not knowing exactly what the hybrid meant. For the Lullaby's part, he was one of two people who knew how Delah had died, and with her gone, he'd assumed much of the animosity with the ascended would have died too. Though perhaps that wasn't the case.

"No? Gods you should. It's work trekking across Halo's tundra for." Remi says with a decisive nod of his head. "The water is magical. I've never felt something so instantly relaxing in my life." Ronin's hands played no small part in that, but he was sure the water had helped. "Ah, yes. Ronin and I did that as well. We only ever found the one lily though." He adds with a bit of a shrug, not knowing if enough had been gathered, and not much caring, once his piece had been done.

"Oh, well Ronin and I explored a bit, and then we explored with Amalia. And then...Ronin and I went back to place our lily. I didn't see any of the top though, much as I'd wanted to. Dangerous as it is, it...is unlike anything else, and I'd rather like to see that."
THE LULLABY
Blacksmith

Change author:
You make my heart shake bend and break
A light shrug. "Fair point." Maybe... maybe moving to Torchline would be a good move. Yeah... but he'd still have to give it some thought. While the Grounds had plenty of room, he wasn't sure if the same could be said about Torchline.

Scrunching his eyebrows, Oliver realized how his comment had come across. "Like... you know, a council. Right now it's just her... no representation from Outlanders or any other races or, well, anything... I know I hated what she did before because it felt like she wasn't going for the right things." Wow. Wessex really was consuming all of his thoughts. It's almost as if Oliver really is fucking pissed that he lost the election. Wow.

Remi's joy over the hot springs was evident and it urged a small smile to appear on Oliver's face. "Well... I'll have to take the time to go and visit, in that case... man, I wish that Halo was accessible during Deepfrost... imagine how fantastic that would be on the bones." But alas, they wouldn't be able to enjoy such a luxury during the cold of winter.

"Well, thank you for finding the one lily... I know that's what I'm relying on and... I just hope we will find the rest. I'm really scared of what's going to happen if we don't." Oliver didn't trust the Voice and knew it would be a direct betrayal of Safrin to get the cure from her. He wouldn't dare do that to her.

It was nice to hear that the trio was able to find things to do and that they had managed to plant the lily. It must've been the one Oliver saw when he and Melita planted theirs. "Do let me know what you find out, yeah? I know I've been trying to help out with researching the new place. I drew up the lily and everythin' to try and help others find it." Oliver had a keen interest in learning about this Climb for multiple reasons.
OLIVER
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Oliver's indecision didn't really seem the sort of thing the alchemist could assist with—not with his own itchy feet and desire to be anywhere but Torchline—and so he merely offers the other man a supportive smile.

"Oh.." Running his fingers through his curls for a moment, and then letting his hand linger on the back of his neck, Remi bites the inside of his cheek. "I think...that perhaps Wessex isn't going to be the sort of..impartial and completely fair ruler that you're expecting her to be." It wasn't a judgement on the ascended, just an observation. "Not every ruler is like that. But...if you don't like it, then perhaps moving is a good idea."

That Oliver was not one who had accepted the cure from the Voice was a little surprising, but then Remi wasn't entirely all that familiar with the blacksmith's convictions when it came to Safrin. 'Sure. I'm not sure when or where Ronin and I will be, but...if we find anything worth noting, you can be sure we'll let everyone know."

Glancing over his shoulder and letting his hand fall back toward his side, Remi returns his gaze to Oliver. "Well, I should get back. We're leaving soon, and no doubt Ronin has discovered how little I've packed so far. Good luck, with whatever you decide to do." So saying, Remi smiles, before turning and walking back toward the lighthouse.

~FIN
THE LULLABY