(Open / SE) A Colorful Stone For Your Thoughts?
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
The worst thing about always being on the move...
Neos had in his hands one of the stones that resided from the Rainbow Road, looking over it in amazement from how it kept its multiple colors despite having been moved from its location. It was a relatively-flat one, one he could flip in his hand like a coin with relative ease. The place he was now, a pool that was occasionally flooded by the evening tides to carry away whatever was in them that day, had caught his eye and he had wanted to chill there to process what all had been happening since the last slivers of summer passed him by here and moved on to fall, to Leafchange, he heard the season be called in the port.

"There has to be a way out," Neos muttered to himself, neon-green eyes looking up towards the horizon as he kicked bare feet in the water, "at least for those that want out." His yellow shoes were next to him, annoyed at how he couldn't just make them disappear by pulling them into himself anymore.

The clothes he wore upon arriving in Caido, they were once just as much a part of his body and DNA as the rest of him, now they've been separated by the Voice's alterations. It annoyed him, but he hoped to find a way around it. There was always a way, the trick was always going to be finding it...and it sounds like this Voice was actively opposing anyone finding the way out.
...is that no one believes the tales that emerge later on.
NEOS
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Delta
See the light as it shines on the sea? It's blinding
But no one knows, how deep it goes
Some things are boring and some things are fun.

The most fun comes from people watching because damn are some outlanders freaky.

The people of Torchline were normal, Delta had grown highly used to them. They went about their day, doing their tasks and enjoying life. Yeah, some of it was probably illegal, but it was all Delta knew. And then the portals opened up and... everything just kinda changed. Strange people came in from other worlds. They had new customs and they just... seemed out of place. Mostly thanks to their accents and strange wardrobe attire. Then again, all humans looked weird.

Speaking of humans looking weird, Delta had just spotted one in the distance.

Ducking back into the water, Delta made her way towards the Pool before resurfacing to get a better look at the human.

"Why are your shoes so yellow?" Delta had never seen such bright clothing. it was so odd and yet very intriguing at the same time.
And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me
And let me know, what's beyond that line, will I cross that line?
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
(Mental note to self: this would be the second merperson that Neos has met so far...and it would probably be a good idea to actually make a timeline post on his tracker...)

He froze before looking down and to the side of him, seeing a new face from under the mercifully-warm waters. A merfolk, his brain immediately went to upon identifying the being. A sideways smirk appeared on his face at the question, suddenly reminded of how he was when he first started traveling between worlds and realities, before saying, "I'd tell you, but you ain't likely to believe it."

He crossed one leg over the other before resting his crossed arms over them, wondering what kind of response he would get to that remark. To be fair, if he hadn't lived with it for as long as he had, Neos himself wouldn't have believed the reason why, either.
NEOS
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
The man continues to be rather cryptic, earning a clear head tilt from Delta. "May I see the boot?" No, she wasn't being creepy in that way. Honestly, she thought legs were kinda dumb at times, especially with the feet and how easy it seemed to damage them. Not to mention weird human genitals but that's another story.

Ah right, she didn't answer his comment. "I mean... I do believe people, I just need evidence... you are an outlander, yes? You have very strange hair so that seems likely in my opinion." Strange hair indeed! Her eyes widen and she realizes exactly what she's thinking. "You're like a fish! Your boots are super bright like a yellow tang, but then your hair is like a royal blue tang!" Ah! A human with the colors of a fish! How odd! How strange!

"Is your hair natural? Or do you paint it?"
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos glanced over towards his dress shoes beside him at the pair being referred to as 'boots', raising an eyebrow in confusion as a result. "They aren't boots, they're known as dress shoes...you can say they're more for fancy parties than typical wear. I just like them myself."

He picked one of them up before passing it to the literally-fishy lady, who could feel the textures of a very-thin layer of soft fur with a decent amount of leathery stretch to them if parts were tugged. "Used to be that it was more than my suit and shoes were yellow, but that's something I no longer deal with...if anything, it and something else are one of a couple things the Voice healed upon me entering this reality."

He then straight-up snorted upon being compared to a fish, something he could see after recalling the many colorful aquatic creatures he's encountered in the past. "Yeah, I could probably be seen from miles away, but if I wanna sneak, it won't be like this."

"...and regarding my hair, this was natural upon arriving here, but I don't know if I'm going to be surprised with my hair starting to grow another color after a few weeks or not," Neos responded after thinking about the hair question for a couple of seconds, a look of concern now on his face. Finding, let alone making, this particular color for dying his hair was gonna be an absolute ass if it turned out his hair wasn't gonna stay like this. He could probably do it, he's had experience with alchemical work in the past, but finding what he needed for such a task...

Behind closed eyelids, he was already crossing his eyes at the headache-inducing thought.
NEOS
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
Fancy parties? ”I don’t see any fancy parties here?” Delta gave a good look around. Boots made sense, they were made for water and stuff, but fancy shoes? Was the dude like. Fancy too? How else did he wear such shoes near sand! ”You never see fancy shoes in the ocean, just tons of boots and loose shoes. People don’t lose fancy shoes, never.” That was something Delta felt it was worth adding in.

”So... you like the voice then. Since you say she healed you.”

The hair was... natural? ”You mouth breathers are so odd... speaking so strangely and almost cryptically. I mean... why would your hair change colors again? I’ve never heard of that happening.” This human sure was strange. Very peculiar and, well.... different. She wasn’t sure if she enjoyed it or not. Delta enjoyed stories, but this human didn’t provide any.
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
"It would take some doing to lose these shoes as well," he said as he took it back, a knowing smirk on his face.

Upon being accused of liking the Voice, however, Neos literally didn't hear what was said about his hair and how confusing his words were. In fact, he had been staring out into the distance beyond as she spoke. Only after he registered that his company had stopped talking, the rainbow-colored stone in his hand became held in one hand before he tossed it forward with a lot of force towards the horizon with an aggravated roar. The stone skipped about five times before it finally sunk under the water.

"...I...have no love for that thief," Neos literally snarled. "For what few things she's fixed, she's stolen a lot for from me upon arriving..." He covered his face with his hands as his knees rested upon his ankles. "I feel like I just hatched from my egg," he muttered into his hands while beginning to sob as everything began to hit him at once, not intending to be heard, but also momentarily forgetting he had company.

Behind him, a long-tailed white cat began to emerge, most of the fur turning to pink save for the roots. It opened its eyes to reveal vivid-blue eyes before pawing up behind the false human, hopping up in order to

"...Mew?"

The familiar, but long-unheard before now, high-pitched squeak jolted Neos, causing him to turn towards the source while leaning away and supporting his weight with one arm. Confusion was clear on his face upon seeing the pink feline, blinking while trying to make sense of what he saw before he finally registering the exact voice. "M-m-mistress Mew," he asked in a confused, hopeful and concerned whisper, unsure of how to feel after seeing someone familiar, even if they weren't wearing their usual appearance.

(And so it begins.)
NEOS
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
Squinting her eyes, Delta stares at the shoes. "Those shoes aren't special. Trust me... unless they have magic, you will lose them someday... all things get lost and many end up in the ocean." Sometimes it's awful because it's just trash that ends up in the ocean, but other times, she finds true treasures.

Weirder and weirder. But something catches her eye. Delta's eyes widen. "You hatched from an egg too? Oh! But... you weren't a merfolk, right? Since... I don't think you were one. You don't feel like a merfolk to me." He gave her strange feelings and she wasn't sure what to say about it.

Mistress...Mew?

What the ever living fuck?

Delta had seen some strange things underwater. Sea creatures were weird. They were colorful, had strange shapes, and just everything about them was unique.

This? This was something else... and Delta was unsure of it.

Was she even seeing it? Just to be safe (and to see if it was solid), Delta will use her water magic to shoot water at the creature. Oh well!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos had admittedly recoiled internally upon the realization that he had been louder than he meant to be upon being asked if he had come from an egg as well, but right now, his eyeballs were fully upon the feline next to him.

He was startled by Delta suddenly shooting water at the cat, but he was more so by the fact that the water went through the animal. "N-no...no way..." The false human reached his hand out before trying to pet the small figure near him, only to feel like his heart broke upon his hand moving through it.

He was relieved she hadn't been pulled in here as well, but at the same time, at least one familiar being would be nice. "She's not..."

The feline gave another sad "Mew..." at him, but its this time that Neos realizes something.

"...Mistress...why can't I understand you anymore?"
NEOS
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
The human ignored her! So stupid!

A frustrated sigh leaves Delta's lips and she shakes her head. Not only is this human rude as hell but he's also talking to a fluffy pink thing! It is so strange- not like anything Delta had ever seen. Normally she'd be excited, but something about this was wrong. Just plain wrong. It was like someone was playing a prank on her.

The human continues talking to the creature. "You are an Attuned then? You are speaking to the creature?" But then the human says he cant understand her. Her? "How do you know this creature? I've never heard of a pink cat... did some horrible human dye the poor creature?"
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos shook his head after the seemingly-dyed cat pointed nodded its head sideways towards Delta, causing him to remember two important things at once, that he wasn't alone and he was ignoring his aquatic company in his shock.

"S-sorry, I just..." He violently shook his head as he lowered it, forcing himself back into the moment as he rose it once more to have both mermaid and semi-familiar feline in his view. "This...like me, this is not her original form," Neos managed to say, still startled by what he was seeing. The pink feline nodded to the statement as it gave a confirming meow. "She's also from the same world I'm from..." A look of sorrow emerged on his face as he rose his hand in an attempt to pet the illusion, only for his hand to go right through. "...only the real version's considerably more solid."

He then looked towards Delta before saying with a look of sheepish apology, "Sorry for ignoring you." His brain registered finally one of the questions asked of him before responding while tilting his head, "Attuned are the ones that can take on animals forms, yes?" He looked up towards the sky before glancing back down towards his company. "And Attuned can speak to animals here?" He then looked towards the feline by his side, who had stretched out a leg before licking at it, appearing to be unaffected by the color of the dye. "Guess that's something I'll have to get back in due time," he muttered to himself.

(I had a plan...that I should have at least typed it up, because most of said plan is gone from my head. x.x)
NEOS
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
There is a scrunch of her eyebrows. "Then how is she here? Since... she doesn't seem to be here? She isn't solid... she seems like a spirit but... I don't know." It's odd and Delta doesn't understand it at all in the slightest. "You are weird. You know that?" This human was the weirdest of all humans. So odd, so weird, and so... peculiar. He didn't act normal- but then again, the humans were never normal. This one just especially had his weird hair and also he ignored her bluntly. So rude!

The human apologizes but it's kinda too late- hell, he didn't even say his name! Safe to say, the Princess was unhappy and didn't appreciate being disrespected like this. Even if she wasn't a Princess, this would be rude. "Well- no- they kind of can... Attuned can speak to animals only at a certain point. And even then it isn't quite talking."

Looking around, Delta whistles and a small Hel flies on down before landing delicately on her shoulder. "Like- this is Clifford... he's my companion. I can chat with him, but I cant chat to other animals. If you had a companion you could talk to it as well."
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos had his hands in his hair, elbows on his knees, and now nursing an increasing headache after all he was seeing, hearing and trying to process. It was absolutely overwhelming for the false human right now.

"What I'm talking about regarding understanding...is I used to be able to understand her before I came here, now I can't," he managed to say though the headache, teeth gritting as it was becoming worse and worse.

He then barely recalled the questions about him being born from an egg and something about not being a 'merfolk', causing him to think back to someone else he smacked into in Torchline that had also shown up in the water and had an aquaticly-suited lower body instead of legs. "...you...you heard right earlier about the 'egg' bit...it's because I wasn't human before coming here..." He winced harder as he pulled his head down more into himself. "I was an...an animal before coming here...still trying to get used to this place."

He had pretended to be human for a while, but he was in no mind to recall that fact at the moment. The feline tried to hop up and slip onto his lap, which caused Neos to try to wrap his arms around her...but this resulted in him falling forward and landing facefirst into the water in front of him with a generous splash, the feline now floating where she had been upon hopping up. "WHOA!"
NEOS
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
Delta... kinda understood that. ”I may not look very bright... but you kinda talk about like. Half of your thoughts.” Delta felt almost as if the dude were babying her. Fuck. He completely ignored her! Talking to a specter! And then forgetting she was there the entire freaking time.

And oh- OH BOY. ”Yea... I kinda understood that. What, did you think I don’t like the idea of coming out of eggs? That isn’t a very special thing around here, seeing as all merfolk come from eggs” Something about this boy was really just grinding her gears, and Delta didn’t even have gears! She was a normally optimistic person but nope. This man was just rude and dumb.

Dumb was proven to be right in more ways than one as before she could respond, the man came tumbling in.

With a gasp, Delta dives out of the way, trying to avoid getting crashed into. And call her malicious.... but maybe... okay, Delta actually made a point of trying to ‘accidentally’ brush her tail against his arm, making sure her frills were fanned out. Yeah, it wouldn’t do much, but it’s at least leave a small mark. A little burn, ache. That’s all. ”Do you always act this... empty minded?”