Pilgrimage
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Bastien had heard a new shrine had appeared in the forest from a visitor to his church - he wasn't sure if it was to the Old Gods (whom, he believed, had quite rudely struck him last time he had visited them) or the new, in which case he hoped to see his crush benefactor, Safrin.

Just in case it was the old Gods, he brought a few pieces of fruit, thinking perhaps his lack of an offering had been his downfall last time. It took him a while to find the shrine between the trees as he wasn't used to this part of the area, but eventually he saw some offerings hanging from the branches.

Laying the fruit at the foot of the tree, he knelt down.

"Hello, whoever is here. Maybe my Goddess herself. Maybe someone new. I hope you like this offering -- unless it is Safrin, in which case I am sorry because I know you don't much care for fruit, signora stellata. I am just curious who this shrine is for."

bastien
Baby, lay me down and let's pray

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
The tree was rumoured only to light up at night - but as Bastien set out his offerings and cast his voice into the hollow, it pulsed to him, setting all of the branches afire with its glow.

"Your curiosity is a gift, young one. Let it never fade." A voice like honey rang from within, though nothing yet made an appearance to him. Only the Voice could be heard, literally and figuratively.

"Whilst I can do little with the gifts you bring, they are appreciated always," it continued, feminine and somehow wise with youth.

"Safrin does not rule these woods, so I am afraid your goddess will not hear you. But I do."
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Bastien beamed as he saw the tree light up before him, pleased to have a response that wasn't going to leave a bruise. When he first heard the female voice his heart lept, thinking it was Safrin for just a second - but then he realised it wasn't and he was excited for a whole different reason. Someone new.

While his gifts weren't taken, they weren't spurned either, which he supposed was about as good. Bastien moved to sit at the base of the tree (on a root, so he was not on the snow) when no figure appeared along with the voice, talking up to the tree itself.

"And who are you, Goddess? Are you...Frey? Ludo? Another..?" Honestly, Bastien had struggled to keep check of the pantheon in his head, who was new or old or who would be where, so he had little idea who this voice was.

bastien

Change author:
the VOICE
The tree pulsed with light as Bastien took a seat upon its root, and a peal of soft laughter erupted from within, as though the bartender had told her a particularly amusing joke. "I am neither Frey nor Ludo, and I am not the Safrin whom you hold so dear in your heart. They are older than I, yet no wiser I fear." The overhanging branches glittered, racing with light as if the hollow of the tree was feeding it.

"I am called the Voice, but you may address me however you wish," she said. "You are pure, young one, and filled with questions. What is it that you wish, that you have come bearing gifts to a shrine?"
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

The laughter was delightful, airy and distinctly divine. Bastien smiled warmly up at the tree - had church been like this back in Venice, he would have been a devoted worshipper.

"Then I am pleased to meet someone new." He said, touching the bark of the tree. He was sure that this Goddess wasn't in the trunk, but it was the best to a handshake he could get right now (and for all he knew she could just be a tree. The Gods here were full of surprises).

Bastien was asked what he wished for; it appeared this Goddess was much more giving than Safrin (not to disparage his chosen Goddess, of course, but she was often testy). He thought for a moment, then looked up into the light.

"I would love simply some answers, la voce. About the Gods. How much power they have, what they have power over. In particular, I wish to know of Safrin. She is...unwilling to tell me much about her position here. Do you know what her speciality is? And of course, I want to know of you. It would be rude to come here just to ask of another. "

bastien

Change author:
the VOICE
The tree would pulse warmly beneath Bastien's hand as if in response to his attempted handshake, and the branches overhead would continue to glitter and dance beautifully.

"You seek information, pure one - a noble and admirable thing for anyone. I can give you all that you seek, but... it is difficult, to impart such information using one's primitive tongue."

The Voice's laughter trilled through the tree roots, and the light within the hollow grew brighter still. "There is an item, pure one, lost far within the Ruins... a precious stone that will allow me to give you the knowledge that you seek. Find that stone, and I will be able to help you.

Bastien has been given a God Quest! He must do the following:

Arrange a PQ into the Ruins with two others, to search for the stone. Your search may/may not be successful (you decide!), but whatever you choose, the PQ should end with the party still within the Ruins. (I.E. don't close the quest with you going home).
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

For a moment he thought he was going to get the immediate gratification he wanted - but no, the Voice simply told him it couldn't communicate with him in his tongue. He wanted to suggest that they try something else, then, that he was willing to talk in feelings or touches; but then there was a laugh and a quest.

It sounded romantic, almost like a goal a Knight in an ancient fairy tale could have. While Bastien had never been the adventuring type, he knew immediately that he wanted to do it. He would have done nearly anything to help him better understand his Goddess.

"What will the stone look like, la voce? So that I may know it when I see it."

bastien

Change author:
the VOICE
He accepted the quest so willingly that the tree near blazed with light, as if the deity that resided within (at least for now) would near burst with joy. "Thank you, pure one," the Voice said softly, a warm breeze whispering through the branches as if she were the cause of it. (But that was impossible, wasn't it?)

"The stone is small, but blazes a bright golden colour. It cannot be missed. To my knowledge it was buried in the rubble of the Ruins, within a building that was used formerly as a bath house. You may see statues nearby that will suggest you are in the right area. But that is all I know."
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

Such easy approval from a Divine being was thrilling to get. Bastien couldn't help the wide smile on his face as he nodded along to the hints about the stones location - truthfully he did not know the spot in the ruins that was described, but he was confident he could find it.

"I see. Thank you, La Voce. I will go and find this stone and bring it to you as soon as I can; for knowledge, yes?" Careful reminder of their trade put forth, he stood. "I hope I can come to find you at this place again."

With that said, he gave the tree trunk one last, pondering touch then turned to leave the woods, determined to fulfill his quest as soon as possible.

bastien