Plot Advancing PQ truant hearts
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby
walk me home in the dead of night
The air smelled sweeter this morning, tinged with anticipation and the adrenaline which had been humming through the alchemist's veins since the night before. He was disproportionately excited for this, despite the fact that traipsing into unknown territory and danger was nothing new to him. But perhaps this was different somehow; no longer governor, no longer tethered to any one land in particular, this was simply something Remi was doing because he wanted it.

With Mateo under Ianto's care and Ronin at his side, the Lullaby felt as though they might be able of accomplishing anything at all. So it was that as Remi stood on the edge of the Stonesong, wings outspread from behind his shoulder blades and head turned into the wind, he looked every part the boyish hero of some story, destined to die in some absolutely preventable series of events. Only...Remi couldn't die anymore. Not by regular means anymore. So perhaps his confidence was appropriate. Or, perhaps it was stupid. It was always hard to tell with Remi.

'I don't know that I've ever actually seen a landshark.' Remi muses, glancing over his shoulder at his husband and offering the man a roguish smile.

PQ+ to try and get through the dust storm!

1. Remi
2. Ronin
3. Alina

Remi is bringing himself, some rope, and water.
because i can't be alone with all that's on my mind
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
Alina flew towards the spot the stranger had indicated in his message. Gripping her bow in cloth-covered hands, she scowled. Her entire body was covered in thick clothing, from head to foot. She'd left slits for her wings, but otherwise every inch of skin was covered.

There were goggles on her eyes and her quiver was strapped to her waist and filled with arrows. She had a compass in one pocket as well, and a waterskin attached to her other hip, which was as much preparation as she could think of.

Hovering above the two men, she grimaced as she caught one of their words. "Count yourself lucky." Taking out an arrow, she nocked it and scanned the ground for any sign of attack. "What's the plan?" If a landshark did attack, she'd fire her arrow at it.

Alina brings her bow and arrows, a compass, a waterskin, thick full-body clothing, and a pair of goggles. If the landshark attacks, she'll fire an arrow it.

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"I have. I used to set up perimeters in the Hollowed Grounds, when there had been sightings," Ronin muses, sidling up behind his very heroic looking husband and slipping his arms around him in the spaces between the expanse of feathers and wings. Momentarily burying his face against the other man's neck, and nipping at his ear for good measure, his grip momentarily tightens at the approach of another, loosening only at finding it to be Alina.

Rolling his shoulders and stepping back, the Star whistles high into the sky, calling down Sugar to land about his shoulders, the pale dragon snuffling at the new scents in the air. "The plan is to get through the dust storms and kill some land sharks, as far as I know." He grins. "Remi? This is your crazy idea. What danger are we stepping into first?"

Ronin brings himself, Sugar, and a satchel containing water, rope, a knife and a few long strips of fabric.

He also has the following items:

Type: Light
Eclipse Ring | A silver ring marbled through with an eerie light. When worn, any Ascended within 5ft of the wearer will lose their enhanced senses and speed. {OOC Note: May be used for a maximum of 3 posts per thread.}

Type: Light
Wedding Ring | A ring made of dark stone with flecks of starlit colour inside. Softly beats with Remi's heartbeat regardless of distance. Only works for Ronin/Remi. (Made by Remi)

Type: Grey
Emmett's Axe (Upgraded) | An indestructible axe that will always return to Ronin when thrown. (Made by Remi).
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
walk me home in the dead of night
Remi knew enough of the fae not to argue with Alina as she arrived. Instead, he merely offered her a nod of agreement. "Thank you for coming to assist with this. Having someone who knows the area as well as you, will no doubt be a great benefit." He offers with a polite smile.

"Mmm. I had thought maybe we'd bring back the head of one to the Grounds. Maybe it'll be the one who killed Edy." He adds with a roguish grin toward his husband. Whatever Alina might think of the pair, or whatever she might have heard, if they don't seem to take this seriously it is only because of the wealth of experience that they share. If a landshark is the worst the world has to throw at them today, they'll be back before lunch.

"If Ianto was right, we'd be smart to try and block the sand from our skin." At this, he nods toward Alina who has already done so. "And stay off of the ground. If we're in the air, there's a good chance any landsharks won't even know we're here."

Wrapping a canvas mask over his face with slits for his eyes and his mouth, the alchemist lifts off, wide pale wings carrying him across the sand and into the storm. We should all be able to stay in contact with one another, even if we lose visibility. Remi thinks to the other two, as he sets off about 7ft off the ground, into the storm.

Remington covers his face with canvas, and sets off into the storm.
because i can't be alone with all that's on my mind
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
we name it “wild”
Alina inclined her head at the first man's words. "You're welcome." Hesitating for just a moment, she added, "I'm Alina." She glanced between the two men.

Snorting at Remi's confidence, the huntress' wings fluttered. "If the sand damages my wings too much I probably won't be able to fly," she warned them. As the first man plunged into the storm she opened her mouth to protest.

Snapping it shut, she sighed. Putting away her bow and arrow, she reached into her pocket. Pulling out her compass, she consulted her and adjusted her position slightly. Not able to hear Attuned telepathy, she followed Remi into the storm, trying to keep flying due west for as long as she could.

Alina takes out her compass and tries to fly due west. Her entire body except for her wings are covered in cloth and her eyes are covered by goggles.

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Ronin. And that's Remi." The Star nods to his husband, scritching Sugar under the chin as he explains and glancing between the two of them for their preparations. Rather than a mask, Ronin wraps a scarf around his face and draws up the hood of the coat he's wearing; his dragon snuggles up around his neck, happy to shield herself from the coming storm. Then he whistles to the sky, calling down his nimbus and hopping on it.

"If your wings get hurt, there's room for two on here!" he calls to the Fae - Remi, presumably, is enough of a beast not to need his husbands silly, fluffy clouds. Unless it's for fun, or on a date. Without further ado, he heads due west after the two of them, shooting along on the nimbus with his senses sharp for anything untoward.

Rony covers his face with a scarf and rides his nimbus into the storm!
show me your darkness.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
What a blustery day it is! Hope you brought a coat!

Into the storm the three of you go, airborne to various degrees and covered up to similarly varied levels. In your time away the dust storms have remained by and large the same, unforgiving as they tear through anyone who dares to enter the stinging, slashing sand.

Your visibility is limited, extending out to about 30 feet. In this limited range you can make out very little indeed, save for the occasional cactus. You could swear that the wind is trying to keep you from moving forward - and indeed, a particularly ferocious gust catches Alina's exposed wings, sending her flying backwards five feet and tearing through some of the delicate membrane. Remi and Ronin will have no such struggle, though the going is slow indeed.

And is the ground trembling a bit? Too bad you're all airborne, otherwise you might be able to tell...

Your randomly assigned order is: Ronin, Alina, Remi

The wind buffets Ronin, who RESISTS
The wind buffets Alina, who is HIT
The wind buffets Remi, who RESISTS

HP
Ronin: 297/297
Alina: 28/32
Remi: 585/585

Your visibility is currently 30 feet
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Given that he's been at the back of the group until now, Ronin is in a perfect position to see the gust of wind that tears through Alina and buffets her backwards. He raises an arm to use his sleeve to shield his eyes a little more, urging his nimbus towards her. Sugar lets out a screech as if to try to help the Fae orient herself, and if he's successful, Ronin with draw up in front of Alina to hopefully block some of the storm.

"Need a lift?" he calls to her, jabbing a thumb over his shoulder to the nimbus, which will happily hold the two of them. It might also protect her wings from any further damage. You see anything up ahead? he sends to Remi while he's at it, given that the alchemist will be further in front of them now, as far as he knows.

Ronin tries to block Alina from the worst of the storm and offers a ride on the nimbus. He also asks Remi if he can see anything up ahead.
show me your darkness.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
As the sand and wind cut against and into her, Alina hissed against the pain. A particularly strong gust tossed her backwards and she cried out as the pain and disorientation hit her. When she recovered, she looked around for her companions.

At Ronin's words, the Fae tried to fight against the storm to get to his cloud. "I won't say no." If she was successful, she'd climb aboard and tuck her wings against herself to try and prevent any further damage to them (or worse, getting caught in another gust and being tossed off). Regardless, she would glance at her compass to correct the direction and, if necessary, tell Ronin.

Alina attempts to take Ronin up on his offer and climb on his cloud. If successful, she'll tuck her wings in tight and use him as a shield. Regardless, she'll check her compass and inform the group if they're still heading west.

we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
if you're not going to swim deep with me
Given the state of the world and the lack of visibility, Remi didn't think remaining mostly-human was going to do him any favours. Shifting entirely now, his ears pinned into his mane and his leonine eyes narrowed to slits, the manticore flew forward through the storm, wondering if this was going to be the extent of the adventure he'd been promised.

Still good? Remi calls out. Delah had always been able to hear him, and so the alchemist had assumed it was a trait all Fae shared. That Alina hadn't reached that particular ability was probably something they ought to have covered earlier. Then, with significant snark he adds, Why yes Ronin, I do. The skies have opened up, and I see a lovely oasis. Shall we stop for lunch?

Remington keeps flying straight, as a manticore now.

get out of my waters

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
What does Remi see ahead? At first glance, nothing too exciting. A lot more dust. Some great hulking monolithic pillars of bone. And a handful of cacti, one of which the wind blows him against. The wicked spines pierce the manticore's flesh, doing very little by way of physical damage but leaving his mind a little fuzzy.

As for what he sees now? Who knows, really. Are there things moving, just past what he can see? Shadows below him on the sand? Is it just you, or did that cactus over there just grow a face and leer?

(It's definitely just you, boo.)

Meanwhile, Alina is able to find refuge on Ronin's nimbus, though not before a few grains of stinging sand make it into her eyes. The Dark Star finds himself similarly accosted, his exposed eyes briefly filled with dust. Ow.

Your randomly assigned order is: Ronin, Alina, Remi

The wind buffets Ronin, who is HIT
The wind buffets Alina, who is HIT
The wind buffets Remi, who is HIT
Remi blows back into a dream cactus, and suffers MILD HALLUCINATIONS. These will last three turns unless healed.

HP
Ronin: 290/297
Alina: 26/32
Remi: 578/585

Your visibility is currently 30 feet
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
It's a lot less energy just to say no, Ronin points out, wondering when his husband's sass dial got stuck at 11, but then there's dust blowing into his eyes and he snarls a curse under his breath, having to turn his face away to clear them a bit.

By that point, Remi has blown into a cactus and Alina has joined him on the back of the nimbus, the Fae folding her wings in tight. Urging the cloud onwards so they can join the now-manticore in the dust storms, Ronin takes a risk at squinting around again.

He thinks he can see bones, and cacti, and fuck knows what else. But all that leaves is more questions, rather than any kind of adventure that he was also promised. "I am so glad we did this!" he yells into the storm. Okay, maybe his sass is turned up to 11, too.

Ronin follows after Remi and tries to make sense of where they are.
show me your darkness.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Cursing as sand got into her eyes as she climbed aboard the cloud (despite her precautions), Alina hissed again. She didn't dare lift her goggles to wipe them, so instead she just blinked rapidly as they teared up. Hunkering down and keeping her wings close, she jerked her chin at Remi. "He alright?"

Regardless of Ronin's answer, the Fae will clutch the compass in one cloth-covered hand. Peering at it through her teary vision, she will do her best to make out the direction they are heading. If necessary, she'll let the Dark Star know when or if they veer off from heading towards the west, hopefully across the storms.

Alina stays on the cloud and keeps her wings tucked. She uses the compass to tell their direction and will let Ronin know if they veer away from west. Her entire body except for her wings are covered in cloth and her eyes are covered by goggles.

we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
if you're not going to swim deep with me
I've still got plenty of energy left, don't you worr— Which is precisely about the time Remi's large wings capture a particularly gusty burst of wind, sending him flying backward and into a cactus. Snarling into the wind to feel the slight prickle of the plant—nothing serious—he snaps his teeth together and angles upward. Hopefully this way any literal set-backs won't be accompanied by needles against his ass.

The funny thing about hallucinations, as that largely you're unaware of them. So it is, that as a giant dark dragon goes sailing by in the storms, the manticore pins his ears and huffs at it. Did you invite Jata and not tell me? Remi grumbles to the Star. But if Sunjata is here, then Nate is probably here as well. Or is this his way of apologizing for ignoring us, do you think?

hallucination!Remi thinks he sees Jata in dragon form. He flies a bit higher to hopefully avoid more cacti even if he gets blown backward.

get out of my waters

Coding base by Sky!