[se] honey I'm home
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
ZEPH
you have a happy personality with a heavy soul
Fucking boats.

Fucking ghost whales.

Fucking idiot Outlander children tryin'a send you to an early grave.

It's with a weary groan that you settle onto the front porch of your house, leaning over on the railing and running a hand through salt-and-pepper curls. Your legs still feel like limp noodles given sentience and you're pretty sure your stomach is still somewhere out at sea, but Ludo strike you down if you didn't enjoy being out there. With the wheel in your hands and the boat beneath your feet and the rush of adrenaline surging through you as you outraced phantoms of the deep... there's nothing quite like it, and you certainly see why sailors can lock themselves in a floating wooden cage for months at a time.

Still, it's nice to be home.
sometimes, it gets weird
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
look at everything you've overcome - don't give up now
"I thought that was you."

Vai is very good at hiding her excitement, so it's a testament to Zeph that she doesn't even try to as she pads out onto the porch to see him, sneaking in close enough to press a soft kiss to his cheek, to run playful fingers on the beard starting to come in from his time out at sea. "In one piece?" she assumes, her wandering fingers already promising a thorough investigation to come later on.

"You'll have to tell me everything. You're quite the narrator." Her kisses move now to his fingertips, to his salt and pepper hair, to his shoulder. "But first, how about I make us a drink, and you can have some peace and fucking quiet?" Because based on exactly who was headed out on the trip, Vai has a feeling that the dockhand has had his attention very much occupied the entire way there and back.
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ZEPH
"More or less." Your voice is rougher than usual, but warms up considerably as you speak, coffee eyes falling shut and a happy hum leaving your chest as familiar lips kiss against your cheek. The beard is a wild thing, as is your hair, both of them itchy from salt and a lack of bathing, and you look not unlike a cat as you lift up your chin to improve her access, practically purring at the magic of her hands.

"Drink an' peace an' quiet sound's like a dream," you admit, some of the weariness pushing into your tone. With a low groan you straighten back up, wrapping an arm around her waist as you make your way inside. "Feels like the damn ground's still movin'. An' if I never hear those fucker's voices again it'll be- hey. Fuck was that?"

You've crossed the threshold when you pause suddenly, staring into your house. For a moment you could have sworn you saw someone dart past towards the stairs, but there's no sign of them now. "You got someone over?" you ask, turning to Vai with your brows furrowed. Not that you have any issue whatsoever with her having guests, but there's a weird feeling in your spine that's setting you on edge.
sometimes, it gets weird
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
"Awh, look at you. Rugged and rough from your adventures. I kind of like it." Vai grins, leaning into the arm that slips around her waist when he straightens up. She tucks in close, an arm draping around him in return, and they slip into the house together. Zeph has been away for a week, and besides the house looking markedly more lived in, she's largely left it as it is. There is a small mobile in progress on one of the coffee tables, though, made out of shells and driftwood and sea glass. So sue her - Vai was bored.

She doesn't see the flash of shadow flicker across the doorway, too busy ogling Zeph (a girl has needs, okay), and she's already leaning in for another kiss to the side of his neck when he asks his question. "Mm, no? Felix has gone out. It's just me," she says slowly, only for a similar sort of unease to settle over her. Brows furrowing, she draws back from Zeph a little to glance around. "Why, what did you see?"
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
ZEPH
It's such a bizarre thing, coming home to a house that feels like a home. Oh sure you've been living here for well over a decade, but the last six years of it have felt less like living and more like existing. Now there's signs of other people mixed in with your mess, Vai's projects and Felix's boots and a a different sort of smell, less 'eau de sad old bachelor' and more 'cohabitation cologne'. It's nice, all in all, and you breathe a bit easier for it, your hold on Vervain tightening as she continues to kiss your neck.

She's very distracting, and you're able to let whatever weird trick of the light caught you off guard slide. "Must be seein' shit from bein' out so long," you huff wryly, rubbing the heel of your hand over your eyes. "Thought I saw somethin' headin' t'the stairs. Think th'salt's startin'a marinate my brain. I need a shower- c'mon!"

Turning more fully to your gorgeous companion, you suddenly reach out to grab her more fully, intending to sweep her into your arms and carry her towards the back of the house, where the outdoor shower awaits. You fail notice the face that peers down from between the banisters of the stairway as you do, but it certainly seems to have noticed you and watches through too-wide, too-familiar eyes.
sometimes, it gets weird
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
"I wasn't aware that too much time out on the sea caused mirages," Vai says sweetly, grinning against the soft flesh of his neck. It's easy to take what he says as gospel, to sink back into the ease of his being home, and the witch lets out a squeal of indignance as she's hoisted up and into his arms. "Oh, I see being out on the water has made you manlier," she says with a cackle, an arm slinking around his shoulders so she might lean in and whisper all the things they'll do in the shower alongside getting clean.

It's as they pass by the banister that Vai sees it too, stiffening suddenly in his arms and sitting up with enough force that he might accidentally drop her. "There's a kid in the house," she blurts out, frowning and trying to crane over his shoulder to look up the stairs. "Did one of them run in from outside?" she wonders.
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
ZEPH
"That an' dehydration. Yer tea's a fuckin' miracle, but my stomach still ain't cut out for spendin' that long on a boat." I puked a lot is implied but not said, because ruining the delight of seeing her again with detailed discussion of your nausea isn't really something you're feeling just now. And when her legs are around your waist and her arms over your shoulders and she's whispering a litany of sinfully delicious filth in your ear, well, goodbye any thoughts about being on a ship - or anything else, really, because your blood is definitely not prioritizing that head.

You're beginning to question your ability to make it as far as the shower before you begin to strip off her clothes, but the way she stiffens in your arms catches you off-guard, causing you to stumble a bit. "A kid?" you repeat skeptically, following her gaze to the stairs and seeing nothing there. "Fuckin'- Oi! Kid! Get outta here 'fore I sic my dragon on ya!" Ki is about as far from being a dragon while still being a reptile as is technically possible, but whoever has decided to ruin your triumphant return doesn't need to know that.
sometimes, it gets weird
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
"Mm, well you can tell Jack that the next time he wants to drag you on a voyage that long, he's gonna have to go through me first," she informs him with a soft smile that belies the sharp challenge in her gaze. Vai leans in to kiss his forehead, as if that will make it all better - but then there are kids sneaking into the house and chaos erupting all around and thoughts of a steamy shower are long overdue.

The call from Zeph is met with a predictable nothing in response, leaving the witch thinking she's going crazy, and she glances back to the dockhand with a sheepish smile. "I'm sure there was someone there," she says, before giving him a gentle nudge. "Unless being without you has made me paranoid. Do you want to go and check, or shall we say fuck it and go and shower?"
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
ZEPH
"My hero," you grin back, the teasing offset by the way your eyes sparkle with adoration, fully confident that she would give Jack a run for his money and then some. Tilting your head up, you press a grizzled kiss to her cheek, and then her nose. "I promise t'try'n avoid leavin' that long again." And gods, do you mean it. Even a week felt like too long with a woman like her waiting at home.

Alas, your idyllic return has been thoroughly derailed, leaving you frustrated both emotionally and sexually. "I'm told withdrawal can have that effect," you agree, squeezing playfully at her ass before turning back to the stairs. You should do something, buuuuut.......

"I dunno, if it is a kid there ain't too much they can get into, right?" Whether you're trying to convince her or yourself doesn't matter, because you've already returned to kissing her neck, content to believe you're both seeing things-

-when a creak followed by a heavy whump rings out from upstairs, causing you to release your hold on Vai and spin around, whip-like, a storm of aggravation crossing your weather weary face. "Tits'a Rae- are they in th'fuckin' attic?" you demand, wondering why in seven hells anyone would be heading up there, and more than a little panicked at the thought. There's a lot of shit up in your attic you'd really rather never saw the light of day again.
sometimes, it gets weird
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
"Mm. I'll try and make sure your homecoming isn't too brilliant, then. Just in case it encourages you to leave, so you'll get more of the same when you come back," she murmurs, cheeks flushing at the kisses that he lavishes on her, fingers threading through the back of his hair. Gods if it isn't near impossible to stay on track with her legs wrapped around him, Vai grinning as his hands move to her ass and his lips to her neck, the witch fully prepared to say fuck it and leave it until later.

But the sound of something heavy dropping makes her jump, and she slips out of Zeph's arms to walk back towards the stairs with him, a hand moving to his arm. "It certainly fucking sounds like it," she mutters, giving his arm a gentle squeeze before padding up said stairs without a second thought. "Let's sort this out," she calls, before hollering up for whoever is around to quit fucking around.
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
ZEPH
Motherfucking cock-blocking street urchins of doom. You half-snarl-half-whine as she pulls away from you, following along up the stairs and making no effort to hide your aggravation. At least you get to watch her ass ascend, not a bad silver lining as these things go, but considering that ass was in your grasp a minute ago it's scant comfort indeed.

You don't add your voice to the hollering, but you are alarmed and, frankly, deeply unsettled to see that the hatch up to the attic does indeed hang open, the stepladder sitting with its feet on the ground. "Why th' fuck would anyone go up there?" you mutter, peering up into the darkness, your face fixed in a scowl. "Maybe it was the wind or somethin', there's no way-"

And then something fucking moves over the open hatch, and you could swear you saw a flash of bright eyes and dark curls. A chill runs once more down your spine; you glance at Vai, wondering if she's seeing this shit too.
sometimes, it gets weird
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
"Probably just kids fucking around. They have to find some way of showing you they missed you, Zeph. Though next time, it'd be nice if they could just fucking say it," Vai grumbles, irritated but good natured about it given that a) they're kids and b) she hasn't been out at sea for a week. She can't begrudge Zeph his bad mood, coming home to this under his belt. Still, her brow furrows to see the hatch to the attic hanging open, the witch padding up close to it and shaking her head slowly, as if to infer that the wind would have had to come through a pretty big hole to do something like this.

She does jump at the sight of the kid that goes running past, however, a hand flying to her chest, and she shakes her head at Zeph. "Can we get a lock for this hatch?" she asks softly, moving to begin ascending the ladder. "One of them could break their damned necks, running around up there." Again she hollers up for them to stop messing around, that the attic could be dangerous and also, it isn't their house.
Vervain
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
ZEPH
"Never needed one before." You are trying very hard not to let any shaking into your voice, but there's definitely a quiver of uncertainty there as you stare up at the dark expanse that holds much of your history. Every remaining scrap of El (and most of those of Rayne) have been tucked away into the corners of the dusty space, gathering cobwebs and little else. "Maybe we should shut 'em in there," you grumble uncharitably and only half in jest, but Vai's already making her way up the ladder.

A better soul than you.

You grab a lantern from your bedroom before following her up. In that time Vai will have emerged into a poorly lit space of sloping ceilings and copious dust motes that dance in the few beams of sun which pierce through foggy windows. There's a mess of haphazardly stacked boxes that look like they were thrown into place without much thought to safety or order creating something of a labyrinthine effect, and the witch will catch a glimpse of a black-haired child darting out of sight behind one of them, further into the gloom.

"Any sign'a 'em?" you call up, poking your head through the gap behind her, the lantern held aloft. "Ugh, this place is a fuckin' mess. What's a kid doin' up here?"
sometimes, it gets weird
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
"Zeph," Vai barks back at him as a gentle warning, though there's a smile on her lips from halfway up the ladder. He can be a grouchy old man, but there's a heart of gold beating away in there, so she lets him get away with his grumbles, hauling herself into the loft and waving dust and cobwebs away from her face. Her nose itches and she has to blink a few times to get her eyes adjusted to the dim space, and she steps out of the way to let Zeph emerge with the lantern. And to see the kid dash behind one of the boxes.

The state of the place is the last thing on her mind for the time being, given that there's a small boy running around, and she pursues him now there's nowhere left to go, letting out a triumphant aha as she ducks under a beam and follows behind the boxes. "I gotcha. We could have locked you in here, you know. You could have been forgotten!" Her tone is mildly chiding, but not all that angry, mainly because the witch melts around children. Everyone has a weakness, so sue her.
Vervain