Personal Quest Quality Assurance Testing
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

The barrier.

It always came back to the barrier. All the work to try and understand the Spire was simply because Ludo had told him that it was their way out. Flying to the top hadn't helped, and despite Wessex's miraculous recovery (revival?) they had all still decided to wait until the snow was gone before taking on the beast. It was a smart move of course and not one that Remi would dream of arguing against. Even so, waiting around was not something he found he could do anymore. There had a been a time in Northaven when none of these sorts of decisions ever filtered down to him, where he never thought he might the type to actually make a difference. Now though? Well, perhaps those things hadn't actually changed, but Remi wanted to at least try.

Which was why he'd posted a notice, asking for assistance.

ATTENTION MAGIC USERS

I would like to conduct various experiments at/around the barrier to see if/how magic effects it. All participants will be kept a safe distance from the barrier at all times.

If you would like to assist, please come prepared to use your powers in various situations. You should be properly rested. We will be meeting directly to the west of the Sanctuary. Please arrive Friday at noon.

--Remi Abruzzo

And so, with various things with him, at his disposal, and planned, Remi waited.

This is a magic-based PQ! Ascended's who ahve recently bit a magic user and have magic to use may join! If your character would like to spectate (Or heckle, Jigano) feel free! Just make it clear that you're not in the PQ itself.

Please only join if you have time to reply relatively quickly. This is my last levelling requirement for Remi at this level so I'm twitchy ;) If you don't have time to keep up but want to be in the thread, that's totally fine!

Spots
1. Remi
2. Zariah
3. Vervain
4. Jigano
5. Ashetta
6. ---?
REMI
Where do you go when you're right next to me?
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Zariah
Be dangerous darling, for the world rises and falls at your feet.
Attention magic users. Well that got her attention.

Zariah noticed the sign as she ran various errands. Things had been boring since coming here...which had been a nice change of pace frankly. But boring got...well...boring...fast. Not to mention her missing her husband who's whereabouts remained unknown and her family being as dysfunctional as ever. Yeah. A distraction infused with some excitement sounded good to her.

She showed up at the meeting spot just a bit early - better that than late after all. Her wild hair was pulled back in a pony tail, and she looked as creepily doll-like as ever. Zariah crossed her arms and approached the young man she assumed put up the notice. "You're Remi, I take it? Zariah Launceleyn." she said. She felt like she may have heard his name from Delphine once upon a time but wasn't certain. It didn't really matter though. This was about magic, not personal connection.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Change author:

Edrei Launceleyn
You know I talk too much. Come put your lips on mine and shut me up

(Not in the PQ officially, since, duh, it's me)

Well, there was no way that Edy was just not going to show up for some magical bullshit, especially if Zariah was. And so, feeling a bit like Northaven had wrapped its arms around her once again, Edy followed the family head towards the barrier. For those who'd gotten to know the teenager since arriving here, they'd find her shockingly subdued in Zariah's presence. That was of course because the woman had knocked her unconscious several times for her sass and was by and large the only real family Edy had left here. Well, there were the kiddos of course, but they didn't really count.

"Shooting magic at a bubble." Edy mused, glancing over her shoulder at Z and then crossing her arms. "You think Loren will show up out of his sex cave or wherever he's been to help out?" The answer was undoubtedly no (Loren hadn't shown up for anything else in the past few months), but Edy was still more than a little bitter about how Loren had chosen to leave them all, and Zariah was the only other person who would really understand what she was going through. Sure people came and went, but the Launceleyns weren't just any family. They weren't the type you left.

There was also the fact she'd become hella good with fire recently, and she sort of wanted to show off to the head that she hadn't been completely slacking off since coming here.

Image by Lamreii!

Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

(SPECTATOR - not in the PQ)

Kalt didn’t completely trust his magic just yet. He was still feeling it out with the transition into this world. He had had too many ups and downs with his abilities, and so far, he didn’t have them all back. Needless to say, he doubted his capabilities to actually truly contribute to the task that Remi organized. Regardless, Ashetta certainly had the ability to contribute, and in all honesty, there was no way he would even attempt to keep her away from anything involving breaking through the barrier.

He had made sure Theea was taken care of with Sylvia, then brought Kysma out of her field. The unicorn was fucking fast and she loved to run, so any chance Kalt got to let her stretch her legs was taken without hesitation. Today was one of those days. He mounted her bareback with Ashe sitting right behind him and they practically flew to the barrier.

They dismounted, and he pulled Ashe in for a quick kiss with a grin, before getting poked with a silver horn in the back. He turned around to give a sharp glare at the black horse, then smirked again to Ashe. ”Give it hell,” he said quietly, squeezing her hand before turning away.

Slipping his gloves on and followed by the large unicorn, he walked over to Edrei and gave the girl a crooked grin. ”Think this’ll work at all?” He asked her. ”Name’s Kalt, by the way.” He patted Kysma’s neck, as she lowered her head to snuff at the snow, unhappy that it made galloping more difficult than normal.

{bunny permission granted by Jae}

KALT
don't you just love the feeling
when you know something is wrong
but you're going to do it anyway?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Jigano ambled his way out to the appointed meeting place, bundled up against the cold but in his usual neutral colors looking nothing so much like a bit of winter come to life. He smiled at Edrei, but the expression froze, fading away to neutrality as Kalt arrived with the assassin woman - clearly together. The unicorn would normally have fascinated him, but Ashetta's appearance would have been enough to take the joy from the day if there had been much to start with.

Staying a little apart from the others, he simply nodded to Remi, courteously professional. "You helped me," he said simply. "I no long have magic at my disposal, but I can chronicle the results of the tests, and perhaps offer suggestions from my own experiences, if anyone has magic similar to what I once wielded." He was, after all, a lorekeeper. Being there to take notes and make connections was only natural.

At the end, though, his lips quirked in a smile. "That, and you may need someone not magically inclined in case the Barrier reflects or lashes out at your attacks. I might be able to drag some of you to safety if it doesn't see me as a threat. Worst-case scenario only, of course."
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
   Of course Ashe was here, there wasn't a chance in hell she was going to ignore a posting like that. She held tightly to Kalt as his unicorn - holy shit - carried them with heart-stopping speed for where the gathering had been called. She couldn't help her breathless grin as they arrived, not realizing how desperately she missed riding until then. When was the last time she had? Once it had been an engrained part of her life.

It was with reluctance that she dismounted as they arrived, her hand moving softly over Kysma's back before stepping forward. Her eyes immediately found Remi, Zariah, and Edrei, and her heart leaped with anticipation. Learning whatever she could to get through that barrier... as focused as she was on the group, she wasn't prepared when Kalt pulled her into him. Her attention was stolen briefly by a kiss, and then he was moving away while she still blinked in momentary surprise. Give it hell.

Ashe smirked grimly and moved her gaze back to Remi and the others. She approached them just as yet another - though newly - familiar face arrived. Ashe raised her brows at Jigano, knowing full well how the white haired man felt about her. He was probably the first person she'd met since the red fox that reacted appropriately to finding out who she was. She turned her attention to Remi then, flashing him a crooked smirk as she stepped up beside him and nudged her shoulder into his. "Heya Remi," she greeted smoothly before she nodded to the others. Her gaze returned to him with a quirked brow. "What've you got in mind for this?"

Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

Well rested? Yes. Feeling good? Another story. Still, as determined as her body was to overthrow her plans with bouts of dizziness and nausea these days (she was still trying to find time to visit the infirmary as per Devrum’s plea with her), the notice from Remi would never go unanswered. She arrived late to the party, or relatively so, trekking through the snow on well wrapped feet from the direction of the Woodlands where her new home resided.

Vai recognised more faces than she had expected, blue eyes lighting up at the sight of one of her bartenders and her resident bard among the attendees. Wrapped in fur and leather but for once without her bow to hand, she brushed her shoulder against Edrei and nodded to Jigano in greeting. ”You should have said; I’d have arranged for us to bring some refreshments from the cellar,” she told the Launceleyn girl with a wink, before moving to greet the organiser of this little gathering.

”If we manage to pop this bubble through sheer force of magical will, I’m nominating you for a prize,” she told Remi warmly, mussing his hair and kissing his cheek. Ashetta received a similar treatment, before Vai stepped back to await the alchemist’s instructions.

vervain
touch-a touch-a touch me
I wanna be dirty
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
archebold
Fear is the price of imagination
"Magic users?"

Archebold purred curiously as he arched his head to the side. Fanged grin flickered through his lips.

He wasn't magically gifted to say the least, though obviously there would be plenty who were. If he was to be believed as to what his people were capable of, Archebold knew that would be a minor nuisance. At least for now.

A nibble here. A nibble there...That's all he really needed.

So he arrived, a symphony of beating hearts greeting him. Beautiful, strong, and pumped full of untapped power.

"Hello Sad Eyes...told you I'd be there if needed."

Archebold called to Remi as he tapped along with his walking stick. A wink given to the Alchemist as he looked over the others.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Change author:
MP: 2259

Given that Zariah was the first to arrive, Remi suddenly found himself feeling incredibly self-conscious. Though he'd heard nothing but refrains of there is no hierarchy here, still he could not think of the Launceleyn as anything but ranking significantly higher than himself. With a hand over his heart and one folded against the small of his back, Remi bowed as deeply to her as he might have done to one of the royals—had he ever met one—before rising and flashing her what he hoped was a confident and appreciative smile. "My lady. Thank you for assisting with this task. Having someone with your immense talents is appreciated."

Jigano 's presence was certainly a surprise. To Remi's knowledge the bard did not possess magic, and of course it never occurred to Remi's humble and naive mind that anyone might want to come spectate at this event, much less be there to help should things go wrong. Blinking in surprise though as the bard mentioned that he did in fact possess magic once, Remi nodded nearly dumbfounded, both appreciative for the lorekeeper's presence and also quietly engrossed in the backstory he was not privy to. "Worst case only." Remi chuckled, his cheeks dimpling with a smile. "Well, let us hope it does not come to that. But thank you for being here."

The sight of the unicorn carrying both Ashe and Kalt immediately stole the air from Remi's lungs. If he had not just seen Ronin with a baby dragon he might well have doubted his eyes at seeing such a creature. Instead, he swallowed and gave Ashetta a rather crooked smile. "Quite the entrance." He said with a chuckle, nudging her back playfully. "I think we will start small to ensure that nothing untoward happens—" He glanced at Jigano having said this, then returned his stare to Ashe. "—and then see where we go from there."

Crinkling his nose as any son might do when receiving affection from his mother—though the alchemist clearly adored Vervain, that much was blatantly obvious—he raised a brow and nodded. "Well I am glad someone thought to nominate me for a prize. It is why I am doing all of this of course." He said with a chuckle, taking a breath and thinking that perhaps they had enough to get started, when—

Hello Sad Eyes...told you I'd be there if needed

Spinning, Remi gazed upon Archebold with a befuddled expression that dissolved into a crooked smile. "Captain Cobb?" Remi said hesitantly appearing not to be put-off by what some might consider a condescending nickname, but instead appearing just as surprised by his presence as he was by Jigano's. But then the captain was a well-versed man in many things. And perhaps having someone who could not feel pain might be a help.

Turning to address the group at large, Remi pulled his notebook from his bag and looked over the notes that he'd written earlier when coming up with the steps for this test.

"First I would like to see how the barrier reacts to magic individually. We will work up to a group assault as well, but it will be easier to record the results if there is only one attack happening at a time. You may attack with the same magic that someone else did...it might be that the barrier reacts differently based on who is attacking, or it might not. Either way, it will tell us something about it.

Because I ..."
Trailing off, Remi ran a hand awkwardly through his hair, looking to Vai and knowing that her mere presence alone would help reassure him. "—am new to magic, if you could say what it is you will be casting against the barrier, that would be helpful."

So saying, Remi stepped to the side notebook in hand. His magic would probably not prove to be terribly useful for an assault, but given that they had no real baseline yet, that hardly mattered.

"Earth." He said, raising his hands slightly and taking a breath. The area near the barrier suddenly erupted the alchemist grabbed at it with his magic. The mounds of snow fell away and a column of hardened and compact earth rose up to strike against the barrier.

No posting order!
Zariah Ashetta Vervain Archebold
REMI
Where do you go when you're right next to me?
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
VAI
The huntress
Hearing Remi out, Vervain shot him an encouraging smile and nodded as he explained, having dropped back to stand with her daughter to listen. Her eyes widened a fraction as she watched the earth erupt up to attack the barrier, lips parting with a mixture of shock and admiration. Since when had the little featherball she'd carried back to the settlement all that time ago become capable of something like this?

Grinning to him, she stepped forward, having to approach a little closer to ensure she maintained control. "Air," she called out, raising her hands as if to draw an imaginary bow. Around her the air whipped about and condensed, and Vai narrowed her eyes to try and keep concentration on the fickle element. This was not at all like it had been in Northaven, and she felt herself becoming annoyed with it; these days it was easier to heal wounds magically than it was to tune herself to the wind.

Still, putting personal feelings aside to focus, she shot a narrow bolt of air towards the barrier with a hiss of effort.
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Zariah
Be dangerous darling, for the world rises and falls at your feet.
Zariah glanced over at Edrei and rolled her eyes, a small frown curving her lips. "I highly doubt it. I am not sure what is wrong with him frankly." Was he just so infatuated with whoever that he didn't want to leave them (and if so why not just introduce them to the family?) or was he truly avoiding them all? She knew things hadn't been perfect. She knew Loren had gotten the worst treatment of all of them. But she also knew that these things needed to be forgiven, and more importantly that they could be. Just consider her and Edrei - that had been a very rocky start to put it lightly. Zariah truly regretted her actions during that time. She had become better since then. And Edrei did not avoid her for it.

Because they were family. In the end, they were all they had. If they didn't hang on to each other, what else did they have?

The doll-eyed mage raised a brow as Remi deeply bowed. It was the respect the head of her family deserved but she had never received. And to receive it here, where Launceleyn no longer held weight? That was especially surprising. Plus compliments were always nice. "I am happy to give my assistance in endeavors that require magic...though I am surprised you seem to know me." she said, wondering if he might reveal where he knew the family name, and subsequently her, from. If he was new to magic it certainly couldn't be from Northaven or Northwind - and precious few people there that should have known the name did.

She didn't pay much attention to the others in attendance, instead focusing on the task that Remi gave. "Lightning and fire." she announced. A mere look towards the barrier and a powerful bolt of lightning struck the wall, as well as the snow covered grass. The snow melted from the heat, sparking on the plant-life blow. The spark was all she needed to grow it into a decent sized flame that moved up the barrier with a flick of her wrist.
Messenger

Age: 28 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 (lvl 3 Attuned) - Strg: 10 - Dext: 27 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
PERCY - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed) SOOT - Regular - Wine Spider
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 150
   Ashe smirked, glancing her eyes over to where Kalt stood with Kysma and letting her gaze linger there for a moment. "Kalt has a love for the dramatic," she said, and she returned her attention to the task at hand. Did she expect the barrier to come down today? Hardly. But she expected to come away from this having learned something useful.

At her mother's arrival, her eyes sparked and she smiled with a wrinkled nose at her mussed hair, but the kiss to the cheek was welcome. She glanced side-long at Remi who had gotten much the same greeting from Vervain , and something in her warmed. That her mother and her brother didn't hate her for her disappearance was nothing less than an immeasurable relief. The arrival of Archebold however, sent her spine locking, turned the blood in her veins to ice. Tense, her electric blue eyes watched him with a sharp wariness until Remi addressed them once more.

Simple enough. But.. Earth? Remi could manipulate the earth? She wanted to ask him about it, but now wasn't the time as Zariah -

Lightning. The assassin's eyes went wide as she watched the former blueblood make her blast, and her heart leaped to her throat. Another lightning mage. She knew Zariah Launcelyn to be a dark magician back in Northaven, had known that destruction mages could manipulate the elements, was that what this was? Or.. was she finally not alone in her magic? She blinked and resisted bombarding the woman with questions - Zariah was a Launcelyn, she had been more than loyal to the crown that Ashe had hated, and it was a tough habit to break her wary mistrust of the upper teir of blood status.

So instead, Ashe took a slow breath and turned to face the barrier, eyes narrowing. "Here goes." She held her hand out, and brilliant veins of electricity crackled down her arm. "Lightning," Ashe said firmly. The bolts exploded from her palm in an arcing, weaved pillar of blinding blue and white. Ashe's lips flickered to a barely-there smirk as the magic hit true, but she held the lightning, bolts spreading from where it struck and battered at the target.

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
He had returned Vai's nod with a smile for his lovely employer, but as his gaze swept the rest of the gathering Jigano's eyes narrowed. He counted Edy as a friend, but she was fawning over the unpleasant woman from the library. He had enjoyed Kalt's company, but the man's allegiance to the assassin woman was clear... and he felt a curl of disappointment verging on disgust in his belly at how warmly Vervain and Remi welcomed the asp to their breasts as well. And then there was the gauchest vampire he'd ever had the displeasure of meeting...

But his reasons for coming remained true. However little he liked half the little gathering, he still felt compelled to witness and record their findings, giving what help he could in spite of his lack of magic.

Notebook in hand, he recorded the names of those he knew and their elements as they called them out. Remi assaulted with Earth - the pup was just full of surprises, wasn't he? And Vervain struck with air - another unexpected skill. Still, the bard wrote furiously as his eyes flicked up to catch Zariah's assault with lightning and fire both. Quite a number of different elements... but no water, to close one of the traditional circles. He glanced to Ashetta to see if she would manage it, but she only repeated Zariah's attack. Still, it gave him a chance to discover if the barrier reacted differently to different casters, and he continued to write his observations with a focus that didn't discount the presence of the predators around him - he kept careful track of them all and, when necessary, shifted to get a 'better look' at the barrier to keep his distance from unwelcome interruptions.
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
archebold
Fear is the price of imagination
"Archebold please..."

Archebold corrected Remi with a bow of his head as he leaned against his walking stick and looked over the others.

Zariah Ashetta Vervain ...though as he looked the Vai, dark eyes looped back over in a double take.

"Well...isn't this just a charming lot you've assembled. As far as my contribution...well, absence of pain and reinforced bones makes me a rather sturdy guinea pig. While I don't possess magic per say...there is a most peculiar thing that occurs if allowed to feed just briefly."

The former captain would walk over to Vervain and glance her over.

"It would be in your best interest to perhaps, indulge this curious gift of mine."

Leaning over, he would mutter the latter quietly so only she could pick up what was said.

"There is music in all of you that I can hear. The heart pumping life inside you...yours is different. Your heart is not alone, there is another beating inside of you...softer than any other here. Consider this, if you haven't before...please, may I? If not for your sake, than the sake of the child you bear."

Archebold held out his hand for Vai to offer her wrist.

"I'm many things to many people, but I'm not monster...please."

He could quietly request, had this news come as a shock to her, perhaps she would consider allowing Archebold to bear a part of her magic to at least lighten some of her burden. She was strong, the thump of her heart and body signalled that much. She was not going to leave, but he was hoping she would at least consider having him aid her. Archebold intent to aid Vervain in wielding her element.