Personal Quest It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Between his illness and his curse, Amun had been out of commission for most of the previous season. However, despite all that, he'd somehow snagged himself a new gig as Wessex's advisor. Unfortunately, he eventually decided that he probably shouldn't conduct official government business out of his pottery studio. Appearances and all that.

So he'd scouted out the buildings next to Theskyra House. Thankfully, there was one directly across the street that didn't seem in terrible shape. He'd dragged a bunch of building materials over to it before sending out a note to the Ascended asking for help and to meet him tonight after the sun set. As they arrived, he would greet them with a nod and a smile.

This is a PQ to build an office for Amun's advisor position! It's going to be upgrade-focused. There are currently two open spots, though more can be made available upon request.

1. Bastien
2. Nate
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
Well, if he was to be a part of this council, Bastien supposed it was time to pitch in for the community efforts; personally he wouldn't be needing an office, finding the idea vaguely nauseating, but if Amun wanted one? He'd help with it. Hopefully Amun didn't mind it being unorthodox or aesthetically unusual, as most things Bastien assisted with ended up becoming. He simply could not control his powerful artistic whims, it was a curse-!

Riding up to the house on his board, having taken a trip around Sanctuary to take in the evening, Bastien stopped and hopped off before Amun, picking up the board and looking up at the building with a grin, cupping his eyes as if it might still help his Ascended eyes to see better. "So, this is to be your kingdom!"

-

Bastien is here to help!
Some people can't get success with their art
Some people never feel love in their heart
Some people can't tell the two things apart
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Oh, how wrong we were to think That immortality meant never dying
It’s pure luck that he’s in the Grounds anyway when the note finds him, but it’s boredom that actually has Nate answering it, walking the irritatingly familiar streets of the Sanctuary until he comes out near Theskyra house, coming upon his brothers there.

”Bastien, it seems like I’m seeing a lot of you this visit.” Nate’s hand comes to clap on the artists shoulder before his mismatched gaze turns to Amun. A grin and a cheeky salute are offered to the newly minted second in command, the doctors voice a bright, nasally chirp. ”Ready to work boss.” At least he doesn't wink with it.

Nate is here to help!
NATE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Grinning at Bastien, Amun snorted at the artist's joke. "Don't let Wessex hear you. She might start to think I'm getting ideas in my head." Winking, the potter waggled his eyebrows.

As Nate arrived, Amun chuckled. "A king and a boss, huh?" Smirking, he saluted right back at the doctor. "Stop, you two, I'll get a swelled head."  The potter put a hand over his heart in mock horror.

Now that help had arrived, he rubbed his hands together and explained the issues. "The roof needs to be repaired, the outside needs to be stripped of the old paint and repainted, and the inside needs to be cleaned and the furniture put in order or replaced." Indeed, the roof tiles were loose and had fallen out completely in places, the outer walls were peeling everywhere and the paint had faded to an ugly brownish color, and the inside was filled with cobwebs, dirty, and a desk that wobbled from a splintered leg and chairs in various stages of disarray.

No post order! The roof needs to be retiled, the outside needs to be repainted, and the inside needs to be clean and the furniture repaired and arranged. Pick your task and get to it. Please summarize your characters actions at the bottom of the next reply.
AMUN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
"And how lucky for you, Nate!" Bastien greeted cheerfully, returning the touch and grinning at his friend and countryman (well, sort of). With two of his once-dance squad and a project to do, this was shaping up to be a good evening. He laughed good humouredly at Amun's jokes, just about resisting making a comment about the size Amun's head was already (because really, who was he to talk?).

As soon as he heard there was a task involving paint, he was on it. Perhaps it was predictable, but Bastien had always loved to spread colour, even if it was the boring kind people put on houses (he'd always wondered why people didn't paint their homes pink or green or with a pattern, cowards). "I will sort the paint."

Of course, before he could put down new, he had to get rid of the old. He began to scrape with whatever the nearest large implement was, using his board to lift himself up a couple of feet to get higher when he needed to. Once the old paint was crumbled on the ground, he would begin to put on a fresh coat.

--
Bastien scrapes off old paint and puts on new!
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
He felt lucky, agreeing unknowingly with Bastien's assessment. This was shaping up to be a great evening. "You're gonna have to get used to at least one of them, position like yours." It's not all jokes and ribbing though, they are here to do a job, and Nate finds himself grinning wide when one of them is something he's done before.

"I'll get the roof." Nate offers easily, already seeing everything he'd need to get it done. "We'll leave you to get things decorated the way you like, huh?" Grabbing the few tools he'd need, and a ladder, Nate clambers up onto the roof, getting to work pulling away the tiles that were completely ruined. Warnings are to Bastien now and then, before Nate drops a load of ruined tile to the street with an all too satisfying clatter.

What goes down has to come back up though, and it's one of those moments where Nate has never been happier to be ascended. He's carried flats of shingles up a ladder before, he knows it's shitty, shittier with tile, but he can't really feel the fatigue of it.

Nate rips up the old roof and starts to bring the new tiles up
NATE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Chuckling at Nate's response, Amun winked at the "doctor." "Don't worry. I can definitely get used to being on top." As the other two men tackled the outside jobs, the potter nodded. "So kind of you to leave me with the heavy lifting," he drawled. Watching them for a moment to make sure they had everything under control, he smiled in approval as they got down to business.

Which they did. Bastien was able to scrape off about a third of the existing paint, all of one wall and part of a second. Up on the roof, Nate was able to remove and replace a quarter of the tiles.

Meanwhile, Amun went inside. Where he was immediately confronted by an unforeseen problem: a colony of Humming Bats had taken up residence, which he hadn't seen or noticed when he inspected the building earlier. They started flying around in a panic as he arrived. Sighing, he raised his hands.

Lightning zapped out from his palms. He wasn't trying to hit them, just corral them outside. Although he managed to scare off a few, more still flapped around.

No post order! Please summarize your characters actions at the bottom of your next reply.

Bastien was successful in removing about a third of the existing paint.
Nate was successful in replacing a quarter of the tiles.
Amun encountered a colony of Humming Bats, and chased a few outside. More still remain.
AMUN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien was happy to be in the midst of pleasant banter and joking, chuckling obligingly at Amun's comment about being on top. "Perhaps you are left with the lifting, but I have taken on the most skilled work; you will see after this that your walls sing with colour and an even coating." He promised, quite happily rolling the paint on over large patches of the wall and leaning somewhat dangerously to reach far corners: it wasn't like it'd hurt if he fell.

Once he was finished with that section, there was more paint to remove. Bastien began to scrape again, using the same tool to scratch hard at the edge of the old, rotting varnish and reveal the rough surface beneath. "I wonder, the person who first painted this - how they would feel now." He wondered idly, as the flakes began to fall.

--
Bastien paints the section he revealed, then goes to scrape more.
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate just laughs brightly on his way up the ladder, a single careless arm flung out towards the tiles he hadn't begun to move quite yet. "You think you got stuck with the heavy lifting?" Leaning back off the ladder, Nate works to meet Bastiens eye, an exagerrated shrug rolling over his shoulders as if to say this guy, huh?

It was a relief to realise that after a momentary pause, Nate remmebered how to do this, though it was work that went much slower than he really expected. The difference between what he'd done and what he hadn't was enough to keep him motivated, if only to make everything looks good. His hands don't slow when Bastien speaks, the question given a moment of thought. "Don't think they'd mind it being taken care of." He certainly wouldn't, if it were him.

The sound of a commontion within the house does stop him working, Nate shifting closer to a window so he can shout in to Amun. "Y'okay in there?"

Nate continues working on the roof and asks Amun if he's doing ok
NATE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun grinned at Bastien's response. "I would expect nothing less from a master such as yourself." Snorting at Nate's reply, the potter called up to the "doctor." "If you want to swap, just say the word! I'd love to not have to lug furniture around." With one last wave, Amun entered the building.

Perhaps Bastien should've spent more time focusing on his work and less time musing about the previous artists or bragging about his skills, because just when he reached up to apply the first bit of paint, he somehow managed to throw himself completely off balance, leaning too far around that corner. He'd topple from the hoverboard and slam into the ground. Thankfully, he was still only a few feet off the ground so the only thing injured was his pride.

Nate, maybe distracted by the artist's mishap, would make very little progress. Indeed, the "doctor" would only manage to replace a few tiles.

Inside, Amun would have better luck. With another burst of electricity, the last of the bats would fly out. Hearing the thump from outside and Nate's call, the potter would shout back. "I'm good! Y'okay out there?" He moved to the nearest chair to begin righting it.

No post order! Please summarize your characters actions at the bottom of your next reply.

Bastien falls off the hoverboard. He was unable to paint or scrape anything this round.
Nate succeeded in replacing a few more tiles.
Amun got rid of the bats.
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
All of his hard work is sidetracked by the sound of Bastien crashing to the ground, Nate shifting carefully to look over the edge of the roof to the ground below. The artist seems winded, as much as he can be, but unharmed, the hoverboard a few feet away from him, only a handful of feet off the ground.

Returning to his work, it's only a moment before he's distracted again, this time by the creatures fleeing Amun's electricity. "Why are there always fucking bats?" It's more of a dark mumble to himself, or at least it's meant to be, Nate working to not let himself be distracted so easily from his work again. "Bastien fell off his hoverboard." He calls back, leaving the other man to say whether he was okay, and focusing back on his work for the third time as many minutes.

Nate checks with Bastien to make sure he's okay and keeps working on the roof
NATE
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien was still rambling on to himself when he fell and the musings, whatever they were, ended with a loud 'aah!'; being Ascended meant he felt no pain, but there was still some embarrassment and surprise in it and he sat on the floor for a moment to sigh and collect himself. "I'm fine. Perhaps I should focus." A lesson he needed to learn for many things, really - he'd often left hundreds of various unfinished tasks around the sanctuary.

Standing up, he would go to climb back onto the hoverboard and position it again, this time making sure his feet were firmly on board.

--
Bastien picks himself up and gets back on the hoverboard.
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Despite the distractions provided by Bastien and bats, Nate managed to make decent progress on replacing the tiles. He made it about halfway through them now, though he still had half left. Down below, the artist managed to scramble back onto his hoverboard. However, he still had all the remaining paint to scrape and a new coat to apply.

Amun nodded when he saw that Bastien was fine. Heading back inside, the potter went to the nearest chair, which had fallen over. Leaving the heavy desk for last, he righted and dragged furniture into the position he wanted it in. The furniture was of the solid, heavy-duty older kind, and it proved slower going than he'd expected.

Nate succeeded in replacing tiles! He is now about halfway done.
Bastien succeeded in getting back on the hoverboard. Two-thirds of the old paint remains and none of the new paint has been applied.
Amun moved some of the furniture.
AMUN
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Well, maybe it was time to try and simplify a bit, since he'd obviously bitten off more than he could chew earlier. Ascending slowly on the hoverboard, Bastien would instead dedicate his time to only scraping off the old paint, using the same tool as before in long, methodical pushes; not his usual way of doing things, but perhaps the sensible one.

The work was not particularly thrilling, but it was easy to daydream during; he let his mind drift to his own role in the council, what he would be doing in the coming years. Would he work well with Amun? He liked the man well enough as a friend and guild member, but as a councilmember, a contemporary in decision making? That would remain to be seen - he already knew he was going to clash with Wessex.

---
Bastien goes back to scraping old paint, moving very carefully.
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!