everything stays
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
& oh, poor atlas - the world's a beast of a burden
The Tower.

Everything is ripped away in the blink of an eye, and Amalia is left dizzy and dazed, blinking up at a monolithic structure the likes of which she has never before seen. Spires to rival the one in the Grounds surround gateways and arches and hallways and doors, so many doors that the Shield doesn't know where to begin. She is left without instruction or guidance and as the flush of wonder slides from her shoulders familiar anxiety begins to rise.

What is she doing here? What is she doing here? What is she doing here?

Three questions for which Amalia has no answer to give.

At least Jyoti is with her, and Ronin somewhere, too. Clutching the starlit whale to her chest, the Shield stares up at the grandiose entryway, a lump massive lump lodges in her throat. She feels very, very small, and for a long moment considers turning away. Flying back home and begging Vi to reconsider. Running across the surface of the sea as far as she can go.

She does none of these things. Instead Amalia takes a breath and holds it, two, three, four. Exhale two, three, four, and the girl steps forward, bare feet dancing on the cobblestones. Amalia has no idea where she's going, but she knows she has to get there. Whether the Shield is ready or not, her future has arrived.
you've been holding on a long time
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
it's cold, it's dark, it's deep and it's wet
and you ain't gonna make it if you don't let someone in
It’s a wonder of wonders, really, and Seraphina has heard the news of new faces arriving. She doesn’t rush, no, Levi on the other hand has other ideas, flying circles around her and drifting further out before snapping back like a yoyo. It’s one of these times that Sera isn’t paying too much attention, blueprints in hand, having just left her office and craving a bit of the Celestine, when Levi zooms forward again and around the corner of the entrance.

He doesn’t come back, however, too intrigued by the starwhale within Amalia’s grip to be pulled back. It’s intriguing enough that Sera clutches her papers to her chest a bit tighter, picking up her pace as she practically prances out and around the corner. Only to find…

Someone she doesn’t know, which surprises her in a sense even though rationally she would have known, too used to familiar faces going past. Dark brows furrow together and she peers at the other woman and the whale while Levi clings to the side of the entrance, peering at them too. “Can I help you?” She asks, flashing her best winning smile for the visitor.
darlin', darlin', why don't you sleep at night?
the colder the heart, the warmer the gun
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia is staring at a particularly imposing gargoyle when Jyoti begins to squirm in her embrace, a familiar surge of fathomless curiosity bounding through their bond. Reluctantly the Shield turns her attention away from the bestial shape, loosening her grip on the starwhale enough for the calf to squirm free and swim through the air towards a small figure on a nearby column. At first Amalia thinks it might be a statue as well, but the creature blinks and the Shield realizes that no, this is a dragon.

"Oh, hello," she calls out warmly to the dragonet, not quite noticing the dark haired woman who accompanies the hatchling. So when the stranger does speak it's almost enough to send Amalia jumping from her skin, rosetted fur rippling down her shoulders in a brief wave, lilac locks and small blue flowers blooming in her hair. "Oh, I- sorry. Um. Yes."

It occurs to her that this is likely not how a vassal of Vi ought to present herself to her new task. Desperately Amalia straightens up, trying to affect a dignified expression. "I'm looking for, ah, a Tower? And the Order." The effort may well have succeeded, were it not for the excited humpback calf who rams against her like a bullet, slamming into Amalia's chest with a series of coos and hums. "Oof- Jyo, calm down, I know you're excited to have a new friend," Amalia murmurs, looking past her elated companion to the stranger with a sheepish smile. "Sorry, we- Jyoti gets excited easily. We've never been anywhere like this before."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Levi peers at the starwhale, intrigue glimmering in emerald eyes, and when Sera pops around the corner and effectively – and accidentally – scares the life out of the girl that stands there, Sera can’t help the quietly amused grin that spreads along her face that’s suddenly shifting into awe at the sudden blossoms that grow in the girl’s hair. For a split second she wonders if this is some sort of terrible Abandoned magic, her stomach dropping, before her dark eyes grow wide and she simply stares.

Ah, well, you’re in the right place.” Her chin tips up, a bit of pride blossoming out as Levi stretches out from the wall to curl around Sera’s neck like a pearl necklace, still peering at the star whale. “This is the Tower.” She extends a tanned hand to the building beside her. “I’m the Artificer for the Order. Name’s Seraphina Magnus.” There’s a brief dip of her head in greeting now as she flashes her most charming grin to the unnamed woman.

But she watches the star whale fidget, Levi’s intrigue growing more and more as he sort of stands on the edge of her shoulder, almost as if he might dart off her shoulder to join Amalia’s if only to breathe a puff of air toward her in hello. “Oh that’s alright. I’m sure all of this is very exciting. Stormbreak is beautiful.” Is it bragging when you’ve designed a lot of the more recent architecture in the city? Hard to say. “Did you just arrive...?” Interest flickers in her gaze as she focuses on the Shield, pausing to give Amalia time to offer her name.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Jyoti croons and hums at the dragon, and Amalia stretches out with her mind, greeting the small creature with silent fondness and invitation that he come meet the whale. He's a beautiful little thing, and the Shield's eyes keep drifting to him even as the stranger introduces herself. "Artificer?" Keen dark eyes dart between the edifice - hardly a Tower, more a sprawling monument to human ingenuity - and back to Seraphina. "Did you help to build all this?" she questions eagerly, wonder painting her words.

Tearing her attention away from the incomprehensible structure, the Shield does her utmost to collect her wayward thoughts, rubbing at her wrist and trying not to bite her lip. "It is beautiful," Amalia agrees, "And... big. Bigger than I thought it would be." Bigger than she thought anything would be, and she has only seen a sliver of the capital so far.

The question on her arrival forces Amalia to remember why she's here, that there is work to do. Straightening once again, the girl clears her throat. "Ah- yes. I... Vi sent me. To help the Order in the fight against the Ascended." Not sure whether to offer her hand or bow, Amalia settles on doing neither, instead pressing her fingers against her thighs. "I'm Amalia Chandrakant. Vi's, um.... demigod." It's the first time she's said the word aloud, and it's a wonder she doesn't trip over the title given how heavy her tongue suddenly feels.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
The grin only grows a bit wider, Sera shaking her head slightly as Levi feels the acceptance from Amalia and shifts so that he might hop off her shoulder. After a few more excruciating moments, he does, gliding over toward Amalia and the star whale with an inquisitive sniff Jyoti’s way, perched on Amalia’s shoulder to peer down at the other companion. “I didn’t build all of it, no. I did, however, give it quite a few facelifts.

Really, there’s nothing that Sera can add to the observation that Amalia has made. It is beautiful, it is big – it’s huge and stunning, but most of all, it’s home. So she remains silent, with that easy smile on her face, dark eyes bouncing between Amalia and Levi, trying to make sure that the dragonling isn’t going to start something between him and the star whale.

Brows raise, however, when Amalia mentions Vi had sent her – some pieces starting to click together until she actually offers her name. “Ah! Yes!” She chimes, already rushing forward to greet Amalia, a hand outstretched to clasp the girl’s with that very same excited, bright smile. “I’ve heard about you! I’m so glad you’re here.” She isn’t exactly what Sera had expected to see in a Vi demi, but she wasn’t one to question any of it. Surely Amalia had done something to be seen by Vi, and that in and of itself was a beautiful feat.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia cannot help it: she giggles happily as the dragon settles upon her, utterly entranced and delighted by the friendly creature. It is no secret that the Shield feels more at ease around companions than people, and the girl is quick to raise her hand and offer scritches to the creature's head, inquiring after his name and silently offering her own. Jyoti meanwhile has begun to swim in starlit figure eights, not sure if she's more interested in inspecting the dragon or Seraphina.

Unexpected is the enthusiasm with which Sera rushes forward, extending a hand, that vibrant smile in place once again. Amalia offers an awkward smile of her own, meeting the shorter woman's grasp with a stilted chuckle. "Th... thank you. I'm still a bit surprised, myself."

Releasing Seraphina's grasp, Amalia pushes her hair behind her ear where shy white flowers bloom. She's wearing nothing but a casual green dress, she realizes, and though her more treasured items seem to be on her person, she has no idea where the rest are. Her clothes, her shoes, her home-

"Um. I don't suppose, ah, you know who I'm supposed to be reporting to? Or where I'm supposed to live?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Sera cant help but to reach out and try to glide her fingers along the starwhale as Jyoti passes by her for what felt like the twentieth time, before her attention flickers back to Amalia and her companion, the pale dragon puffing a bit of air in Jyoti’s direction with a quiet crooning hello – as if to say ‘pay attention to me’. But Sera’s moving forward, hand thrusted forward to greet the Shield more fully, a wide grin spread across her face that hopefully puts Amalia’s anxieties and awkwardness at ease.

I’m sure it was quite the shock.” She agrees softly, stepping back once they’d shaken hands. At the question, however, Sera’s brows flit together and she purses her lips, placing a hand on her hip as she considers it. “I… Don’t, actually. I don’t tend to be much of a welcoming party. Perhaps the Eye or the Spyglass have an idea.” But wherever they are is as good of a guess as anyone else’s. “I can send word to them and see where you are to stay. In the meantime, I can show you around the Tower if you’d like?” An easy distraction, one that Sera has no problems sharing with the Shield in case she needed something later on and nobody was around.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Jyoti obliges the young dragon, adjusting the trajectory of her awe-struck swimming to come and investigate the creature on Amalia's neck. And so the Shield is left with a small menagerie exchanging croons and coos upon her shoulders, the puffs of air and spouted starlight tickling her nose. "Maybe Levi will show you around?" the girl suggests softly to Jyoti, reaching up to tickle the dragon's chin one more time. "And you can get out of my hair for a moment- literally, Jyo."

From where she has indeed nestled into Amalia's hair and begun to try and play peek-a-boo, Jyoti croons something that might be whale for indignation.

Looking from the young companions back to Seraphina, Amalia frowns slightly, pursing her lips. "I've heard of the Eye, I think, but I don't know his name," she muses softly, raking her mind for what little knowledge she has of the Order and those within. "I've never heard of the Spyglass. But I don't know many, um, people from here." Only one who she would call friend, and another who is family- though her time with both Finn and Amaris has been shorter than she'd like.

Animated with curiosity and relatively at ease, Amalia does not notice the lilac scales that dust over her back and shoulders, nor the way her ears have curved into a leopard pair. "A tour would be wonderful," the girl agrees eagerly, already looking around at the gargoyles and gateways once again. "I- I've heard there's the biggest temple in Caido? And a garden made by Safrin, and carriages, and a Needle, and medics who work on your mind?" It's a breathless recounting of the scant things she knows, the lilt of a question marring the end. Commonplace for Seraphina, perhaps, but each thing she names is a wonder to the girl who grew up behind an impassible wall.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
The dragonling rumbles his own agreement, wings flaring and taking back to the sky again to begin a chase through the Tower, pausing to cling on the inside of the wall to make sure Jyoti is continuing to follow him before he dives into the halls a bit deeper. Sera, on the other hand, can't help but laugh lightly at the star whale’s antics.

The mention of Amalia having heard of the Eye doesn’t surprise her, but Sera does find it surprising that she doesn’t know the Spyglass. Perhaps Finn did his job well enough after all? “Oh, his name is Cian.” She offers easily – sure that it doesn’t matter too much in the long run. “Who do you know from here?” She asks, shifting so she might stand beside the demigod to invite her into the tower at the question of whether she’d like a tour.

Sera can’t help but notice the way Amalia’s appearance changes, some sort of ability like that that resembled magic so much making her slightly uncomfortable before remembering that she was a demigod of Vi, chosen above the rest of them, and that thought alone eases some of her discomforts. So she tries to loop her arm into Amalia’s to begin the guided tour, stepping into the archway at the base of the Tower.

Yes, that’s correct. All of it.” She assures Amalia, grinning wide to the demigod. “The first floor has those medics and doctors. Doctor Hart takes care of most dire things.” She begins, sweeping by the entrances of the offices but not stepping in so she doesn’t disturb. “And Falke, our Fixer, he helps with the mind.” She flashes a wink toward Amalia, gestures toward Falke's office, before moving toward the stairs to bring them up to the second level.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Distracted by the whale and the dragon - or perhaps willingly unheeding - Amalia doesn't respond to the question about who she knows in Stormbreak, her dark eyes focused on the unlikely pair of friends. At least Jyo is settling in well, the Shield thinks with a faint smile. Maybe things would work out well.

That all she's heard of Stormbreak's wonders are true causes the girl to nearly rock onto the balls of her feet with excitement, her mind already whirring with imagery and ideas. The tour begins swiftly, the Shield keeping pace as her eyes scan everything they can possibly see. "Falke- I've met him," Amalia exclaims as she follows Seraphina, blushing brightly at the eagerness that amplifies her voice. "In, um, in the Climb. At Frey's breath." They'd had a conversation about dreams and goals in the springs. It had been pleasant, overall.

It is at this moment that the girl remembers the earlier question. "I've also met Gideon Clemments a couple times. He said he was a priest? And a man named Dorian. And Finn Rosencrantz- he's, uh, a friend." Another flush of rose over her cheeks, though this time it's more subdued. "And I have a, a distant cousin here, in the Dragoons. Amaris Chandrakant. Do you know her?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
So the Vi demi has met Falke then. It brings a smile to her face, a dip of her head to show she’s listening while they ascend the stairs to the second level. “Gideon is a wonderful old bat.” She murmurs, clearly teasing, nodding again as she lists out more. Only when she pauses at Finn does Sera’s head tilt back toward the Shield. “Is he?” It’s a quiet prompt, a flicker of information dashed away as she focuses on the next comment. Amaris. And whether or not the Artificer knew of her.

Of course. I’ve worked with her a few times.” She offers, pausing by her workshop and gesturing for Amalia to go inside if she wished to. “Sounds like you know quite a few of us then!” She chimes, clapping her hands together before slipping into the office on a swift breeze while the dragon and whale continue to play.

Only once she reaches her desk does she glance around the room and return her attention to Amalia. “This is my office.” She leans back against her desk with a wide edge of excitement to her smile.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"I don't know if I'd go that far," Amalia replies wryly to the comment about Gideon, her feelings on the priest still somewhat muddled. She makes no answer to the prompt about Finn, simply nodding and glancing away. And then there is Amaris, who she has only met fleetingly and yearns to know more of.

Evidently Amalia has already encountered many of the Order members, whether intentionally or not.

They enter the office and the Shield is swiftly taken by the expansive, beautiful room. It feels loved and well-lived in, not unlike her bakery; "Oh," Amalia hums, a wistful smile on her face. "It's beautiful." And she means it, her bare feet padding on the floor as she goes to investigate shelves and books, dark eyes flickering from object to object in the rapt attention of the curious of soul.

Turning back to Seraphina, the Shield tilts her head. "Do you like it?" she asks suddenly, sincerely, her expression eager and open. "Being part of the Order? What they do? Is everyone in Stormbreak part of it, or do you choose?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Oh, Amalia, go that far.” Seraphina chimes with an amused laugh. “He likes to stick his nose into everything.” A knowing glance is shot the Shield’s way as she’s guiding the woman into her office. She stands back by the door, however, letting Amalia look around unbothered, a soft smile spreading across her face as the demigod inspects her books and items, a great many of them she’s made herself, including the shelves they sat upon.

And she watches as Amalia looks back at her, Sera’s smile growing even more as the question leaves her lips. “I love it.” And really, she does. It’s better than she could have ever imagined, having a part so large in the world, in the view of her gods. “No, not everyone is a part of it.” She murmurs thoughtfully, moving forward toward her desk so she can sit, gesturing to the chair on the other end should Amalia wish to sit too.

We’re chosen. Picked. I was very good at my job and so… I became a part of it.” She can’t help but to toot her own horn a little, a bright pale grin spreading easily across her face.