Training living like happily ever after
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
if you desire then i'll be your fire and you'll be my gasoline
Aisha was on her way back from a run to the market place on a rather mundane day. The sky was gray, but when weren't they in the grounds, the early leaves crinkled underfoot. The vibe was all sorts of off, nothing felt as good as it used to. Except... Aisha paused when she found herself staring down a road in the same spot she'd been the last time she'd seen Korbin. She and the raven had shared their sadness here, that was the day she'd really realized how much loss there was in this world, and how much grief.

She wondered how he was now, hopefully safe in Halo, and now that Deimos was general there he certainly was. The faintest of smiles came to her face at the thought as she absently began to wander down that street, déjà vu embracing her senses, each and every one. It was strange, like walking through a dream while she was wide awake. She could almost see him standing there, hunched and worn and hurt.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I think you should keep going just to see what happens
Well, he wasn't anyone from the past, nor was he a trick of the imagination. He also wasn't hurt but, in a sense, he was worn. He and his clothes were a bit tattered from the hike to the ruins and the practice he was doing. He had a large, heavy stick in hand, whacking it against a solid column among the ruins. He was practicing his strikes, a few turns and dodges here and there. His form was aggressive and overconfident but, his strikes were accurate and the stick cracked against the stone. It spoke of the force put behind it. In that moment, something caught beneath his boot and he slipped. He stumbled down onto a nearby rock with a grunt but, it was nothing serious.

Hearing someone's quiet approach, he looked up from where he was hunched over. Beneath the hood of a warm cloak protruded his square, bold jawline. He pulled the hood back from his face to get a better look at who was there.

Gold. She was a light against the gloom of the ruins and, honestly, she made his jaw drop a bit. It's rude to drool at strangers, though, so he quickly locked his jaw closed. Her hair was like a golden blaze on her head and he almost couldn't stop looking at it.

Getting up so that he could properly greet her, he pulled his hood completely back and offered an embarrassed smile. His skin was flushed from exercise and embarrassment. "Uh, hi! I really hope you didn't see that..."
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The sound of thwacking, the sound of wood against stone. It was a sound she was familiar with, a sound she'd made often against the wall's of Angchor's barracks as a cub. Somebody was training, sparring perhaps, or simply practicing strikes and maneuvers. This interested the swordsman, the woman who's art was the blade and who's game was battle. She followed the barren streets and the sounds of cracking timber.

She turned a corner just in time to watch a man collide with the ground, his makeshift weapon split in his grip. A smirk lit her lips at the sight, there was nothing funnier than people falling. Especially men. When he turned her way she noticed his features, his sharp jawline, his eyes beneath the hood. She liked the way his jaw dropped when he saw her, the way those eyes followed her untamable mane.

He got up in a rush of embarrassment, Aisha's catlike smirk remained as she watched him pull back his hood. Caido had no shortage of attractive persons, the man before her was no exception. The freckles and spots that dotted his face were so endearing, especially when backed by the flush of red. Though the fact that he was handsome would not save him from the sarcasm she prepared to impart.

"I could lie and say I didn't, but I'd much rather let you blush," she replied, lifting her chin a little and holding a strong stance. While his weapon was naught ,her sword was strapped to her side; a light steely beast with a golden leopard ornament for a hilt.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Henry smirked at her words but, he could not help the deeper red that crowded his cheeks just then. Flustered, he fumbled for the stick he had dropped in his fall. It was an attempt to avoid eye contact and, hopefully, not quite giving her the full satisfaction of seeing him blush. He couldn't help it if a beautiful person made him frazzled! It was surely not his fault. Yet, when he turned to pick up the stick, it had split on the side. Well, at least now it was pointed and more like a sword. He didn't give up on its integrity, as it was still a good piece, and scooped it up into his hand.

"Hmm," he hummed thoughtfully, pressing his full lips together. He leaned one arm against the column he'd been practicing on and gave her his full attention.

It was only then, when he had straightened up again, that Henry noticed the fine weapon on her hip. She stood there in all her fiery, maned glory and his eyes, this time, were drawn to her sword. He took note of its intricate design and the lightweight, streamline make.

"Now that... is a nice sword you have there. Think it would be too much for my trusty old stick here?" He grinned and moved to lift the now-pointed stick in challenge. He was clearly joking but, at the same time, his invitation to duel was real and he hoped she picked up on the subtlety. Hell, he didn't care if she really pulled out her sword and made a fool of him right there on the spot. That sounded like some real fun.
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Mmm, there it is; the red cheeks and the fumbling, the averting of the gaze. The leopard paced in it's dominance, oh how she adored the effect she could assert on people. She watched in amusement as he leaned against the column, considering his wooden weapon then looking over to hers. Then he issued a challenge, jokingly albeit but the warrior knew a challenge. It was a tempting suggestion, and an intriguing picture; the tip of her blade hovering above his cheek.

Aisha grinned and pulled her weapon from it's sheath, giving it a well practiced twirl just for show. She pointed it at him, gazing his way down it's long bevel, "Absolutely I do, but I guess I can downgrade for a fair fight." She lowered her arm again, returning her armament to it's dwelling and instead scouring the streets for a fitting partner. Luckily, the ruins were always covered in debris, no matter how many days she'd spent helping clear them. The leopardess pulled one from beneath an overhang, it wasn't quite the hardy quality of his, but she had a feeling it would do.

"Show me what you got, oh mighty stick splitter," she teased, shifting her stance to defensive, her eyes narrowed as she awaited his move.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
Henry met her golden-brown gaze at the other end of the sword, matching her grin with a cool smile. If she really intended to use her sword against him, he'd end up in pieces on the floor. He didn't have to know her, or her skills, to know that. Just one look at her, her ease with the weapon, compared to his own lack of skills, and he was in over his head. That's what had brought a smile to his face.

These were exactly the kind of situations he wanted to get himself into. He couldn't pass up an opportunity to learn from a real swordswoman, especially one that had impeccable timing.

When she sheathed her weapon and found a nearby stick, though, Henry felt simultaneously relieved and disappointed. "Maybe one day I'll get to see what kind of damage you can really do... but, I appreciate that," a light, breathy chuckle escaped his smiling lips.

She took a ready stance and invited him to make the first move. Henry had no intention of underestimating her but, that didn't mean he would act like she'd caught him off guard. He stepped forward with his stick held up around the height of his hip. Suddenly, he struck up and across but, embarrassingly, he misjudged the distance.
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha hmphed at his comment, a smile dancing at her lips as she shot back a reply, "No problem, just lemme know if my stick's too much." There was a flash of impishness in her eyes and a pout on her lips as she considered him, distracting with light-hearted dalliance while she sized him up like the predator she was. Which points would be best to knock him off, and what advice might she give to help him fortify.

She'd given her last word, and an invitation to begin - immediately he assumed a stance and made his first move. It was clumsy however, even without a parry Aisha would've been able to easily side step. She'd make it a show anyway, stepping forward in a fluid movement, letting her wooden vestige to snake to the opposite side of his own and jerk his weapon awkwardly down.

"I know you've got more than that," she said with a slanted look, stepping back and swinging her sword back to it's defensive position. "Follow the sword, don't overthink what you do let it do the thinking." Come on beautiful, show me what you've got.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
could somebody check my pulse? it's been a minute since i've tasted blood. i forgot how good this was
He kept an easy smile on his lips, unfazed even when she used her stick to swerve his back down and he had to step back from her forward motion. He didn't mind making a mistake there, since it would be the only way to learn. He didn't pretend to know more than he did, which wasn't much in the art of swordfighting. Her confidence in him was a welcome one, though. For once, he was not feeling so confident in himself but, her simple instructions were encouraging.

"So," he began, glancing to her face, "what's your name, swordmaster?" there was a playful tone in the last word.

His smile faded into a slight frown as he concentrated on how he would approach her next. He was overthinking, he realized, which was exactly what she'd told him not to do. He had to think fast, move fast, be fast. Faster than he was being now. Without thinking, simply acting, Henry used both of his hands to raise his 'sword' to hers. The blow would be strong. Only, he didn't just strike. As the stick moved forth to meet hers, he took a large step forward with it, adding to the pressure it would apply.
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
The energy was still extant in the air around them, not yet stilled after their maneuvers. Aisha stepped paced around, making a bit of a circle before pivoting and going back the other way. She smirked as he asked a question, prodding for a name. She didn't yet respond, as he then launched into another attack, this one far more focused and complete. The thought process, or lack thereof was evident as he let the ebb and flow of the spar decide for him, his stick swinging up to meet her's with the support of a step forward.

It was a strong blow, but somewhat expected. Aisha lifted her heels right before his blade met her's then used the momentum to press down. Her weight and gravity and sheer might of her muscles brought the stick to meet his, and it did the rest. Their 'swords' clashed and her own splintered under the sheet might. She'd put too much faith in the capacity of the stick to hold her strength, but Aisha had more tricks up her sleeve. She ducked just slightly and swept out with her foot, striking his own which he'd so conveniently placed out for her.

And once again he was on the ground, Aisha walked over to stand above him, "Aisha," she gave with a smile, breathing heavily and offering him a hand.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
could somebody check my pulse? it's been a minute since i've tasted blood. i forgot how good this was
The sound of their weapons clashing echoed through the ruins, amplified by the stone walls and pillars around them. He raised his eyebrows in surprise when her stick splintered. He hadn't intended to break it like that. But, he had little time to think or react as she ducked around him. He turned to try to face her with a furrowed brow but, she was faster and he was on the ground.

He moved his shoulder to take the brunt of the fall, landing with a quiet 'oof' and dropping his stick. He remained stunned for a few moments. Then he rolled onto his elbows, chest heaving. He looked up to see her standing over him. As she did so, she gave him her name with a smile. His own smile slightly curved his lips as he gazed up at her from beneath his brow. Reaching up, he grasped her hand. It felt strong against his, reliable. "I'm Henry," he said with a grunt as he pulled himself up, "thanks."

Once he was up, he gently let go of her hand and adjusted his cloak a bit. He peered over at her as he did so, regarding her physique - and damn, did she have a physique. Then, he tilted his head back up once his cloak was straightened out, "Where'd you learn to fight like that, Aisha?" Her name rolled off the tongue quite easily. He liked it.
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Adrenaline still pumped through her veins, her tongue swiping out over her lips; a catlike reflex. She'd certainly regarded him before, his pleasing features and sharp lines. But there was something much more satisfying about seeing him at her mercy. Aisha loved power, of all kinds, and there was a time where she'd had it all. Now a days she reveled in the little moments that brought a purr to her throat, like watching her challenger stunned and vulnerable.

Those carnivore instincts didn't keep the leopardess from helping him back to his feet, and offering a friendly smile as he gave his own name and his thanks. She hummed lightly at his question, wondering what might be a good answer. "I was going to be a general on my home world. I spent my whole life preparing for it," she replied, flashing him a look that communicated playfulness and mischief. "Deimos helped some too I guess."

"And you? I'm guessing I wasn't your first?" A coquettish addition that returned the devilish smirk to her lips. What? Aisha flirting with an attractive person? Things none of us expected!
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
Her fierceness was tangible and sharp enough to cut. He found himself a little intimidated in her presence, especially after she so easily dropped him to the ground. As much as she probably wanted him to find her frightening, he found her more intriguing than anything. He knew people, men, women, of all kinds but Aisha just seemed different. In a good way, of course. Perhaps better than good and, if that was so, he wanted to find out for himself.

So, when he stood up and asked her about how she learned to fight like that, secretly he was hoping she would tell him more about herself; where she came from and what she was doing here. When she did, at least the first part, a cocky smile snaked its way right back across his lips. Though, he did tame it down as he listened.

"A general?" he was impressed by the information, and he was sure to sound like it.

At her flirtatious comment, his mouth opened in a wide, surprised grin. The warm chuckle that came from his chest is genuine, "You were, actually," his expression softens into a sanguine smile, "I'm mostly self-taught. Someone showed me the basics but, I've figured things out from there... as I do with most things," he glanced her up and down once but, he was careful not to get too ahead of himself. He became a little more serious, straightening his brow, "You're good at this, though. The training you dedicated so much time to, it really shows," he lifted an arm up and leaned against a nearby pillar, "would you be willing to teach me more?"
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Ego stroked ever so kindly by the impressed response she'd elicited, Aisha's own proud smirk broadened. She knew she looked good with a cocky bearing, and she was pleased to agree that she liked the way haughtiness looked on him as well. "Head of the army, one and only," she replied with a roll of her shoulders and tilt of her head. One day maybe she'd attain that goal here, or something of similar ilk.

To her coy innuendo she was offered a somewhat surprising answer; that this was his first spar. She gave him a considering nod, turning over the new information and gazing at his physique. He had to have some other physical hobby to be so finely cut, "Not bad for a someone who's only ever done it by himself," came her reply, hopelessly sarcastic and witty in her playful remarks.

The freckled man grew a bit more sincere with the next, and while his compliments flattered her and puffed her chest, the fact that he valued what she might be able to teach him made her genuinely happy. Validation, that she was doing something right. "I guess I can make some time for you in my busy schedule," she said, crossing her arms as she looked him over once more. "I live at the old Launcelyn Manor, me and my friend Oliver have effectively taken over. I'm doing more adventuring outside of the grounds lately but if you stop by and ask for me, somebody will probably know where I am."
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
He laughed at her joke, this time losing his cool. The motion bubbled forth from him, bringing some color to his face. He cut it short with a humorous smile at her, commenting, "You, are somethin' else. But- hey, practice makes perfect, right?" He winked.

Henry didn't take lightly her response to his candid compliments. It was pretty clear that she was a very self-assured person, so it didn't take a genius to see that she liked being reminded of her accomplishments. He wondered something, though, which sobered his expression. What, exactly, he didn't quite give away yet as she explained where he could find her for further lessons.

"I know the place," Henry nodded curtly in response. Aisha's mention of 'adventuring' caused a glint in his eye and the rise of his brow. He spoke up again when she was finished, "It must have been difficult for you - to end up here after all that time spent on becoming a general, I mean. I know my opinion may not mean much but, I think you have a good chance at still achieving something like that. Just keep kickin' ass," he smiles at that.

"Where do you think you'll go?"
HENRY