a grave so familiar I could call it my own
for Jata
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
Oh, Wessex has heard that Jata and Nate are in the Ground, she just doesn’t care enough to make an effort right now. Call it pettiness, if you will. Call it… well, yes, petty might be the only way to describe it, which is a fairly new thing for the Wraith. With everything going on, she simply doesn’t have the energy or the capacity to entertain the Governor and ask what the hell is going on. Not if she can help it, that is.

The day is young and the Queen is on her way to the Outskirts, perhaps something to do with the Unicorns out there, or a citizen who needs something, but she has an occupied look about her, an I’m going someplace purposeful stride as she strolls through the Sanctuary. Stopping at a shop, she pops inside for a moment and then soon exits, carrying something wrapped in brown paper and tied with a string, then resumes her original course. Every now and then she’ll stop and say something to someone, or they’ll flag her down, but for the most part, Wessex moves freely through the market place.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNJATA
the flood
It’s taken him what feels like ages to actually be able to spot the Wraith. But when he does, he beelines straight for her, following her path and eventually needing to jog a bit to catch up to her. Sure, he could probably fly and get ahead of her and cut her off, but something about this seemed a bit more… Normal, in a sense. So he catches up to her, clearing his throat briefly before he calls out to her. “Wessex, hey, got a moment?” He asks, slowing as he returns to a walk beside her, steel gaze flicking over her briefly.

He offers her an easy smile. “There’s a few things I’ve been meaning to reach out to you about. Privately. If you wouldn’t mind.” This has a bit more of an official ring to it, but nothing in his tone seems to suggest he has plans or anything of the sort to bombard the Ascended demi-god with anything. If anything, despite the official tone he uses, it’s almost as if he’s talking to an old friend as far as anyone else is concerned.
rely a bit too heavily on alcohol & irony
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Her name gets her attention and she turns to see who’s calling, lips pursing ever so slightly when she sees the near unmissable Sunjata heading her way. “Sunjata,” she returns rather formally - let’s call it crisply - as they draw abreast of each other. His request is surprising. She looks down at the package in her hand, nods, and says, “Sure. Just a minute.” Stepping away, she flags down a younger child, gives them some instructions and points off towards the outskirts, then sends the kid on its way.

Then it’s just the two of them and a lovely Leafchange day. She gestures up towards where Theskyra House is. “That’s about as private as I get. Or we can walk.” The Ground isn’t so populated that there’s always people underfoot. There will be privacy elsewhere. It’s up to him.
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She greets him in turn with a bit of a chill, though Sunjata pretends to not notice. But he nods to her, slowing and walking alongside her until she flags a kid down and he hangs back – not wanting to get involved if he didn’t need to be. A bit of privacy was nice here and there, after all, and he remains silent while she sends the kid on his way. Once that’s done, he moves to step up beside her again – to follow her wherever she chooses for their conversation.

His gaze flickers to where she gestures, offering a small nod in agreement. “This works.” He assures her, flashing her a wider smile with that, waiting until they’re closer and he’s certain nobody else is around – at least nobody that would say anything otherwise. “It’s about the Fae. I’m sure you’ve probably heard by now about the deal, yeah?” His steel gaze flickers toward her, letting silence spread until they’re inside the home. “I hope you know I don’t actually plan on doing anything. It just assures me the time of making it look like I am, that the Ascended are safe in Torchline from them.” A common goal, for the both of them and their goddess at the end of the day. But he draws silent once more, steel gaze lingering along her face, back straight as he waits to see how she takes it.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Okay, so Theskyra House it is. Leading him to the not quite so large building, Wessex nods at his question as they near the front door. “Of course. I got a letter instead of an actual visit, but the woman - or I assume this Juniper is one - seems very intent.” There’s still a bit of an edge in her voice, though that edge is more tinged with dryness and irritation.

Once they’re inside, she leads Sunjata towards a room to the left, the less fancy sitting room, and gestures to a seat if he cares to take it. She is not so inclined, choosing to lean against a side table instead. His insistence earns a look from her, one of almost disbelief. The Flood’s never had any reason to lie to her, nor she to him, and she can’t see that starting now, but Gods if it wasn’t vaguely infuriating. “Didn’t know that, no.”

The Wraith looks away and purses her lips. “I was preparing to take on all three of you if it came to that.” An uphill battle, but one she thought she might have had a chance at, if she played all her cards right.
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She is.” He confirms easily – having met the Fae woman when they’d spoken. But he has nothing else to add on it, so he grows silent to follow her through the room until they end up in a slightly less fancy sitting room, but still fancy in Sunjata’s opinion. He takes the seat she gestures to, sinking into it and leaning back, stretching out his long legs and propping an elbow on the arm rest as his gaze flickers toward her.

He remains silent, letting her figure out what it means in the long run. There’s a huff of air that passes his lips in a mix of a laugh and awkwardness. “Gods.” He begins, flashing her a crooked grin before he sits forward, bracing his elbows onto his knees and peering up at her from where he sits. “My goal is that the Ascended stay safe. I told you I would help them.” A muscle feathers in his jaw, briefly thinking back to when Nate had been attacked.

Which means, to keep them from potentially marching into Torchline and causing havoc, we need to think of a plan. Nate’s doing a favor for the Voice after our trip and I’m heading back to Torchline, but… Think on it.” He sits up a bit straighter then, steel gaze a mix of determination and a hint of softness. “I’m sure we can come up with something.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“I know,” Wessex laugh-exhales in reply, the tension between them broken. “I didn’t say it was smart, only that I was prepared to,” she says with an eye-roll and a wry tone, fully admitting that either she hadn’t really thought it - any of it - through. Other than her own defense and the defense of her siblings.

Knowing what Nate is doing for the Voice, she nods and leans back a little, staring at the ceiling briefly and wishing she didn’t have to deliver this kind of news. “There’s more.” With a tight-lipped frowm, she returns to the Sunjata and crosses her arms. “I can handle the Fae situation. Without initiating bloodshed -” Holding a hand up to stave off any sort of protest, she promises to do her best to bring these follies to an end. “I started it and they’re idiots if they think I’m going to let them touch Sam or Amun. But there’s a bigger problem. I think the Old Gods are moving their demigods into position for something.”

And this is where it might get tricky - particular for Sunjata.
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
It’s an option.” He agrees with a smooth chuckle, a shrug of a tattooed and scarred shoulder. But he draws silent when she begins again, letting that topic fall to the wayside, steel eyes focusing on her as she mentions Sam and Amun, how she’d deal with the Fae herself without blood. His lips part to speak but she cuts him off, a hand held up to pause him before he has a chance to say anything.

His lips shut immediately with the release of new information, what all it entails, some sort of relief in the fact that he is not a demigod and wouldn’t be stationed somewhere as far as he knew. Hell, he hasn’t even talked to Safrin since he’d gotten sick in the first place. He’s not sure whether or not it implicates anything at all.

Safrin did mention that he’d be able to hide Nate for a time. He supposes this warning is as good as any to get started on that bunker of sorts. “I see.” A mental note made to send a letter to Ronin and Remi, wherever they may be, to find out if they know more. “What do you and the Grounds plan on doing in response to it?” If anything at all, that is. As far as he knew there weren’t any stationed in Torchline. And when it came down to it, he’d rather the sunny region remain neutral if at all possible.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
What she wants to do and what the Grounds want to do are two very different things, but there are people here who do not understand; she has to coax them to her point of view, show them that she’s trustworthy and capable of listening to what they actually want. “Prepare defenses,” the Wraith says a little grimly - resigning herself to this kind of future and necessary forethought in everything they do. “They seem to think the Grounds is an Ascended stronghold. So if it’s a stronghold they want, it’s a stronghold they’ll get.”

Her expression says it all: it’s an asinine assessment, an Ascended majority because everyone else left. A stronghold of artisans and… her.

“Have you heard of a place called Stormbreak? Remi said he thought the biggest problem would come from there. But I’d never heard of it until now.”
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
He hadn’t expected their conversation to shift fully into business, but with how tenuous things have gotten lately, he shouldn’t have been surprised by it. And so he nods to her grim statement, leaning back a bit in his chair as he considers what she says of the Grounds being an Ascended stronghold. Honestly, it makes a fair amount of sense that it would be – with the Spire and so much of the rest of it catered toward them.

At least he knew from experience in Torchline that the Ascended didn’t thrive there well until they managed to get some resistance to the blistering sun. “I haven’t.” He offers, unable to recall whether he’d been told the place or not. But he does recall a conversation with a certain Finn from the Order, someone he’d endured a conversation with Phoebe about after so many months since their failed marriage.

I’ve heard of the Order, however. Spoken to one of them.” Intimidated, was more like the result of that conversation. “A couple of them spent some time in Torchline when I was still Arbiter.” There’s a moment where he chews on the inside of his cheek, considering his words carefully. “From what I heard they were interested in demigods and those favored to become them.” And that was it, really.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Makes sense,” she says quietly, looking into the distance as she thinks. “The demigods have been called up by their Gods and placed in certain places. Strategically, I assume. Remi and Delphia to the Greatwood, Ronin and Amalia to Stormbreak.” She doesn’t know what some of them are capable of at the moment, but Ronin and Delphia’s placements track.

“The Order wants to kill all the Ascended as a way to get to the Voice. All of us.” So if he’s counting, that’s three groups who want to kill a small subset of the population just for existing. She laughs, more bitter than not. “As if there weren’t enough people out to do that.”

Really, it’s a good thing she doesn’t need to sleep anymore.

Wessex finally sits in a chair instead of perching on the edge of a table. “I hate to ask, but I haven’t spent any time with Remi or Ronin recently. Can you tell me what they’re able to do?” What kind of destruction is she potentially facing? If they can keep the Order out, it'll be their henchmen coming for them, with weapons and tools she knows naught of.
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
He visibly bristles at the mention of Delphia, jaw clenching and muscles feathering in his cheeks. But he nods, regardless, leaning forward in his seat yet again, almost wondering and wishing that there were familiar bottles of liquor if only to drown the sudden panic that settles in his gut with the following information given from Wessex over the Order.

Of course he can’t help but to think of Safrin when she’d told him that he could try and hide Nate. For a time, she had said. Before he either ceased to exist or were changed completely. A terrifying, horrible thought that rebounds in his mind despite his gaze focusing on Wessex and her information. She sits in a chair and his gaze has followed her, though his mind flickers through thoughts and memories, not quite caught up by the time Wessex asks.

So it’s a few moments after that it registers, and his jaw finally unclenches, a hand reaching up to run along the stubble there. “I don’t really know what Remi can do. He’s got the manticore still. Kicked my ass with it once.” He offers quietly, contemplatively, before sighing. And it feels wrong to talk of Ronin as if he were an enemy, when in reality the Dark Star was probably the closest to a best friend that he had.

And so this is the first space where Sunjata finds himself in a crossroads. And in the end, he’d always choose Nate. “Ronin has star bolts. He can also be a luxere. And he can… Duplicate himself.” That’s what Sunjata can remember. But his gaze finally lifts to scan Wessex’s face. “I’m not sure how much you know of Delphia, but she can reach into you and jostle you around by grabbing onto your soul.” His jaw clenches again with that, a shake of his head and a small snort. “Fucking hurts, if I’m being honest.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Mmmm, I’ve seen those wings more than once. But didn’t know its name. What’s the rest of it?” Manticores aren’t part of Caido’s lore, there is no lion-scorpion combo amongst their many strange mutations and environmentally-unique species. And to be honest, she can’t remember ever seeing all of Remi shifted before.

Ronin’s abilities? The list is familiar, having encountered each once or twice, if not more. The information is nothing new, unfortunately. Not Sunjata’s fault, of course, it’s not like either of them had time to prepare the questions.

Delphia, though, is interesting. She makes a face. “I know the girl’s father is Mort, but she is awfully obsessed with Ascended souls.” And she’s not the only one; the discussion prompts a memory of the two demigodess’s last meeting, one in which they got nowhere fast. A facade of understanding, and after that the daughter of Mort had seemingly fallen off the face of the earth. One less thing to worry about, as far as Wessex is concerned, but gone isn’t dead. Her reapparance would be frustrating, indeed.

“I know you’ve got Nate’s safety as a priority, and I know you want to protect the Ascended in Torchline. But do you think you can? Sighing, she continues. “I’m not questioning your abilities, I just - I know there’s at least one who doesn’t want to stay in the Grounds.” The newest Outlander may not be beloved like Nate is, but that shouldn't be a death sentence.
the hallelujah
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Feathered wings, a lion’s body, a scorpion tail.” Sunjata rumbles easily, if not distractedly – flickering through the memories he can remember of that odd and strange rendezvous on the beach. Something he sincerely hopes nobody else other than Ronin, Remi, and himself remember. But he shakes his head, pushes those thoughts aside, turning his gaze back to Wessex when he speaks of Delphia. And with Wessex’s comments on the demigod’s obsession over Ascended souls, Sunjata can’t help the slight snort that leaves him.

A sharp inhale reaches him, a huff of a laugh as an exhale. “She called me an incubus.” He offers, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug, a shake of his head as if he might be able to brush it off despite it being something that still continued to bother him. “And then shook me around from the inside. I don’t know what it would be like for you and the rest of the Ascended, I just know from personal experience that it’s pretty terrible.” He’s sure he was sick the rest of the night, come to think of it.

But silence draws over them, his amusement and worries shifting heavier onto the worried side, steel eyes focusing on Wessex and the implications. Nate’s safety was a priority, obviously, but he’d given his word to Wessex that he’d protect the Ascended. Not just the one. And he knows it’s likely not said to bristle him, but the governor bristles, muscles feathering in his jaw and clenching tight, the armored scales along his arms from his dragon shift appearing and shifting up his neck.

He knows it’s likely troublesome in the first place, given his closeness to Safrin, but… Sunjata’s made his choices. He’d taken the Voice’s cure. He married an Ascended and would do anything for him. But the look the Flood gives the Wraith, is leveled and sharp steel. “The Ascended that are in Torchline will be safe. And if something happens and they aren't," because let's face it, he can't be everywhere at once, "then whomever stepped out of line will pay for it, dearly.” His voice is surprisingly even despite the way the armored plates continue to shift down his arms, to the hands that shift to claws.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3