[SE] Those We Lost
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
GIDEON

And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
"Actually-" He raised a finger, determined not to give in to this argument; any good priest believed in redemption for those not too far gone, and Gideon felt the Outlanders could rise above their lowly beginnings with enough work. "When I tell them of the Gods, many of them are thankful to know, and I've heard some have gone on to pray. No, I don't succeed every time, but every time I do, it's one less person vulnerable to the Voice. It's worth it."

It was clear Luciana had less belief in the people of Caido than he did, that much was obvious; he supposed there wasn't really any convincing he could do there, so Gideon silently put some extra touches on his lantern, leaning in close to focus on smaller details.

The tears in her voice were obvious, but for the sake of their relationship Gideon again did his best to ignore it, nodding and looking determinedly down at his work. "That's true. And it's absolutely the safest route to take here in Stormbreak. I've just heard of a few Abandoned that have served the Gods, in the end, while I've been travelling...maybe I should ask next time I pray what they think of it."
That's why I hold with all I have
That's why I hold
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Luciana
cause it makes me that much stronger
makes me work a little bit harder
Luciana raised her eyebrows as Gideon lifted a finger. Gesturing for him to speak, she nodded as he explained his objection. "I stand corrected." Tapping her foot, she frowned. "Do you think the few you convert are enough to outweigh the rest that she's brought in?" Sighing, she shook her head.

Scowling now, she turned away, not wanting to watch him work. "So what? No matter how useful, aren't most of them entirely beyond redemption?" She growled a little, still looking away from him. Picking up one of the discarded tools, she fiddled with it, turning it this way and that. Her movements were jerky and her expression was veiled.
it makes me that much wiser
so thanks for making me a fighter
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
GIDEON

Luciana's question was the less positive way of looking at the situation, and all Gideon could do in response was shrug. "My job is to try, not to predict the future." He was on Caido to save souls, to guide people towards the Gods and away from the temptations of the Voice; as long as he was doing that, he didn't think he could much go wrong.

It was obvious, even as she turned around, that the topic of Abandoned had gotten personal for Luciana. Smart enough to put two and two together and not ask anymore, Gideon gave the easy answer for when he had nothing else to say: "Next time you pray, ask about it. You'll get a better answer than I can give."

With that said, he reached forwards to take the lantern from before him and hold it up. Not the most complex thing, but good enough, and when the light from the window hit it it almost looked good. "Well, I think this is about as much as Jonah deserves. Thanks."
That's why I hold
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Luciana
cause it makes me that much stronger
makes me work a little bit harder
Luciana grunted at Gideon's noncommittal response. "And my job is to make shit, and yet here we are." Spreading her hands, she shrugged a bit. Her arms fell back to her sides with a groan.

Hesitating, she looked down and away. Scuffing at the ground, she shook her head. "I haven't prayed in...a long time." In fact, other than the times she delivered orders to the Temple, she tended to avoid it, which the Priest may or may not have noticed. Still, she wasn't a regular member of his flock.

"Good luck finding answers about him." She nodded at him. "Let me know if you need anything else." Checking to make sure her own lanterns were secure, she left him to see himself out as she went to her now cool wire. She began to coil it around her hand, making a neat pile.
it makes me that much wiser
so thanks for making me a fighter
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

"Looks like you're doing exactly that, though I wouldn't call it shit." He recovered quickly, realising how his words might sound like an insult, because he actually really did value Luciana's work. She could do things he could never dream of accomplishing with a hammer and some material; the Gods gave them all their talents, and he was always in awe of how generously they could be given.

He knew she was not a frequent visitor to the Temple, and his ring told him that she was hardly devout. Hints picked up from the lantern she had made gave him enough insight to not be judgemental about it. "Well, if you ever want to start changing that, you can ask me for advice." There were many who felt uncomfortable when they began to pray, unsure of what to say or do; he had guided many into conversations with the Gods.

"I doubt I'm going to by now, but thanks." Gideon smiled before he left, holding the lantern close to his chest for something he 'didn't care' about; once he was out of the room memories of Jonah came flooding in now he had no distractions, and the lantern would keep pride of place in his room for a while.

{FIN}
That's why I hold