we got no time to waste, oh which way shall we go?
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
striking matches to watch 'em burn
It was dark down in the tunnel, but that was no problem for the cat's eyes. The partial shift thing she'd figured out how to do was incredibly useful, for fangs and claws, eyes and ears. Caido was such a different place from her home, where everyone was a shifter, where having more than one shift was sacred, where there were kingdoms and structure and no mysteries to behold. Here, in the grounds alone, she was stumbling across new mysteries everyday. And diving into them, headstrong and bold.

Today she'd come across a spot in the ruins that she'd yet to explore, though she obviously wasn't the first. Track's on the floor and the obvious displacement of the rubble indicated that she hadn't stumbled across anything new to the grounds, just new to her. She walked the tunnels for a bit, until it all started looking the same; incredibly boring. And so she retraced her steps, back to where she'd entered. There she paused, leaning against a stone wall and lighting a cigarette, one she'd taken from Sunjata a day ago.

She brought it to her lips and inhaled, releasing a deep breath and a puff of smoke, yellow cat eyes glimmering through the ashen cloud.
i'll light two cigarettes and give you none
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
The darkness of the underground didn't pose a problem for Ascended eyes either. Amun had just dropped off an offering for the Voice and was heading back towards the surface. Tunneling alongside the potter, Zhanshi was clearly in his element, ducking deep into the earth before popping up to nip at the Ascended's heels.

Amun chuckled at his companions antics. As they neared the entrance to the tunnels, though, his steps slowed as he spotted a figure silhouetted against the brighter outside. She looked vaguely familiar, but for the life of him he couldn't place her. So, with Zhanshi circling around the potter's feet now, he called out. "Evening, miss."
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Aisha hadn't expected to run in to anyone else down here, she hadn't gone deep enough to discover the shrine that hid in the underground's depths. The voice startled her from her thoughts; she whirled around, slitted eyes narrowed and the tips of her fingernails shifting to claws, the cigarette held between two of them. She scrutinized the other for a moment, unsure of where to place him in her history though she knew he was familiar. It was the creature brimming at the earth's crust that clicked the final piece.

"Amun right, the potter?" she asked, relaxed just a bit. Her claws retracted as she brought the cigarette back to her lips and took another draw.
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun

As the woman whirled and grew claws and other assorted bits, Amun held up his palms towards her. It was a placating gesture. However, he was also priming his upgrades on the off chance that she actually attacked. Thankfully, she spoke instead, and he relaxed his posture, lowering his arms and hooking his thumbs into his waistband.

"Guilty as charged." Grinning, he swept into a shallow bow. "Amun Arlun, at your service." Straightening up, he shot out a foot to block Zhanshi's attempt to approach the woman. "No biting," the potter chided. The landshark bit the toe of the Ascended's boot before returning to circle at his feet.

Amun shook his head and shrugged. Glancing up at the stranger, he cocked his head to one side. "I'm afraid you have the advantage of me."
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Placation always served to prickle her nerves. There was something about the action that made her feel more on edge, unjustified. Nearly a year ago now she'd nearly gnawed Oliver's head off for the very same gesture. She was more restrained now, especially when realizing who she was dealing with.

He on the other hand didn't remember her, a bit of a blow that brought a slight furrow back to her brow. She let loose another puff of smoke through pursed lips, "Aisha, we've met a couple times." She raised a finger to point at the land shark at his feet. "I was there when you found him," she wondered if this would stir any memories, or if she was alone in her reminiscing.
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Blinking as the woman revealed they'd met a couple of times, Amun frowned. Glancing down at Zhanshi for a moment, the potter finally nodded. "Oh right. One of the judgmental crew." He chukcled, then snapped his fingers. "Aisha. Of course. We met on the Bone Bridge that one time." Grinning, he gave her an apologetic look.

"Sorry, my mind's still a bit fuzzy from last season." Inclining his head to her, he slipped his hands into his pockets. "What brings you to the Underground?" Looking over his shoulder, he peered into the darkness but nothing jumped out at him. So he returned his attention to the woman at the entrance, raising his eyebrow at her.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha's narrowed expression cracked a bit at his reply, an impish smile lighting her eyes, "Guilty," she responded, laxly bringing her tab up to her lips for another draw. The mention of the previous season was a bit sore, kneading at the point in her mind that she'd tried to forget. It had been the catalyst, the incident that everything had spiraled away from. More thinking on it was in order, avoidance would get her nowhere.

"That's fair, I forgive ya," she replied, keeping up the spirits with a soft nod. The Underground, what an unbelievably grounder name to give this place. "Just exploring, I've been here a year and I've somehow never seen it," she replied, glancing back down the tunnel behind him, only the structures of the wall visible through her feline gaze. It stretched on long beyond her range of sight.

"And you?" she asked, snapping her eyes back to the ascended.
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Snorting at Aisha's admission of guilt, Amun winked at her. "I forgive ya." Zhanshi decided to try to approach the woman again. Eying the landshark, the potter sent another mental command for his companion to play nice. Zhanshi snapped his jaws, before launching himself in the air. He began a slow circle moving upwards around the woman, inspecting her and thankfully not biting.

"Thanks," the Ascended drawled. Stepping aside he gestured for Aisha to pass if she wanted to explore the tunnels properly. "Well here it is. There's a lot more than you can see from the entrance." He chuckled.

Shrugging, he went to lean against the nearest wall. "Was dropping off an offering."
Aisha Khai

Change author:
She gave an amused humph to Amun's witty reply, leaning to face him better now. He made to come nearer, reprimanding his shark as it pounced, luckily only circling and not flashing it's fangs. Ok, yeah it was really cute. Aisha let loose a small giggle as it circled, carefully reaching out a finger. "Can I touch them?" she asked, shifting her gaze back to the man and his deep brown eyes.

He offered a better exploration. Aisha had just finished her own walk about, but it might be nice to have someone who know their way around to guide her. "Don't mind if I do," came her playful response, daintily flicking her cigarette away to the earthy ground and starting to walk near him. "An offering for the Voice?" she asked, curiosity taking over. There must be shrine down here, a shrine to the old gods. She'd never seen one, it might be something worth venturing to.
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Nodding at Aisha's fingers, Amun once again reinforced his mental command for Zhanshi to play nice. "You can, but be careful. He might try to nibble on your fingers, but it's just his way of exploring the world and he won't draw blood." As if to prove the potter's point, the landshark swiveled around and snapped his jaws at the Ascended. Amun snorted, not impressed with his companion's demonstration.

Waiting for her to pass, the potter moved towards the entrance, not realizing she'd taken his words as an offer to serve as a tour guide. Pausing at her question, he grinned. "What do you think?" Reaching up, he flicked one of his fangs.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha glanced back to Amun for a moment as he gave advice and warning, her lips quirked up in amusement and her gaze brought to the landshark as he caught her finger between his teeth. It didn't hurt, and he was gentle enough to not draw blood. It was fascinating, it was then when it had swarmed the luxere in a frenzy of predatory display, but it was even more now, a simple creature that buzzed for her attention. "I like him," she replied, watching the shark swivel to face his companion.

She started down the tunnel, asking her question and turning her head when Amun replied. The flash of his fangs brought a smile to her face, her mouth opening to reveal her own partially shifted canines, sharp and catlike, "You're not the only one with those tricks, but I see what you mean."
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Watching Aisha interact with Zhanshi, Amun stepped closer, ready to snatch his companion away at the first sign of trouble. However, the landshark was as well behaved as he ever was. "Me too," the potter admitted with a grin. "But don't tell him I told you." It came out in a feigned whisper. Winking, he laughed as Zhanshi wriggled out of the woman's hold and bit down on the Ascended's nose before returning to the ground at Amun's feet.

Smirking at Aisha's display, Amun raised an eyebrow. "I'll have to remind myself that you're a biter like me and Zhanshi then." He inclined his head at her, grinning all the while and keeping his fangs visible.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Amun's reply brought a another crooked smile to her face, her lips pursed in amusement at his witty antics. The shark gave his own response, nipping at Amun's nose before diving back to his feet. She looked back to the man and drew a zipper across her lips, playful and laid back in her own humors.

Aisha found herself chuckling when she was called a biter, the cat's golden eyes flashing. "Good, wouldn't want anyone underestimating me," she replied coyly, turning a corner further into the tunnel system. "I don't know how far you want to go, is there anything cool you could show me?" part of her wanted to say 'other than the Voice's shrine', but she held that back. She would feel out of place there, but she was slightly curious.
AISHA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Grinning as Aisha agreed to keep the not-actually a secret, Amun inclined his head at her. Snorting at her comment, he shook his head. "Gods, anything but that." Hesitating for just a moment as she spoke, he fell in step besides her, Zhanshi tunneling at the potter's side.

Shrugging at her question, he turned right at the first intersection they reached, steps not faltering at all. "Depends what you think is cool." Glancing over at her, he cocked his head to one side. However, he made sure to keep the caves clearly in his peripheral vision. There were more than a few dangers lurking down here and he'd rather not encounter them.