I picture it, soft, and I ache
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
Was this technically a second date, or a third? Sam wasn't quite sure, but it was certainly a date he was very excited about; much more so than he had been the walk in the lava-filled nightmare. This promised to be relaxing, fun and even a little erotic, or at least as erotic as things could be between Ascended with none of that function.

The idea of being painted, he found, really appealed to him, and he wasn't quite sure why. Normally he was awfully shy about being looked at by anyone, much less potentially without clothes, and for there to be a record of it after? It almost made his skin crawl...but when it was Amun, and it was here in his house, it felt safe. Fun without the parts that made him embarrassed and paranoid, a rare experience for Sam.

Never having been an artistic person (he had inks for making books, but that was a different thing all together from painting), he had asked Amun to bring the supplies from the Artist's Sanctuary, a place Sam daredn't step foot in in case the obnoxious guildmaster asked him something weird again. He had cleared off some space in his living room, put down some paper on the floor to protect it (not that it was particularly special anyway, being several decades old and warping by now, but it was the principle of the thing) and placed a couple of sheets over the back of one of his armchairs, in case there was  need to cover modesties.

It was coming to the evening, when Amun was meant to arrive. He had bought some sweet wine at the market, thinking it would be a romantic touch even if they could not feel all it's effects, and two of his nicest glasses awaited it on the table. Trying to relax, wanting to look casual when he opened the door, Sam sat in one of his armchairs and waited, staring into the fireplace and absentmindedly smiling to himself.
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
Amun's last excursion with Sam had almost ended in disaster, but seeing as it had been both a favor for the Voice and for the bookmaker, the potter hadn't complained or minded. Heading towards the Artist's sanctuary, the potter found a spring in his step, a bouquet of flowers held in one hand. When he arrived, he headed towards the section with the paints.

There was still damage from his antics when he knocked them down while ill, paint cans damaged and partially drained. Frowning, he headed towards them. Pressing a finger against each, he restored each of them to its to their proper shape, making sure the lids were sealed once more.

Then he collected the ones he needed in a crate and tucked some canvas underneath an arm. Whistling, he headed out, the flowers balanced carefully atop the paints. Before too long, he arrived at the other man's door. The advisor had to juggle his burdens and brace the crate against the wall so he could knock, rapping his fingers against the wood.
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
Sam sat up straight at the knock on the door, pressing his hands into fists and huffing out a sigh to calm his nerves (Amun hadn't seemed to hate him the last two times, so why would he now? If only his brain listened to reason) before getting up to answer it.

"Amun!" He greeted brightly, eyes immediately going to the flowers atop the paint supplies and a grin overtook his face along with an embarrassed, yet clearly pleased, laugh. "Oh, are these for me again? That's so sweet." Standing back to let Amun into the house, he would shut the door behind him then gesture to the tabe which he had brought to the front of the house for things to be placed on. "You can put everything on there. It seems like a lot, but...I suppose I don't know whats involved, really."

Once Amun did put everything down, Sam would make a move he'd been planning (and debating in his mind) for hours; he came close and would gesture for a hug, holding out his arms towards his date.
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun

Smiling back, Amun winked at Sam. "The one and only. Good to see you again!" Nodding at the bookmaker's question, the potter glanced down at the flowers. "They are. Some magenta lilacs that I traded for in the market." Following the other man inside, the advisor set his burden down on the table that Sam indicated. Taking the canvas out, Amun looked for some place to place it where they could paint.

However, the bookmaker was coming in with outstretched arms. Grinning, the potter tossed the canvas on top of the paper the other man had laid down. Moving forward, the advisor took Sam in his arms, holding the redhead tight.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
He'd never have believed, at one point, that he'd have someone bring him flowers; just like the rose last time, Sam knew he'd be looking over to them for days after and smiling to himself. Maybe to Amun it was simply a part of the date, a simple gesture, but to Sam it spoke of something sweet and genuine that he had not often felt.

Luckily his hug was accepted, the canvas tossed away; he couldn't really bring himself to care, in the moment. Sam smiled and let himself be held tight, closing his eyes and resting his head against Amun's chest for a moment. "I've really enjoyed seeing you recently." He said softly before pulling back, chuckling ever so slightly embarrassed. Once they were apart, he stepped over to the supplies Amun had brought, looking them all over with interest.

"I was thinking, since you know what you're doing much more than I do...maybe you could paint first, and then I could try and learn from what you do?" He asked, though it was really an elaborate way of saying he was nervous his painting would be terrible, and wanted to put off making it for as long as he could.
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Reaching up with one hand, Amun slid his fingers through Sam's hair, holding the bookmaker's head close to the potter's chest. "I've enjoyed it as well. Threat of spontaneous combustion aside." He chuckled a bit, giving the redhead one last squeeze before releasing him.

The advisor's lips curled up into a smirk. "I thought this date was supposed to be for me," he drawled, giving the other man a wink for good measure. However, Amun nodded, glancing around at the room. "Sure. We can absolutely do that, whatever you're most comfortable with. Is there a place to hang the canvas? Or better yet, an easel?" He rubbed the back of his head and laughed. "I knew I was forgetting something." Shaking his head, he snorted, inviting Sam into the joke as well.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"Well, you could say it was a trial by fire for our relationship." Sam joked, laughing himself; no, the walk through the Climb had not been the ideal second date, but it had ended before disaster and he had felt safe there with someone that he felt cared.

Beginning to relax into the evening, he smiled and tucked some hair behind his ear, giving Amun a coy look. "It is for you. You wanted me to model for you, didn't you?" That, and when they were painting he wanted to get to know Amun more; it had struck Sam that he knew very little of the man's past over the last week. He went to pick up the glasses and start to pour wine as Amun began to sort out the art supplies...then he looked up at the apparent problem.

"Ah. Um..." He looked about for something the canvas could lean on. "I do have one thing...hang on." Sam rushed upstairs, heading to a little store room along his hallway; in the back (taking quite a bit of rummaging which Amun would likely be able to hear from downstairs) he found a small table easel, one that he'd used to make books before he got a better workspace. It wasn't ideal, but it was something. Bringing it down in his arms, he held it out towards Amun. "You can put it on the table there and sit on the corner to paint?"
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

"That was terrible," Amun groaned. Still, he laughed outright at Sam's quip. "Worse than my typical jokes." Chuckling, the potter shook his head, smiling at the bookmaker.

Nodding at the other man's response, the advisor's smile turned into a full on grin. "Touché. I suppose you've got me there." He winked, then let his gaze travel over Sam's body, as it had been wont to do of late.

As the redhead dashed off to find a suitable stand for the canvas, Amun wandered around the room, snagging a glass on the way. The fingers of his free hand trailed over the books stacked and shelved all around, and he took in the controlled chaos representing someone's life. As the bookmaker returned, the potter took the easel.

"Works for me. While I do that, you make yourself comfortable." He turned his back on the other man, giving the redhead the semblance of privacy as the advisor set up the stand, moving it this way and that until it was just right and he could drape the canvas on it.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"I was almost proud of it." Sam stuck his tongue out; he was not used to making jokes, especially not as often as someone like Amun, who had good humour and charisma practically falling off him every moment; he'd always had to consider his words too hard for them to be funny.

Amun's eyes on him were something Sam was growing accustomed to and he smiled, maybe ever so slightly leaning to one side and stretching out a leg, posing as subtly as he could manage. To be desired, wanted; it was almost addictive, even as he felt a hot embarrassment crawl up inside his chest. When he was back, the easel given to Amun, he was both nervous and excited about what was to come.

"Okay." Walking to the chair, Sam let out a little breath and began to unbutton his waistcoat, unsure quite how far he was willing to undress without any instruction but not wanting to look a prude (which really, he wasn't, just shy). Once the waistcoat was off he unbuttoned his shirt down a few buttons, until it was about halfway open, his chest visible, ginger hair swirling around two very slight breasts, which were just hidden behind the fabric. "...Hows this?"
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Amun smiled and inclined his head towards Sam. "I am proud of it. Though now that I know you've got such an awesome sense of humor..." Voice trailing off, the potter waggled his eyebrows at the bookmaker.

Watching the redhead undress, the advisor licked his lips. His eyes followed the buttons as the other man removed his top layer, followed by a few from his shirt. Gaze returning to Sam when he asked his question, Amun winked. "Perfect. Now why don't you make yourself comfortable in the chair and I'll get started." While he waited for the bookmaker to situate himself, the potter busied himself with pulling out paints and brushes and everything else he'd need for this evening's activity.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"Oh, don't set me up like that. I can't live up to that." Sam laughed, shaking his head. "There are things I can do, but be funny isn't really one of them...you make it seem easy, but I think you're just a lot better with people." Stating this very matter-of-factly, he went to sit down in the arm chair, awkwardly straight with his hands on his knees at first. Amun had said to be comfortable though, so Sam tried to gently let out a breath and lean back, one arm resting along the arm of the chair and the other on his legs, which he crossed. "Is this okay?"

After Amun had been painting for a couple of minutes, Sam finding he was already eager to distract from the attention on himself, he spoke while keeping his eyes fixed on the point he had started at: "I was hoping that you could tell me more about yourself while you're here. I mean...I know you're an Outlander, but I don't know anything about where you came from...only that you were a sailor, I think?" He frowned, wanting to be sure he was remembering correctly. "Can you tell me about your world?"
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

Amun raised an eyebrow at Sam's protests. Grinning, the potter shrugged. "Alright, expectations successfully lowered. And I appreciate the compliment. But I expect you to practice on me." He pointed a finger at the bookmaker. "How else are you supposed to improve? Besides, I still think you're selling yourself short."

Nodding at the redhead, the advisor gave the other man a thumbs up. For a moment, Amun just regarded Sam, taking in the lines of the bookmaker's body and his pose. However, he looked back up at the other man's face when he asked about the advisor's old world. "You want to know where I came from?" Chuckling, he picked up a brush, dipping it into a brown and bringing it to the canvas.

His fingers were slow and steady as he painted. "I was a sailor, yes. Among other things. As for where I came from, it was a world full of monsters. The wildernesses were too dangerous to travel except for large groups, so most people remained safe and sound in their cities, which were all fortified in one way or another." Looking up from his work, he smiled. "Your turn. What was it like growing up in the Hollowed Ground?"
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Oh all I ever wanted was
a life in your shape
"To be fair, nowadays I've had a reasonable amount of practice. I talk to a lot of people...I just don't do well with all of them." Laughing quietly, Sam thought over the many, many people he struggled to communicate with, either because he couldn't articulate an argument right (Jigano), they came from altogether different places to begin with (Ama), or past resentments made it difficult (Nate, Remi). "You're easy to talk to. I don't feel like you're going to judge me."

Well, as long as he didn't let Amun in on his new terrible secret.

With a conversation happening and the pose slowly becoming more natural, Sam relaxed a little, staring at the wall opposite. "I want to know as much as you'll tell me about it." Outlander worlds had always been fascinating, Sam having written many of the stories he'd heard down for future books already, but now that he cared about Amun, it was more than just that.

"Like...a permanent Longnight?" He asked, a slight frown appearing on his face, though Sam tried to make an effort to pull his expression back to neutral, trying to be a good model. "That sounds tough. If you were a sailor, though...you didn't stay in the cities?" Had Amun been a brave adventurer, sailing the seas regardless of what lay beneath?

He hadn't expected to be asked about himself so soon into trying to learn about Amun's world and Sam paused, trying to work out how to answer the question without ruining the mood. "Well, I'm sure you know I didn't have the best time growing up. But I did like some things about the Grounds. The Atheneum was always my favourite place; there was a whole worlds information there. I never thought I'd actually see the world beyond the barrier."
Keep my eyes on the road
As I ache
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun

"Oh no, I'll judge you, just not harshly." Amun smiled at Sam. Nodding at the redhead's words, the potter shrugged. "You can always use more practice." He waggled his eyebrows at the bookmaker.

As the advisor painted, shifting colors and brushes as needed, he mostly paid attention to his work. When the other man compared Amun's old world to perpetual LongNight, though, he barked out a laugh. "Not quite that bad, but bad enough that traveling solo unless you were very strong and skilled was a quick way to die. The oceans were marginally safer than the roads though."

Pausing, he sighed. "Marginally. That's how I got into pottery: we shipwrecked and couldn't repair it, so we needed to integrate into the community we found ourselves in. The potter was old and didn't have an apprentice." He shook his head as the memories washed over him.

"What was it like for you when the barrier first came down?" Looking up from his work, he grinned at Sam. The potter tilted his head to one side as he waited to hear the bookmaker's response before returning to the canvas.