[SE] [OPEN] Brother don't make me tell you
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Sometimes I think it's gettin' better
And then it gets much worse
It was simply a normal routine visit; Gideon was looking about the Citadel, at their new altar to Frey in the centre of town (for something made by an Abandoned Warden and her crew, it wasn't too bad) and the trench dug around it, designed for something Godly; he'd not managed to find out what it was they were actually preparing for, but if Frey was planning it, he was sure it was worthwhile.

The dusk was beginning to settle in, the streets dimmed; he sat at the window seat in a restaurant, finished plate before him. He was just summoning up the energy to stand and check his last thing before going home when he saw out of the corner of his eye someone moving in the street. Not just anyone, though: Gideon could have sworn he saw Judah.

Immediately he stood and marched out, not knowing what he was going to say or if he even wanted to see his brother, but his feet moving before he could think on it. As he left the restaurant he saw Judah turn a corner and disappear down another street; he rushed forwards and in his hurry, did not look ahead. Banging the shoulder of some other walker in the street, he sighed and frowned as he knew he'd have to stop and apologise; he couldn't let his reputation be marred, after all. "Sorry, I -- I need to catch up to...the man that just came by, did you see him?"
Is it just part of the process?
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
Neos had been in Halo for a few days...after figuring out how in Distortion the portals apparently worked and accidentally sending himself to a few other places he now wanted to explore. His first order of business, after finding himself nonstop-shivering from the sudden cold, was to find a tailor or someone that would be willing to make warmer clothes for him.

Now sporting a significantly-darker and somewhat thicker attire for the area, knapsack on his back holding his old clothes that he was unwilling to part with, he stopped in his tracks as he saw a figure haul ass past him that he was more than shocked to see.

Looked like an exact duplicate of him, but with purple hair, red eyes, an entirely-purple suit and no hat or gem-necklace. "Gem---whoa!"

Neos felt someone partially impact against him, causing him to move back and...wait, he didn't have to look down, this person's eyes was level with his... "Gideon," he asked in a bit of surprise, before looking down the path he saw his apparent twin take. "Why were you chasing after Gemini?"

The false human had no idea that the figure he saw was following the same exact path as another figure...
This ain't no game
We're not here to entertain you
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
When the person he had bumped into said his name, Gideon paused, looking closely at the face with a frown...until he realised who it was, the Outlander he'd met on the beach; without the bright clothes and in an entirely different environment, it had taken a moment for him to recognise Neos. For now though, greetings and catching up on how the newcomer was doing would have to wait, Gideon's eyes still darting back to the alley he'd seen Jonah depart down frequently.

"Gemini...? Is that what he's calling himself nowadays?" He shook his head, letting out an angry huff of a sigh and taking a few steps past Neos, trying to look around for his brother. "Did you see where he went? I need to speak with him." What he'd say, Gideon had no idea, but it'd probably start with a slap and end with a hug.
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
The question had Neos look back towards where the figure he was familiar with, questioning internally who Gideon could have seen instead. He wouldn't put it past Gemini to somehow make himself look like different people to multiple people looking at him, but...

"I think you and I saw different people, but they looked to be going in the same way," Neos mentioned before motioning for Gideon to follow him. He had just seen Gemini peek back around a different corner before flipping him the middle finger with a twisted smirk before popping back out of view. If currency was a thing in this world, Neos would put a large bet on Gemini heading the same direction as the person Gideon saw was. "I'll come with you, I...have a few 'words' to share with Gemini," he added at the end, forgetting for a moment that he didn't have fangs anymore and trying to bare them in a snarl.
This ain't no game
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"...Maybe." Gideon agreed, though he was certain he'd only seen the one figure; he supposed it was possible that he'd been so focused on Judah he hadn't noticed someone else. While he absolutely wanted to be alone for any eventual confrontation with his brother, having someone to help him look would be welcome. "I'm looking for my brother. Shorter than me. Long blondeish hair...scruffy." Not the most complimentary description, but the only one he had to give.

Taking a couple of steps towards the alley, he turned to look back at Neos. "Gemini, you said? What does this person look like?" If they dressed anything like Neos had when he first arrived, Gideon figured they wouldn't be hard to find.
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
"Exactly like me, but no hat or necklace, full-purple suit, purple hair and red eyes," Neos responded. "He is also a psychopath, so don't let him trick you into literally anything," he added as the duo ran through the streets to catch up to their individual followers.

He didn't have claws anymore, but Neos was more than able to apply his two fists to that monster's face repeatedly...even if that face was really his own. "We should be able to catch up with them soon," Neos added, unsure of what to do if a theory of his turned out to be true.

That the figure he saw, and the one Gideon saw was the same figure, but appearing very differently to the two of them. A twisted split illusion.
This ain't no game
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"Does everyone where you're from dress in the brightest colours possible?" Gideon asked with a raised brow at the description of who they were following, finding it unusual. At the notion that he could be tricked though he scoffed and shook his head; he was no fool, and was certain that no Outlander was going to get the better of him.

He was in full approval of moving quickly to try and catch their lost people. It had struck him by now what a strange coincidence it was, that he and Neos had both seen long lost memories walking down the same street...but when there was a chance to see his brother again after all this time, Gideon couldn't simply ignore it or pass it off as some spirit's trick, not yet. Rubbing his chin as they went, he considered if it meant Jonah had to be dead, if Ludo was making this hallucination.

"This person that you're looking for, how do you know them? Were you close?" He asked, considering one angle of his ideas.
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
"Okay, when it comes to styles, he and I are a bit of an oddity," he said in indigence as he glared at Gideon before he dropped his voice so only the priest heard him. "Plus that, the humans back home looked far more normal with attires than we do unless they were some type of performer."

Neos, however, decided to completely sidestep Gideon's questions about how he knew Gemini, not wanting to confront a dark point of his own past. Instead, he chose to say as the duo ran, "That ain't important right now, what's important is catching up to your brother...and making sure this isn't one of Gemini's cruel tricks by pretending to be your brother." A snarl came from him before he continued with narrowed eyes, "And before you ask, Gemini would do it just because he can, no logic behind it."

Though, he suspected something else was happening, since he saw Gemini looking like he was fleeing from someone...the question was who?
This ain't no game
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Saving for the sake of politeness a comment about that oddity being a saving grace for Neos' world, Gideon instead focused on their mission. Any snide comments about Outlander fashion were probably best left for other members of the Order, anyway.

A question immediately rose to his lips when Neos suggested that this 'Gemini' might be pretending to be Jonah, but not the one predicted. Frowning, Gideon asked: "Motives aside, how would he even know of my brother? It's not anything I readily tell, and no one here knows how to get to Stormbreak. Especially not a fresh Outlander." He really doubted that was the case, and in some ways, wanted to doubt it; so there was still a chance of the vision of Jonah being true. So he could finally get closure.

Reaching a fork in the path, he sighed and came to a stop, looking side to side and not having any idea where they went, if he and Neos did indeed see anyone. "I think we've lost them. Him. Whatever."
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
Neos' lips turned into a tight frown, the slivers of peach almost disappearing completely into his mouth before he said, "After a quarter of a century, I still don't know how in Distortion he knows even half of what he does. He's insane, but he always manages to make what he says somehow true, despite having no way of knowing any of it."

When the duo stopped, the false human scanned the area once more time before blowing air loudly out of his nose and turning towards Gideon. "My luck, it won't be long with Gemini. However, if you wish, I can stick around Halo for a bit longer to see if I can help you find your brother."

Neos blinked as his brain finally flagged on a specific word Gideon said as a location, finding himself thinking back to the in-between area that he appeared in upon taking one of the portals, an area that reminded him intensely of a phenomenon known as the Warp in one reality. Were these portals a sign of technology, specifically advanced technology? Who made them, he mentally asked himself as he did his best to recall the area. He didn't recall a 'Stormbreak', but then again he figured it might be one of the cities that's not connected to a portal...well, not immediately at least. "By the way, 'Stormbreak'? Where's that? Is that connected to the portal system present here?"
This ain't no game
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"I'll believe it when I see it." Fully confident he was protected from any kind of evil magical or divine force by his own Gods, Gideon was not intimidated by this 'Gemini' or whatever tricks he held up his sleeve. Besides, if he was anything like the vision of Jonah he'd seen, he'd disappeared off into the city; possibly had never even been real at all.

As for staying around, he shook his head. "No, it's alright. I'm not sure I even actually want to see him, after all." In the moment it had been an easy split-second decision, an impulse to run after a familiar face, but as time went on Gideon's memories of fights and a clear divide were returning, making any kind of reunion unappealing, at least while he was with someone else and in a public place.

Neos had unknowingly stumbled onto a pretty offensive notion by asking if Stormbreak had a portal and Gideon made a face as he shook his head, a noise of disgust leaving him instantly. "No. We don't allow things of the Voice in Stormbreak. It's on the south coast, but there's no way to get there without a special tool, for now." His tone of voice implied he would not be telling what the tool was.
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
The Voice made the portals, Neos couldn't help but wonder, an eyebrow raised at the mention. Seeing the expression on Gideon's face, he soon realized that his question might have been offensive, causing a grimace at the thought. "If that was an insulting question, I'm sorry. I had no way of knowing."

He glanced around, trying to keep an eye out for a bit of out-of-place purple running through the streets before returning his gaze to Gideon. "So...what would it take to be all--ARGH!" Neos' eyes suddenly widened as his head jerked back, hands to the sides of his heads upon his falling to his knees and and eyes closing shut as he folded over onto himself as the sudden emergence of a crippling headache suddenly emerged without warning. His breathing sharpened as the pain spiked, then began to slowly dull.

Though the pain, he ended up realizing that the pain, while it blossomed in his head, didn't seem to come from within him. "...something...happened to Gemini," he struggled to say as he gingerly moved to get up onto his feet, one hand still on the side of his head. He looked around in all directions, his gaze focusing suddenly on one direction before running into it. It looked like there was no one immediately present, but Neos just knew that Gemini was in that direction.
This ain't no game
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon gave a nod at Neos' apology; he knew it was reasonable enough, that indeed the man did not have a way of being aware of the portals creator (nor the politics surrounding her), but the idea of having a Voice invention in Stormbreak drew a visceral, physical reaction from him. If things ever got that far, if the Ascended got their claws into his beloved city, he would have lost the war his entire life was now built around.

They continued and their search continued to be fruitless; Gideon was about to admit defeat and head back, certain by now he wasn't going to see his brother, when Neos suddenly fell to his knees. Not one easily shaken, especially not by things happening to people he didn't know that well, Gideon merely stood and watched, a slightly perplexed expression on his face and his hands in his pockets.

Apparently, something had happened to Gemini, not Neos, though what sense that made he wasn't sure. Neos ran off then, shooting into a direction that as far as Gideon could see, didn't contain a soul. For a moment he watched after him, staring at the strange man, but didn't follow. His brother was not that way, and whatever Neos was dealing with, it sounded more trouble than it was worth.
Well, Vi, it hurts
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
In a way, it was likely a good thing that Gideon didn't follow, at least at first if the priest ended up changing his mind for some reason. Neos had peeled off in a particular direction, guided by some unknown form until he stopped after turning one corner. In front of him was a figure dressed entirely in purple pulling himself up to a nearby wall to lean against it, hair shoulder-length and pure white while also looking absolutely pale. When the figure leaned his back against the wall while sitting up, his eyes opened to reveal pinkish-red eyes.

"Was he turned into an albino," Neos muttered to himself as he stomped towards the near-lookalike, drawing the red eyes towards him.

"So, my getting dragged out of your head by the supposed gods brought you here anyway," the figure said as a slightly-toothy smile emerged on his face, getting a snarl out of Neos.

"Cut the Tauros-shit, Gemini," Neos said with force, stomping the ground hard in front of him. "What in Distortion are you even doing here? I had been put under the impression that only those I've met face-to-face would appearing during these illusions."

Gemini tilted his head at the statement, smirk still on his face. "But we have met face-to-face, dear counterpart. Such is the miracle that was the Pathway to Origin, remember?" Gemini then rose a hand towards Neos before the standing one between them felt the sudden need to buckle under his own weight. "Now, if you don't mind, it's time I took control for a while," the dark double said as he gingerly stood up and over Neos. "I wonder how many lives I can make off with while in this---"

Neos suddenly surged toward forward, body-slamming Gemini into the wall back behind them with a snarl. The fact that Gemini had been solid to him did flag for a second, but the false human wondered if that had to do with the fact that they were both two parts of the same person. The sudden movement was enough to shut Gemini up for the moment, prompting the dark double to look at Neos with slight amusement. "I don't fucking care if you are another personality of mine, you're never getting back out again if I can help it," he snarled, green eyes trying to glow with rage. "You've taken enough lives as is."

Gemini glanced towards the direction that Neos had emerged from, simply nodding slightly to himself. "Blind as always," he muttered before looking back towards the personality in black. "Jealous gods fight fang and claw against the evolution of this world. It is the nature of children to grow and eventually no longer require their parents' care, but they force humanity to continue suckling from their breasts."

The figure dressed in full purple then disappeared from underneath Neos, causing the false human to collapse and fall to the ground for a moment. Neos got back up onto his feet, glancing down at where Gemini had been just a moment. "...what in Distortion are you on ab---" Shaking his head, he simply walked away from the spot, not expecting to see Gideon again for a bit. However, the next time he saw the priest again, he'd ask about what such a cryptic line should possibly mean...

-Fin
This ain't no game