what no one has done before
for Finn
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Since his meeting with Cian, Gideon had had nothing but his plans on his mind. Everything in his daily life seemed so inconsequential, so trivial, when he knew that soon he would be heading to make a strike against their enemy. Soon, he could be changing the course of time for the better, and that made it hard to focus on simple ritual and prayer. After the meeting he had immediately sought to arrange a time to see Finn.

Something more casual than their last time would be nice, he thought, so he'd invited the man to lunch at one of his favourite little restaurants in the Plaza. While yes, they were about to discuss something rather secret...well, he knew the staff well enough to get a secluded table at the back, and if someone did hear, so what? It wasn't like anyone pro-Ascended could even enter the city.

Waiting for Finn at the table by the back of the restaurant, sipping at a cup of tea he'd gotten earlier, he tried to go over all he wanted to ask and say; he had to pitch this right, to get the team he wanted together.
GIDEON
You claim to be virtuous, but you're a liar
And you'll feel the heat of the flames
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
i felt powerful i felt powerful ifeltpowerfulifelt
The Finn who joins Gideon at this secluded table at the restaurant is a different animal to the one with whom he held casual conversation not so long ago. Honestly, for Finn it feels like a lifetime - since that conversation he has rebelled, escaped, fallen back into his ways and is drifting, again, on the surface of his own barely contained lucidity. Like so many grains of sand slipping through his fingertips, like the drops of condensation that roll down a glass of wine--

He blinks, bringing himself back to the present, realising he is standing in the way of one of the wait staff. Murmuring an apology, they lead him to Gideon's table. Finn is dressed smartly if not as formally as other members of the Order, the sleeves of his pale grey shirt rolled up his forearms so as not to attract ink stains. His curls are their usual tousled mess, and he doesn't look as if he's slept in at least a day and a half.

"Apologies if I am late," he murmurs, sounding vaguely elsewhere as he takes his seat, his stormy eyes settling on the Priest. "I was expecting to see you in the Temple next, rather than in a place like this."
FINN
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Finn certainly looked like a mess as he approached the table, but that wasn't necessarily any different from normal; Gideon regarded the man with a curious eye but didn't ask, sure that whatever it was was going to be a secret of some sort, or at least something that the Spyglass didn't want to discuss.

"Not significantly." Leaning forward, Gideon rested his elbows on the table and laced his fingers, as if about to let Finn on a great secret, and said in a hushed voice: "I do sometimes leave the temple. I am allowed to." A laugh followed, the grin on his face unintentionally somewhat menacing in combination with his posture, then Gideon leaned back and began to introduce what he'd actually called Finn here for.

"I need your help on some research. How much do you know about Ascended shrines?" He asked, keeping it vague at first in case Finn would suggest an angle he had not yet considered.
GIDEON
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Like magnets at opposite poles, when Gideon leans forward Finn automatically finds himself craning back, watching the Priest's face as if it might spill deceptions and dreams. Alas, it is only a witticism that the Spyglass would have missed were it not for the tell-tale laughter. His lips turn up in a brief smile, and he glances sidelong at one of the waiters who brush by, just a little too close. "What a privilege," he remarks in response; but then Gideon's voice is lowering and the smile fades from Finn's face.

He listens closely to the other man, his brows furrowing as he tries to recall, to tap into the knowledge he's collected. "They are usually manmade," he murmurs, "and commonly contain obsidian or metal objects. My research is limited - I have never visited such a shrine, you understand. Were I to see one..." He shrugs. That might be different.
FINN
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
To see a smile on Finn's face felt like a privilege in of itself. The members of the Order did have a surely grim undertaking, but Gideon felt the odd joke and moment of happiness was necessary for them to continue on; after all, they were aiming to make a world full of joy within the Old Gods and their jurisdiction.

It seemed Finn didn't know too much about shrines generally, which was fine; it would be a learning experience for all of them. Gideon nodded and thought for a moment over how much to reveal, what to say. "I could take you to one. I could take you to all of them, soon." Once he'd finished the last of Ludo's tasks and had within his hands the item promised, which would surely bring forward the Order's mission by eons. "But okay, you don't know much about the Shrines themselves. Do you know if anyone's ever tried to destroy one?" He asked casually, holding out his hands in a gesture that said you know, just hypothetically.
GIDEON
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
Finn fixes his stormy eyes on Gideon when he mentions going to an Ascended shrine, and that suspicion remains right up until it becomes clear that he intends to destroy them. Exhaling slowly through his nose, the Spyglass sinks back in his seat and racks his memory for anything regarding said shrines and what were done about them. "Off the top of my head, I can't say that there are any cases of destruction noted," he remarks. "If you give me a few days to look, I might be able to find more notes about it."

That isn't to say, though, that there isn't anything regarding the Voice's shrines. "From what I remember, abandonment seemed to be the method by which our ancestors dealt with the threat. There are records about shrines to the Voice which still exist today, though nature has attempted to reclaim them. Why... what are your plans?"
FINN
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
No cases on the surface; Gideon let out a quiet sigh, finding that he had been hoping for something. Some precedent to base their mission off of, an idea of what might happen. Flying in blind was risky and with the team he was assembling, they needed it to be as tight an operation as possible. "Thanks, I'd appreciate it. You can bring anything you find to the Temple."

The idea of nature, something of the Old Gods, reclaiming and taking over an Ascended shrine put a smile on his face. It wasn't as immediate a solution as they needed, but it was a pleasingly ironic, circular sort of justice.

Asked what his plans were, he leaned forward again, hands laced on the table. "I want to take a team to each Shrine; I can find them - and destroy them. I was going to ask you to come with us, actually. We could use someone with a lot of knowledge about the history we're dealing with." And to record what Gideon hoped might be an all new chapter in Caido.
GIDEON
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
"I will," Finn says with a soft nod, finding himself feeling a curious sense of inadequacy, as if he has somehow failed Gideon despite not knowing what he intends to do, how he was supposed to help or why he is here in this restaurant. As it so happens, however, the Spyglass won't be kept waiting for long; the Priest leans forward and Finn furrows his brows as if to try and understand it all. His stormy eyes widen when it's revealed, the part he is supposed to play in all of this.

There are a few moments of silence where he tries in vain to mull it all over - it isn't that Finn is against the plan, but more that he's just recently gotten back to Stormbreak after yet another slip up. In the end, though, there's no way he's going to refuse. "If that is the case, I had better make sure I brush up on my history about these shrines," he says with a faint smile. "When do you plan to go?"
FINN
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Finn paused to consider his offer and Gideon drank from his cup, leaning back, putting on the airs of being absolutely casual as he actually rather impatiently waited to find out if he would be bringing the Spyglass with him or not. Thankfully after the pause, Finn agreed, and Gideon put his cup down with a grin, leaning back over the table to shake the mans hand. "Fantastic. I'm not sure when yet, but soon. There's a few things to work out."

People to arrange, his compass to upgrade...nothing that he thought would take more than until Deepfrost, at the absolute latest, and he hoped it could happen before that.

Well, with business discussed, all that was left was lunch and thrilling conversation, which they absolutely had, no awkward pauses at all, until they both left the restaurant, Finn with a new job and Gideon with his plan another step forwards.

FIN (N)
GIDEON