proud confessions
for Sera
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon
Imposing penance one by one
You've got a virtue in a vice
The Celestine was particularly radiant this night; the beauty of their world, the Gods world, really shone through. The plants framed the changing evening sky above and below the various creatures that took sanctuary in the garden skittered and slept; had Gideon not been there to meet with Seraphina, he may have just sat down and enjoyed the scenery for a while.

Unfortunately, given the beautiful scenery, he had a rather grim topic to discuss. Gideon had hesitated before he thought to bring this up to Sera, but he couldn't protect her as if she were a child, even with the affection he held for her. They were members of the Order with a job to do, and she was more than able to take on the task he had. Sitting on a bench and lacing his fingers together on his lap, Gideon waited for her to arrive.
With all the history to guide
You've got a passion in those eyes
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
it's cold, it's dark, it's deep and it's wet
and you ain't gonna make it if you don't let someone in
Perhaps she shouldn’t be surprised to receive the note from Gideon, the request to meet tonight at the Celestine. But she is, and she dresses warmly, making her way through the beautiful city and melding into the scenery, the beauty that lies therein. A scarf is wrapped around her neck, tucking in dark curls as she practically bounds her way through until she finds him on a bench, waiting, ever as poised as he always seemed to be.

Giddy.” She greets, flashing him an amused wink. “I was surprised to get the note, usually you just show up.” She takes a seat beside him, crossing one leg over the other and shifting her coat before her gaze lands on him again. “Must be something important.” Of course, she’s all poking and prodding, a wide beaming grin as she patiently waits to see what he’s invited her here for – certainly not just the sights.
darlin', darlin', why don't you sleep at night?
the colder the heart, the warmer the gun
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Gideon
Sera arrived dressed beautifully and with a chipper note in her step, especially as she called him by their old nickname. Gideon wanted this very much to be a serious meeting, but he couldn't quite stop the smile on his face as he looked up at her, watching as she came over and sat next to him. "It is very important, actually." He replied eventually, making sure his tone was even enough to let her know he was serious.

He was quiet for a moment, still wrestling with the voice in the back of his head that didn't want to wrap her up in this, but ultimately decided to. "I saw Ludo recently, and it's giving me something very special. Something that will help me to find the location of Ascended shrines." Gideon studied Sera's face as he made this announcement, looking to see if she understood the significance of what he was saying. "Obviously, if we know where they are, we are practically obligated to act."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Settled beside him, the smile on his face is a reflection of her own. But she gives him her full attention, dark brows raising a fraction in surprise as he mentions that it is important – head cocking to the side as she considers him and what might slip from his lips that couldn’t be said in a conversation in the workshop. And so she remains silent, letting him gather her thoughts, knowing better than to try and rush him even as she sits there in anticipation.

And then he tells her that he’d visited Ludo. And suddenly, things start to make sense. Her brows lower slightly back into a normal placement, the briefest edge of an excited smirk crossing her face. “Did it?” She asks quietly, almost as if she’s mystified by the sudden power that Gideon holds within his hands now.

Of course, the implication of what he says does have her head straightening, hands reaching out to smooth down her clothing as if they’re simply talking over the weather or the news of the day, nothing at all like her mind drifts toward. “And by act, you mean…?” She asks, returning her honeyed gaze to him, eyes bright and gleaming with a hint of mischief. “Stopping the abominations in their tracks?” It comes out quieter, though she knows there’s no judgement from Gideon with it. As far as Sera can remember, she doesn’t recall ever seeing an Ascended, unsure what it might be like to be in the presence of one, and knowing deep down she hopes she never finds out.

But it sounds as if Gideon might have other plans in that department.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
Gideon nodded, his grim mood ever so slightly lifted by Sera's clear admiration of his visit with Ludo; there was a kind of peace in it, in having finally met one of the Gods he served, to finally be able to wear his label of a messenger and servant of their deities honestly and with proof. "Yes. There was a cost, but one I was able to pay." A knife, a scream, clear fluid on his hands; nothing he wasn't willing to do.

"Yes. I was discussing with Ludo that the Voice has begun to make her own creatures wholesale, instead of converting humans. Without her shrines, she might struggle to do this, or at least to feed as many of them as she plans to make." It made him shudder, the thought of her 'children' coming to those dark places to bare their fangs and feast from their mother. Destroying the shrine was not only a moral right, it was something deeply personal, something deep within him that knew it was the right thing to do.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Of course.” She pipes up. Flashing him yet another wide grin, an easy tension brought between the two of them as she waits with baited breath to hear either the confirmation of or denial of her thoughts and where they’d led. And when they’re confirmed, that smile grows just a fraction wider, her head tilting slightly as she scans Gideon’s face, hands resting easily in her lap despite all of her attention poured directly into the man at her side.

A father figure of sorts, specifically for her roles within the Order.

Is she really?” Seraphina hums, lips curling in clear distaste, brows furrowing in surprise and displeasure of it. She cannot fathom how someone could create and let those creations be something so horrible. “And you’re telling me… Because you want my help?” The grin is replaced, perhaps a touch wider with anticipation of being a part of it all.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
Sera's enthusiasm for the topic helped to make it feel less grim and Gideon almost smiled at her faith in him, the certainty that he would have been able to pay any price Ludo could have asked for. Had it been something outside of his grasp he would have certainly tried, but he knew he was not infinitely capable, as much as he wanted to be.

"Yes. I met one of them. It touched me and..." He shuddered and shook his head, trying to forget the sensation Osozo had caused in his arm, the fuzzy flickering of a broken machine, his skin temporarily something non-human. "It seemed to have the ability to turn me partly into a broken machine, something like itself...only temporarily, but any time at all was enough."

Eager to get on to something else, to forget how he had been corrupted no matter how momentarily, he nodded. "Yes. Cian mentioned the shrines may be trapped...and that you, with your specific talents, might be able to recognise and disarm these traps in preparation for the shrine's destruction. What do you think?"
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Her gaze grows a bit more intense as he mentions that an Ascended touched him, some sort of horror crossing her mind, and she scans him for any sense of something wrong. When he explains further, her brows furrow, confusion quickly taking place. “That’s horrible.” She says, putting it bluntly, reaching up to tuck a piece of her dark hair behind her ear as she listens to his plan continuing.

The mention of Cian does cause a slight and brief flush to cross her cheeks, though she swallows it down with a decisive nod and leans back on the bench, flashing him an easier smile. “I think I would love to help.” She says honestly, settling in at his side with a bit of purpose now – something to practice and look forward to. "And we start once you've gotten your item from Ludo?"
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
Sera's genuine sympathy and horror at what Osozo had done was comforting, in a way; it assured Gideon that he was right to be disgusted by it. He had wondered if he was overreacting, but then again, he had been touched and changed somehow by that which they were trying to destroy, to be the opposite of entirely. "Thankfully, the effect has not returned since. I would just...tell you not to let any of them touch you, if you would even consider it now."

He didn't notice the flush at the mention of Cian's name, too involved in the seriousness of the situation and plan he was concocting. Sera's willingness to help was met with a bright smile and a hand on her arm, Gideon nodding. "Yes. The moment I receive it. Thank you, Sera. This might be a risky mission, but...it could make the difference between years of pain or success."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Part of her is thankful when Gideon doesn’t comment on the slight flush, instead focusing on the implications of what he says. It would take time, for Gideon to get the item he requires, and it would give Sera enough time to come up with a means to destroy any traps they might stumble across. Perhaps some time to train as well, to get used to actually wielding a weapon if it ever came down to it. “I won’t let them touch me.” She says with a bit of determination, doing everything she could to figure out how she could prevent it.

As for the rest of it, though, Gideon’s hand is on her arm and she beams over at him. “You’re welcome.” She says with an easy knowing glance as he continues on in his dramatics. “Then I suppose we should be well prepared, then, hm?” She chimes, a bit of a crooked grin, before she moves to stand and take his hand with hers so that he might walk with her back through the Celestine.

- FIN <3