if only in my dreams
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
It's not really sleeping so much as it's passing out. Ronin doesn't slip into the dreamworld - he all but crashes into it with a groan, the Star pulling himself to his knees and rubbing his eyes. He's glowing, at least, a beacon to those who might want to find him (one man in particular, of course), and although he feels like shit, he still couldn't be happier to be back here. "Remi?" he calls, rising unsteadily back to his feet and rubbing at his stubbled jaw.

Ronin is bruised all over even in his dreams, and his memories are clouded and strange things. Around him the world warps into dimly lit dens and screaming crowds; the sound of skin hitting skin echoes, a slapping ripple across his consciousness. The taste of whisky prickles along the walls of his subconscious, painting it in honey colours and a stinging at the back of his throat. Honestly, the Star isn't a fan. All he really wants is to find his husband, to fall into Remi and never climb back out.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
Remi looks better in the dream world than in reality. There is more hair on his face, his curls wilder and less tamed, but at least here he isn't covered in dirt and moss. Ronin's light beckons to him instantly, and across worlds and watercolour images, the alchemist and Mateo fly toward the Star. Frowning silently at the dim vista into which they enter, Remi can only assume this is some strange date that Ronin has in mind for them. Like his husband, he doesn't immediately love it.

"I know you probably think I'm missing humanity but...I don't know about this." He comments with a chuckle, descending down on pale wings with their son cradled in his arms. Immediately he's before Ronin, Mateo suddenly in a bassinet next to them. Wrapping his arms around the Star's neck and tugging him close, the alchemist takes a moment to simply linger in his husband's presence, before removing all space between them with a warm and lingering kiss.
Now don't you look so grand, runnin'
Through the reds of my traffic lights
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Mmm..." Ronin's response is an eloquent one, sealed away (or perhaps just encouraged) by the kiss Remi comes to deliver to his lips. The alchemist is like a descending angel with their son in his arms, and the Star reaches up to slide his arms around him in return. He clasps him close, a smile deepening the kiss, and instantly the world around them seems to brighten - as does Ronin.

When the Star draws back, he's no longer battered and bruised, no longer adrift in snippets of fights and booze. His clothes are clean and crisp, and his blue eyes are bright. Around them, the Silk Houses bloom in a symphony of colours, scents and sounds; Ronin draws them to sit, and suddenly they are nestled in a cozy outdoor patio area backing onto a quaint cafe. Mateo burbles in the bassinet beside them, and Ronin laces his fingers with Remi's.

"So how was your day?" he asks, lifting their hands so he can kiss the Lullaby's knuckles.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
"Sorry if I ruined your plans." The alchemist says with a shy smile, noting how Ronin's skin appears healthier all of a sudden, and how neat his clothes become. "Next time let me know ahead of time, and I'll leave Mateo up there." Up there being the vaguish direction of where reality lay. With a mischievous smile as if predicting his husband's thoughts, he pulls out a small pale feather made of wood. "I went to see Ludo." He replies, supplying answers to the question asked of him, and the one not-asked. "We assumed we'd be together when I asked it for a way for letters to find us...and it...gave me an extra. Just for you." There is a sweetness in Remi's voice which is reserved normally just for his family. But in this case, such acts of kindness, selfishly motivated though they might be, seem appropriate for the herald.

"It was alright. Vai came to see me." Brushing Ronin's cheek with his thumb as his knuckles are kissed, he sighs with a warm sigh. "Thanks for that." Who else but Ronin would have sent word to her. It would be a surprise to him that it was actually Ianto.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"You couldn't ruin anything," Ronin protests with a smile, leaning in to press his lips to Remi's cheek, like he's trying to kiss away the dimples. He wants to point out that there isn't really a way for him to tell the other man in advance, but then the alchemist is producing the feather charm and stunning his husband in the process. His lips part to question it and Remi is already answering him before he can even get the words out.

So Ronin simply sits and smiles adoringly at him, leaning in for another kiss and accepting the charm to slip it into his pocket. It'll be there when he wakes up - he knows it. "Tell it thank you from me," he manages at last, brushing his nose over Remi's and sitting back again. "Mm... Vai? I'm glad, but that wasn't me. She must have decided to come and visit on her own." He shrugs his shoulders, finally turning his attention down to their son.

If the Star was glowing before, he's positively ablaze now, reaching into the bassinet to scoop Mateo out, cooing over him and cuddling him close. "Gods, I love you both," he mumbles, kissing the boy's tiny fingers. "How's he been?"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Ronin does precisely the opposite; Remi's dimples deepen to feel the scruffy warmth of Ronin's lips against his cheek. "I will." The alchemist whispers against his husband's receding lips, sneaking forward to kiss Ronin one more time. 'Oh no? Then how..?' Maybe Amalia. Or perhaps Vai had simply gotten word of the whole thing. He should have asked. He would, next time he saw her. Especially with his letters able to find Ronin now, he could offer to send whatever words of wisdom she had.

However much affection flowed out of Remi in Ronin's presence was raised to impossible heights to see the Star with their son. In the morning the alchemist would fall from that precipice of joy to realize how much Ronin was missing, but he'd not let that ruin the here and now. "We miss you, every day." Remi murmurs soberly as Mateo cackles to feel the brush of Ronin's facial hair against his fingers. "Good. He comes with me, everywhere I go." In the dreamscape distance there appears the sight of bigfoot the alchemist with Mateo strapped to his back. Both father and son sing their own songs to the wilderness as they trek about the Greatwood.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Mm, I'd say it wasn't as much as I miss you both, but we'll just call it a draw, shall we?" Ronin murmurs, the sound of their son's laughter surpassing any music he might hear in Stormbreak. The Star will also awaken to feel the void where his husband and his child should be, but for now this is perfection. Glancing up and holding Mateo nestled against his shoulder, he squints at the dreamscape distance and snorts his laughter to Remi. "Our son is giving you away," he warns. "You're a lot hairier than I left you."

Not that he minds - they are coping, each in their own ways, and the fact that they can cultivate these moments together is everything. "These are the Silk Houses, by the way," he says softly, gesturing to the patio, the bustling street, the music and food stalls and the smell of coffee sweetened with honey and whiskey. "Entertainment district, as far as I understand."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Well, there are two of us and only one of you, so that sounds like playing it safe on your end." Remi counters smugly, leaning against the Star as Mateo delightedly tugs on Ronin's nose. Looking into the distance, the alchemist frowns both at the sight of himself as well as his husband's characterization. "Oh, I didn't realize I needed to look my best for Ianto and the fae." He grumbles. "Delphia though..." This is said as if the demigoddess of death was one worthy of his efforts.

Glancing around as if noticing the fact that Ronin's mind is at work on the dreamscape as well, Remi watches the bustling people, the bright lights, smells the food and fragrances in the air. "Silk houses? Inventive name." There were silks draped from some of the windows to be sure, but there wasn't a single textile-house as far as he could see. 'Oh, entertainment. Trust you to suss that one out right away.' Remi notes, grinning widely at Ronin. His voice is heavily accented of course, but free of judgement. It's the beauty of their relationship, and why its stood the test of time where others haven't: the two genuinely do accept the other for who they are.

'Wait, so...the bruises from before...was that an act? Or is that how your face really looks right now?' Remi wonders, snorting with amusement under his breath.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Well, when you've got a secret weapon like this one around, I think it's very wise of me to play it safe," Ronin informs his husband, beaming at Mateo and scrunching his nose up. With a shiver of willpower, he partially shifts his antlers into view, the soft glow illuminating the area around them as well as his dazzle. "Excuse me, you should be making sure you look your best for our son, so he doesn't envisage you as some kind of forest monster. Unless that's the look you're going for," he says, shooting Remi a playful look.

Snorting and nudging Remi gently with his elbow, he leans further against his husband and relaxes in his seat. "I'll have you know, I was taken here by the head of the Order himself. In retrospect, the fucker probably knew it would be my downfall." He groans, both at how easily he's been led and also for the hangover to come.

"That is absolutely how I look right now, and I would thank you to keep your snickering to yourself. I am delicate. I won, though." He smirks.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Remi's breath is humbly stolen as Ronin illuminates the area from both inside and out. In this world his predatory instincts are dulled completely and easily ignored, allowing the Lullaby the full range of his senses with which to appreciate his husband's splendour. "First off, I think I look quite good as a forest monster. And second, I was just doing it so that you might have a chance to be the most attractive parent." Remi grins.

'Head of the Order, huh?' Remi raises a brow at that, like Ronin, having the impression that the Order was all business and no play. "Oh I'm so very sorry." He doesn't sound it at all of course, though he does lean over to press a soft kiss against Ronin's cheek, as if expecting his husband to shatter at any moment like glass. "What was it this time? Drunk and disorderly? No, no, let me guess: someone barged in front of you in line, while you were waiting for food?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I think you look very handsome as a forest monster," Ronin informs his husband, all the while grinning up at Mateo as he lifts him into the air, the boy squealing his delight and tryng to grab at the luxere antlers. Ronin lets him, of course - he's hardly going to be able to pull them off, even with his terrifying infant strength. "Aw, I appreciate that though. Gotta let me shine while I can, eh?" He winks.

Pouting for good measure (this causes fresh cackling in their son), the Star accepts the kiss to his cheek as a very dignified form of forgiveness, before cradling Mateo close again and kissing his dark curls. The boy is overexcited and overtired, and yet Ronin gets the impression he won't be kept from deeper sleep for long. "No no, this time it was a fight club," he says proudly, grinning across at Remi. "People put bets on, and fight. It was... refreshing." Code for: I needed it, and it helped.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
'You don't give me much choice.' Remi chuckles back, Ronin's glowing being a thing that, should he try to extinguish it, would likely only shine brighter.

Watching adoringly as Mateo fights to stay awake, wanting to remain the center of attention for as long as possible (I wonder who he gets that from?), the alchemist raises a surprised brow to hear of a fight club in a place like Stormbreak. "How undignified." Remi praises with a smile. "So what did you win then? Some dusty robes? A book on etiquette?" He can't get the dry and drab imagery of Stormbreak out of his mind, no matter the colourful world Ronin is currently painting for him.

'Honestly, I'm surprised you have bruises at all. Must be nice to have some real competition there." Remi adds with a playful nudge.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin dutifully gives their son all the attention he craves deserves, ending up rocking him gently to sleep (Remi, it's definitely Remi he gets that from). Even when the boy is happily snoring away, it's still a few, sweet minutes before the Star can bear to put him down, relishing the weight and warmth and realness of him in the moment. "I hope he doesn't forget me," he says sadly, carefully tucking Mateo up in the bassinet before turning back to his husband.

"So undignified," he echoes, reaching out now to try and tug the alchemist into his lap in turn - instead of a cute little outside chair, Ronin is suddenly lounging in a very comfortable armchair with ample room for them both. "First of all, I was quite drunk and the man was the size of a mountain. Also I'm sure I decided to take penalties to make it more fair. Don't really remember," he says, chuckling. "And I won a lot of favours. I gave them to my opponent, though, in exchange for maybe getting some recruits for the Dragoons."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Never." Remi promises, his voice suddenly earnest and warm as he leans against Ronin. He hadn't let Aoife forget her father, and that was when Remi had no reason to believe he was ever coming back. Knowing that Ronin was merely away made keeping Ronin a part of Mateo's waking hours and dreaming ones, all the easier.

Chuckling as he's easily manhandled into Ronin's lap, the alchemist lets himself flop against the chair and his husband with boneless zeal. 'Oh sure, you decided to take some penalties, did you." Remi wonders with a skeptical grin. 'Favours? That sounds...anticlimactic." Frowning and peering into Ronin's eyes, trying to determine if the Star was leading him on. "So...you gave your opponent favours that he gets to...what? Use the next time he needs to reshingle his roof?" It sounded...well, lacklustre for both the colourfulness of the Silk Houses, but also for the mystique of Stormbreak itself.

'Well, congratulations for winning.' Remi gushed, kissing Ronin's cheek loud enough to cause Mateo to stir. "How's that going, anyway? With the Dragoons?"