it's verbatim
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
and it burns like a gin and i like it
Halo had been treating her kindly these past few days, she'd been both welcomed and sent dirty looks. It wouldn't feel right just one way or the other, as cold as the surrounding areas were the people here were lively; be it through a smile in their eyes or a glare across the pathway.

One place where she'd felt especially at home was the Kraai, the recommended sister bar to the VlamVloed. Sunjata knew how to pilot a business, especially those with liquors involved. Barrel upon barrel and bottle upon bottle of beautiful, burning spirits. The woman was already working her way through a bottle of hot whiskey, facing away from the bar and leaning back on her elbows. She watched all the people come and go, stumbling through the energy filled space.
put your lips on my skin and you might ignite it
AISHA
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren emerged from the more private areas of the Kraai dressed in sensible and boring clothing that he wouldn't mind getting dirty, all browns and grays. Tapping the current bartender on the shoulder, the healer smiled at the other man. "I can take it from here." The bartender nodded and tossed the Firebrand a clean cloth.

Snatching it from the air, he slung it over a shoulder. Astra poked her head out from behind his legs, took one look at the assembled crowd, bleated, and hid herself behind the bar. Letting out a huff of laughter, he took his cloth and started to wipe down a damp spot where someone had spilled their drink.

As he did, he did a closer inspection of the patrons. Most of them were regulars, but one, a woman, stood out. Grabbing a clean and empty glass, he slipped out from behind the bar and strode over to her. "You're new here." It wasn't a question.

Setting the glass down, he waved his hand over it and water filled it, courtesy of his magic. "Let me know if you need anything. And try to pace yourself." Winking at her, he returned to his station, taking a flurry of drink orders and beginning to mix and pour them as best he could. When necessary, he cheated with his telekinesis, bottles floating over to him without having to go over and shakers moving back and forth without him touching them.
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Eventually she was approached, as was inevitable with the nature of a bar and it's patrons. A man around her age appeared, carrying with him a glass that he set out for her. His comment pulled a hmph from her lips and a tip of her head to the bottle in her hands, "You got me," she replied, watching him with a feline's gaze as he waved his hand over the empty glass and produced a new beverage.

She leaned over to inspect it, it was clear and cool and barely bubbling. "What is this vodka?" she asked, pulling her whiskey to her chest and reaching out with the other hand to grab the new glass and give it a sniff. Ugh, this wasn't vodka it was water. She turned to face him with a playful scowl as he moved back behind the counter to continue his shift. "Don't do a girl like that mr. bartender," she said, placing the water back on the counter and raising her bottle to her lips instead.
AISHA
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Nodding as the woman confirmed Loren's guess, he shot her a brief smile. "What's your name?" Pausing for just a moment for her to respond, he frowned when she asked if if was vodka. Shaking his head, he left her to figure it out on her own.

Which she did. Sighing as she pushed the glass aside in favor of her bottle, he reached out with his telekinesis. Tugging at the bottle, he would slide the water in front of her again. "I have a name," he drawled. "And do a girl like what? Prevent her from ending up in my infirmary later tonight?" Taking a dirty glass, he began to wash it, drying it with a flick of his water magic when he did.
begin at the beginning
Aisha Khai

Change author:
"Aisha," she gave in answer, following him with a catlike gaze as he moved nearer and offered her the glass.

He'd gone back behind the bar, and as Aisha raised her whiskey bottle to her mouth she felt a sudden force dragging it away. She fought it for a second, brows furrowed in confusion, until it required actual brawn to pull on the thing, and she let go. It floated through the air back over to the bartender, while the glass of water slid back towards her. Her eyes shot back to the man, a scowl on her face. Fucking wizards.

His admonishment was taken with a scoff, leaning back and crossing her arms, stubbornly refusing the water. "Whatever dad," she teased, her lips quirking to an impish smirk. "Your name then?" she asked, far more curious now that he'd played his cards. She even gave in just a tad, taking the glass and drinking a small sip of water. A look was shot his way, there, happy?
AISHA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Loren nodded as Aisha introduced herself. Turning his back to her, he ignored her scowling and her protests, focusing instead on cleaning and drying glasses. However, when she spoke again, he glanced up and grinned. "Dad?" Shaking his head, he let out a huff of laughter. "That's a new one. Spoilsport, killjoy, bastard, wouldn't know fun if it hit him in the head, yes, but never dad."

Raising his eyebrows, he smiled. "Loren." Eyes flicking to her glass then back to her face, he tilted his head to one side. "That's it. Drink the whole thing and I'll consider pouring you something alcoholic." He turned away to fulfill the order of another patron.
begin at the beginning
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha chuckled as he listed off his usual monikers, taking another sip of her water, "Don't oversell yourself there bud," she drawled sarcastically, shooting him a playful smirk. The atmosphere of the bar was one of her favorites, she could always find a witty partner here, even in the company of the tamer patrons.

He gave his name, Loren, then made her a deal. She raised her brows, then with little more consideration she grabbed the glass, downed the water and slid it back over to him. She cleared her throat just for the show of it, glancing away and opening her palm expectantly.
AISHA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
"Oh I didn't." Loren let out a huff of laughter and grinned at Aisha. "I left out party pooper and wet blanket." Turning to begin putting the glasses away, he finished before stepping aside to take another patron's drink. He mixed it and slid it before the unknown man.

When she cleared her throat, though, and slid the empty cup of water to the healer, though, he returned to her. Taking out the whiskey bottle and two shot glasses, he poured one for each of them. Lifting one in a toast, he smiled at her. "Cheers." He tossed his drink back and coughed a little. While he waited for her to do the same, he refilled her glass with water, his magic making it simple.
begin at the beginning
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha snickered at his response, adding on a couple more less than fortunate titles he'd accumulated. She'd be damned before anyone thought she was a wet blanket. If anything she was a heated blanket that you have to wrestle between warm enough and too hot. But he didn't seem too worried about it, "I could say I'm impressed," she replied, leaving him on a cliff hanger of whether or not she would.

A shot glass full of whiskey was slid over to her, she flipped her palm over to catch it as it stopped. Hm, she humphed, swishing it around in the glass a few times before lifting it to toast and then clinking it against his, "To my new friend, wet blanket," she teased, raising the glass to her lips and downing the shot. Just after she'd finished it, she found her glass full again, but instead of liquid gold she found herself staring once again at water.

This time though she'd take it, appreciate it without a fight. She'd gotten what she wanted after all, and now there were other things on her slightly tipsy mind, "What other magics do you have Loren," she asked, leaning her elbows on the bar and looking across at the man as he worked.
AISHA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Chuckling at Aisha's quip, Loren shook his head. Wiping down yet another spill from the increasingly rowdy patrons, he refilled the hunter who'd quaffed's stein before returning to her. "I won't hold my breath," he informed her in a drawl.

Pouring himself another shot of the whiskey, he toasted right back at her. "The dampest blanket. And to my new friend, the lady with questionable drinking habits and taste in liquor." He tossed back his shot, cheeks flushing as the burn slid down his throat. Getting his own glass of water, he sipped it in between filling a few drink orders.

Returning to her once more, he tossed his rag over one shoulder. "You mean besides water and telekinesis?" He snorted. "How much time have you got and how bored are you willing to get?" Letting out a huff of laughter, he shrugged. "I'd much rather hear about your talents."
begin at the beginning
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha cast his a wry side wards glance as she threw back her shot, his toast in response to her own putting an amuse smirk to her lips. She watched him drink his own glass, his cheeks burning redder than her did, immediately reaching for the water. A funny wet blanket, a wet blanket who she surprisingly enjoyed.

He returned to her from his duties when she asked about his powers, he confirmed his telekinesis and water powers. She was interested, really; it seemed everyone she met had different abilities and she wanted to hear about it all. She would've answered that yes, she'd love to hear about his other arcane aptitudes, but he coaxed her from it with the allure of talking about her own powers. Oh how Aisha loved to flaunt her birthright, the leopard's skin and the fox's leather wings.

She grinned, placing her chin in her palm, elbows still resting on the bar. Her eyes turned to the yellow ringed slits of the cat, her canine teeth becoming wicked fangs. Black claws where her finger nails were, framing her face like thorns. "I have a few," she replied with a smirk.
AISHA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Aisha watched Loren sip water, which he didn't really react to. However, he waved a hand at her own glass and it refilled. Pointing at it, he raised his eyebrows in a clear suggestion that she drink some water as well. Then a large man shoved into the space next to her, and the healer turned to deal with him.

The stranger slurred his words. Frowning, the Firebrand narrowed his eyes and shook his head. "No more for you tonight, friend. Here, have a glass of water." Ignoring the larger man's protests, Loren grabbed a glass and filled it. Then he turned his back to the stranger, returning to Aisha.

Lips twitching, the healer tilted his head to one side. His gaze tracked along her shifts, smile broadening as he did. "Only a few?" Leaning forward, he rested his elbows on the table. As he did, his own eyes flickered into a catlike hue as feathers rippled through his hair. "I think you're being modest," he accused with a grin.
begin at the beginning
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Before the ability show had begun, an incredibly drunken man flopped down beside Aisha on a bar stool. He was certainly brazen with his movements, forging a space far too wide from such a narrow fit, oozing over into her own personal bubble. Bar culture was amusing, "Hey bucko, scoochie," she barked, not sparing any niceties as she swept him to the next seat over with a quick gesture.

Loren dealt with him from there, denying him any further drinks as he slurred his speech and waved his hands. She snickered, waiting for the attention to return to her, and then the talk of magic and powers began. He seemed intrigued with the partial shifts she shared, leaning forward to engage. His own eyes changed, feathers parting the light browns of his hair. She grinned now, "So are you, not a wet blanket at all."

She leaned back again, letting her shifts return to their human counterparts before crossing her arms and looking at him, "So you're a hybrid?" she asked though the answer was clear. She knew three others of his kind, attuned and abandoned in one frame. All that she'd met had ended up very good friends. Thus far, he wasn't making to be an exception.
AISHA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
The large man made the mistake of spilling over into Aisha's personal space. When she swiftly corrected him, he glared at her, before seeking out Loren's gaze. The healer just grinned and shook his head. "You heard the lady. Skedaddle." Grumbling, the stranger did just that.

Letting out a huff of laughter, the bartender shook his head at her assessment. "Oh no, I am." Leaning forward, he dropped his voice to a feigned whisper. "But if I act like one here my boss will have my head. Once my shift is over, though? All bets are off."

Nodding, he filled another set of orders. When he returned to her, he had more glasses to wash and dry, which he busy himself with as they spoke. "Guilty." Glancing up, he tilted his head to one side. "What shifts do you have?" He took a sip from his water before returning to his cleaning.
begin at the beginning