there's no place like it
Nate and Sunjata!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
Vai has left a note at the Slagveld for the Wrenzaoks, ready for their return from a honeymoon well spent, if their plans were anything to go by. The note invites them to meet her along the cliffs at dawn, and details a specific route that ought to be taken in order for them to reach the spot she's indicated. And if and when they get there, the reasoning will be clear - a lot has been happening in the time since they've been away.

The house is perfectly hidden, nestled in the cliffs, though the bright banner welcoming them home and the fragrant beginnings of a herb garden outside belie what Sunjata and Nate might make of it in their own time. Vai waits for them before the front doors (yes, plural), jangling keys to beckon them closer with a bright grin on her face. "Welcome home," she announces.
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// now take what i offer, straight up the nose down the throat, it's a bearable bruise on your conscious
but don't it feel good? don't you feel calmer? i am the way and the life in the best looking truth //
There’s a bit of surprise that crosses his face when the note arrives, part of him uncertain at first the truth of the note or if it’s the shadows that have been hanging around lately. But he recognizes Vai’s handwriting, deflates a bit on his suspense and mood, and wonders what could be the reason for her dragging them out and up to the cliffs at dawn.

Nate’s at his side, his pillar as his moods shift ever since he’d come back to Torchline, worsened as the weeks drag on. But he clings to his husband, a hand in his, squeezing tight as he spots Vai and offers her a smile in greeting. “A bit early don’t you think?” He asks, squinting at Nate despite the sun not quite entirely having risen yet, that perfect midpoint of being able to see while Nate was still safe. And if he’s a bit hungover, he tries to hide it well as they follow her direction along the cliffs, their edges growing slowly more familiar until they aren’t, and there’s a building in its place, and Vai looking particularly proud in front of it.

Steel eyes scan over a banner, a welcome home with whales and lava octopi and a French door sort of appearance that she jangles the keys for, the scent of the gardens quickly beginning to fill his nose. “...Gods.” He half whispers in surprise and amazement, the quirk of a smile curling up his lip. His attention flickers to Vai then, stepping closer to her. “You didn’t. Vai...” He half laughs, half chokes on the realization, not sure what they had done to deserve such an incredible gift.
i am the driver, i am the shadow, and i am the hearse
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
- NATE -
Silence is golden, and you've got my hopes up
We talk too much
Note or not, Nate is spending every moment he possibly can glued to Sunata's side, worry and tightly coiled tension keeping him tight, focused. Something has to give, and Nate can only hope it's the other man before him. At least then they stand a chance of weathering whatever's coming, but if both of them are shattering, it's all in the air.

The path they're following is familiar after a breath, though the connection doesn't really make itself known right away, Nate far too focused on the pressure of Sunjata's hand in his. "It's not that early." He teases back gently, humour coming surprisingly easily, especially right now. Vai comes into view, her greeting met with a smile, mismatched eyes sliding from the with to the banner, the walls.

Nate doesn't really realize what he's looking at, not at first. It's not exactly what he'd imagined, but the shapes all make sense after a moment, and his jaw drops. "How did you..?" In a rare display of pure emotion, the ascended steps forward, dragging Sunjata along with him until he has to break their hands apart to wrap Vai up in a tight hug, lifting her off the ground easily. If there are tears in his eyes, then this is a better position to hide them in.
No hesitation, what are we waiting for?
We talk too much
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"Oh yes I did." Vai beams at them both, and she's still grinning over Nate's shoulder at Sunjata when the Ascended hugs her tightly enough to pull her off the ground. Her arms wrap around him in return, holding him close enough that he can hide whatever he's going through. "It wasn't just me - I had help," she explains. "Much as I'd love to take all the credit. Turns out Torchline really likes having a dragon look out for it. So enjoy, both of you."

Giving Nate a small nudge and holding out the keys for Sunjata to take them, she presses a motherly kiss to the Ascended's hair. "If you put me down, I'll show you around," she tells him, gentle laughter threading through her words. "It isn't furnished, and it still needs work. But it's a start. I hope you like it."
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
// now take what i offer, straight up the nose down the throat, it's a bearable bruise on your conscious
but don't it feel good? don't you feel calmer? i am the way and the life in the best looking truth //
Sunjata’s dragged along, pulled from his stock-stillness at the sight of the house, of the building they’d planned to make once things evened out. But as Nate drops his hand to wrap Vai into a hug, Sunjata steps forward, still unable to fully pull his gaze away from the walls of the home, from the doors that sit right behind her, from the beauty of it all. “News to me.” He half murmurs with a laugh, moving to grab the keys from Vai before Nate sets her down and he can’t help but to give Vai a glassy smile. “This is incredible. Really.” He can’t quite get over it yet, nothing at all sinking in.

But he moves forward, unlocking the door and pulling the doors wide open – pocketing the key before stepping in – bewildered and shocked as he peers at all the details, the dragon mosaic within the doors, the wide expanse and arched hallways. He still can’t figure out what they’d done to deserve it, a feeling of owing Vervain and Torchline far greater now than before. “Where first?” He asks, hanging back and waiting for Nate so that he might wrap his arm around his husband, waiting for Vai to show them a round.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
We talk too much
Though he might not know why exactly Vai is able to tap straight to the core of him, some part of Nate is grateful for it. Just as he's grateful for the fact that she lets him take as long as he needs, arms wrapped tightly around her. The slight pressure of the kiss in his hair has him pausing right as he's about to set her down again, his arms tightening once more instead, though he can't hold on forever.

"It's a hell of a lot more than a start." Nate says thickly, swallowing down emotion as he releases the witch and rolls his shoulders back, mismatched eyes a little glassy. "I can't wait to see it." Really he can't, the ascended all but stepping on his husband's heels in his haste to see inside. There's no breath to be stolen by what he sees, but that doesn't mean Nate isn't awed immediately by the level of care, of detail put in. He presses easily against Sunjata's side, leaning into the arm around him and turning his gaze to Vai, wanting to follow along in the order she decided to show them.
We talk too much
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"Well, a start or a middle - it's something for you to use as a springboard," Vai muses to them, giving Nate a gentle squeeze in her embrace before he's putting her down and she's leading them inside. Letting the newlyweds wrap about each other, the witch introduces them first through the entrance way, pointing out the divide between work and home and choosing to keep to the more domestic side of the house. "It's up to you what you want to do with your offices, Governor," she teases, grinning back at Sunjata.

From the entrance, she leads them through the warren-like structure of the house; snugs and study rooms, airy lounge areas and a large and lofty space that would make a fine kitchen. A stone staircase has been carved into the rock just beyond the kitchen space, Vai leading them up to further rooms. Any one of them would make a fine bedroom, and the witch has been careful not to designate any in particular. "Hopefully," she says slowly, "you should get a great view of the Arclight, regardless of which window you're looking out."
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata does have air in his lungs, air of which pauses in his surprise and awe as he glances around – easily settling in beside Nate with his arm wrapped around his husband, head tilting over toward the spaces where the offices would go. His gaze turns back to Vai with a crooked grin, a slow dip of his nod. “Offices, alright.” He agrees with a quiet huff, moving and taking Nate with him practically glued at the hip as he goes to follow Vai’s lead.

Each room is stunning, the bedrooms more so – but there’s one with its own little bathroom and a beautiful space for a bath that has Sunjata edging more toward it. He shoots a grin to Nate, a squeeze to the Ascended’s shoulder. “I want this one.” Because it’s clear to him Vai hasn’t designated any of the rooms to be anything just yet and with this opportunity? Well. He’ll pick the one he wants the most and hopes that Nate agrees.

But he peers out the windows from the top, looking through the glass to see the waves lap against one another in the distance – the sound deafened from this high up. “It’s so beautiful, Vai. Thank you again. Really.” He manages, swallowing hard again as his throat tightens.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
We talk too much
Offices hold only a passing interest to Nate, more amazement that Vai had gone to such lengths than anything else. There’s a half formed thought pushed towards Sunjata, a memory of a desk utterly ruined by claws, before they’re moving on, through the fae cozier and more private home part of the house. It’s beautiful, and more perfect than he’d ever let himself imagine, wide unblinking eyes swivelling to take in everything.

They move through the rooms quickly, coming upon one in particular that draws his attention. ”I guess I won’t need to borrow a kitchen after all.” A warm rumbling laugh leaves Nate as he looks around at what will be a kitchen, set up exactly how he wants. They don’t linger long, heading to a staircase in the stone and once again Nate has to just marvel at the work that’s gone into this, work he doesn’t thin he’ll ever be able to pay back.

The bedrooms are just as spectacular, and Nate immediately agrees with Sunjata’s claim. It’s their home, obviously they’re getting the best room. ”Its perfect.” Nate agrees, his voice a rush to keep it from sticking in his throat again. Hiding his emotions gracefully is a one time trick, something he won’t be able to manage again. ”You really didn’t have to do this.”
We talk too much
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"No, you certainly won't. And I personally can't wait to see what you do with your new kitchen," Vai says with a cheeky wink. She's tried Nate's food, and make no mistake about it - she's just as keen to try it again. They take pause in the couple's chosen bedroom, though, the witch smiling broadly and nodding, seeming secretly pleased that they've decided on this one. Was it her favourite as well? Why, she couldn't possibly say.

Glancing back between them, Vai waves off their combined bashfulness and gratitude, ushering them back out of the room so they can be good hosts and lead her back out of the door. (Of course she isn't going to intrude on them for long, imagining that they'll want to explore and, er, christen the place for the first time).

"I wanted to do this," she says. "You two have had a rough few seasons. Let yourselves relax for a bit, okay? And let me know, if and when you need a hand to bring your things up from the Slagveld."
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Despite Nate’s attempts to keep his voice from getting stuck in his throat, Sunjata can tell – and it’s an arm wrapped around the Ascended that squeezes gently, that offers calming boons toward the other man with all the love and opportunity in what they could make this home into. There’s a low hum of agreement that has Sunjata agreeing with Nate toward Vai, only moving when the witch seems adamant about having them guide her out.

It was still a better gift than he could have ever imagined, already trying to figure out what he could do to make this up to her. But he releases Nate, snatching the Ascended’s hand instead, to follow and guide Vai toward the doors of their home, the key safely tucked into the Attuned’s pocket. “We will.” He assures Vai with a softer smile, one that’s edged more toward boyish in nature before reaching the doors and thanking her a million times before the witch departs.

And when she does and Sunjata’s locked the door behind her, back against the door as he lets out a breath he hasn’t realized he’s been holding, before wrapping himself up in Nate to go and drag the Ascended with him to explore all the rooms and details the witch and her crew had put into their home.

- FIN <3333 THANK U
SUNJATA