you've only gone and done it
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
even my darkness shines for you
They come for Doctor Hart with muddy boots thundering on the flagstones. Not the Dark Star, no, but other dragoons from the Nest. They burst into the medical clinic shouting over one another, until one of them finally gets breath enough to clamour over the rest, calling for the good doctor's attention. The demigod has gotten into some trouble, they tell her, and requires urgent assistance. The medics at the Dragon's Nest aren't equipped to deal with whatever the fuck Ronin has done - and Tobi won't figure that out until she gets to the city gates.

The Star, in fact, seems perfectly fine - if impaled is fine. Whatever training or sparring Ronin had taken upon himself that evening, it has ended with a spear straight through the shoulder. The truth is that he might not be entirely sober, and the only one worth fighting is himself, and that... doesn't end well. Evidently. So Ronin is pinned against one of the wooden training structures by a spear thrown by his projection. He's bleeding profusely and it hurts like a bitch but honestly, what else is there to do but laugh?
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
it does not bother me to say this isn't love
Well, he had said he was accident-prone. You didn't take that to be so immediately proven, nor did you think it meant you were going to be ferreted away to the barracks just as you were sitting down for dinner. But duty calls and honestly, you're quite happy to answer. Racing ahead of the guards on four legs, you bark loudly to announce your presence as you enter into the vast training arena. Not much surprises you, but even you hadn't been anticipating being called out to deal with a skewered soldier.

Shifting back into a body capable of standing upright, you cross your arms and fix the Star with an amused stare. "Just a second.." You mumble. No, you aren't waiting for the dragoons you left in your dust to arrive with your medical bag. "..there are so many good jokes to be made about this. I want to pick the right one."
October
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The bark draws the attention of more than just the soldiers, and an answering screech by an angry little dragon makes Sugar's presence known. She swoops down, wings flaring, claws extended, right until the canine becomes a doctor once more. And it's a clumsy thing, for her to wrap herself around Tobi instead of biting out her throat, but she manages it. And everyone's giggling now, Ronin included, though it's hard to do with the taste of blood in his mouth.

"I've been makin' up ones about skewers," he slurs to her, though it's not clear whether it's the booze or the blood loss that contibutes to it. "What's your best one? Is about pin cushions? Or bein' the... the star on top of a tree? Only this isn't a tree, so..." Ronin would shrug, but... spear in the shoulder. "How're you doin', doc?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
As a berner you might be able to hold your own against a dragon just long enough to shift your throat and cry her off. Luckily it doesn't come to that, and with a laugh you welcome her awkward landing, cradling her in your arms until she drapes herself more comfortably around your shoulders.

Well, he isn't in shock, you can tell that much. Dehydrated probably, though whether that's from the booze you assume he's ingested or from standing out here, you don't know. "Well, we could go down the predictable path of If you wanted to rammed like that, you should have gone to Molly's, but I think there's a better joke about whoever did this to you finally sticking it to you. Get it?" You grin brightly.

"Oh, I'm alright. A bit grumpy perhaps because I was called away from my dinner—" You pause, glancing awkwardly at Sugar for backup, assuming a dragon would feel the same annoyance at being pulled away from food as you do. "—but better than you, I expect." Stepping closer, you pull away bits of Ronin's training garb to better see the wound, tutting under your breath.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Sugar does indeed agree with October, especially given that they have both missed their dinner thanks to Ronin's idiocy. And she had to be the one to snap at the heels of soldiers to get them to come and find the stupid Star in the first place. All things considered though, Ronin's having a great time, even if his laughter at her jokes cuts off into a choked sort of coughing. "I did this to me," he informs her. "I'm very good at it, apparently. Throwin' spears, I mean. Then I've always been good at gettin' to the heart of the matter." He winks exaggeratedly, hoping she'll get that joke.

The training garb consists of a pretty hefty weighted vest and little else, but even that seems to have provided some protection at least. The spear has punched right through it and into Ronin's right shoulder (and then out the back of him and into the wood), and it's likely the only thing keeping him standing.

"If I ever get a statue made of me, can it be this?" he wonders with a lopsided smile. "I reckon you can just yank it out. I'll be a'right."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You raise a brow at that, and then remember the little trick he pulled in your exam room when he duplicated himself. "Oh I see. They weren't kidding when they said you were something." Though by the smirk on your lips and the playful glint in your eyes, you aren't meaning that as a compliment just now.

Giving Ronin a completely flabbergasted stare, you lips parting slightly, you are utterly at a loss for words for a beat or two. "Ronin, I think you just might have a concussion." You say in a dramatic voice. "Because I'm sure you'd not suggest having a statue of yourself made in your right mind." Little do you know, he probably would.

"Oh I can just yank it out, can I? Well if that's all you need, why not just have your duplicate do it?" He doesn't seem like he's in much pain so you don't feel too bad about prolonging this just a few seconds more. "Unless it's because you know what a bad idea that would be." Smirking, you look over your shoulder as the dragoons catch up, bringing you your bag. "I can see why the other-you did this. The mouth on you." You add, rolling your eyes.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I'm somethin'," Ronin agrees without making much sense at all, and truth be told, Tobi is starting to fog at the edges of his vision. He'll be fine, though. Blood loss, concussion, exploding - the Star has done it all and walked out the other side. Never quite so drunk, though. Sugar trills at the doctor, and it's a mixture of a scolding for Ronin and concern about the situation, the pale reptile nuzzling her snout into Tobi's hair.

"Why not?" he asks about the statue, shifting and wincing just a bit as it tugs on the spear. "I think I'd make a really good statue. Lookit me right now." Scoffing and waving a bloody hand at her, he's the picture of not bothered. But then with a pain threshold high enough to be practically worrisome, is anyone surprised?

He gives a weak cheer as the dragoons arrive, the one who had spoken to Tobi originally handing her the medical bag and shouting for the others to disperse to give the doctor room to work. "We'll get ye anything ye need, doctor," he tells her in a gruff voice. "You think our medical bay will do?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Goosebumps descend down your neck as Sugar nuzzles in, her reptilian snout pleasing but extremely cold. Grinning, your cheek shifting so that you can cuddle Sugar back, you hurrmph under your breath. "Right now you're making a terrible statue, what with all this talking." You point out. "And you're moving more than you think." Your eyes lower to where blood is still steadily shuffling down Ronin's training leathers from his wounds.

'Oh I'm not sure. It's pretty serious." You say gravely to the dragoon who has asked you about the medical bay. "I'm not sure he'd make it. I think I'll have to operate here. Best give us plenty of space." Your tone is serious, but as you turn back to Ronin there's a twinkle in your eye. He already told you that he can...splash? himself into healing. And even if you misheard that part, he's right that things aren't as bad as they look.

"But if anyone has anything they'd like to say before we begin..." You mumur to the group of dragoons, shifting awkwardly behind you, clearly unsure who they're meant to be taking direction from.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
The dragoons are all standing around like they're waiting for October to conduct his last rites or something, and it has Ronin snickering to himself through a mouthful of blood. "For cryin' out loud, jus' go," he tells them with another half-hearted flap of his hand. He'd very likely have a twinkle in his eye too, if he was able, but as it is he has to just rely on Sugar's croon of affection towards the doctor.

It's with a great amount of trepidation and reluctance that the soldiers back off, leaving only the one who had spoken to her initially. "We'll make sure somewhere's prepared for his recovery," he says, unsure whether that recovery will actually happen or not. Or who he's supposed to tell about it. Does a resident demigod go higher than the dragoon rankings? Thoughts for another time.

Once they're alone, Ronin offers her a sunny smile. "You just wanna take my clothes off again," he accuses, a hand finding the shaft of the spear. He looks as though he wants to give it a half-hearted pull, but the thing is stuck fast. "What if," he suggests, "we both tug on my shaft, and then... then..." Nah, the joke is too much. He's giggling again.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"You took your own clothes off last time." You point out dryly. "Is he always like this?" You ask of Sugar, before reaching out to swat his hand away from the end of the spear. "But from what I remember, both of our hands wouldn't fit." The truth or lackthereof of your statement hardly matters. If this blue-eyed meat-slab of a man thinks you'll come undone with a few poorly made penis jokes, he's got another thing coming.

You love anatomy, remember? Just not in the way he thinks.

"Alright tough guy." You snark, reaching into your bag and grabbing what...just looks like a saw. And honestly, that's basically what it is; disinfecting the blade doesn't make it any less of what it is. "This isn't going to be the most pleasant thing you've felt today." You warn with a saccharine smile. Placing one hand over where the shaft comes out of Ronin's shoulder, you reach around behind him to begin sawing off the wood just before the speartip that's embedded in the wall. You're leaning into Ronin as much as you can to keep his body from moving, but you can't keep him as still as you'd like.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Sugar makes a soft crooning noise that can very well be interpreted as yep, and even the reptile is unsure whether or not Ronin is better or worse when he's sober. Either way, sober is definitely not the case right now. "Well no, obviously not. Both of yours would fit though." He looks like he's really trying to look hard at her hands as she approaches, and that's super duper difficult when they keep blurring and moving around. Eventually Sugar snaps her teeth near his ear (an effort made easier with how close Tobi is to him all of a sudden), and it focuses him enough to quit wiggling around.

She'll smell the whiskey on him at this proximity, around the blood, and Ronin oOoOos at the sight of the saw - right until she's using it to hack away the spearhead jutting out of his shoulder blade. "If you wanted to get close to me you didn't have to wait until I stabbed myse-- ah!" The thoroughly unpleasant vibrations of pain and jostling of his wound do a lot to shut him up - and it's got to be serious if Ronin isn't running his mouth any more.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
'Well I've heard there is a nasty rash going around the barracks. Maybe if you catch it, you'll find out." You chirp helpfully.

But then the real work begins, and predictably Ronin makes a comment about how close you are. To emphasize his point, you step on his foot with your heel. Hopefully it distracts him from the warbling vibrations your saw is likely causing to flutter unhappily through his shoulder. Eventually you saw through, and instinctively you drop the tool in favour of reaching your arm around the Star's shoulder to help steady him. 'If you're going to have trouble staying up, it might be easy to just sit down." You chuckle under your breath, the whiskey-sweet smell of him and his over the top antics having already rubbed off on you.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Who says I haven't already caught it?" Ronin inquires with the sly tone of voice that suggests the quip is supposed to be flirtatious, but it's utterly ruined by the content. "Ow!" he says, indignant and sore as well as impaled when his doctor decides to step on his foot, but he at least falls quiet to let her work after that. And suddenly freedom jostles him to half slouch on the ground even before Tobi has mentioned it, the Star bracing against her helpful arm.

Sit down, she suggests, and y'know, it's a mighty fine idea. "I reckon I'll do just that," he informs her, already sliding down the wooden construct to sit in the dirt, leaving blood predictably everywhere. It's on the wood behind him, all over his clothes, his boots, the floor, Tobi. "Hey, at least I brightened the place up!" He grins at her, his head tilting to bonk back against the support. "It's gonna be dark soon," he remarks. "The stars'll come out. Do you like stars, Tobi?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"My, my. Busy boy to have been jousting with more than just yourself. Maybe I should have gone with the Molly joke." You roll your eyes at this missed opportunity.

'Oopp, right now. Alright." You groan as he lowers himself down, partially dragging you with him. Your knees hit the dirt as you twist your neck to try and remove yourself from under his arm. That you're speckled and blotched with his blood isn't a bother at all; you're wearing scrubs and this is a fairly standard state of things for you. Still, you glare at him. "Alright Picasso. Well done." Reaching for a pair of scissors, far sharper than normal, you give Ronin a warning look that says stay still or else, as you begin to cut through the thick leather he's wearing.

'That is how time works, yes.' You agree as you work, before smiling to yourself. "I do. I don't get to enjoy them all that much, what with being on the bottom floor of the Tower." You shrug softly, though your hands dexterously continue their work. Eventually you've relieved Ronin of the fabric covering his shoulder and upper ribs, refusing his offers of just removing the rest of his clothes along the way.

"Do you? Being a Star and all?"
October