you've only gone and done it
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
even my darkness shines for you
"...Yeah I guess so." Ronin shrugs his shoulders, like he's not sure about it himself. The things he's capable of, the things he's even witnessed in himself, it seems like such a bizarre thing that a few glasses of whiskey can still poison his blood the same way as always. Or perhaps his tolerance is just high enough that he's not noticing, any more, that he's drinking a lot more than he ought to be able to stomach. Swaying a little, it's certainly a feat to remain balanced as October reaches for her bag, but then there's a lollipop in his hand and all is forgiven.

He's already popped it in his mouth (luckily taking off the wrapper) when the cloth is pressed against his wound, and fresh agony stings through him. "Ow," he complains around the lollipop, huffing out a sigh and resisting the urge to just curl up and sleep where he is. It'd be difficult, besides, with his doctor suggesting he explodes. "Mm... normally I heal up the old fashioned way," he mumbles, "...but I guess I should probably make sure I'm good to train tomorrow. If you stand back I'll get it over with."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
it does not bother me to say this isn't love
'Well if you ever want to test your limits, let me know. I'd be extremely interested to see what you can do.' Had anyone else said it, had your arms still been wrapped around Ronin, had this been said on the heels of one of his flirtatious quips, your offer might have sounded like you were offering him a line. But you couldn't be more genuine. You find this man fascinating for more than just his blue eyes and apparent painterly-talents. What you wouldn't give to get an outlander demigod in an exam room with full approval to test whatever you wanted.

Alright, so maybe there was no good way of saying any of that without it sounding sexual. So sue you.

"You're fine." You huff in a callous tone, though the sparkle of sympathy in your dark eyes suggests you're taking this as seriously as you can. 'I'm sure they'd give you a day off..' You offer, already warily eyeing him to gauge how serious he is about you standing back. "How...far?" There's an uneasiness in your voice. Magic here is rare and hated, and as a doctor, you're unhappy enough as it is to have one of your patients explode while under your watch, demigod or no.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
If Ronin had been in his right mind, he might have offered her a line in return for the very easy opening she leaves him; luckily he's far too busy trying to stay conscious and trying to summon the shreds of his energy to perform a supernova. But he does offer her a bit of a lopsided smile, shrugging his shoulders. "I mean, you did come out of here after hours," he remarks. "I'll see if I can stop by soon, on a quiet day. Do clinics have quiet days?" It's a question he instantly forgets about as the good doctor gets to her feet - already there's a fierce glow sparking up in the Star's chest.

Ronin taking a day off is about as likely as Tobi doing such a thing, and he takes a slow, deep breath. "Uhh... not that far? It won't hurt you, it's just... bright." Already the glow is growing, and he rubs at his bloody chest, like he's going to be able to calm it down "I'd close your eyes if I were you." There's only a few seconds, really, for Tobi to do just that, before the supernova lights up the training grounds with a burst of starlight. When it settles, and motes of stardust start to drift towards the ground, the Star looks a lot better for it. And if October has any cuts or bruises, they'll probably be gone too.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
No, the clinic did not have quiet days, and should you ever try and plan on one, no doubt that would prove to be the busiest. Like Ronin, your reply is doused by the light beaming out of him, and you can't quite help the ungraceful way you stumble backwards, nor the fear that is bright in your eyes. You aren't a soldier, you don't need to pretend you're tough.

Instinctively you shift as you drop to your knees, your canine eyes pressed firmly shut beneath your overly large paws. Tail curled between your hind legs, you can sense the flash of light and the strange lightness it produced not just in the air, but in your body as well. You have a habit of picking at your cuticles and part of your gum was a little swollen from where you'd poked at it trying to remove a popcorn kernel, but now all of that is suddenly gone.

As the light dims from your vision leaving only stars, both figuratively and literally it seems, you blink warm honeyed eyes at the man before you who suddenly looks right as rain. Offering him a tentative tail-wag, silently asking if he's done now, you're fully unaware that at present he shares at an attuned bond with you, so you don't bother to hide the rush of relief and curiosity you feel toward him.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin takes the first easy (and sober) breath in what feels like forever, the Star slouching back against the wooden supports to wait for the stars to clear from his eyes. "It's been a while since I did that," he mumbles, rubbing at his forehead and blinking across the way, where he finds a very fluffy version of Doctor Hart. And a small smile flickers over Ronin's face to feel the prod of curiosity and relief, the Star shrugging to her. I didn't know you cared, Doctor, he sends to her through the Attuned bond, rolling his shoulders experimentally and rising to his feet.

"I suppose this is what you meant back in your office." He can't recall exactly (he's slept and been drunk since), but he thinks he remembers a discussion about balls. It sounds about right, anyway. "Thank you, for coming out here." Turning, he winces at the mess he's made of this particular part of the training area. "I'll have to clean this up before I turn in for the evening. But first, I ought to be a gentleman and walk you back to the Tower, don't you think?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Well, of all the things you weren't expecting. ......huh? You think back, any eloquence you might have mustered utterly fallen by the wayside thanks to having just seen this man explode and also somehow heal you as well as himself. Shifting back into your regular skin, still hunkered down awkwardly on the ground in the strangest yoga pose, you offer the Star a cringy smile as you dust off your pants. "Yes. But now having seen you like this, I don't think my fetching skills are quite up to your rigorous training standards." You reply with a blush as you stand.

"Wrong on both accounts." He might be a mighty demigod, but he's still under your medical jurisdiction. "You are going straight to bed. Explosive healing and dismantled training grounds aside, you still look like hell. I'll make an exception if you want to shower first, but otherwise, you're doing nothing else strenuous today." You plant your hands on your hips in playful preparation for an argument, though you are quite serious.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Her confusion earns her a grin from Ronin, though it seems a lot less cheerful with all the blood on him. Night is rapidly approaching, which lends the luxere antlers that crown his head their tell-tale glow as he partially shifts rather than wasting words with an explanation. "Guilty as charged," he murmurs to her, the antlers melting away as quickly as they appeared. "Oh, please. If I were to play ball with you, it would not be part of my rigorous training." It's unlike Ronin to appear self-conscious, but that's certainly how he looks as he shrugs to her. "I'm hard on myself because it's the only way to feel like it's really training. I don't expect the same from anyone else."

From blushing and awkward to standing in a power pose and commanding him to bed, Ronin is undertsandably taken aback as Tobi speaks. He raises his hands as if to placate her, a surprised laugh rumbling from his chest. "Uh," he begins, unsure whether to keep the joke going, to demur or obey the command. Eventually he shrugs his shoulders. "Alright, well... I'll still drop by soon, okay? I owe you for coming out here."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"What..?" You mumble, frowning at the glowing antlers. Luxere aren't native to Stormbreak, and if there have ever been any in the Celestine, you've not been there to see them. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you glow even as a deer, or elk, or whatever you are." You try to sound cross but the way your lips twist into a helpless smirk utterly detracts from your tone.

"Well you made it sound as if training was all you did." You reply with a shrug, unsure if you're trying to invite him to take more breaks, or if you're inserting yourself into his schedule. Sobering slightly at that comment, you offer him a forced smile that's pulled away by a pulse of deep-seated sympathy. "Well, I suppose you know best." What else is there to say to a man as powerful as Ronin? Especially from someone like you, who is his match when it comes to constantly striving to work harder at your craft?

'Well, if you want to repay me, have the courtesy of impaling yourself on something mobile next time. That way the dragoons can bring you to me." You reply with a laugh as you pack your things up in your bag, fairly certain that as soon as you leave him, Ronin is going to clear up the training grounds anyway. It's what you would do, after all.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
That's exactly the Star's plan, and if the cursory glance he gives to the splintered wood, the bloodied supports and the rest of the work that needs doing isn't an indication, nothing will be. "Huh...? Luxere, thank you. I prefer the term Glowing Prince of the Greatwood. Or Most Excellent Stag," he informs her with another grin, rubbing at the back of his neck. The humour fades as talk turns more serious, Ronin taking a few careful steps back to examine the grounds.

"Well," he says, "I haven't really been given much direction here. And I used to be a training captain, so... until I've gotten myself back into a schedule, this seems as good as anything else." He should probably go and see Safrin at some point, but... well, it isn't that he doesn't want to. He just doesn't think he's ready.

"Noted," he informs her, absently finding the hole in his leathers where the spear punched through it. "Maybe I'll crush my arm or get my ear cut off. Switch things up a bit for you, y'know?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"From King to Prince. I'm not sure if I should curtsey or bow." Looking down at his hands, still bloody of course, you narrow your eyes. "Or is it a ring I kiss? Or a shoe, perhaps? An antler?"

You nod a touch at that, understanding well what it's like not to have direction. "That's a bit how things function here. Cian might be the leader of the Order, but it isn't as though he commands all of us individually. The best people are put into place to manage their side of things." Though you do your best to offer him a reassuring smile, you know that it won't really ever get much better than this. Ronin's time would be what he made of it, for better or worse.

"Honestly, I'd really appreciate that. Its been a while since I've reattached an ear though, so unless you want it on backward, maybe give me some time to study up." Zipping up your bag and tossing it in a practiced movement over your shoulder, you give the Star one last look.

"Anything else before you head off to bed?" No, you hadn't missed the way he's been looking around. You can practically see the wheels turning in his mind of what needs to be done around the grounds.
October
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"I'm quite partial to high fives and fist bumps, but I'll let you off tonight. I should probably wash my hands, and so should you." Ronin smirks at her, folding his arms across his chest and kicking the broken shaft of the spear with the toe of his boot. His nose wrinkles to hear of the thorough lack of direction in Stormbreak, and he lets out a low whistle. "From micro-management in the Storm Guard to this? I'll find balance, somewhere along the line. I'm sure of it." Probably. Maybe.

Glancing back at Tobi, he furrows his brow and considers it for a second. "I think I could pull off a backwards ear," he decides. "Though studying up can't hurt, right? Anyway, I think I'll be fine from here, Doctor Hart. Thanks again - I'll see you soon, hopefully with a mobile sort of injury." He doesn't bother to suggest that the next time they meet won't be due to an injury. It's simply not true.

And of course, as soon as she turns her back, Ronin will hop to cleaning up his mess. You can take the boy out of the army, and all that.

~FIN
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky