choking on the things I won't say
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Mature Content Warning 
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
It feels weird, to be walking up to the Governor's house. It reminds Jack of older times, of a big old townhouse up in Apopo, bleached by the sun. Now, of course, the mountain has blown off its head, and there's nothing but ash and rock where a government used to be. Out with the old, in with the new and all that. But the new has a few teething problems, and for once the captain isn't worried about business. No, it's the man himself he's come to see.

So he finds himself standing at the entrance of some ridiculous man cave, all pale stone and airy hallways and sea views, and Jack lets out a low whistle as he checks it all out. A moment later and Seven trots up at his heels, her meow sounding very similar to his whistle. Reaching out, he knocks at the door while still looking out over the cliffs. Alright, maybe the Flood has done alright for himself.
are the angels on their way?
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i'm nothing more than a page unwritten
on the pavement, blowing in the wind
He’s a bit of a mess, but he’s home and what else is there to do aside from that? He doesn’t expect the knock when it arrives, waking him from where he’a dozed off on the couch downstairs. So it isn’t long before he meanders to the door, shirtless and in a pair of shorts, steel eyes tired and hungover. He opens the door, immediately spotting Jack, and there’s a part of him that’s relieved with the sight of the Captain.

Ah, Jack. Hey. Come in.” Half stumbling over his words, he steps aside to let the man into the new home, half of it still not quite put together but the pieces were starting to fit. He nods to Seven as he goes to close the door behind the two, before stepping through the hall toward the seating area of the living space to guide them there. “What brings you by?
you win a lot, and you lose
just a little bit more than you gained in the end
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
"You look like shit and you smell like a bar." Jack remarks this without even looking at Sunjata, and whilst it might seem suspect, it's easily explained by Seven's presence. The cat prowls forward, winds herself around the Flood's legs with a small mew of greeting, before trotting in ahead of them all. She (naturally) makes herself at home in the living area, curling up right where Sunjata had previously been snoozing. Jack follows, though he settles himself on a window sill, pushing open a shutter to let the light in.

As for what beings him by, he directs a finger at Sunjata. You. If that wasn't obvious. "You ain't lookin' like the sort of dragon who swoops down and destroys Torchline's problems," he points out. "So I'm here to ask what the fuck you're doin'. What's... this?" He gestures to all of him.
i’m in the dirt
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It’s been a long night.” Or day, he can’t particularly tell what time it is right now, not even when Jack settles on a window sill and opens up a shutter. Light leaks in and Sunjata squints, before moving to a pitcher on the table with a glass beside it, pouring himself one that he downs quickly. He sinks into the couch beside Seven, reaching over to scratch behind her ears before his attention is brought back to Jack.

Is there anything that needs destroying right this second? I took care of the kid starting shit in Haulani. I’ve got Safrin’s help with protecting us this Flowerbirth.” They’re all defenses though, knowing deep down his troubles are that shitty flickering figure that keeps popping up at inopportune times, pair that with the fact Nate’s in the Climb for who knows how much longer.

He rubs at his neck, over nearly healed bruises now, as he considers. “This is called coping, in case you weren’t aware.” A brow is raised in Jack’s direction, until a sound of paws clacks along the floor as Haai arrives to inspect Jack.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
"Looks like it," Jack murmurs, leaning out of the window a bit so he can feel the sea breeze on his face - or perhaps he's looking for that flickering figure that has been plaguing the Flood. Not, of course, that the captain ought to know anything about it, beyond the ghostly spectre that he's been keeping tabs on (and turning up no results). "I know it might be difficult for you to believe, but I ain't here to needle you 'bout things that need destroyin'." he remarks.

Still gazing out of the window, Jack only glances back when Haai appears - Seven, of course, fluffs up like a coal ball of fuzz at the sight of the canine, prowling into Sunjata's lap and narrowing yellow eyes at the gryphon. The smuggler, on the other hand, reaches out to offer the back of his hand for a sniff. "An' what, pray tell, are you copin' with?" he wants to know. "I called off my surveillance from the Slagveld. No hide nor hair of anyone with your father's description has been lurkin' around Torchline."

He raises his eyebrows at the other man. "Or is this what you're reduced to, when your neck biter is away?"
i’m in the dirt
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A moment of pause is given after Jack states he’s not here to needle him about Torchline. “It is hard to believe.” He admits with a huff of air that could be either a laugh or a sigh. As Haai approaches and Seven fluffs up, he makes room for the feline in his lap, hands smoothing down puffed up fur as the griffin inspects Jack, sniffing his hand and peering at him with curious green eyes. “You’re fine. She’s harmless.” He murmurs to Seven, despite knowing fully well that Haai was anything but harmless.

His attention only lifts again when Jack asks what he’s coping with, all the numbers of things pouring over his thoughts before he shuts them away. “That. And that.” He says quietly, almost as if he’s ashamed of it, that he can’t cope with the thought of it being a vision and can’t cope without Nate here to make it easier, make it seem like it isn’t as big of a deal. And so he drinks and drinks and drinks to forget about it, to forget the way he’d lost time with the Climb illness, to forget the way he’d lost himself when the blight struck.

I’ve heard rumors that other people have been seeing things too. Is it Ludo, perhaps?” He asks, an underlying thread of hope that it isn’t him and him alone.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
"No she ain't," Jack says through a snort, though he does give Haai a chance to sniff at him, to make measure of him, before he sits up again. Seven, for her part, doesn't believe it either, though she does settle on Sunjata's lap a bit, leaning into the scritches. And Jack decides to make himself at home, since they're part of some kind of bleeding hearts club now, getting up and swiping the glass from Jata so he can pour himself a drink too.

Taking a decent swig from the glass, he strolls about the living area, admiring the stone work (inspecting it, more like, taking it all in). "Seems like the sort of thing the raggedy prick would do," he admits on the subject of visions, ghosts, that sort of thing. "Why, you still seein' spooky ol' dad?" Glancing over his shoulder, he raises an eyebrow. "Explains why you always look like crap, I guess. You considered other copin' mechanisms? Yoga, vegetables, that sort of bullshit?"
i’m in the dirt
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
As Jack mentions it, a puff of smoke is sent his direction as Haai’s tongue lolls out the side of her mouth, tail wagging a bit before she settles on the floor, wings tucked in tight and observing. Sunjata focuses on Seven’s settling, no complaints leaving him when Jack swipes the glass. Instead, Sunjata leans back in the couch a bit more, letting the edge of the cushion and the pillows become a backboard for him as he watches Jack inspect.

It’s a flicker most of the time, but the rare occasions like earlier when I saw him a bit more fully.” In short, yes. He tears his gaze away now to pull at a piece of loose fur from the blanket thrown along the couch. “Yoga?” This does spark a laugh from him, something rumbling and easy despite the heaviness of the topic. “No. I cope how I’ve always coped. Drinking. Smoking. Fighting. Fucking.” Not exactly the types of coping mechanisms that made one appear healthy and content.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Jack is hardly the type to talk about healthy and content coping mechanisms, and he snorts into the glass as he knocks back the rest of the drink. Setting the glass down, he clicks his tongue at Seven and the feline leaps down from Sunjata's lap, prowling away to inspect the rest of the house. "Bye," she tells the two of them. If she finds anything untoward, the captain will know about it, rest assured.

"Mm, I thought you'd be all about bendin' yourself into interestin' positions." He grins, on the move again already, back to the window to narrow his eyes outside. "If you don't mind my sayin' so, your copin' mechanisms are shit." Barking out a laugh, Jack turns to face Sunjata. "Nothin' wrong with 'em by any means, but it's only copin' if you actually look like it's workin'."

Looking Sunjata up and down - it is not working, evidently. "If it's just Ludo's shitfuckery, what's your problem? Ain't like a memory can hurt you. You're better'n that, Governor."
i’m in the dirt
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Seven leaps up and departs the room with a swift ‘bye’ that leaves Sunjata with a suddenly cold lap and the freedom to at least stretch his long legs now. So he does, pulling the blanket over haphazardly, leaning back and reaching into the drawer of the table for his smokes, pulling one out and the little lighter Libbs’  had made him what felt like ages ago. “Only sounds like fun when there’s something else involved.” He half mutters with the cigarette hanging from his lips as he goes to light it.

They look like they’re working when I’m doing them, obviously.” He challenges, gaze lifting back to Jack as he draws the smoke in, let’s it curl around his nose before exhaling a plume nice and slow. “I know.” He starts to say, but it isn’t exactly the fear of a shadowed ghostlike figure hurting him. It’s the memory of it to begin with. “It’s the memories that hurt, Jack.” He says a bit quieter, pulling at another loose thread, drawing from the cigarette to ward away the memories of being a young disappointment, one reminded to him by hand time and time again.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
"Somethin' else?" Jack snorts at the Flood, perched properly on the windowsill now, his busy fingers playing through the bright planter hanging on the outside of it. "I promise you can say sex in front of me, Governor. I ain't gonna blush, I'm a grown up." Propping a boot up on the sill, were it not for his attention to the conversation, it would appear, almost, like the captain is preoccupied with the ocean outside.

Truth is he just likes to watch it, barely getting a chance to see it from this vantage point. "Mm, obviously. Just the cold light of day that reminds you that you're a fuckin' mess," he agrees, and there's a second or two when maybe there's a connection building between them. Then Sunjata gets all gooey, and Jack ruins it by flinging dirt at him from the planter.

"No," he says, and it almost sounds like scolding. "You get a fuckin' grip - these islands ain't gonna stay afloat with you nursin' old wounds locked up in your lofty ass den. Cope better."
i’m in the dirt
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Oh, he rolls his eyes to Jack’s comment, leaning back more into the couch as the headache pounds away with the rush of nicotine powering through his system. “I suppose so.” He agrees quietly to the follow up comment once Jack’s perched himself on the windowsill, looking for all the world like he’s a bird. That is, until there’s dirt thrown at him. Literal dirt. And his gaze sharpens as he moves to stand to brush it off, a bit wobbly but determined none the less.

What the fuck, Jack?” He asks, brushing the dirt from his scarred skin, before he’s moving away from the couch to head to where Jack sits on the windowsill. “You’re one to talk. Seasons away at sea and yet me spending a day or two in my house makes it a Torchline problem because I’m not out there melding with the public?” He snaps, muscles feathering in his jaw. “Before Remi, how often did you even see the governor? I know I never did. And now you’re here throwing dirt around my house because I’m not... what? Out there? Fuck’s sakes.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
see me falling
yeah, down and lonely
Jack knows a power play when he sees one, and so he doesn't bother moving from his perch as Sunjata gets to his feet, as he approaches. It wouldn't make a difference anyway - even at his full height, he doesn't stand a chance at getting eye to eye with the Flood. So he merely looks up at him, dusting his hands off in the planter and tilting his head. "Weird that you can muster enough pep to give me a scoldin', but you can't govern." He raises his eyebrows, as if asking Jata if he's wrong.

But he does swing his legs down from the window sill, sitting before the other man, feet apart, expression quietly smug. "In the decade before you fuckin' showed up? I saw the old governor a fair bit," he drawls. "You been here five minutes compared to the place you're tryin' to run. Torchline's a fiery bitch, Governor - don't take your eye off her."

His expression melts into a bit more of a smile, then, and he has to ask. "So which copin' method is this?" Smoking, drinking, fighting or fucking?
i’m in the dirt
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Jack’s running full steam ahead into the edges of Sunjata that he always shows away from, the part of him he doesn’t like, the part he swallows down when the moment is right. But there’s nothing to keep him back as Jack continues, seems unbothered, throws what Sunjata takes as insults straight through him arrow after arrow. “How am I not governing?” He asks instead, narrowed steel waiting. “I have an entire wing of this house to govern from.” And enough windows to keep an eye on the lot of them.

But Jack continues and those barbs feel more and more sharp, edged and pushed through until Sunjata feels weary. “Ah yes. The Outlander spiel.” He huffs, moving to take another drag from the cigarette and leaves it there between his lips. “I can see everything I need to. Unless you know something I don’t.” He rumbles, knowing there’s a challenge in there that Jack would fight back with something he can’t defend. Not when he’s like this anyway.

So he moves, leans with his back against the edge of the wall, stares at the floor for a moment to calm the upset Jack had caused. He looks back up and spies the smile, before he looks back around his living room with an annoyed huff of smoke. “I’m in between smoking and wanting to kick your ass at present.” He glances back to Jack. “Don’t suppose that’d go well now would it?” ‘You tell me what stage were in.