Strange places, stranger people
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah was not happy. He was confused, in a foreign place, and in a foreign body. And for the love of Mune he was still cold even wearing the stranger's borrowed Parka. And did he mention that his magic was for reasons beyond his comprehension as weak as a pup's?

He trudged after Noah silently, a scowl on his face. The scowl melted away however as the Citadel came into view. A settlement, a humanoid settlement. Logically, he knew he needed to go there to survive in this world but Sah despised being in crowded places. However as the walked into town, his eyes widened with wonder. The buildings were unlike anything he'd ever seen, almost ethereal as they were encased in snow and ice. The diversity of people and animals walking past were also a new sight. Sah wondered how many of the creatures were actually shifters. When a group of dogs walked by, Sah watched wistfully as something in his chest ached. He missed his pack.

Sah  shook his head slightly to dismiss his melancholy. "Where are we going exactly?" He inquired, trying to distract himself.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Noah walked in silence as he led the stranger towards the Citadel. He moved with purpose across the Tundra, knowing that getting him to safety and warmth was of the utmost importance. Once they crossed the gates of the Citadel, Noah shifted back to his human form from his lynx form. He kept silent and waited for Sah to break it with any questions that the stranger might have. Finally, he did, and Noah stopped for a moment to answer.

"This is Halo." the hunter gestured to all of the Citadel. It's people, its animals, its buildings. "More specifically, this is the citadel. This is where all Halovian citizens reside. This is the only place of safety and warmth in the region. I suggest getting some warmer clothes to get you set up." He started walking again, this time towards the stretch of shops. From one brightly lit building one could see hundreds of garments and furs hanging around. Noah entered the shop.

He was greeted by a small, hardy woman with a high-pitched, excited voice. "NOAH! Oh dear, how are ya? You look healthy. What can I do for ya!?" she exclaimed, all but pinching the hunter's cheek. He smiled at her, broadly. "Found this newcomer on the mountain. He could use a Halo-worthy wardrobe."

will you hold the line
when every one of them has given up and given in
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah nodded, eying the unfamiliar place with clear distrust. As they entered the shop and got out of the wind's clutches, Sah felt his tense muscles relax slightly. The numerous furs made a shiver go down his spine. Especially at the more canine looking ones. Just as he was about to go off and demand answers, the small woman approached.

Slightly dumbfounded, Sah watched the interaction between the two humans with clear amusement, raising an eyebrow at their antics. It still surprised him that he could understand their language, but he was thankful for it. But what in the world was a wardrobe? Clearly it had something to do with fur and other things.

"What's a wardrobe?" He asked after a pause as no one had deemed it something necessary of an explanation thus far. His tone held clear displeasure and suspicion as he eyed the walls of fur.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

Noah and the woman turned towards Sah, the look of confusion mirrored in each of their faced. "Uh, clothes?" Noah responded, unsure really how else to explain what a wardrobe was. 'Damn Noah what are ya pickin up in the mountains these days? Damn kid doesn't even know what fuckin' clothes are.' the woman grumbled and laughed with disbelief. Nonetheless, she shuffled away.

Noah turned to Sah again, lowering his voice. "Did your people wear clothes where you come from?" The hunter asked, a little unsure. In Halo, nudism was not going to work out in this poor man's favor. The ice took no prisoners and frostbite held no mercy -- there wouldn't be saving anything precious without the protection that furs and leather and cloth offered.

will you hold the line
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah tugged on the collar of his shirt with clear distaste. He did not like having something that close to his neck. "Right. These things. My kind had no need for them. Though I recall the humanoids I've encountered in the past using them." Wearing the skin of another being to cover their own weaknesses. It disgusted Sah but he at least acknowledged the necessity of it for their survival.

Say paused, his brow furrowing. Now that he was warming up, his mind was functioning better. And things were not adding up at all.  "Where is Halo in relation to Lunaria? I've never heard of it before or even of a northern humanoid settlement. He asked curiously.

But then a horrible possibility was began to register and his eyes went from curious to horrified. Perhaps he hadn't just been turned human and transported to some faraway land that had miraculously survived the destruction he saw. Perhaps this was an alternative world or dimension entirely? Abandoned and Attuned did not exist in his world after all. And surely even a far away land would have heard of the disaster. Had his world truly ended? What world is this? Does the goddess Mune exist here?" He desperately asked the two questions that would explain the situation.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah was thankful they were alone in this shop, the two of them and the shopkeeper, because if there were any onlookers they would most definitely think that Sah was crazy. Within a few moments, the shopkeep returned with a pile of clothes and a thick coat made from ursur hide and wool. Here ya are, darlin. This'll all do fine for ya. She said as she handed Sah the clothes. The woman looked to Noah expectantly, and he leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. "You'll get some extra hare next week with your normal delivery." He promised her. She laughed and slapped at his chest some. She turned her head to walk away and shooed the two men away with a flick of her wrist.

"Halo is in Caido. I've never heard of Lunaria, nor the goddess you spoke of." Noah's eyes softened some as he looked on the man now. He was so lost. It was apparent, and Noah feared he was never going to get back to the place he was from. None of the others had, or could. It was almost pity that softened his features now. "You may be able to speak with one of our gods...but I called you abandoned for a reason. All magic users here, are, in every essence of the word."

will you hold the line
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah let out a shaky exhale, trying to get his bearings. It was no use. He sat down, incapable of keeping himself upright any longer.  Slumped up against one of the walls, shaking hands making their way to his head, as he took deep breaths, trying to keep calm. Sah doubted Noah understood the implications of what this revelation meant for him.

Eyes wide, voice cracking, Sah found himself spilling some of it, partially for his own benefit in processing, but also in the hope that somehow Noah could help. Flashes of the chaos and destruction that were his last glimpses of home overwhelmed him. "If that's true... then my world. It ended. Fuck, it actually ended. Why the hell was I sent here instead of dying with everything and everyone else? What the fuck is going on?" Sah's voice had grown soft at the end, too pained to speak louder. Grief, confusion, and fear were at war for control within his mind."I'm glad to be alive, but what even... how?"

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

While Noah did not understand the transition and devastation of moving worlds -- especially without choice -- he did understand devastation in it's general form. As Sah sunk down into the snow, Noah knelt next to him. He placed the clothes given to them next to the man. His features were soft and gentle at this point, the distance he had held the man at emotionally closed. "I'm sorry." He said, reaching out for Sah's shoulder. Should the man let him, he would offer a reassuring squeeze.

"You could try to convene with one of our gods here. They could offer you some insight, if they have it..." He trailed off for a second. He was sure that the gods could give him some comfort, but part of him wondered if they might tell him, rather, to embrace the life he had been given now. "Lean on that thankfulness. If you're alive now, in this world, there must be a reason why. You just have to find it."

will you hold the line
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah allowed Noah to place his hand on his shoulder. The touch was grounding and helped him calm slightly. His kind had been rather tactile by nature so he appreciated Noah's gesture. Sah let out another shaky breath, still trying to regain control of his emotions and raging mind. Listening to Noah's words, his brow furrowed in confusion. "Why would your gods answer someone who was loyal to another? My kind, myself included, served our goddess, Mune. Why would your gods want anything to do with me? Served was an understatement. Sah had known Mune personally, fought beside her in war even. His kind were her chosen beings, creatures she had created herself.

Sah shook his head, still trembling slightly but no as badly as before. "There has to be a reason. But how would I ever find it? Would your gods even tell me? Which one would I even ask?"" He was so lost. His kind were never meant to be alone. Never meant to be separated from their pack. Family was everything for them and without his, Sah could barely breathe.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah listened to Sah as he spoke. He kept his arm extended and his hand on his shoulder, continuing to let the action ground the outlander. His thoughts and worries all made sense, and there was no room for Noah to tell him otherwise. In truth, Noah wasn't sure their gods would even give him comfort -- it had merely been a suggestion, a thought of a man who was trying to live a life more in tune with the gods in general. "It is possible that they give you comfort, but I do also know that gods are jealous beings by nature. Maybe, if you stay devout to your homeworld goddess, visiting our gods is not the best option for you." Especially, Noah thought, as an abandoned. Perhaps the gods had already shown Sah their lack of favor for him. These thoughts, however, Noah kept to himself.

Noah sighed some, letting his hand finally fall from Sah's shoulder and rest on his knee as he crouched before the newcomer. "Maybe the right answer is deciding and finding and working your own purpose."

will you hold the line
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded stiffly. "Seems about right. I'll probably avoid your gods for now." He listened intently as Noah spoke about finding a purpose. "My purpose?" Sah shook his head sadly. "I guess I'll have to find my own here given that my original one has been ripped from me." He couldn't hide the slight bitterness in his tone. He had been happy in his home world. Happy with the purpose of ensuring the wellbeing of his pack. Logically, he knew he couldn't have that again even it he had remained, given the entire apocalypse thing. But the loss still stung.

Sah let out a long exhale, trying to regain his bearings. He was in a new world, a new body, and with a new life ahead of him. There'd be time to grieve but for now he had to focus. Sah stood up, determination filling him. "Thank you. So what comes next besides a 'wardrobe'?" Focus on adjusting now, grieve later. That was the plan.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

For a man going through such transition and grief, he seemed to be trusting Noah at his word. He thought that was probably best, rather than letting himself spiral down into an existential crisis. While the hunter knew this probably would not be the last of Sah's emotions towards this, at least for now he seemed ready to move on and get settled into his new world. "I can show you some houses that are currently unoccupied. Shelter, clothes, and food. We can get you some food on the way." Noah stood and gestured towards the clothes he had gotten for Sah. "Take those with."

The hunter turned then and moved through Snowcloak with ease. He stopped at a few booths and shops here and there and loaded Sah's arms with more things--a basket of fresh baked rolls, a few pounds of cured and dried meats, and a jug of fermented tea that would do him well. Noah sent for some firewood to be taken to the house they would eventually land in.

Finally, they arrived at the house. It was small and modest, but had been empty for quite some time. Noah entered through the door, and was welcomed with warmth. A fire had already been started in the hearth by the pair of teenage boys that Noah had set out to deliver firewood. Turning to Sah, he nodded. "You can call this yours now, if you like."

will you hold the line
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded. "A house? That's a den right?" He asked for clarification as he grabbed the clothes. Focusing on necessities would keep the panic and grief from rising again. Focus on the task at hand. Don't think about it.  Focus. He had to keep chanting it in the back of his mind as they walked through the city. It was honestly both an incredible and daunting sight to see. Sah had never been in a humanoid settlement for so long. It was a bit unnerving. There were so many people. So many sights and sounds.

Sah let out a shaky breath, calming himself to avoid being overstimulated. It helped that he had to focus on balancing the sheer pile of things that Noah was piling into his arms. As they entered the house, Sah eyed the inside carefully. It seemed cozy. But the entire situation was confusing. "This is mine? What...what do I owe you?" There was no way that all of this help, supplies, and now a home were for free. What benefit could there possibly be for Noah and Halo in general providing for him? Life was harsh enough in the cold. How could they just provide for every random being that appeared?

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah watched for Sah's reaction as he told the once-wolf that he could not own this home. "If you'd like it to be, it can be yours for as long as you'd like." It had been since Noah's childhood that anyone had occupied this house, and when they had it had just been a young man named Joseph. He had died of some disease, unknown to the healers here and untouchable by their magic. It had been sad and tragic, for he was so young, but Noah did not hold on to any of those emotions. He had been too young to know it as anything else but mere fact of life.

Noah shook his head and smiled broadly at Sah once more. "You don't owe me anything. This is my job here in Halo -- I am what's known as the Chief of Public Affairs. It means I help the people." He shrugged his shoulders a little, and with genuine eyes he looked at Sah again, "In truth, I'd do this for you even if it wasn't my job." The cold man that he had been on the mountain seemed to melt -- but the cold, quick words had only been spurred on by worry for his wellbeing.

Noah turned then and gestured towards the fireplace, roaring with the fire the boys had built. "That booth we stopped by and I sent the boys here to build this fire is constantly stocked. You can go there to get more wood for your fires as you run low -- but don't ever let yourself run out. They're good people there and won't let you freeze, but they never forget a debt. Eventually you will have to pay it back, but don't let the worry of not having anything to trade then and there stop you." He knelt down and pointed at the fire. "You don't ever want this to go out. Not here. Keep stoking it and stocking it -- do you know how to manage a fire?"

will you hold the line