stories bound in sheepskin
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
what will you do when the vultures come for you, run and hide?
Aisha's week had been very busy, she'd spent a lot of time letting friends and acquaintances know she was leaving, and packing her things. Other time was spent just enjoying her friend's company, training as usual and spending dinners around the table in the manor with her makeshift family. She'd miss them, but it seemed like they were all figuring out something of their own. Ollie had his blacksmith business, Anden and Dani were going to explore, hopefully safely.

And Aisha had her sword, a new home, and new job, and a lot of spirit.

Today she carried her good will with her through the settlement, going to trade in some clothes that wouldn't really be suited for the colder climate she was moving to. On the way she passed by a farm, a sheep farm, and paused. Who was that outside the door, doing general farmer tasks? A smile spread across her face, she pulled her pack full of clothes up higher and walked his way.

"Hey, eagle boy!" she called out, teeth bared in a cheeky grin.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Well, it was a busy day for Henry - as were all of his days, it seemed. Today, though, he had to repair a break in the fence. He stood by the barn door, sorting through a toolbox for the things he would need, noting how old and dingy the hammer was looking. Maybe it was time for a new one. He mulled over these things, lost in his thoughts about this and that and how maybe it was time for him to just move on because repairing fences felt like a monumentous waste of his own potential. He wished he would've gone to visit the manor today, to see if Aisha was still there, still up for a fight or a race. But somewhere else over the hills, watching over the sheep, his father was giving him the look - he could see it in his mind. So he kept doing his chores while whistling a tune.

"Eagle boy?" he echoed, distracted. He turned to look around for who that was. She sounded awfully... "Aisha!" It was an exclamation of relief at the sight of her cheerful grin and shining hair. He set down the wooden board he'd gathered up over his shoulder and placed the toolbox on it.

"Just the person I wanted to see today!" he said, an excitement in his tone but, he was careful not to give away why yet. He spread his arm out to give her a friendly hug, stepping forward to meet her partway. He stopped abruptly when he noticed all of the clothes slung from her shoulder. "What's all this for?" He frowned curiously, touching one of the fabrics with his toughened hand.
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Aisha's friendly greeting was met with an enthusiastic response, one that emboldened her and made her grin. Bittersweet, she'd miss seeing faces like his on an almost daily basis, though she was sure she'd make friends like this in Halo. She raised a brow at his excited comment, curious as to just why he'd hoped to see her but let it slide, pulling him into a sturdy hug, not sparing any strength on the squeeze.

She let go when he asked about the clothes she had in her straw bag, and with a mischeivious jump of her eyebrows she pulled it off her shoulders and placed it down, pulling out a light billowy shirt and holding it out, "You want it? I think you'd look nice in a tight shirt." She chuckled before stuffing it back in the bag, "I'm trading some of my warm weather clothes before I move to Halo."
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Henry's brows raised at her offer, and he chuckled, placing his hands on his hips. But his smile waned at her mention of going to Halo. Yes, he'd remembered. Of course he had, because Aisha had become such a fast and exciting friend - how could he forget that she was leaving? At least it was to pursue her lifelong purpose, though, and he was happy for her - that in spite of the odds stacked against her (what with being an Outlander), she'd still carved a place in Caido for herself. Henry knew he had, too, with the farm and everything - but somehow, he felt a longing tug at his heart.

"So you're really going, then," he said, a quiet thoughtfulness to his voice. But he forced a lighter expression back onto his face and turned to the barn, beckoning her with one hand. "Come on, I've got something for you..." His excitement for her reaction to it was replaced by the realization that she was leaving, and that this would likely be the last time he saw her - for a while. Perhaps he'd visit her sooner rather than later but, events seemed to be unfolding in the Grounds that made him think it better if he stayed.

He revealed these thoughts as he led her, "I'd come with you, if I could. I want to leave, honestly, and my parents have started to open up to that idea - as long as it's temporary," he paused to explain, "they want me to take over the farm soon. But the other day, I went to the temple with Wessex and the council. The Voice came to us, told us about what she'd been through with the Order. They're worried, Aisha, those people are trying to close in on the Ascended. I know I'm not one of them but, I want to help," Anger made his brows furrow and difficult questions which had no answer wrinkled the place between them. "We set up a protective perimeter to try to keep the Order out of the Grounds, though, so hopefully that will work... but I have my doubts. And I can't leave knowing that I might be able to help make this place safer. It is my home, after all..."

He knew she may not feel the same connection to the Grounds as him, since she wasn't born and raised there, didn't feel the history of the land running through her blood, but he still hoped she understood to some extent. That he wasn't a fool for making this decision, that sacrificing his own selfish desires for the greater good wasn't as bad as it felt. A sigh racked his body.
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
He replied as she tucked away her shirts, glancing back up and nodding. She really was, Aisha was going to make a home for herself in Halo. Hopefully get some sort of house or apartment of her own, start training with the Shields, feel like a part of something new. She was so excited, just thinking about her future there adding an extra beat to the cadence of her heart.

There were things she'd miss, people she'd miss.

She stood back up, swinging her pack back over she shoulders and following Henry, a grin breaking on to her face. She hadn't expected anything, but the idea of a parting gift was more than tempting. A special thing to remember him by, Aisha had been collecting memory trinkets since she'd arrived, from the people she liked the most.

As they walked he opened up some, Aisha's smile fading into an attentive contentment. She hadn't been very active in the goings on of the grounds lately, where she'd once been keen to every word and rumor. The mention of the Order took her smile completely, contemplation resting upon the furrow in her brow. She'd heard of the Order, that they were mysterious, nefarious; only if you're a night walker. She had no intention of aligning with anyone in this war, but she definitely didn't want anyone here to get hurt.

She let him continue, about the efforts they'd maintained and the borders they created. Aisha had once tried to help with borders, certainly Henry had seen how plans such as that played out here. How many walls had he built in his life only to watch the wicked things of this world tear them down? She nodded, solemnity in her gaze as she stared forwards. "I understand, I didn't know the Order was getting so close."

There was a bittersweet taste in her mouth, an almost disdain for her decision if only for a second. Hadn't she promised not to give up? Was it a cop out to leave here? Or was she just picking and choosing her battles? She brushed it away, swiping her tongue across her canines and sighing, "I'll only be a portal away Henry, promise me if anything really bad happens that you'll tell me. I'm always ready to break teeth for a friend." She wouldn't let him see the disappointment, the disappointment that things would never be as simple as she hoped. He could see only the confidence, the soft smile of someone who had it all figured out.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
Henry entered the barn, where the shadows fell across their silhouettes. But as their eyes would adjust to the dim lighting, they could see that some rays of sun came in through the gaps in the wood around them, for the barn was old and it could use some refurbishing. A window at the top helped shed the most light on the floor and all of the empty stalls, which had been swept clean earlier that day. Maybe once upon a time, these stalls had been used for keeping horses - but now, they served the purpose of being personal workshops. For a moment, the shuffle of their boots against the wooden floor was the only sound.

He stepped into one of the stalls, to which the door was already open, a quiet consideration in his eyes. For a moment, he paused, turning towards Aisha and blocking the view of what was inside of the stall.

"I didn't know it, either, until Wessex asked us to vote on what we should do about it. Maybe it's a precaution, maybe it's more than that but... I'm going to do what I can," he finally replied, his downward gaze lifting up to meet hers. The emotion in his eyes was uncharacteristically dark. To her request, he gave a curt nod, "I promise," and the promise was all that he extended for a few seconds. Then, "I'll send a messenger if I have to. You're one of the strongest people I know. If there's anyone I'd want to fight beside, it's you." He gave her a meaningful look and, with a roll of his shoulders, he let go of that burden - for now. Another day, another adventure, another threat. When those times came, because they were sure to, he would not be afraid to face any of it.

"I knew you were going to Halo, so I made you a little... parting gift," he said, moving out of the way and extending his arm out towards the station in the barn, "I know how cold it gets there."

A table, constructed and decorated with tools for making or repairing clothes, spread out before her. Placed carefully across it, was a suede coat of a pale, almost golden color - her color, ironically enough. The sleeves and the hems were covered in long, silvery-white shearling, which did cover the inside as well. It was soft to the touch and, since it had been cut long, the wool was straight rather than curled - it would not itch or irritate, and it would keep her warm. Yes, even in the dead of Deepfrost.

The coat was long enough that it billowed down from the edge of the table, just barely not touching the ground. She was welcome to try it on.
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
They entered the barn as Aisha replied, Henry turning and pausing at a stall to regard her. As they so often did, her hands came to rest on her hips, stance broad, present and confident. Though her expression was one of slight concern as she listened, then embellishing a smile as he complimented, that genuine heart felt thing he did. "Good, but I hope we won't have to," she answered with a nod.

And then back to lighter matters, to new beginnings and adventures, to bittersweet departures. Henry stepped out of the way revealing a table, strewn about the surface were tools, woolen leftovers, and a beautiful golden coat, a mixture of sheepskin and warm furs. Her mouth opened in a broad and immediate smile, quickly shooting a look to Henry before stepped forwards to touch the coat.

It was soft but tough, the color fit just right. "Henry this is amazing," she said, mouth still agape as she traced the sleeves. "Hold on lemme-" she cut herself off as she lifted the thing, swinging it around her shoulders and letting it envelope her in warmth. Better than anything she could trade for, this was a gift, made just for her. She admired it's make for a moment in silence, before looking back to her farmer.

"Well you've got to take that shirt now, how the hell am I supposed to top this?" she laughed, easing it back off and holding it tight.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
Henry couldn't help the slight curve of a smile as Aisha stood before him, all rugged confidence and hands on her hips. It remained on his lips, that smile, as she retrieved the coat he'd made her. He leaned back against the barn wall, crossing his arms as he watched for her reaction.

He paused to look at her as the coat draped around her. She would find that it fit her snugly, without being constrictive or loose. He'd made it specifically for her, so it was made to account for the inevitability of a few tussles in its future. Seeing it on her made his cheeks flush, how it emphasized her shoulders and brought out the shine in her hair. He'd made clothes for other people before but, something about this one made him very happy. After a few moments, she took it off and held it in her hands. He laughed at her joke about the shirt.

"I doubt that would fit me but, if you want me to try it on, I suppose I could," he winked, eyes on her face again. A little more seriously, he waved her off and added, "It's a gift, Aisha. The whole point is that you don't owe me anything."

He made a show of peering up at her, then, a dip of his chin and the raise of his eyebrows. "Although... I've been thinking about getting a sword lately. You know, a real one," he smirked, lifting his chin back up, "I'm gonna need someone to teach me how to use it properly sometime. I was thinking someone in the military. I've heard they're a tough bunch. They'll have to be strong. And smart. And, obviously, beautiful. A real swordswoman. You know anyone like that?"
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha did not fail to notice the blush at his cheeks, the smile; she liked the way it looked on him as much as he liked the coat on her. Her warm hazel eyes followed to moles and freckles on his face, his lips, then back to his eyes as he responded. A content smirk pulled at her lips, "I know. It's really amazing though, thank you Henry."

Oh but there was something she could do, not payment but a gift of her own. Offering lessons was what she loved to do, especially for friends. As soon as she realized what he was playing at she cocked her head, chin tilted up cheekily and giving him a thoughtful expression. Strong, smart, and obviously beautiful, she hmphed, "Well aren't you picky." She left the tease to linger while her hand came to rest on the hilt of her sword.

"Lucky for you, I think I know just the person." A full grin broke through her smirk, "It'll give you reason to travel, I know you said you wanted to explore sometime. You'd be welcome in Halo of course."
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
Henry's face flushed again at her sincere appreciation for the coat, his hand coming up to rub the back of his head as he looked away sheepishly (ha-ha, get it?). "Of course.." he finally smiled back at her warm gaze.

But the conversation moved along, towards how she could "repay" him. He pressed through the blush and the shyness - which was rare for him to feel. Not that Aisha would know that, because she made him feel all over the place ever since they'd met. Not that he'd ever tell her that but, eh... well, she  was smart, wasn't she? Henry figured she had plenty of her own admirers, and - anyway - he was just the underestimated farmboy with a crush. Regardless of that, though, the coat was a gift of friendship - and teaching him how to fight was what he wanted most from her at that moment in time. The rest could fall away, for now...

Not that that would stop him from flirting with her, though. Because what's the harm in that? She called him picky and he laughed, a heartfelt reaction.

"I can't wait to meet her," he winked, smiling, "I was planning on visiting, anyway. Swordfighting with you again will give me more motivation to make some time, regardless of whatever else is going on."

"You'll never quite be able to get rid of me, though," he teased, "you'll have to take me out to Torchline and feed me to the sharks first." Which, actually, was a real fear of his (spoiler alert).
HENRY
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Oh, but it was the underestimated ones she liked the most. She surely had admirers but how many as sweet and cute as Henry? If the woman was capable on romantic ventures beyond a sincere, 'I enjoy your company' she might be willing to try dating, but unfortunately relationships had never come quite easily. She wasn't one to settle down, or flatter (without it being sarcastic of course), all that mushy stuff was so mundane, icky.

But she could still love people, not like Romeo did Juliet, but like friends, family, and the third undecided party for special people.

"You're lucky to be able to fight her, I've heard it's a huge honor and whatnot," she practically purred back, a coy tease as always. His next comment did make her raise her brows, a smirk pressing her lips to pout. "And let the sharks have you? What a waste."

She would loved to stay longer, but there was much to do in preparation for her departure. The pack of old clothes wouldn't trade themselves unfortunately; briefly she remembered a time where someone would do chores like this for her. Sheesh, imagine that. "I'm so glad I stopped by Henry, I should probably get back to this but I'm serious about that girl teaching you, she'd love to." Aisha smiled his way, something sweet, something sincere.
AISHA
Henry Walker
Advisor

Change author:
Henry chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair, grinning. "I believe you," he rumbled, giving her a softer, more knowing look through his dark eyes, "and I'll be there. Later in the year, of course. I have things to attend to as well, but you know that..." he blinked, thoughts drifting back to tasks at hand and the explorer's guild. And, just as importantly, he had to prepare to make such a leave. Even if it was a short trip. There were a lot of strings that he pulled around the farm, and he'd have to make sure his brother knew what, when, how, and where while he was gone.

He returned his full attention to her, nodding with a softer expression. "I'm glad I got to see you again before you left. Be safe out there, Aisha." Because he would hate to find out that anything bad had happened to her in her absence. He knew she was strong but, he also knew she bottled things up inside, that sometimes she came undone and that strong veneer fell apart. He could only hope that someone was there to catch her when it did, if he could not be.

fin~
HENRY