Training I still don't want to be here
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah trudged along the streets of Halo, a scowl on his face. With a shiver he pulled his jacket tighter around him, a low growl escaping his throat. He loved the ice and snow, truly. It reminded him of home. But without his fur? Oh he loathed how cold he had been since he'd arrived. Shaking his head to dispel the ice from it, Sah continued wandering. He had no destination in mind actually, but his instincts demanded he familiarize himself with his new territory.  Turning a corner he bumped into someone with enough force to make him take a step back. "For fuck's sake." He all but growled out, mostly furious that his senses were so dulled now that he hadn't noticed the other person until he'd literally ran into them.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
Deimos had spent a majority of the morning repairing portions of the barracks roof. Some contortions had likely peeled away from changing of seasons, normal erosion, wear and tear over time, and some might’ve been attributed to other dominions, hazards, and treacheries. Peeling away shingles and snow, then laying down the other foundations with more formidable proportions from his creation magic, the General intended to take a break before hastening back up again.

Coming down the ladder, and meeting Zuriel down at the bottom, he’d only just thrown down a pile of shingles when another bombarded into his side. Being taller, broader, and far more substantial, he barely moved – save for the tilt of his head, the arch of his brow, and the formidable stature as he drew himself to full height, and peered at the individual who’d begun to growl out a series of curses. A rebuttal of sorts threatened to settle on his tongue, but the stranger seemed far more bristled, disgruntled, and out-of-sorts, and so he breathed, a sharp inhale, a low exhale, rather than pursuing down a lane of vehemence. “Are you all right?” Extended instead, because maybe the individual wasn’t, and Zuriel was around to do something.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah glanced up at the person he'd bumped into and quickly realized that he was completely dwarfed in size. Fabulous, if it came to a fight he'd have serious trouble. Oh how he missed his previous form. Before this, his shoulder would have almost come up to this man's head. And now Sah was having to look up to even meet the guy's eyes. It was another unwelcome change.

"Perfectly fine." Sah hissed out through gritted teeth that were mildly chattering. This body still hadn't yet adapted to the weather in Halo much to Sah's chagrin.  Sah knew he should apologize, and not instigate this stranger who could likely snap him in half. But he had been an alpha and that attitude and mentality would likely never fade. "Who in the seven hells are you anyway?" He asked, pulling his jacket tighter around him to try and stop his teeth from chattering. Sah vaguely wondered when he would finally get used to this new form, and if it were even possible to reach his previous level of power and strength.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The Sword was instantly reminded of snide, seditious individuals he’d been raised with, or encountered amidst battles, cataclysms, or simply in another meeting. Sometimes they’d been rebellious simply for the sake of it; intending to prove themselves with an upturned chin and audacious, emboldened antics, usually incapable of backing up the bravado with anything more than petulant remarks. Sometimes they’d had chips upon their shoulders from eons of entitlement, believing their souls worthy of some semblance of merit without accomplishing anything. He wasn’t certain where this stranger fell, if there was a newer, broader category of irritating specimens waiting to be unleashed. The thought alone would’ve made him grimace.

Instead of rising to the bait, his eyes narrowed, speculative as he tossed the remaining shingles to the pile of debris near the entrance, to be cleaned and disposed of later. His features rendered into utter nonchalance, reticence, and apathy, a clear scrutiny of the shivering fool, and snorting at the response extended, bristled. Perfectly fine, indeed. He could remain freezing in the elements, if he so chose; it didn’t bother the monolith any. With motions and movements displaying naught more than utter indifference, he began to linger near the ladder once more, intending to stride and avail upon it again, the break he’d craved no longer very satisfying. Over his shoulder, he announced his identity. “Deimos, General of Halo,” before scaling several rungs upwards, gaining access to another set of disassembled shingles, and peeling them away with deft strength and gloved hands. “And you are?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah watched the other warily as he continued working, still holding his jacket close against his body to conserve heat. When the word general processed, Sah felt a shiver go down his spine that had nothing to do with the cold. Fuck. Oops. "Ah."He said quietly, forcing his temper down. He really didn't need to make his situation worse by angering someone who was clearly of high rank in the city. Especially one of military ranking. Just as Sah had thought, this Deimos was a capable warrior who could likely kill Sah without any trouble at all.

Sah let out a deep heavy sigh, his face clearly showing his discomfort. "Um...sorry. Bit of a bad day. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm Sah." He introduced himself cautiously, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. The apology left an odd taste in his mouth, but it was a genuine one.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The title seemed to have some effect, even if his formidable figure hadn’t. There was a singular arch to his brow at the quiet murmur from the stranger, muffling another snort as he faced the roofing, continuing the painstaking process. It gave the individual time to process and figure out what they wanted to do, wanted to say, without invoking, inspiring, or instigating something from the General’s infernal qualities.

Then there was the heavy sigh, the indications of a bad day, and that the Sword hadn’t deserved the implications. While the latter was certainly true, Deimos shrugged it off, the nonverbal indifference and apathy already taking affect, concentration honing on a particularly tough shingle, ripping, pulling, tearing, until it was taken away from its adherence, thrown down with the others. From his vantage point along the ladder, his piercing eyes segmented, riveted, back to Sah, with a head tilt indicating curiosity, and visually feline in its measures. “What is your dilemma, Sah?” A casual rumble, as if these things happened often (and they did – the scale of rotten, wretched, horrendous hours had a definite scale, and sometimes they stumbled upon them simultaneously, in rapid, torturous upheavals). He’d had his own multitude of months and seasons drowning in the murk, striving to remain above the surface.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah was startled  when Deimos inquired into what had been bothering him. Slightly suspicious, he studied Deimos for a moment, trying to gauge his intentions. After a moment Sah was genuinely surprised to see that it had been a genuine inquiry. But did he dare dump his problems onto a high ranking official? He did. He really needed to vent to maintain his sanity.

"It's fucking cold." He started, throwing his hands up. Now that he'd started ranting, he couldn't stop."Which wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't stuck in this weakened body. But no, the world literally ends and I wake up in another world, in a form that seems incapable being useful. And then I find out the some people here can shapeshift and whatever blasted being out there that put me in this position didn't even have the courtesy to give me that?! All I get is some magic that's weaker then what I had as a pup?" Sah snarled, the stress of the past few days catching up to him and leaving him incapable of not going off. After a moment he realized what he had just done. His eyes widened as he snapped his jaw shut harshly enough to hurt.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The monolith listened, a talent he’d long since mustered from childhood, his head tilted to indicate the notion while the stranger’s semblances, thoughts, trials, and tribulations were listed. Lengthy, but understandable – because they’d all gone through the murk and muck of being plucked and pulled from their own worlds years before – when the Voice thought it best to strive for those who might appeal to her perspective. She had picked wrong in his case. “The cold can be solved.” He diligently dropped down from the ladder, indicating with a tilt of his head to follow him into the barracks – Zuriel tucking in close behind, fixing Sah with a series of impassive looks that said naught but a rudimentary judgement accompanied with an imperious snort.

Opening the door, he permitted Sah to step in, where the fire in the hearth raged, where there would be extra furs stored in closets – ready for soldiers embarking for patrols, missions, or mounted defenses. Zuriel quickly slipped over to the warmth of the blaze, her designated spot, while the Sword strolled over to a cabinet. “An Outlander.” He started, nodding to indicate Sah’s position in the world – same as many of them (though less now, and he fought off the thought for going much deeper). “We all started in much of the same way. Plucked out of our worlds. Weakened.” Attention remained focused on the food he retrieved, laying it out for the fellow Abandoned to peruse at his leisure, settling back on the table, leaning into a corner of its massive breadth, arms crossed, gaze unreadable again. “But over time, we regained powers, strength, or were allotted something new entirely.” Surprise after surprise, the limitations of Helovia stripped away – the Reaper manifested into more than just a being with condemnation in his soul. Not bothered by the youth’s anger, because it was a comprehensible thing, and he’d once felt the same, his head tilted. “What magic do you have?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah followed Deimos, eager to get out of the cold. He was cautious as he entered the barracks, still not fully convinced of how welcome he was.  However upon sitting by the fire, he relaxed marginally, the warmth soaking into his skin. ah was genuinely baffled when Deimos offered him food. Was this normal in Halo? To let strangers into ones own den and offer up their hard-earned provisions? Warily, Sah took a few crackers to busy himself with while he listened to Deimos. It was reassuring to hear that others had gone through similar tribulations and come out on top. Though Sah still had his doubts.

"You'll have to forgive me for being doubtful." Sah said with a grim smile as he rubbed his fingers against his coat, creating small sparks of static electricity that he then let run over his hand before dissipating. "This minuscule power is so far removed from the full storms that I used to conjure. Even when I was a pup, or an infant I guess, my magic was stronger than it is now." The frustration was clear in his voice. "How powerful can lighting magic even become here? And is flight magic, or flying even a thing here?" Sah truly hoped there was. He  wasn't sure if he'd ever be able to truly accept being grounded for the rest of his life.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The Sword extended provisions because it’d long since been instilled in him; the citizens here had provided their wares, their assistance, their abilities, when he hadn’t deserved it, and he’d do the same now. It was how they survived. It was how they fought off the elements, how they braved the world, day after day, evening after evening, taking care of their own. There was plenty of food, for he’d been the one that hunted it, and permitting someone to absorb heat and warmth was hardly noteworthy; and so he thought little of the circumstances surrounding the actions.

Deimos shrugged away Sah’s doubts and distrust; he’d learn in time, on his own, how the earth twisted and fragmented, how it gave and prospered, how it altered, changed, and warped. He noted the electricity though, the little sparks, the transgressions of something feral, not yet honed. New and vast. How Sah called himself pup made the General ponder if he’d been something like an Attuned before journeying here, and had simply had the notions, the semblances, stripped away – wild and bereft, sinking and swimming in the unknown immediately. “Lightning, like all magic here, can be Mastered.” Potent, powerful, all-encompassing; a blistering, unwinding, ferocious force. “If you are Attuned, you might be able to fly. I sought the abilities from our gods, and now I have both magic and shifting abilities.” So it wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities, but as an Abandoned, he’d might often be ignored, cursed, or anything else in between. “You could also gain Air enchantments.” Which wouldn’t be quite the same figment, but a route capable of being traversed.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Once Sah had started eating, he lost his reservation and enjoyed a few more of the foods Deimos had offered. He was especially fond of the jerky, his carnivorous habits still very much present. Hearing that his magic could potentially reach its original strength was an unbelievable relief. He suspected from Deimos' tone that although air magic existed, it might not be enough to grant him flight like he once had.

But as Deimos continued, Sah's eyes widened. "The gods here gave you the ability to shift? I could potentially have wings again if I somehow earned their favor? How?" His voice almost cracked at the end, but he was too focused on the conversation that he hardly cared. The idea of regaining wings was overwhelming and Sah mindlessly placed a hand on his shoulder blade where his wings used to be. Out of all of the losses he had experienced coming here, the loss of them had been one of the most painful to endure. There were times where he swore he could still feel them.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
He grabbed ahold of his another piece of jerky, meandering back to his desk, and settling down on top of the empty frame, gaze going from the ceiling for the moment, and then back along Sah, a myriad of thoughts circumventing through his mind. The world was vast and knowledge, sagacity, had been gained through the tumultuous whim of experiences and disasters, and half of him wondered if it would be best for the other to simply obtain the understanding for himself. To walk into those murky, desolate halls, to press and shatter, to fall apart and collect himself again, or if that was too cruel. If the malice of the void, of the realms, could be avoided by merely sharing the notions, as so many had done for the Sword.

The latter strung him along, chewing silently on the pieces of ningo, before swallowing, consuming, and continuing. “Safrin did.” Credit to the herald of life, after he’d wallowed in silence, after he’d strived and tried and never quite ceased. Just everything else now seemed to get in the way – and he wasn’t even certain where that path altered and changed, where he was supposed to be wandering. “You could, but it would take time and patience. They are not fond of Abandoned.” Not fond putting it mildly. “You are more likely to be ignored or cursed.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah felt his hope turn into frustration. "Of course." He mumbled, sarcasm coating his words. "What kinds of curses are we talking about anyway? Death by a thousand ways and eternal damnation, loss of a loved one, or smaller things like an incredibly inconvenient allergy?" Sah listed off some of the curses he'd seen in his world over the years. The gods of his realm, although fair, certainly were creative in their punishments of those who invoked their ire. If the gods here were prone to more milder ones, Sah might just take his chances.

However, if the curses were horrific... "As for time and patience, what does that mean specifically? I'm more than willing to work for the ability, even for years. But what would that even entail?" Sah asked, trying to get as much information on his options as he could glean from Deimos.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The General’s gaze remained fixed on the newcomer, on the interwoven layers of frustration constantly brewing, brimming, and lingering over the surface. A portion of the beast wanted to tell him to get used to the sentiments and ruminations, because there was always something else looming around the bend – but saved it, muffled it, stifled it, in the back of his mind. As far as curses, Deimos himself (somehow) had avoided the potential calamity, but had seen, heard, from a variety of others not so fortunate. “It varies. A friend was once cursed with a very bad sunburn.” He didn’t smile or chuckle at the semblance, but figured Chulane’s pain and expense had been far better than other capabilities – like what a herald could muster against an Ascended.

Deimos surveyed the youth again as he bristled over the semblance of time and patience; wondering how much of those elements were actually contained in the man, or if it was going to be a painstaking process for him to have those instilled. Fortitude, endurance, and perseverance over a multitude of agonies, anguishes, and defeats was a survival tactic here; otherwise one simply didn’t make it. How many instances had the Sword nearly perished, despite those machinations already embedded and infused within his soul? He contemplated the answer in his hushed measures, picking over a few crackers. “You might make offerings and prayers, but the heralds may not listen or answer. It could take many visits before one is inclined to meet you.” A pause in the rumble, considerations manifesting, mulling motions over. What had he done in the interim? “In the meantime, you can practice your magic, explore, train, and learn how to navigate this world.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace